Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2011, 03:35 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
UD & DD Calorie Calculating

I have noticed a few people commenting that their UD cals on the official site where pretty high.

I have been on to a few different sites, and they all give me roughly the same maintainance cals for a woman my age, who exercises 1-3 times a week.

The 2 sites below were really good, giving me a total of 1813 / 1817 to maintain.

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm
http://www.calculator.net/calorie-calculator.html

The judd site gives me well over 1900!

What I have done is take 1800 cals, and worked out 30 % and 35% of the total to give me a DD number.

The numbers I got were 630 and 540, and I try to aim for the lower amount.

Has anyone else done this?

Hugs
Jo
x

"Eat today for the clothes you want to wear tomorrow!"

Last edited by Joedi; 09-24-2011 at 03:38 PM..
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-2011, 03:39 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: lisabinil
Stats: 287/Restart 206/177/160 5'6"
WOE: Healthy Carb for Optimum Health
Start Date: 2/4/10
I use my BodyMedia Fit to help with my calorie maint levels. Even the freedieting one is overinflated with their exercise cals for me. It seems the BMR without exercise is spot on but when you add your exercise amounts in is the problem. I exercise 5X a week so I notch it down to 3X and it works out well on most online calculators for me.

Last edited by lisabinil; 09-24-2011 at 03:40 PM..
lisabinil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 03:46 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AnnF
Stats: W:218/172/165 - H:5'9.5" - Age 55
WOE: LC
Start Date: July 28, 2012
I also compared across several sites. The JUDDD number was higher, but only by about 30 calories. I chose to go with the slightly lower numbers-- 1800. My DD is based on 35%.
AnnF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 03:55 PM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
I think another thing that people should be aware of when they are given these BMI numbers, I mean besides taking them with a huge grain of salt sometimes, is that they are really only a poor guideline as to the range of calories you should/can be eating.

Depending on how big we are when we seek this advice, we can be given a number that is several HUNDREDS of calories above the actual caloric needs we truly need if we're already slim. In other words, these calculators give us hundreds of calories extra.. to feed our FAT.

So if you enter your ideal weight, that's the *supposed* number to feed the inner slim you, existing within the outer fat shell. But if you put in your actual weight, ... like say you still have 100 pounds to lose before you get to your goal weight, the calculator will add in those extra hundreds of calories and spit out that much larger calorie number for you.

I think the bigger we are when we seek this number, the farther OFF and inaccurate the number that is given to us will be!
Old 09-24-2011, 04:24 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
This makes total sense, pat...after all...we do not want to maintain our fat...just the opposite!

I only have a few lbs left to lose, so the calorie total for my weight now, and at goal, are only a few cals apart....but if I had started juddd at my heaviest, there would have been a big difference!

It would be a good subject for a juddd sticky...just to let those starting out know about it.

Of course, if you CAN still lose, on the high total the site gives you...lucky you!

hugs
Jo
x

Last edited by Joedi; 09-24-2011 at 04:25 PM..
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote