Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2012, 07:54 PM   #2971
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post
Oh, maybe my scale is off. I measured 8oz (1 cup) of water and it weighed 9oz.

The weight differences in oil, water, wine, etc might not be drastic in small amounts.
A gallon or five gallons, though, would probably show a difference.

ETA--ha, Georgene! You beat me to it!!!
Well those are the quantities of wine I drink! Now I have to refigure my calculations!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2012, 08:05 PM   #2972

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Well those are the quantities of wine I drink! Now I have to refigure my calculations!
LOL
Old 01-09-2012, 04:02 AM   #2973
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gharkness
WOE: RNY Gastric Bypass 02-02-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Just make sure you do it **before** you drink your wine
Old 01-09-2012, 07:40 AM   #2974
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: katecat
Stats: 258/220/160
WOE: Trying, just trying:)
Start Date: October 2000
First week's JUDDD done and DH and I have both lost 5 pounds.

Can't say I'm finding it easy and couldn't cope with shakes for induction down days so have gone for vegetable based meals instead.

BUT, it's obviously working
Old 01-09-2012, 08:01 AM   #2975
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: julietcc
Stats: JUDDD - 118.6/112/112-115 highest weight 194 5'4"
WOE: Atkins, then JUDDD
Start Date: Started JUDDD 10/26/11
112.6 this morning. Maintaining well. Today is an up day!
Old 01-09-2012, 08:11 AM   #2976
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: theredhead
Stats: 229/152/150
WOE: Atkins/hCG/maintaining EASILY with JUDDD
Start Date: 09/04/03
I'm happy to have only gained four pounds of water weight after a very enjoyable "free" weekend. It'll be gone in two or three days, I have no doubt. While maintaining, I'm not going to let those water pounds bother me. As long as I'm back to below my goal weight by Saturday morning (and I have no doubt I will be), I'm golden!
Old 01-09-2012, 09:17 AM   #2977
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
First I want to say I admire all of you who are feeling discouraged, overwhelmed or having a hard time getting back in the groove for NOT giving up!! JUDDD gives us the freedom to "mess up" at times and also the wonderful opportunity to get back on track when we are ready to get to our weight loss/maintenance goals again! You all can do this so stay the course!!

I would like to report that after the "abundance feast" I had yesterday I am only up 1 pound to 136! A good DD will take care of this and when I think back on all the fun, laughter and GREAT food I ate yesterday I am just amazed (as I have been since starting JUDDD) that I get to enjoy my life and eat the great food I love and STILL be able to stay at the weight that feels right and healthy for me!

I'm just always in awe of this WOE!!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”
Old 01-09-2012, 09:20 AM   #2978
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Kate and Julie: congrats! Great numbers.

Laurie: Glad you enjoyed your weekend and the freedom to eat! You are right, you will be back down in no time.

I am motivated to get to the gym this morning. I am planning to do one hour of cardio on the elliptical and then one hour of strength training. After that I have a bunch of errands to run including grocery shopping. I probably won't check back in for several hours.

Hope you all have a great day!
Old 01-09-2012, 09:54 AM   #2979
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: dodahdeb
Stats: 209/122
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 01/05/12
siked so far

day 5 of JUDDD for maintenance
yesterday was a - DD

Goal weight - 122
LDW - 119.0
Last DD weight - 120.6 (saturday)
(I will only be weighing the day after a DD)

Today's weight - 118.8

difference from last DD -1.8

breakfast
protein shake with 1 scoop protein, 1 cup almond milk, flavored water, strawberries and splenda

Lunch
protein shake with 1 scoop protein, 1 cup almond milk, flavored water, strawberries and splenda

Dinner
8 oz NF greek yogurt and 3 oz of blueberries

Snack
Okay once again went a little crazy here.....1 tootsie pop, some crackers and some corn chips (not counted in calorie count:giggle)

Calories 598 protein 46% Carbs 39% Fat 15%

Well I know I'm not staying at my 500-600 goal for a down day but I must say I am pretty siked so far. I'm going to hold my excitement for at least a week to see how this continues but I must say that if I can eat on my up days and not suffer on my down days then this may be a great way to maintain. Holding my conclusion until I have more data.

