Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   It's MONDAY: What are you Eating Today? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/737280-its-monday-what-you-eating-today.html)

SoHappy 09-26-2011 12:24 PM

It's MONDAY: What are you Eating Today?

Having an Up Day today.. rainy and cool weather, so floor exercises inside, but no walking around the neighborhood or over at the track.

Breakfast: 1/3 C dry oatmeal, cooked in 2/3 C water, sprinkled with a bit of salt, and 1 tbsp. brown sugar stirred in and also a bit of 0 calories Walden Farms s/f pancake syrup, with a bit of unsweetened vanilla almond milk - and a pumpkin shake with the rest of the C of almond milk, 1/3 C pumpkin, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice, about 1 tbsp 0 cal W.F. pancake syrup - and 2 eggs, over medium, salt & pepper

Lunch: salad of 4 oz lettuce, 4 oz b/s chicken breast, 1/4 C dried cranberries, 1/2 oz walnut pieces, and 3 tbsp Maple Grove s/f raspberry vinaigrette dressing - 5 oz apple, peeled & cored, in sections

Supper: 8 oz tilapia sprayed with olive oil and sprinkled with dried parsley flakes, baked, with 1 tbsp lemon juice, 6 oz beets, 8 oz asparagus, 5 oz Thomson white grapes, 8 oz coffee with 2 tbsp half & half

Total calories for this Up Day: 1,254 - Total net carbs for this Up Day: 113

This has me pretty low for Up Day calories. I might end up having one of those brownies with DH this evening! :laugh: Maybe I'll hold off on the coffee with supper and have it later with a brownie. I'll tell you if I do. :cool:

darlingnikki 09-26-2011 01:54 PM

DD for me
b-black coffe and hot water
L-one can tuna (120 cals 0 carbs) over 1.5c spinach (20 cals 1 NC) plus 1T FF mayo (40 cals 1 NC) total 180
D- Baked Basa fillet (90gr for 100 cal 0 carbs) with lemon and spinach salad 3C (40 cals 2 NC) mushroom 1/2 c (8 cals 0.8NC) FF salad dressing 2T (14cals 2Carbs)
Dessert 1/2 CUP fruit fiesta Jello (5 cals 0 carbs)...for some reason this flavour has 5, others 10
total 347 cals (GOAL FOR DD 348!!!) and total carbs 6.8!!!

one calorie to spare...haha! AND I'm NOT hungry!

AnnF 09-26-2011 03:16 PM

Another DD. I'm still a bit surprised that the scale showed me a pound down after the crazy high carb UD I had yesterday!

Today's menu:

B: Treated myself to a Starbuck's Venti Skim Dry Cappuccino (130)
L: Large romaine salad with mushrooms, shredded carrot, cucumber, celery and alfalfa sprouts & fat free Italian dressing (98)
D: The usual chicken and broccoli stir fry (356)

Calories and cabs: 584/27

That leaves me 66 calories for a snack if I need it later.

The cappuccino was a treat, but I probably won't do it again on a DD-- too many calories for very little feeling of fullness.

Pat, have a brownie! ;)

Joedi 09-26-2011 03:21 PM

DD For me!

B - Iced coffee - 55 cals
L - Chicken noodle soup & 3/4 DD OMM - 135
D - Tuna Salad & portion stewed rhubarb - 131
S - Coffee With Coffee mate - 30
Carrot sticks with 1 T salsa - 36
Protein shake made with 1 scoop powder, and 1 T cocoa powder - 112
1 stick sugar free gum 4

Total:
485 cals
11g fat
31g carbs
61g protein

Finding DD's quite easy now....the secret for me is lots of snacky food, as filling as possible!
I am delighted that I have no drop in energy...I have MORE energy on this WOE...I was so weak on very low carb...real muscle weakness...the kind where you can hardly walk up hill!
hugs
Jo
x
Sounds like everyone had a good day, so far...off to check out the recipe thread...I need more DD recipes!

SoHappy 09-26-2011 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnF (Post 15037609)
Another DD. I'm still a bit surprised that the scale showed me a pound down after the crazy high carb UD I had yesterday!

Today's menu:

L: Large romaine salad with mushrooms, shredded carrot, cucumber, celery and alfalfa sprouts & fat free Italian dressing (98)
D: The usual chicken and broccoli stir fry (356)

Calories and cabs: 584/27

That leaves me 66 calories for a snack if I need it later.

The cappuccino was a treat, but I probably won't do it again on a DD-- too many calories for very little feeling of fullness.

