Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2011, 10:10 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: darlingnikki
Stats: start 225/ now 132.2/ goal 125 ??? Height 5'3"
WOE: JUDDD and HCG (not at the same time)
DD convenience ideas?

For those with no time to cook...please post your ideas here.
Right now just doing shakes on DD but after two weeks I will need super quick ideas, as convenient as possible please help!
please share your tips with me!

Nikki
darlingnikki is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-2011, 10:34 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Restart: July 14,2014 Restart
A steam in the bag frozen vegetable is easy!
Low Carb Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 10:38 PM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: lisabinil
Stats: 287/Restart 206/177/160 5'6"
WOE: Healthy Carb for Optimum Health
Start Date: 2/4/10
Walmart carries bags of individually frozen salmon for about 5 bucks-easily cook up from frozen-couple of minutes each side. Best thing 100 cals per serving-lots of protein and omega 3s-I have mine over a bed of veggies for a great calorie bargain.
lisabinil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 08:53 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: JUDDD
in the morning, I throw a bag of rinsed shiritaki noodles and frozen veggies into some mushrooom broth. By lunch time, heat and eat--douse with a little pepper sauce if you like. Maybe 50 calories for a huge bowlful
ouizoid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 10:07 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

thanx! love salmon, and those veggies sound fab!
ouizoid (super cool username btw)
...that sounds soo good I have those noodles too...why mushroom broth and where do I find it?
Old 09-25-2011, 10:10 AM   #6

Gallery: Cruzcrzy
Stats: 183/138/130-135
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouizoid View Post
in the morning, I throw a bag of rinsed shiritaki noodles and frozen veggies into some mushrooom broth. By lunch time, heat and eat--douse with a little pepper sauce if you like. Maybe 50 calories for a huge bowlful
I saw shiritaki noodles yesterday at the grocery store, but, it said tofu shiritaki noodles. Are these the ones you are speaking of? Thanks!
Cruzcrzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 10:24 AM   #7
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzcrzy View Post
I saw shiritaki noodles yesterday at the grocery store, but, it said tofu shiritaki noodles. Are these the ones you are speaking of? Thanks!
These are the ones I use because I can't find the 0 calorie ones. These are 40 for the whole bag, made with tofu and I'm OK with that right now until I can find the 0 ones. The 0 calorie ones are made with Glucomannan, I believe.
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 10:26 AM   #8

Have you looked in the recipe thread? There are a some great ideas in there for breakfast grab and go foods. Ouiz's LC/LF Muffin, both kinds, and AnnF just posted a cereal bar type thing that sounds amazing and, like she says, probably could be tweaked to make lower cal by using oat fiber.
Old 09-25-2011, 10:36 AM   #9

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
I don't buy much that isn't just *regular* food from my local grocery store, so I don't do much in the way of *grab & go* convenience foods.

The only thing I do to help myself out and save myself some time is to prep enough veggies at one time to make up several meals.

I'm reading here to get more ideas. I don't use many specialty flours and sweeteners, but do make use of glucomannan powder, shirataki noodles. I use whatever s/f or f/f products I find locally that aren't priced ridiculously high.

Interesting to read what you all have found and use.
Old 09-25-2011, 10:38 AM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

i order my shiritaki noodles online--I buy the "rice" shaped ones because they work so well in soups--0 calories 0 carbs. I buy Pacific organic mushroom broth--5 cals per cup
Old 10-04-2011, 06:01 AM   #11
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: paulabob
Stats: 204/124.6/110 49%/27.4%/20% 5'2"
WOE: Atkins/hHcg/Optimal whatever works
Start Date: restart March '10
For fast food I order a grilled chicken sandwich and side salad, with their lightest dressing (and just use a squirt). Take the chicken out, slice and add to your salad. Skip the shredded cheese, and it comes out to around 250 calories.

For dinner, cook up 2 fillets of fish and save one for your meal on the go. I like to poach when I'm in a rush. They cook so quickly it's probably your fastest/easiest meal. You could eat it chopped with lettuce or cabbage/dressing in a wrap the next day. I love fish since I can eat it with loads of butter on my up days, and with a squirt of lemon on my down.

I have to agree on the WM salmon - i use it all the time, along with tilapia!
2012 lowish Optimal calories, June25th 132.6/124.6/110
paulabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 08:44 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
I always have carrot sticks in 100g baggies in the fridge. If I am off out on a DD...I pop one in my bag. If I am feeling snacky at home, 1 have some with an ounce of salsa...36 cals the lot!

I always make up a tub of glucomannan pudding the night before a DD...usually made with protein powder, and extra cocoa. The I can have a quick bowl if I am in a hurry..its very filling.

Same with Ouiz's uper low cal muffins...they take minutes to prepare...I divide the mixture into 6-8 mini muffins...easy to eat in a hurry, or take out!

As to meals..you cant go wrong with throwing a couple of bags of low cal veggies into a pot, with some stock and seasoning, plus some protein. I add shirataki noodles to mine....and put it all in a large tub in the back of the fridge. This is nearlly always my DD lunch!

hugs
Jo
x

"Eat today for the clothes you want to wear tomorrow!"
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 09:08 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzcrzy View Post
I don't buy the tofu noodles, which I think are manufactured using a glucomannan & tofu blend, because I try to avoid eating soy for the most part, and because these noodles have a higher calorie count.

Some of the grocery stores around here sell just the pure white *waterfall* shirataki noodles, which are only glucomannan, and also I look for the ones that are light brownish-beige color with all the specks in them, because those are some seaweed blended into the glucomannan when the noodles are manufactured.

I almost always buy mine at a local Asian market though. My little market is called Saigon Market, and carries all sorts of fascinating Asian imported foods, from all over the parts of the world of the Asian countries, plus they carry a lot of Middle Eastern foods too, which is fun and different.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 09:19 AM   #14
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Rachelocity
WOE: Fitbit/My Fitness Pal
Start Date: Every day I'm shuffling
I usually buy the tofu shirataki noodles, because they have a higher turnover at my local store and I like the macaroni shape! I mix it with tomato sauce and veggie ground beef, as well as a ton of veggies, to make a beefy macaroni dish which is one of my staples on DDs. You can change up the veggies and the seasoning - my personal fave is Greek, with oregano, garlic, lemon, tomato and a teeny dash of cinnamon. I add slices of zucchini for extra volume, and chopped spinach as well. Makes me actually sorry that I won't be home for dinner tonight, because it's really good!

Another fallback is roasted veggies, which I make en masse and can then use as the basis for an egg white omelette. With calories this low, I don't feel guilty about adding a slice of LC toast to the dinner.
Old 10-04-2011, 09:39 AM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: itsmeshelly01
Stats: 260/150/162
Start Date: eating lowcarb since 2005
I do easy easy. Boiled eggs, tuna and salmon muffins, protein shakes, and raw veggies. And big salads.
itsmeshelly01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 10:59 AM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catjrow3
Stats: 240/177/150
WOE: NK - LCHF
Start Date: 05/18/2013 (restart of course)
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeb View Post
These are the ones I use because I can't find the 0 calorie ones. These are 40 for the whole bag, made with tofu and I'm OK with that right now until I can find the 0 ones. The 0 calorie ones are made with Glucomannan, I believe.
I have about 7 or 8 ??(could be a wrong number, need to count if anyone is interested) bags of the 0 calories ones if someone wants them and pays shipping, I will send them for free. They are just sitting in my cabinet! PM me if interested, also... you can buy them on line, just google miracle noodles or go to amazon to get them too!
catjrow3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 03:52 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by catjrow3 View Post
I have about 7 or 8 ??(could be a wrong number, need to count if anyone is interested) bags of the 0 calories ones if someone wants them and pays shipping, I will send them for free. They are just sitting in my cabinet! PM me if interested, also... you can buy them on line, just google miracle noodles or go to amazon to get them too!
Cathy, got a ? for you about these. You say they are sitting in your cabinet, but I was under the impression that they need to be refrigerated.

Am I misinformed?
Old 10-04-2011, 04:15 PM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catjrow3
Stats: 240/177/150
WOE: NK - LCHF
Start Date: 05/18/2013 (restart of course)
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeb View Post
Cathy, got a ? for you about these. You say they are sitting in your cabinet, but I was under the impression that they need to be refrigerated.

