Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Coldstone Creamery Ice Cream (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/737096-coldstone-creamery-ice-cream.html)

SoHappy 09-25-2011 02:11 PM

Coldstone Creamery Ice Cream

So, Fellow JUDDDers.. are you familiar with this purveyor of fine ice creams?

We have a couple in this town but not close to where we live. I've purchased once before, a pack of coffee ice cream with Heath Bar chunks mixed in, and a chocolate with Heath Bar chunks mixed in. Both ice creams were quite nice.

I have two coupons to use before the end of October.. each for $10.00 worth of ice creams or treats.

Do you have any favorites? I need suggestions for what to get this time around. But might buy a bit of those past two choices, as they were fabulous! Suggestions?

Cruzcrzy 09-26-2011 04:49 AM

Pat,

I wish I could be of help with the Coldstone. I've only been there once. It was about 2 weeks ago. My dh had the coffee ice cream, and it was excellent. I had something with reeses peanut butter cups. It was good, but, I thought dh's was so much better. I don't think you can go wrong with anything there. Scope out the website for some good selections.

SoHappy 09-26-2011 06:16 AM

Thanks, Marie. I guess not many people on a LCF Forum have a lot of knowledge about ice cream... :hyst: I was hoping for some great suggestions as I don't know much about this either.

But with the occasional visitor this fall, I thought this might be something I could have on hand to offer them. You know, you can't bake a cake and have it last for awhile.. pull it out of a freezer and serve them a portion, but with ice cream, that would work well. I could have something on hand, and yet out of sight. Otherwise, DH makes it disappear quickly. :)

TLH 09-27-2011 08:45 AM

I :love::love::love: Coldstone. I love the Founder's Favorite with Cake Batter Ice Cream. It's the only kind I order because I highly doubt anything else would compare! I even get my kids birthday cake from there every year. It is a treat!

SoHappy 09-27-2011 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLH (Post 15039406)
I :love::love::love: Coldstone. I love the Founder's Favorite with Cake Batter Ice Cream. It's the only kind I order because I highly doubt anything else would compare! I even get my kids birthday cake from there every year. It is a treat!

Thanks for the suggestion. We have to be over in that part of town today, so may buy our ice cream at this time. I'll have them show me what that combination would be and let me taste the ice cream.

How are you doing? How was the field trip last Friday? Where did you go? :)

TLH 09-27-2011 01:47 PM

We went to Pleasant Creek over by Palo. It was cold!!! But I know my son was happy I went. I felt sorry for the poor little kids that weren't dressed warm enough or their parents didn't even care enough to pack them a lunch. The school provided one but that's not the point. I would love to slap these lazy a's silly!

Beeb 09-27-2011 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLH (Post 15040508)
We went to Pleasant Creek over by Palo. It was cold!!! But I know my son was happy I went. I felt sorry for the poor little kids that weren't dressed warm enough or their parents didn't even care enough to pack them a lunch. The school provided one but that's not the point. I would love to slap these lazy a's silly!

Always say there should be a test to become a parent! Poor kids!! :mad::(

Rachelocity 09-28-2011 06:49 AM

I haven't actually tried more than a spoonful of Coldstone. But the flavour that turns me on the most is the Apple Fritter one. Here, Coldstone is twinned with Tim Horton's, so it's natural that there would be a donut-flavoured ice cream.

Pat, as for your need for occasional servings of ice cream, my Coldtone has little cupcakes that are actually teeny ice cream cakes. Just sayin'.... :D:D:D

SoHappy 09-28-2011 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rachelocity (Post 15042166)
I haven't actually tried more than a spoonful of Coldstone. But the flavour that turns me on the most is the Apple Fritter one. Here, Coldstone is twinned with Tim Horton's, so it's natural that there would be a donut-flavoured ice cream.

Pat, as for your need for occasional servings of ice cream, my Coldtone has little cupcakes that are actually teeny ice cream cakes. Just sayin'.... :D:D:D

That would be so cute! (...as long as they weren't too teeny...) :)

I hate it when something is so small that I'm forced to eat two. :hyst: ;)

I'll remember to look for Apple Fritter too. I know that we get tiny tastes of ones that sound like they might be good, and I know I can order a packed gallon and have them pack more than one flavor in it, like the one we bought before with the coffee and chocolate halves.

That's on our "To Do" list for today.