Pat, have a brownie! ;)

LOL Thanks. Now that I have not only permission, but your actual urging.. (you were urging me, right..) I might have just a *teeny tiny* square of one. :laugh:

DH and I stopped by Starbucks a couple of time recently to have a nice coffee while we waited for our car to have some service work done. Can't remember what we ordered. Is a cappucino the one that is mostly like drinking foam? :laugh:

And I'm not too surprised about you eating a higher carb day and still losing weight. You seemed to be aghast, but I thought to myself... *Is that all she's eating?* :hyst: LOL Truthfully, you're doing a wonderful job here. I think you are going to be enjoying a bit wider range of food while still being able to lose weight, maintain weight, and normalize metabolism and return all appetite signals to normal. Have fun with it! :hugs:

AnnF 09-26-2011 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoHappy (Post 15037647)
LOL Thanks. Now that I have not only permission, but your actual urging.. (you were urging me, right..) I might have just a *teeny tiny* square of one. :laugh:

DH and I stopped by Starbucks a couple of time recently to have a nice coffee while we waited for our car to have some service work done. Can't remember what we ordered. Is a cappucino the one that is mostly like drinking foam? :laugh:

And I'm not too surprised about you eating a higher carb day and still losing weight. You seemed to be aghast, but I thought to myself... *Is that all she's eating?* :hyst: LOL Truthfully, you're doing a wonderful job here. I think you are going to be enjoying a bit wider range of food while still being able to lose weight, maintain weight, and normalize metabolism and return all appetite signals to normal. Have fun with it! :hugs:

Not only am I urging you, I am attempting to live vicariously through you!

Yes, a cappuccino is the one with tons of foamed milk on top. I love the foam!

As for my new WOE, I really think it will work. I just want to get through a few weeks and be able to say I KNOW it works! :)

As always your support is hugely appreciated. It's so nice to really feel that no question is too silly and to know that my concerns and fears are understood and accepted. :hugs:

itsmeshelly01 09-26-2011 04:31 PM

DD for me and i needed it!!

Protein shake after my run this morning.
1 scoop protein, 1 cup almond milk 40 cals
1T coconut oil...have this everyday and i really dont even count it
2 boiled eggs 140
2 tuna muffins 120
half zucchini, 1 cup broccoli, half cucumber cut up to snack on 60
D- 1 can crab over spinach and romaine and 1/5 cup mushrooms, 1T 0 cal dressing, 1/2 T oil and vinegar dressing. 130

I made pork chops for the rest of the family and had a couple of bites. Its good, ill eat leftovers tomorrow!!!

About 600 or so...pretty good.
I was up my highest today from my carb up. Up a total of 4 lbs from it. If its gone by the end of the week and more i will do it again but if not i will do it every 2 wks.
UD tomorrow!!!

Beeb 09-26-2011 06:12 PM

I hesitate to post my menu because of a recent attack to my integrity on the Main Lobby and my thread titled: "I Now Crave NOTHING". A poster came onto our daily menu threads and was questioning my food choices, implying I was not being truthful about stating I eat "wholesome, unprocessed foods". I feel violated and spied upon! :mad::cry:

I will say this is a DD and I have eaten 773 calories/62.67g carbs.

I had salad, melon, white bean chicken chili to name a few things. I will post in future days but I don't feel comfortable doing so now because of what has happened on that thread. :sad:

AnnF 09-26-2011 06:56 PM

I hope you'll keep posting your menus and sharing your wisdom, Linda. There are a lot of us who count you as an inspiration. :hugs:

darlingnikki 09-26-2011 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnF (Post 15037609)

Today's menu:

whats a dry capp?

darlingnikki 09-26-2011 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beeb (Post 15038119)
I hesitate to post my menu because of a recent attack to my integrity on the Main Lobby and my thread titled: "I Now Crave NOTHING". A poster came onto our daily menu threads and was questioning my food choices, implying I was not being truthful about stating I eat "wholesome, unprocessed foods". I feel violated and spied upon! :mad::cry:

I will say this is a DD and I have eaten 773 calories/62.67g carbs.

I had salad, melon, white bean chicken chili to name a few things. I will post in future days but I don't feel comfortable doing so now because of what has happened on that thread. :sad:

hugs :sad:

AnnF 09-26-2011 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darlingnikki (Post 15038270)
whats a dry capp?

Oh lordy... this is a pet peeve with me! A lot of coffee houses just pour hot milk into the coffee and then spoon some foam on top, which is a latte with foam-- NOT a proper cappuccino. A real cappuccino is espresso with foam on top and no liquid milk. :)

Anyway, I learned that if you ask for it "dry" there is a better chance of getting it made the way it should be.

darlingnikki 09-26-2011 07:17 PM

oooohhh I get it so a nonfat dry capp will have less carbs and cals!

Joedi 09-27-2011 03:08 AM

Don't stop posting your menus beeb!
Remember "those that mind don't matter....and this that matter don't mind!"
Hugs
Jo
X

AnnF 09-27-2011 03:14 AM

darlingnikki, well, I just like them made that way. :)

Beeb 09-27-2011 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joedi (Post 15038731)
Don't stop posting your menus beeb!
Remember "those that mind don't matter....and this that matter don't mind!"
Hugs
Jo
X

:hugs::high5::up::goodpost: