Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2011, 01:11 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Coldstone Creamery Ice Cream

So, Fellow JUDDDers.. are you familiar with this purveyor of fine ice creams?

We have a couple in this town but not close to where we live. I've purchased once before, a pack of coffee ice cream with Heath Bar chunks mixed in, and a chocolate with Heath Bar chunks mixed in. Both ice creams were quite nice.

I have two coupons to use before the end of October.. each for $10.00 worth of ice creams or treats.

Do you have any favorites? I need suggestions for what to get this time around. But might buy a bit of those past two choices, as they were fabulous! Suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-2011, 03:49 AM   #2

Gallery: Cruzcrzy
Stats: 183/136/129-131
Pat,

I wish I could be of help with the Coldstone. I've only been there once. It was about 2 weeks ago. My dh had the coffee ice cream, and it was excellent. I had something with reeses peanut butter cups. It was good, but, I thought dh's was so much better. I don't think you can go wrong with anything there. Scope out the website for some good selections.
Cruzcrzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 05:16 AM   #3

Thanks, Marie. I guess not many people on a LCF Forum have a lot of knowledge about ice cream... I was hoping for some great suggestions as I don't know much about this either.

But with the occasional visitor this fall, I thought this might be something I could have on hand to offer them. You know, you can't bake a cake and have it last for awhile.. pull it out of a freezer and serve them a portion, but with ice cream, that would work well. I could have something on hand, and yet out of sight. Otherwise, DH makes it disappear quickly.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 07:45 AM   #4
TLH
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TLH
Stats: 215/208/180 6'ft Short
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 9/20/2011
I Coldstone. I love the Founder's Favorite with Cake Batter Ice Cream. It's the only kind I order because I highly doubt anything else would compare! I even get my kids birthday cake from there every year. It is a treat!
TLH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 09:11 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLH View Post
I Coldstone. I love the Founder's Favorite with Cake Batter Ice Cream. It's the only kind I order because I highly doubt anything else would compare! I even get my kids birthday cake from there every year. It is a treat!
Thanks for the suggestion. We have to be over in that part of town today, so may buy our ice cream at this time. I'll have them show me what that combination would be and let me taste the ice cream.

How are you doing? How was the field trip last Friday? Where did you go?
Old 09-27-2011, 12:47 PM   #6
TLH
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TLH
Stats: 215/208/180 6'ft Short
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 9/20/2011
We went to Pleasant Creek over by Palo. It was cold!!! But I know my son was happy I went. I felt sorry for the poor little kids that weren't dressed warm enough or their parents didn't even care enough to pack them a lunch. The school provided one but that's not the point. I would love to slap these lazy a's silly!
TLH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 08:49 PM   #7
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLH View Post
We went to Pleasant Creek over by Palo. It was cold!!! But I know my son was happy I went. I felt sorry for the poor little kids that weren't dressed warm enough or their parents didn't even care enough to pack them a lunch. The school provided one but that's not the point. I would love to slap these lazy a's silly!
Always say there should be a test to become a parent! Poor kids!!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 05:49 AM   #8
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Rachelocity
WOE: Fitbit/My Fitness Pal
Start Date: Every day I'm shuffling
I haven't actually tried more than a spoonful of Coldstone. But the flavour that turns me on the most is the Apple Fritter one. Here, Coldstone is twinned with Tim Horton's, so it's natural that there would be a donut-flavoured ice cream.

Pat, as for your need for occasional servings of ice cream, my Coldtone has little cupcakes that are actually teeny ice cream cakes. Just sayin'....
Rachelocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 06:20 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachelocity View Post
I haven't actually tried more than a spoonful of Coldstone. But the flavour that turns me on the most is the Apple Fritter one. Here, Coldstone is twinned with Tim Horton's, so it's natural that there would be a donut-flavoured ice cream.

Pat, as for your need for occasional servings of ice cream, my Coldtone has little cupcakes that are actually teeny ice cream cakes. Just sayin'....
That would be so cute! (...as long as they weren't too teeny...)

I hate it when something is so small that I'm forced to eat two.

I'll remember to look for Apple Fritter too. I know that we get tiny tastes of ones that sound like they might be good, and I know I can order a packed gallon and have them pack more than one flavor in it, like the one we bought before with the coffee and chocolate halves.

That's on our "To Do" list for today.