Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   What would you think of doing this? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/737403-what-would-you-think-doing.html)

SoHappy 09-27-2011 09:17 AM

What would you think of doing this?

Do any of you feel there is any need to continue starting a new *big discussion* thread each month, now that JUDDD has it's own Forum? Any reason we need a *main* thread for each separate month?

It seems easier to simply start various new discussions with new threads, since all of our discussion can now be gathered right here. No longer needing a long ongoing thread for each month...

Shall we just drop it? Any opposing thoughts? LOL Any reasons why we need to continue with it?

AnnF 09-27-2011 09:29 AM

I do like having a central place to check in each morning and share my weigh-in progress. But maybe we just create a thread for that? Because I think you're right-- we have a whole forum now! :)

Joedi 09-27-2011 09:36 AM

Perhaps we could just have a couple of stickies with the basic Juddd info for newbies, and an on going weighloss thread, like they do in the main forum?
September has really been an awesome month for the Juddd forum!
I 3> JUDDD!

Jo
x

SoHappy 09-27-2011 09:48 AM

Maybe that's what our monthly thread needs to be for.

It just seems like we don't need our *JUDDD for SEPTEMBER: Discussions of Daily Life, Eating, Foods and Supplements* monthly thread anymore really, because we now have the entire Forum for our discussions, and the discussions can be on various individual threads.. and in fact, that is what we are just naturally gravitating to for our discussion needs.

Maybe that ongoing single thread now needs to be something like: JUDDD Weight Management: How are You Doing Today? or something like that.

Like we have the thread for posting what we're eating daily, and the new thread could be for our weight management each day.

AnnF 09-27-2011 09:58 AM

I like that!

Beeb 09-27-2011 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoHappy (Post 15039874)
Maybe that's what our monthly thread needs to be for.

It just seems like we don't need our *JUDDD for SEPTEMBER: Discussions of Daily Life, Eating, Foods and Supplements* monthly thread anymore really, because we now have the entire Forum for our discussions, and the discussions can be on various individual threads.. and in fact, that is what we are just naturally gravitating to for our discussion needs.

Maybe that ongoing single thread now needs to be something like: JUDDD Weight Management: How are You Doing Today? or something like that.

Like we have the thread for posting what we're eating daily, and the new thread could be for our weight management each day.

I second this with AnnF! I like your ideas and say, "let's give it a go, JUDDD BUDDDs! :jumpjoy: We can always go back to the original type thread if we decide it's not what we really wanted or need! ;)

Change is GOOD!! :D

Cruzcrzy 09-27-2011 12:03 PM

This is a drive by to say let's give it a go!! I've been out today, but, will be around here tomorrow. Hello to all my JUDDD BUDDS :).

LuvLatte 09-27-2011 12:14 PM

I'm so new here that it doesn't matter, I haven't gotten used to it yet, :)

I'm good with the new suggestion, :)

itsmeshelly01 09-27-2011 05:52 PM

I think its a great idea. Especially for someone like me who isn't on a lot and is on my phone. It can be hard for me to get caught on the big thread and then I feel bad because I don't mention everyone by name and comment on specific things. Even when I want to I forget who wrote it by the time I get to post. If we do individual discussions it will be so much easier for me to comment. Am I being selfish. I'm sorry if I am. I love keeping up with everyone and then I don't end up posting just because I feel like I'm only posting about me and not commenting on specifics.

Beeb 09-27-2011 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itsmeshelly01 (Post 15041355)
I think its a great idea. Especially for someone like me who isn't on a lot and is on my phone. It can be hard for me to get caught on the big thread and then I feel bad because I don't mention everyone by name and comment on specific things. Even when I want to I forget who wrote it by the time I get to post. If we do individual discussions it will be so much easier for me to comment. Am I being selfish. I'm sorry if I am. I love keeping up with everyone and then I don't end up posting just because I feel like I'm only posting about me and not commenting on specifics.

This make perfect sense and I think it's what Pat is suggesting. And NO it's not selfish! :hugs: We are getting more and more fellow JUDDD BUDDDs everyday, it seems and it IS hard to keep up with everyone's wonderful losses, experiences, life changing events and suggestions/ideas. Posting in individual thread, I think, will must more simplier. I like having a "Weight loss/gain for the week" continual thread like we now have the "What are you eating today" one. That will be fun and interesting. All other topics can have their own threads.

GREAT IDEA, MISS PAT!! And I say, again, LET'S GO FOR IT!! :up::clap::jumpjoy:

AnnF 09-28-2011 05:15 AM

We do need an "All About JUDDD" sticky, though. I nominate Pat to write it! :)

Rachelocity 09-28-2011 05:44 AM

Nomination seconded! (Pat, you're my JUDDD Yoda) The long thread is kind of intimidating and sometimes (like today) I barely have time to post, let alone multiquote and "do personals". And the nice thing about having "my own thread" if I ask a question is that it saves having to start a journal thread, if I don't want to. I like things easy. Like JUDDDing.:cool::cool::sing::sing:

SoHappy 09-28-2011 05:45 AM

WEIGHT MANAGEMENT: How are You Doing Today?

Yay! A new and hopefully ongoing thread on our JUDDD Forum where we can post our daily or weekly weigh-in results, track our weight loss progress, and keep ourselves accountable.

Wishing us all great success in our weight management efforts as we also improve our health and appreciate the freedom JUDDD gives us to enjoy the Feast of Life as we live it.

Joedi 09-28-2011 06:30 AM

oooh...I am getting all excited about our new look Juddd thread! Looks like I will be staying up even later into the night to catch up!

And thanks, Itsmeshelly01! What you said is EXACTLY how I feel!

Hugs
Jo
x

SoHappy 09-28-2011 06:39 AM

Our new Weight Management thread is posted now.

It'll be fun to be able to have one specific place to record our ongoing efforts here, where we can hold ourselves accountable, post our brags, and prove to ourselves how we can manage our weight while enjoying a lot of mealtime freedoms and delights!

Beeb 09-28-2011 09:53 AM

And don't forget everyone: Start new threads if you have questions :confused:, comments :hiya:, advice/suggestions:up: and concerns:weigh: :help:!

Joedi 09-28-2011 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beeb (Post 15043004)
And don't forget everyone: Start new threads if you have questions :confused:, comments :hiya:, advice/suggestions:up: and concerns:weigh: :help:!

Like your use of smileys Beeb...you have it down to an artform!:shake:

Jo
x

Beeb 09-28-2011 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joedi (Post 15043337)
Like your use of smileys Beeb...you have it down to an artform!:shake:

Jo
x

:stars::doh: :hyst::lol:

Dottie 09-28-2011 12:04 PM

I think this one: :jumpjoy: should be named "the beeb" lol. It just needs pom-poms :)

Beeb 09-28-2011 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dottie (Post 15043454)
I think this one: :jumpjoy: should be named "the beeb" lol. It just needs pom-poms :)

:eek:......:laugh::hyst::lol::rofl::p:goodpost:

SoHappy 09-28-2011 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dottie (Post 15043454)

Oh, Dottie! I agree 1,000% That made me LOLOLOLOL! :laugh:

paulabob 09-29-2011 04:40 PM

Yes, I love a daily checkin thread. Helps keep me accountable and motivates me to start planning my day - whether it's up or down.

LOL at "the beeb".

Love all the new smilies!

SoHappy 09-29-2011 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulabob (Post 15047090)
Yes, I love a daily checkin thread. Helps keep me accountable and motivates me to start planning my day - whether it's up or down.

LOL at "the beeb".

Love all the new smilies!

How do you see this daily check-in thread appearing? Would you prefer it to be an ongoing thread-of-the-month sort of thing, like we have now? Because it is easy-peasy to keep that going.

paulabob 09-30-2011 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoHappy (Post 15047101)
How do you see this daily check-in thread appearing? Would you prefer it to be an ongoing thread-of-the-month sort of thing, like we have now? Because it is easy-peasy to keep that going.

Yes, I think just like we have now is good (and easy is good!).

SoHappy 09-30-2011 04:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulabob (Post 15047842)
Yes, I think just like we have now is good (and easy is good!).

OK. An October thread will go up tomorrow, and we do seem to be utilizing the individual discussion threads for particular subjects too, so that's what I was hoping for too.

:shake:

Beeb 09-30-2011 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoHappy (Post 15047866)
OK. An October thread will go up tomorrow, and we do seem to be utilizing the individual discussion threads for particular subjects too, so that's what I was hoping for too.

:shake:

I am getting very confused with having the monthly thread AND the other threads up. I thought it was a decision not to put the monthly thread up anymore. :dunno: I personally don't think it's needed if we have the weight in thread, the eating thread and all the other threads asking questions, suggestions or just thoughts threads. I'm so confused when I see posters posting the same thing in 2 different threads, as has happened lately.

JMHO

paulabob 09-30-2011 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beeb (Post 15048458)
I am getting very confused with having the monthly thread AND the other threads up. I thought it was a decision not to put the monthly thread up anymore. :dunno: I personally don't think it's needed if we have the weight in thread, the eating thread and all the other threads asking questions, suggestions or just thoughts threads. I'm so confused when I see posters posting the same thing in 2 different threads, as has happened lately.

JMHO

Is there a daily weigh in thread? I guess I didn't know that...

SoHappy 09-30-2011 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulabob (Post 15048514)
Is there a daily weigh in thread? I guess I didn't know that...

Yes, there is. It's called, "WEIGHT MANAGEMENT: How are you Doing Today?" and it's where we post our losses, gains, successes at maintenance, etc. Maybe this is what you had in mind for a place to check in daily to keep yourself accountable?

And then we have our daily what are you eating thread to keep us accountable with our food choices and menus, calories numbers, etc.

Other problems or questions are pretty much being asked directly in a separate and individual thread addressing that specific subject. That's why I wondered whether we even needed the monthly ongoing thread.

I know we did need a thread before we got our own forum. That was the only place we had to post anything at all. But I will say, everything sure gets lost in a long drawn-out and ongoing thread.

Beeb 09-30-2011 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoHappy (Post 15048533)
Yes, there is. It's called, "WEIGHT MANAGEMENT: How are you Doing Today?" and it's where we post our losses, gains, successes at maintenance, etc. Maybe this is what you had in mind for a place to check in daily to keep yourself accountable?

And then we have our daily what are you eating thread to keep us accountable with our food choices and menus, calories numbers, etc.

Other problems or questions are pretty much being asked directly in a separate and individual thread addressing that specific subject. That's why I wondered whether we even needed the monthly ongoing thread.

I know we did need a thread before we got our own forum. That was the only place we had to post anything at all. But I will say, everything sure gets lost in a long drawn-out and ongoing thread.

I agree!!! I can at least keep up with the individual threads about different things, but the big thread I always miss something or someone. :cry:

paulabob 09-30-2011 08:51 AM

OK, those threads sound great - 2 places to "check in". We certainly don't need more!