Am I misinformed?
They are not the tofu ones... they dont need refridgeration. They are the miracle noodle ones. 0 calories, not the 40 calorie per bag ones..
catjrow3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 06:28 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by catjrow3 View Post
They are not the tofu ones... they dont need refridgeration. They are the miracle noodle ones. 0 calories, not the 40 calorie per bag ones..
Thanks, I didn't know this!
Old 10-05-2011, 07:24 AM   #20
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I make a ton of psyllium tortillas (1 cup eggwhites, 3 Tbs psyllium powder, mix and fry like a tortilla--makes 3 big ones) in advance and keep them at the office. I buy 70 calorie salmon pouches. At work I slap down a tortilla (30 cals) dab a little WF spicy ranch (0 cals) and a salmon pouch. 100 very filling protein and fiber calories. No effort.
Old 10-05-2011, 03:24 PM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Brendajm
Stats: 130/122/117
WOE: was atkins, now maintenance
Start Date: march, 2004
what do those tortillas taste like?
Brendajm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 03:50 PM   #22

Quote:
I make a ton of psyllium tortillas (1 cup eggwhites, 3 Tbs psyllium powder, mix and fry like a tortilla--makes 3 big ones) in advance and keep them at the office. I buy 70 calorie salmon pouches. At work I slap down a tortilla (30 cals) dab a little WF spicy ranch (0 cals) and a salmon pouch. 100 very filling protein and fiber calories. No effort.
I've fried up egg whites before too, to use as wraps, etc. but I never thought to stir a fiber source into the egg. That would help kill two birds with one stone, so to speak.

I've never had salmon in little pouches though. I loved the canned stuff and the big fresh filets at Sam's Club though, and if the little pouches are shelf stable, it would be an easy thing to tuck into purse or suitcase when I needed to travel.
Old 10-05-2011, 03:51 PM   #23
Senior LCF Member

I have looked but cannot find the shiritaki oatmeal recipe...
help anyone please?
Old 10-05-2011, 05:51 PM   #24
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I make the shiritaki oatmeal by combining a drained, snipped package or 0 calorie miracle noodles, 1/3 cup eggwhites, and sweetener (usually vanilla davinci's), blending together with an immersion blender and then heating in the micro for a minute. I top with faux brown sugar--30ish calories for the whole thing.
Old 10-05-2011, 06:02 PM   #25

Quote:
I make the shiritaki oatmeal by combining a drained, snipped package or 0 calorie miracle noodles, 1/3 cup eggwhites, and sweetener (usually vanilla davinci's), blending together with an immersion blender and then heating in the micro for a minute. I top with faux brown sugar--30ish calories for the whole thing.
Does an immersion blender chop the noodles into puree? Or just little rice-sized bits?

I don't have an immersion blender though.. would an old-fashioned blender do it, do you think? Or should I try to feed the stuff down the shoot of a snow cone ice maker?
Old 10-05-2011, 06:12 PM   #26
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

nah--just smoosh it up a little--you don't even have to--they do get pureed. I also do it with the miracle rice and don't blend. I just like to pretend its oatmeal, lol!

I have also added a Tbs or two of psyllium before microwaving which makes it even more porridge like.
Old 10-05-2011, 06:21 PM   #27
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
I do the same, but add a couple T walden farms sweet dip instead of the egg white, and lots of cinnamon for flavor! I think this was ouizoids original recipe!

I have the pure white waterfall noodles, pure Konjac... But the label says 5 cals per 100 g, not zero! Do you think the count is including the watery stuff they come in?
Hugs
Jo
X

Last edited by Joedi; 10-05-2011 at 06:23 PM..
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 06:39 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedi View Post
I do the same, but add a couple T walden farms sweet dip instead of the egg white, and lots of cinnamon for flavor! I think this was ouizoids original recipe!

I have the pure white waterfall noodles, pure Konjac... But the label says 5 cals per 100 g, not zero! Do you think the count is including the watery stuff they come in?
Hugs
Jo
X
Icky Poo! No! Drain that fluid away, and rinse well.

Truthfully, I think there are a few cals to shirataki noodles, but so few they're almost not worth counting. I think it's a little like the calories in the water that steeped from tea leaves or ground coffee beans. I count shirataki as 5 cals per 3 oz and figure it's close enough.