Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2011, 04:50 PM   #271
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Well, I am STILL 137.75! That's the same weight 5 days in a row!
Tom is due in a couple of day, and I am really bloated, so I am hoping there is a little loss going on under all this water!
My weight loss graph has flatlined.... I want to see a little drop soon... I am sticking to my juddd cals like glue!

Hugs
Jo
X

Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2011, 04:52 PM   #272
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catjrow3
Stats: 240/177/150
WOE: NK - LCHF
Start Date: 05/18/2013 (restart of course)
I completely agree with Joedi, sounds wonderfully put too!! Dont let people push you into food you dont want to eat!
Old 10-06-2011, 04:54 PM   #273
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: faithgirl
He actually didn't make an announcement. I wish he had becuase then I would have had some idea as to what we were getting. But you are right, I AM in control of what I eat. I am going to bring a salad and some tuna. If they order someplace where I can get something light, I may do that just so no one asks why I am not ordering. Otherwise, I am eating my own food. I may try some broth and veggies to save on calories at breakfast, too. I would do another slalad or broth for dinner, if I needed to. But I am going to go in telling myself that I AM IN CONTROL OF WHAT I EAT so I won't cave in to something high calorie. Thanks!

Old 10-06-2011, 05:24 PM   #274
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mommie22boys
Stats: 211/199/135 5'5.5"
WOE: Paleo/ JUDDD
Start Date: Originally 6/7/07, Now 4/1/13
Good luck tomorrow, Kathleen! You'll do it! I feel your anxiety, though.

Tomorrow's a DD for me too. However, it 's a half day at school, and we always go out for lunch after the students leave, before our meetings start. I've never gone out to eat on a DD and kept it's DD before. But I'm determined to do it! Luckily, I get to pick the place, but I don't know what to do. The only local place that I can look up nutritional info
on (besides fast food), is Applebee's. I'm thinking either soup and a side salad, or one of their Under 550 calorie entrees (eat half) with a side salad. Either way, I'll bring my own dressing from home.

What do you guys do when you find yourself eating out on a DD?

You know the laws of dieting. All gains are water weight. All losses are of fat! --SoHappy
Old 10-06-2011, 05:26 PM   #275
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Cruzcrzy
Stats: 183/136/129-131
Andrea, how about making tomorrow a middle day? You could easily order off the 550 calorie menu then.
Old 10-06-2011, 05:34 PM   #276
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzcrzy View Post
Andrea, how about making tomorrow a middle day? You could easily order off the 550 calorie menu then.
Thanks, Marie. I'm keeping that idea in my back pocket tomorrow in case I need it. But I'm really gonna try to keep to DD calories if I can. I'll just do coffee for brekkie, good choices at lunch, and we'll see what I have left for dinner. Maybe gluc pudding or the other half of my lunch (if I only eat half).

Last edited by Mommie22boys; 10-06-2011 at 05:35 PM..
Old 10-06-2011, 06:32 PM   #277
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedi View Post
Kathleen- you said you overheard your boss planning to order in? Well, if it were me, I would just "forget" I had overheard, and bring in a delicious salad anyway!
Even if your boss actually announced he was ordering lunch, I would still do this. It's easy enough just to smile and say "oh I forgot, and just made my lunch as normal" or " my tummys feeling a bit delicate today, so I thought I would bring in something light".
Remember, you are in charge of what you eat, and in my experience, if you don't make a big deal of it, usually nobody will even notice!
Enjoy your Starbucks treat!
Hugs
Jo
X
NOT but GREAT POST!!!
Old 10-06-2011, 06:35 PM   #278

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommie22boys View Post
Good luck tomorrow, Kathleen! You'll do it! I feel your anxiety, though.

Tomorrow's a DD for me too. However, it 's a half day at school, and we always go out for lunch after the students leave, before our meetings start. I've never gone out to eat on a DD and kept it's DD before. But I'm determined to do it! Luckily, I get to pick the place, but I don't know what to do. The only local place that I can look up nutritional info
on (besides fast food), is Applebee's. I'm thinking either soup and a side salad, or one of their Under 550 calorie entrees (eat half) with a side salad. Either way, I'll bring my own dressing from home.

Soup and salad is always a sure thing to keep the calories down unless it's a cream soup. Chicken noodle is a good one, and so is a veggie type. If all else fails just eat half (as you are thinking) of the 550 calorie entree and have the left over for your UD tomorrow!!
Old 10-06-2011, 06:37 PM   #279

Quote:
Well, I am STILL 137.75! That's the same weight 5 days in a row!
Tom is due in a couple of day, and I am really bloated, so I am hoping there is a little loss going on under all this water!
My weight loss graph has flatlined.... I want to see a little drop soon... I am sticking to my juddd cals like glue!

Hugs
Jo
X
Jo, I really think our bodies just "hang out" for a bit to catch up with the losses. You have the devil Tom coming and THAT never helps! Hang tough, I think you may see a loss by next week, after the devil leaves!!
Old 10-06-2011, 09:27 PM   #280
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: halos
Stats: (275)256/240/140
Start Date: 9/24/2013
I am down 5 of the overnight 8. I am extremely sensative to salt and some carbs mess me up. I usually eat 30-50 carbs so should not be super sensative to them. I may have an allergic reaction going on. Drat!!!

You are all doing so well weight wise. It is very encouraging to hear all the sucess stories.
Old 10-07-2011, 03:47 AM   #281
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: paulabob
Stats: 204/124.6/110 49%/27.4%/20% 5'2"
WOE: Atkins/hHcg/Optimal whatever works
Start Date: restart March '10
Quote:
It's hard to go wrong calorie wise with chicken salad. I leave off the croutons and cheese, and get dressing on the side. Have had that twice in the last week once at chick fillet (well side salad with chicken burger since their regular salads don't have enough chicken) plus at freebird's (like chipotle) with tomatillo salsa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by halos View Post
I am down 5 of the overnight 8.
Hope the next 3 (and more) comes off tomorrow!

I stayed the same after my UD (yah!). Ended with 1500 calories yesterday.

Hope I hit fresh weight tomorrow for my weekly weigh in. Only .4 above last Saturday's weigh in. TOM, don't mess me yet!
2012 lowish Optimal calories, June25th 132.6/124.6/110
Old 10-07-2011, 05:55 AM   #282
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AmyInTX
Stats: 262/243.2/170
WOE: LC/ then JUDDD
Start Date: start JUDDD on 8/4/12
Down another 1.2 .... I'm in awe and I'm super excited!! AND the best part .... I don't feel like I am dieting!!! woowho!!

off to run a ton of errands today!

have a great Friday all
Old 10-07-2011, 06:01 AM   #283
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AnnF
Stats: W:218/172/165 - H:5'9.5" - Age 55
WOE: LC
Start Date: July 28, 2012
Argh. Still 183. I guess this is my new upper limit-- which is an improvement of an upper limit of 185.

The rest of you are AWESOME LOSERS!
Old 10-07-2011, 06:08 AM   #284

As I predicted, I am up today, 2 pounds. I update my stats to the left daily. We had a great time out last evening, and I know the majority is water weight. Today is a DD for me, and I welcome it .

Have a great Friday ALL.
Old 10-07-2011, 07:15 AM   #285
Major LCF Poster!

Well, down 2.2 from my DD... and today is another UD, so we will see what happens. Again, going to try my hardest to make only good choices today and not go overboard with calories or carbs/sugars/flours, etc... (for those not on the other threads, we are posting old pictures of ourselves for a few days and this was my senior year in high school!!) Gotta love the 80s!!
Old 10-07-2011, 07:53 AM   #286

Morning ALL!! UD for me and it's Chinese for dinner!!! It's the first UD for eating Chinese so I'm going to enjoy myself!! Hope everyone has a GREAT UD or DD!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by halos View Post
I am down 5 of the overnight 8. I am extremely sensative to salt and some carbs mess me up. I usually eat 30-50 carbs so should not be super sensative to them. I may have an allergic reaction going on. Drat!!

You are all doing so well weight wise. It is very encouraging to hear all the sucess stories.
Salt will do this to me everytime!! And I have found the only carbs that make me gain are sugar carbs. Wheat and such don't do a thing. Well, it's great to see the 5 pounds down for you and hope the other 3 leave and take a few more with them! You are doing well!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyInTX View Post
Down another 1.2 .... I'm in awe and I'm super excited!! AND the best part .... I don't feel like I am dieting!!! woowho!!

off to run a ton of errands today!

have a great Friday all
CONGRATS!!!! I love how JUDDD is working for you! I have had the same experience and I'm sure lots thought (probably still think) I was/am over the top about how I talk about JUDDD, but you are another example of how this WOE can work when we work it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnF View Post
Argh. Still 183. I guess this is my new upper limit-- which is an improvement of an upper limit of 185.

The rest of you are AWESOME LOSERS!
Ann, maybe you body is just taking a rest? I can't remember how long you have been with JUDDD, but I think you body is just adjusting now and will start to move the weight again really soon. Hang in there, JUDDD BUDDD!

Quote:
As I predicted, I am up today, 2 pounds. I update my stats to the left daily. We had a great time out last evening, and I know the majority is water weight. Today is a DD for me, and I welcome it .

Have a great Friday ALL.
Getting on the scale after an UD can be a little discouraging but is always comes off when we have a good DD, thank the powers that be!! And what I like is I KNOW when it going to be up because of how I've eaten on my UD and that helps to not be surprised!

Quote:
Originally Posted by catjrow3 View Post
Well, down 2.2 from my DD... and today is another UD, so we will see what happens. Again, going to try my hardest to make only good choices today and not go overboard with calories or carbs/sugars/flours, etc... (for those not on the other threads, we are posting old pictures of ourselves for a few days and this was my senior year in high school!!) Gotta love the 80s!!
the avatar pic, and what beautiful hair!!! I could only wish for that! CONGRATS on the loss!!! And hoping you continue to be a LOSER!!!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”
Old 10-07-2011, 08:14 AM   #287

Gallery: Stevie Renee
Start Date: July 2000
I started the HCG plan a few weeks ago and was up to 160.6 after loading. I petered out on it and just did IF and low carb (paleo). Yesterday was my first DD on Judd. Today I am at 152.6. (goal is 145)

Need to figure out what to eat today for my UD.

I really like the freedom this plan allows

Old 10-07-2011, 08:17 AM   #288
Major LCF Poster!

YUMMM, love chinese... devil food for me though.. the sodium alone does me in...
Old 10-07-2011, 10:42 AM   #289

Quote:
YUMMM, love chinese... devil food for me though.. the sodium alone does me in...
I always ask them to put the sauce on the side in everything I order, plus no sugar in the sauce, msg or salt. They are very happy to do this and it solves the salt/sugar issue for me. Maybe your Chinese Restaurant will do the same for you!!
Old 10-07-2011, 11:20 AM   #290
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeb View Post
I always ask them to put the sauce on the side in everything I order, plus no sugar in the sauce, msg or salt. They are very happy to do this and it solves the salt/sugar issue for me. Maybe your Chinese Restaurant will do the same for you!!
Could they take the oil out of the deep fried wontons too?? LOL or the carbs out of the rice??
Old 10-07-2011, 11:24 AM   #291

Quote:
Could they take the oil out of the deep fried wontons too?? LOL or the carbs out of the rice??
Don't know about these things, but I will ask next time!

Wouldn't that be wonderful, though!
Old 10-07-2011, 12:27 PM   #292
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Feeling Low Today :-(

At 137.75 for the 6th day. As tom is due, I am grateful not to be up...but if feel SO bloated, heavy and tired!

It is worse this month than last...could juddd and my weighloss be something to do with it? I have heard eostrogen gets released with fat...maybe it is exaggerating things?

Made my nut flour apple scones for lunch...and ate 3 (small ones)
Still well within my UD allowance...but not a very "balanced" choice.

I plan to get up early tomorrow and go to the gym, despite the tiredness and the DD...maybe it will help?

It has been a tight couple of weeks moneywise, (our car...an old banger anyway, has broken down, and is getting fixed) so I havent been to the gym for over a week...just had long walks instead....feeling a bit guilty about missing my sessions too...

Sorry to be such a moaning minnie...I KNOW its mostly hormonal...but it still feels horrible!

I was having such a happy, energetic judding month too!

hugs to all my lovely juddd budds
Jo
x

"Eat today for the clothes you want to wear tomorrow!"

Last edited by Joedi; 10-07-2011 at 12:28 PM..
Old 10-07-2011, 12:28 PM   #293
Major LCF Poster!

Ugh. So I did what I said I wasn't going to do...weighed after a UD. I have gotten into the habit of weighing myself at night to get a little heads up on what my morning weigh-in will look like. I HAD been doing this on DDs to see how well I had done that day. But then it morphed into ALSO weighing at night on UDs, since I wan't going to be weighing in the next morning anyway. Then i'd be able to see how much damage my UD had done to the scale. Well, last night (UD) when I got on the scale, my weight was down from that morning. So, back to this morning...since last night'snumber looked pretty good, I decided to see what the scale had to say.

The good news is that I am down again (.4) this morning. But I don't WANT to weigh after UDs, since those are days when I should see a bounce up. I guess I'm just being a baby about it. I don't wanna see the bounce up numbers, so by not weighing on those days I can pretend they don't exist.

In other news, congrats to all the losers around here! Hugs to those who need one.
Old 10-07-2011, 01:45 PM   #294
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
At 137.75 for the 6th day. As tom is due, I am grateful not to be up...but if feel SO bloated, heavy and tired!

It is worse this month than last...could juddd and my weighloss be something to do with it? I have heard eostrogen gets released with fat...maybe it is exaggerating things?

I plan to get up early tomorrow and go to the gym, despite the tiredness and the DD...maybe it will help?

It has been a tight couple of weeks moneywise, (our car...an old banger anyway, has broken down, and is getting fixed) so I havent been to the gym for over a week...just had long walks instead....feeling a bit guilty about missing my sessions too...

Sorry to be such a moaning minnie...I KNOW its mostly hormonal...but it still feels horrible!

Jo
x
Joedi, sorry you are still feeling down .... Boy do I know how you feel. Hopefully the gym will help tomorrow and you will probably have a nice swoosh as soon as TOM comes and blows out.. I am a few days out from TOM too and its making me feel horrid too, but I shoot up in weight, would feel blessed to stay even!! That would be soo nice UD and not gain.... Hope it gets better tomorrow!!
Old 10-07-2011, 02:07 PM   #295

Quote:

Jo
x
I'm giving you a big and again telling you that I think you body is just adjusting to the weight. You are so close to goal now, not much to lose at all, so it takes time. Also, you haven't been doing your regular exercise so maybe your muscles are holding a little more water than usual? Or maybe it's just a tom month? I use to have really bad months and then almost nothing months. It's just how hormones go sometimes. Also, this time of year is bad on our mental state because of winter setting in and lack of light. I take vitamin D3 and it's made so much difference in how I feel this time of year now. And sometimes we NEED to eat 3 nut flour scones, or a piece of cake, it's just what we want. AND the greatest thing, and which you may want to remember, is you CAN eat this. So what if it's not a salad or veggie. That is NOT what you wanted, you wanted 3 nut flour scones!! Car issues suck, and so does money issues, but at least you didn't let that stop you from getting some kind of exercise. You walked and that is wonderful exercise! Try to see the good, Jo that you have done, felt and are doing since JUDDDing and I think you will turn this yucky time right around!!

Quote:
Ugh. So I did what I said I wasn't going to do...weighed after a UD. I have gotten into the habit of weighing myself at night to get a little heads up on what my morning weigh-in will look like. I HAD been doing this on DDs to see how well I had done that day. But then it morphed into ALSO weighing at night on UDs, since I wan't going to be weighing in the next morning anyway. Then i'd be able to see how much damage my UD had done to the scale. Well, last night (UD) when I got on the scale, my weight was down from that morning. So, back to this morning...since last night'snumber looked pretty good, I decided to see what the scale had to say.

The good news is that I am down again (.4) this morning. But I don't WANT to weigh after UDs, since those are days when I should see a bounce up. I guess I'm just being a baby about it. I don't wanna see the bounce up numbers, so by not weighing on those days I can pretend they don't exist.

In other news, congrats to all the losers around here! Hugs to those who need one.
But you are down .4 pounds! Isn't this good?! I think so and WTG! And the bouncing scale is the evil we all live with and it sure can make a strange bed fellow at times! It's the thing we love to hate, if you know what I mean!
Old 10-07-2011, 05:19 PM   #296
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: darlingnikki
Stats: start 225/ now 132.2/ goal 125 ??? Height 5'3"
WOE: JUDDD and HCG (not at the same time)
Quote:

Jo
x

hugs
vent away we understand!!
nikki
Old 10-07-2011, 05:20 PM   #297

Looking forward to my UP DAY TOMORROW....just saying, LOL
Old 10-07-2011, 05:24 PM   #298
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Looking forward to my UP DAY TOMORROW....just saying, LOL
Hmmm just the opposite for me.. not looking forward to the DD!! but I hope it starts off better than the last one!! (I was up 3 lbs)
Old 10-07-2011, 05:29 PM   #299
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: paulabob
Stats: 204/124.6/110 49%/27.4%/20% 5'2"
WOE: Atkins/hHcg/Optimal whatever works
Start Date: restart March '10
Enjoyed my DD supper, but accidentally pushed the calories too high. Seems if I don't preplan everything, I mess up more often!

With that and TOMs arrival today, it's anyone's guess if I'll get a weekly loss tomorrow. I will try to not care what that number is!

BTW, there's been tons of cheese on sale...we now have about 8 pounds in our fridge! Kind of funny but we'll be through all of it in a month or so.
Old 10-07-2011, 05:42 PM   #300

Quote:
Hmmm just the opposite for me.. not looking forward to the DD!! but I hope it starts off better than the last one!! (I was up 3 lbs)
Today is my DD and that is why I am looking forward to tomorrow. I AM HUNGRY, lol. I will push through it.......
Closed Thread