I'm just excited to think that I can have possibly a free day on my birthday and go right back to the rotation and maintain. Wouldnt that be GREAT?!!!!
Old 01-09-2012, 09:58 AM   #2980
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kris4chloe
Stats: 229/181/140 HW:265
Start Date: Sept 2011 Restart / Sept 2010 Original Start
Checking in here.

Another new low today (love when that happens)

193.2 (after an UD, woohoo)

I am almost positive it is because I started going to the gym again yesterday.

Today heading to the gym after I drop off my kindergartner at school and will be meeting with a personal trainer for a free half hour intro session. Excited to find out what I will learn, time to start working on increasing muscle and tightening some things up.
Old 01-09-2012, 10:25 AM   #2981
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: theredhead
Stats: 229/152/150
WOE: Atkins/hCG/maintaining EASILY with JUDDD
Start Date: 09/04/03
Quote:
I'm just excited to think that I can have possibly a free day on my birthday and go right back to the rotation and maintain. Wouldnt that be GREAT?!!!!
Deb, I KNOW you can eat on your birthday and take the water weight right back off. Trust me on this.
Old 01-09-2012, 10:29 AM   #2982
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Wine2
Stats: 5'7 53 y.o.189/175/165 (size:14,12,10)
Start Date: 12/26/11
Oh, Man! I never thought of this until your post..birthday cake! Not just MY birthday can I induldge but with family's bday too! Usually I either skip the cake or eat it with so much guilt, but not this year! I'll plan my UDs on bday parties!
Old 01-09-2012, 10:32 AM   #2983
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: HW164/136/135-139
Haven't been on for a bit, and have a lot to catch up on, but I've hit a new low this morning, and couldn't be more pleased, especially since yesterday was an UD.

I was fairly satisfied with maintaining since I was just about 3 lbs from my ultimate goal, but jeez, what a surprise!!!

Deb, so happy you're posting, and more happy that you're seeing some success.
Yes, it would be great, and in fact, it will be great to have your cake and eat it, too! A lot of us have gone off the deep end with our cravings only to bounce right back with a DD or two.

Gracie's Journal
Old 01-09-2012, 10:36 AM   #2984

Quote:
Originally Posted by katecat View Post
First week's JUDDD done and DH and I have both lost 5 pounds.

Can't say I'm finding it easy and couldn't cope with shakes for induction down days so have gone for vegetable based meals instead.

BUT, it's obviously working
Wow! Great first week, Kate. Congrats!

Very few of us have done the shakes for induction. We couldn't stand the hunger pangs from using them for our meals either! Most of us want real food that we can CHEW!

I do want to assure you that it does get easier. First of all, I think our brains just get used to this new routine of eating, so complies by adopting the new eating cycle to the release of our *hungry* enzyme, so once that's all back in sync, we don't feel all that much hunger on the DDs. And, of course, those wonderful UDs take care of themselves!

And then too, we try various things for our DD meals and finally find out just what foods do the best for us in helping us feel satisfied and that sustain us comfortably. And that's just a matter of seeing whether you do best with flesh protein, or veggies or whatever.

Congrats, once again, on the good job you've done so far and your wonderful success! Once you've got the initial difficulty of doing the DDs settled with, you're going to be golden!
Old 01-09-2012, 10:48 AM   #2985

Quote:
Originally Posted by sazzie View Post
Haven't been on for a bit, and have a lot to catch up on, but I've hit a new low this morning, and couldn't be more pleased, especially since yesterday was an UD.

I was fairly satisfied with maintaining since I was just about 3 lbs from my ultimate goal, but jeez, what a surprise!!!

Deb, so happy you're posting, and more happy that you're seeing some success.
Yes, it would be great, and in fact, it will be great to have your cake and eat it, too! A lot of us have gone off the deep end with our cravings only to bounce right back with a DD or two.
And here's another thing that I have found fascinating about JUDDD. For so many of us, after we've been doing JUDDD for awhile, we find there are very few *cravings* left. I guess it's because there's no real need. For the most part, if you crave it, you can eat it. Unless you have some underlying health issue that precludes you from eating certain foods, such as diabetes calling for holding carbs down or an allergy to shellfish demanding that you pass by the shrimp salad.

So while we are freer than ever before to eat whatever we wish, we now find we can delight in foods of all kinds and not feel the compulsions to go too far overboard on much of anything.

And now we are getting the reports of folks finding themselves far less sensitive to carbs when they do JUDDD than when on other plans. I suspect it is because of the fasting aspect of JUDDD and its power to reduce the degree of metabolic resistance many folks suffer from. We become more sensitive to insulin and our bodies respond to it in a far more normal manner, as it is designed to operate. Interesting observation from those who can eat a bit higher carb on JUDDD and still see great blood sugar results. I'm going to try to find more studies on that.
Old 01-09-2012, 11:01 AM   #2986
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: katecat
Stats: 258/220/160
WOE: Trying, just trying:)
Start Date: October 2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
Wow! Great first week, Kate. Congrats!

Very few of us have done the shakes for induction. We couldn't stand the hunger pangs from using them for our meals either! Most of us want real food that we can CHEW!

I do want to assure you that it does get easier. First of all, I think our brains just get used to this new routine of eating, so complies by adopting the new eating cycle to the release of our *hungry* enzyme, so once that's all back in sync, we don't feel all that much hunger on the DDs. And, of course, those wonderful UDs take care of themselves!

And then too, we try various things for our DD meals and finally find out just what foods do the best for us in helping us feel satisfied and that sustain us comfortably. And that's just a matter of seeing whether you do best with flesh protein, or veggies or whatever.

Congrats, once again, on the good job you've done so far and your wonderful success! Once you've got the initial difficulty of doing the DDs settled with, you're going to be golden!
Thank you for your reply Yes, hopefully it will get easier and I'm starting to experiment a bit more with down day recipes. Made a chili with Quorn (micro-protein) for tonight and have an egg-based main meal planned for Wednesday. I'm interested to see which foods prove to be the most satisfying.

The WOE is really suiting DH and he's already talking about this being a permanent life-style!

Thank you all here, for the recipes, menus and ideas. They are proving really helpful!
Old 01-09-2012, 11:04 AM   #2987
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: HW164/136/135-139
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
And here's another thing that I have found fascinating about JUDDD. For so many of us, after we've been doing JUDDD for awhile, we find there are very few *cravings* left. I guess it's because there's no real need. For the most part, if you crave it, you can eat it. Unless you have some underlying health issue that precludes you from eating certain foods, such as diabetes calling for holding carbs down or an allergy to shellfish demanding that you pass by the shrimp salad.

So while we are freer than ever before to eat whatever we wish, we now find we can delight in foods of all kinds and not feel the compulsions to go too far overboard on much of anything.

And now we are getting the reports of folks finding themselves far less sensitive to carbs when they do JUDDD than when on other plans. I suspect it is because of the fasting aspect of JUDDD and its power to reduce the degree of metabolic resistance many folks suffer from. We become more sensitive to insulin and our bodies respond to it in a far more normal manner, as it is designed to operate. Interesting observation from those who can eat a bit higher carb on JUDDD and still see great blood sugar results. I'm going to try to find more studies on that.
This rings so so true for me.

My carb sensitivity is diminished to the point that I feel comfortable enough to say 'yes' to just about any food, but oddly enough, I end up saying 'no'. That's because the choice is now mine to make!

If I still want it another day, it's all up to me!

What a liberating feeling!!!
Old 01-09-2012, 11:13 AM   #2988
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazzie View Post
This rings so so true for me.

My carb sensitivity is diminished to the point that I feel comfortable enough to say 'yes' to just about any food, but oddly enough, I end up saying 'no'. That's because the choice is now mine to make!

If I still want it another day, it's all up to me!

What a liberating feeling!!!
Same here! Not to mention my "calorie sensitivity" has diminished too! In other words, I can eat higher calories now in maintenance than I was in weight-loss mode, and not gain... in fact, sometimes losing more. JUDDD heals a lot of things.
Old 01-09-2012, 12:32 PM   #2989
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
GREAT JOB, all you losers! KUTGW, maintainers! Hope everyone has a good week on JUDDDg!
Old 01-09-2012, 01:27 PM   #2990
Administrator

Gallery: Kathy
This thread has been closed due to its size. Please continue your discussion in the new thread.
WEIGHT MANAGEMENT: How are You Doing Today? (Part 2)
Closed Thread