Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2011, 08:57 AM   #31
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
OK, then. This is now IT. Paula has the daily check-in threads, well, we all do, to hold ourselves accountable and put our progress out there, and we'll also follow the various subjects and discussions going on, on their own individual threads, which will make it easier not to overlook somebody, having 'lost' their post some distance back.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-30-2011, 09:00 AM   #32

Gallery: Cruzcrzy
Stats: 183/136/129-131
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
OK, then. This is now IT. Paula has the daily check-in threads, well, we all do, to hold ourselves accountable and put our progress out there, and we'll also follow the various subjects and discussions going on, on their own individual threads, which will make it easier not to overlook somebody, having 'lost' their post some distance back.
Sounds good. Thanks!
Cruzcrzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 09:06 AM   #33
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 09:10 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeb View Post
Are you going to be OK with this, Linda? LOLOLOLOL!
Old 09-30-2011, 09:13 AM   #35

Quote:
Are you going to be OK with this, Linda? LOLOLOLOL!
I think she seems a bit disappointed.
Old 09-30-2011, 09:28 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzcrzy View Post
I think she seems a bit disappointed.

I think sometimes we are going to have to tie a string on that gal to hold her down! LOL
Old 09-30-2011, 10:51 AM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
One suggestion might be to list your food for a week instead of each day. Your list is getting so long it might become overwhelming down the line. I notice there are only a few posts each day. There are a couple of other sites that do things weekly and they are easy to follow. Just a suggestion - nothing more.
Seabreezes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 11:17 AM   #38

You guys at too funny! Just what I needed today! I've been pretty all week and this was a great pick me up! Thanks JUDDD BUDDDs! (I just the smileys and can't help it! )

Seabreeze, can you give us an example, please. I'm not sure how a weekly food list thread works. I don't plan my menus for the week, but I would be interested in those that do, might get some good ideas!
Old 09-30-2011, 05:04 PM   #39
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
I was thinking more of posting each day for a week instead of 7 different threads. It just seems that the list of posts gets rather long. You wouldn't plan the whole week out ahead of time - that would be a bit hard - at least for most people!!

Meals for the week of instead of the day of. Probably a dumb idea - forget I mentioned it.

Last edited by Seabreezes; 09-30-2011 at 05:06 PM..
Seabreezes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 05:08 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabreezes View Post
I was thinking more of posting each day for a week instead of 7 different threads. It just seems that the list of posts gets rather long. You wouldn't plan the whole week out ahead of time - that would be a bit hard - at least for most people!!

Meals for the week of instead of the day of. Probably a dumb idea - forget I mentioned it.
I like the idea. It makes more sense in having less threads. With that said, I rarely post my menu so I probably shouldn't get a vote. I do track everything on ****** just haven't gotten around to posting it. If there was an easy way to copy and paste from fit day I would be more inclined to.
Old 09-30-2011, 08:12 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabreezes View Post

OH I see! That would be a good idea, Instead of what are you eating Monday, you would say what are you eating the week of such and such. It may work, but I'm thinking it may be somewhat time consuming posting my whole menu for the week at the end of the week instead of posting for a day at the end of the day. Don't know, let's see what the others think, AND no idea is EVER a dumb idea!
Old 09-30-2011, 08:27 PM   #42
Major LCF Poster!

WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Restart: July 14,2014 Restart
L

Quote:
OH I see! That would be a good idea, Instead of what are you eating Monday, you would say what are you eating the week of such and such. It may work, but I'm thinking it may be somewhat time consuming posting my whole menu for the week at the end of the week instead of posting for a day at the end of the day. Don't know, let's see what the others think, AND no idea is EVER a dumb idea!
I am not completely sure if I have the idea correct... but I thought it was that we would have a thread for week so and so then people could post daily in that weekly thread. No?
Low Carb Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 09:19 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Carb Librarian View Post
I am not completely sure if I have the idea correct... but I thought it was that we would have a thread for week so and so then people could post daily in that weekly thread. No?
OK, that makes sense! Yes, but I'm wondering if others would not assume that it was for the week, to post all our days together for the week, and not daily. I don't know, I am just today about so many things!
Old 10-01-2011, 04:14 AM   #44

I could be titled something like this "Daily menus for week of October 2"...something like that. I would be ONE thread instead of 7.
Old 10-01-2011, 04:21 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzcrzy View Post
I could be titled something like this "Daily menus for week of October 2"...something like that. I would be ONE thread instead of 7.
Would this be something where we would then need to post one single time, posting our food choices and complete menus for an entire week up front? So we would post a food plan for all seven days before they get started?

I know I'm dense. I'm just still don't quite understanding how the thread would work.
Old 10-01-2011, 04:24 AM   #46

I think you would post daily, but, it would be in this ONE thread for the week. Oth, it could make the thread too long. As I said, I don't typically post my menu so I don't think I should necessarily have a voice in it. If I could figure out an easy way to cut and paste from my fit day I would be more inclined to post daily. Hopefully Seabreezes will come back and share a bit more specifically.
Old 10-01-2011, 05:12 AM   #47

So you're thinking it would be starting a new weight management thread each week, and then discontinuing it at the end of that week and starting a new fresh thread again for the next week?
Old 10-01-2011, 05:17 AM   #48

Quote:
So you're thinking it would be starting a new weight management thread each week, and then discontinuing it at the end of that week and starting a new fresh thread again for the next week?
Pat, for menus only. I like the DAILY weight management thread. What are your thoughts since you are a regular menu poster? I guess it would be best to ask those that post regularly their thoughts on the menu posting.
Old 10-01-2011, 05:27 AM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AnnF
Stats: W:218/172/165 - H:5'9.5" - Age 55
WOE: LC
Start Date: July 28, 2012
I think the idea is to start a thread each week called "October 1 through 6: What Are You Eating Each Day?" (or whatever), in which we can all post daily. So I'd visit that specific thread 7 times with my menus instead of posting in seven separate threads for Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, etc.
AnnF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 05:46 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnF View Post
I think the idea is to start a thread each week called "October 1 through 6: What Are You Eating Each Day?" (or whatever), in which we can all post daily. So I'd visit that specific thread 7 times with my menus instead of posting in seven separate threads for Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, etc.
O !!! K !!! I finally get it. I visit threads like these so rarely on other forums or sites that I don't even know well enough how they are usually run elsewhere. LOL

Thanks, Ann. Finally somebody got through to me.

So rather than a fresh thread for each day, we would revive the weekly thread each day for one week, and then discard that thread and start a new one for another week before discarding that one too and starting the fresh weekly thread. Got it.

We could start it each Sunday morning for that single week. Okay. I'm sorry it took me so long to grasp this simple suggestions.
Old 10-01-2011, 05:56 AM   #51
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mommie22boys
Stats: 211/199/135 5'5.5"
WOE: Paleo/ JUDDD
Start Date: Originally 6/7/07, Now 4/1/13
Quote:
O !!! K !!! I finally get it.

So rather than a fresh thread for each day, we would revive the weekly thread each day for one week, and then discard that thread and start a new one for another week before discarding that one too and starting the fresh weekly thread. Got it.

We could start it each Sunday morning for that single week. Okay. I'm sorry it took me so long to grasp this simple suggestions.
Yay! Love this idea! It gets my vote...I like posting what I'm eating daily. One thread per week will be great and easy for us to go back and find what someone else has posted rather than have to remember, "now where did I see that? In the Wednesday or in the tuesday thread?"

Last edited by Mommie22boys; 10-01-2011 at 05:58 AM..
Mommie22boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 05:59 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommie22boys View Post
Yay! Love this idea! It gets my vote...I like posting what I'm eating daily. One thread per week will be great and easy for us to go back and find what someone else has posted rather than have to remember, "now where did I see that? In the Wednesday or in the tuesday thread?"
Andrea,

that is another good point for the weekly thread!
Old 10-01-2011, 06:30 AM   #53
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
O !!! K !!! I finally get it. I visit threads like these so rarely on other forums or sites that I don't even know well enough how they are usually run elsewhere. LOL

Thanks, Ann. Finally somebody got through to me.

Pat, I know what it's like to get a brain block!

I think this idea will work well because, as Andrea points out we will be able to find all of our stats for a week in a single place.
Old 10-01-2011, 07:23 AM   #54

But my is this: Wouldn't that now make the thread really long, all 7 days being in one place? Example being if I saw someone's menu for Monday and it's now Friday but I didn't remember when that poster posted the menu I would now have to go back and look through a long, 7 day thread to find it.

I personally like the every day, what are you eating threads. I can't see how this is going to save time or effort the other way. I know in the main lobby they have been doing the daily one for a while and it seems to be working well. They do have a weekly weighing and goal for the week thread but not a food for the week thread.

JMHO

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”
Old 10-01-2011, 07:30 AM   #55

Quote:
But my is this: Wouldn't that now make the thread really long, all 7 days being in one place? Example being if I saw someone's menu for Monday and it's now Friday but I didn't remember when that poster posted the menu I would now have to go back and look through a long, 7 day thread to find it.

I personally like the every day, what are you eating threads. I can't see how this is going to save time or effort the other way. I know in the main lobby they have been doing the daily one for a while and it seems to be working well. They do have a weekly weighing and goal for the week thread but not a food for the week thread.

JMHO

This is just killin' me! I'm laughing so hard I have tears rolling down my cheeks. My DH thinks something is seriously wrong with me, and I can't stop laughing long enough to tell him about all of this confusion. I'm just cracking up!
Old 10-01-2011, 07:33 AM   #56

Quote:

This is just killin' me! I'm laughing so hard I have tears rolling down my cheeks. My DH thinks something is seriously wrong with me, and I can't stop laughing long enough to tell him about all of this confusion. I'm just cracking up!
Now you are making me laugh because you are laughing, LOL.

Yes, Linda that is the downside of it, lol. I DON'T KNOW, fuggheitt about it, LOL. I say go with the consensus of those that are currently posting their menus.
Old 10-02-2011, 04:37 AM   #57
Senior LCF Member

Did we ever come to consensus on what we're doing about our daily menus? Are we having a thread per week?
Old 10-02-2011, 06:18 AM   #58
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
I LIKE the what are you eating today threads!
I like seeing who is having an up or down day today....I like to keep things short and simple!
And if it aint broke..why fix it?

hugs
Jo
x
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 02:07 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedi View Post
I LIKE the what are you eating today threads!
I like seeing who is having an up or down day today....I like to keep things short and simple!
And if it aint broke..why fix it?

hugs
Jo
x