Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   I REALLY Never Liked Eating "Fake Foods"! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/736749-i-really-never-liked-eating-fake-foods.html)

Beeb 09-22-2011 01:35 PM

I REALLY Never Liked Eating "Fake Foods"!

I'm sitting here thinking as I'm eating my chicken wrap on my DD that I would never have had this if I was still doing VLC like I was just before I switched to JUDDD.

I would make what I called "fake food" like the Oopsie rolls, or other bread subs and "pretend" that it was good, when in reality I just hated the texture and missed my bread so much! Not that these subs are bad, they are very good, but they were NOT a wrap or a piece of bread. :cry:

AND I'm sorry, but eating the topping off the pizza, the insides of a wrap or having eggs and bacon without toast just wasn't my idea of fun, I ALWAYS tried to convince myself it was fine, I liked eating that way, but I REALLY hated it! :(

THANK THE POWERS THAT BE FOR JUDDD!! I'll eat the occasional "fake" fat free thing as long as I can now have that piece of toast with my eggs and bacon or some garlic mashed potatoes with my roast beef or some great pasta dish Grandma taught me to make! :clap::jumpjoy::yummy:

SoHappy 09-22-2011 02:03 PM

I'm laughing so hard! I totally know what you mean, and there are other really funny things about this subject too.

I've read folks wonder out load why the heck Vegetarians/Vegans would create *fake* meat out of TVP or whatever, and then substitute that fake stuff for real meat. And probably pretend to like it.

I fairly often read about how *awful* low fat or fat free products are, and how somebody thinks they are just awful and could never bring themselves to eat the stuff.

And yet, LCF, and so many other sites, is filled with recipes for fake food, and recipes using *food substitutes* for the REAL thing! And all of a sudden, everybody is raving about how wonderful it all is and how fabulous it tastes! :laugh:

Well, if the truth is known, I'd probably like the taste of a fake soy pretend-sausage with my breakfast, I like most of the low fat or fat free stuff just fine too (for the most part), and here's the funny part. Most of those things I like more than I've ever liked the taste of some of the substitutes for flours and sugars, etc.

I remember when I started low carbing I raced right out and got a lot of the Atkins products, like their bake mix. O... M... G...!!!!! That was so horrible! :laugh:

I remember the first time I made the original Revolution Rolls, which I think have undergone a few very slight ingredient modifications and some differing names by now, but they looked great and I was so excited to be able to make a sandwich using them *like real bread*. WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT! :hyst: They didn't taste anything like real bread, and the texture was terrible! LOLOLOLOL

I guess the thing is, no matter what the diet plan, if you are overweight and you want to lose some weight, you're going to have to restrict some foods, sometimes, somehow, some way. But I sure like only having to restrict part of the time! LOL

After trying quite a few (many, many) different plans and ways of eating for weight loss and overall health status and sense of fulfillment, etc. JUDDD it truly the one that makes the most sense to me and is by FAR the easiest one to adhere to forever.

I feel so sorry for many who fiercely proclaim that eating very low carb is their way of eating forever more! They have found a way of eating that they will never deviate from. And then they later come back from falling off the wagon and start in again. They couldn't stay on their plan after all. And it happens over and over and over. And I feel so sorry for them, but everybody certainly has the right to make up their own minds about their diet.

But one of the worst things is that there are so many who keep trying, year after year after year, and they are still terribly overweight. Terribly overweight. It isn't something that they are apparently sticking with, or doing correctly (if much at all), and it isn't helping them lose the weight after all. They are just living through more and more of the months and years of their lives, overweight or obese, or even heavier than that, and their lives are going by, and nothing is changing for them. They aren't giving themselves the gift of a slim new body, and increased vitality, delight in their appearance, etc.

It makes me feel sorry, but it's the thing you just can't address. Because it's all up to each of us how we want to live our lives, but, for myself... I just got tired of being a fat, fat woman! And since low carb DID NOT do it for me, I needed to retreat from it. I lost a ton more weight watching my calories, while including a larger variety of foods in my diet, and when I found JUDDD as a plan, that was it for me.

I'm with you about the few substitute foods that I include now on my DDs. The vast majority of food that I eat is the real thing. The few low fat alternate foods I incorporate on my DDs are mainly in the dairy category, but LOOK OUT on Up Days, because those days are all the high protein and high fat foods I ever also enjoyed on LC... plus a whole lot MORE! :laugh:

Joedi 09-22-2011 03:10 PM

Interesting thread!
i was just thinking the other day, that I must be eating a lot more "fake foods" on my DD's!

But, on looking more closely, I'm not, really!
I never liked bread, or rice, much...I MUCH prefer my R/Rolls, and i adore cauli rice...and the ingredients for these items are really "real"! lol!

Even my DD omm, is made from real ingredients..oat fiber, egg white, gluc, cocoa...the only fake stuff is the erythritol, and (sometimes) Walden farms dips!

I know what Beeb is saying though, she far prefers the real thing to the substitute!

Isnt it great that Beeb can enjoy her bread, rice, pasta, etc...and I can enjoy my RR's, cauli rice and faux potatoes..all on the same fab WOE...with the same fab results!

Juddd rocks!

hugs
Jo
x

AnnF 09-22-2011 03:21 PM

Amen! I never made any of the Oopsies or "rice." I prefer to recognize what I'm eating and enjoy the food for what it is. I always just had my burger on a bed of lettuce with the fixings piled on top. Sure, I missed the bun, but I was happier going without than pretending cheese was bread, or whatever.

I don't mind low carb (i.e., sugar free) cheesecake or flax meal muffins and other baked goods at all-- but they aren't really fakes.

SoHappy 09-22-2011 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joedi (Post 15027804)
Interesting thread!
i was just thinking the other day, that I must be eating a lot more "fake foods" on my DD's!

But, on looking more closely, I'm not, really!
I never liked bread, or rice, much...I MUCH prefer my R/Rolls, and i adore cauli rice...and the ingredients for these items are really "real"! lol!

Even my DD omm, is made from real ingredients..oat fiber, egg white, gluc, cocoa...the only fake stuff is the erythritol, and (sometimes) Walden farms dips!

I know what Beeb is saying though, she far prefers the real thing to the substitute!

Isnt it great that Beeb can enjoy her bread, rice, pasta, etc...and I can enjoy my RR's, cauli rice and faux potatoes..all on the same fab WOE...with the same fab results!

Juddd rocks!

hugs
Jo
x

Naw.. I couldn't do the RRs and pretend they were bread, but I LOVE cauliflower. I just eat it and enjoy it though.. I don't pretend it is something else.. rice or potatoes. I just eat it as cauliflower, and then the rice I eat is rice and the potatoes I eat are potatoes.

The absolute worst for me is the aspertame artificial sweetener used in sodas. I have just never been able to get used to that flavor, which has such an off, terrible aftertaste flavor to me. But my daughter drinks it.

Joedi 09-22-2011 03:34 PM

I dont pretend they are anything either...I just eat em up and enjoy em!
Must admit though, before low carb, i would never have dreamed of grating or mashing cauli! And cabbage stir fried with bacon?..swoon!

Show me a new recipe for veggies, and you have me for life!

hugs
Jo
x

SoHappy 09-22-2011 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnF (Post 15027837)
Amen! I never made any of the Oopsies or "rice." I prefer to recognize what I'm eating and enjoy the food for what it is. I always just had my burger on a bed of lettuce with the fixings piled on top. Sure, I missed the bun, but I was happier going without than pretending cheese was bread, or whatever.

I don't mind low carb (i.e., sugar free) cheesecake or flax meal muffins and other baked goods at all-- but they aren't really fakes.

Truthfully, most of the *substitute foods* we eat on any diet plan are just basic food that we dress up to appear or taste like something else we can't have.

Except I've always wondered about some things, like Walden Farms Pancake Syrup, for example. It has NO carbs or fat or calories or, well.. anything apparently. So what, exactly, are we eating? It's sure not maple syrup. But it comes in handy occasionally on a DD. :)

Joedi 09-22-2011 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoHappy (Post 15027876)
Truthfully, most of the *substitute foods* we eat on any diet plan are just basic food that we dress up to appear or taste like something else we can't have.

Except I've always wondered about some things, like Walden Farms Pancake Syrup, for example. It has NO carbs or fat or calories or, well.. anything apparently. So what, exactly, are we eating? It's sure not maple syrup. But it comes in handy occasionally on a DD. :)

Except, on Juddd...there ARNT any foods we cant have! :jumpjoy:

hugs
Jo
x

SoHappy 09-22-2011 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joedi (Post 15027882)
Except, on Juddd...there ARNT any foods we cant have! :jumpjoy:

hugs
Jo
x

But I DO use some fake foods! LOLOLOL :stars: :hyst:

(But not those *darned* Revolution Rolls! LOL)

itsmeshelly01 09-28-2011 05:56 PM

I have been eating lowcarb for almost 7 yrs and never got into making all of that fake stuff. I did do the sf choclate when it first came out. I steer clear. Learned my lesson. About the only thing I will do are lowcarb tortillas and pitas. I have some of the walden farms products and use them on DD sometimes and sf maple syrup and sf chocolate syrup but actually maing oopsies or those things. I never have. I have always just been a whole food person. You have no idea how hard I'm finding my refeed. I want everything to be healthy and whole grain and good carbs. I'm a freak but I did have my pumpkin muffin from dunkin donuts. Omg! It was so good.

SoHappy 09-28-2011 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itsmeshelly01 (Post 15044371)
I have been eating lowcarb for almost 7 yrs and never got into making all of that fake stuff. I did do the sf choclate when it first came out. I steer clear. Learned my lesson. About the only thing I will do are lowcarb tortillas and pitas. I have some of the walden farms products and use them on DD sometimes and sf maple syrup and sf chocolate syrup but actually maing oopsies or those things. I never have. I have always just been a whole food person. You have no idea how hard I'm finding my refeed. I want everything to be healthy and whole grain and good carbs. I'm a freak but I did have my pumpkin muffin from dunkin donuts. Omg! It was so good.

Sinner! Repent!

:laugh:

BroadwayBaby 09-28-2011 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beeb (Post 15027556)
I'm sitting here thinking as I'm eating my chicken wrap on my DD that I would never have had this if I was still doing VLC like I was just before I switched to JUDDD.

I would make what I called "fake food" like the Oopsie rolls, or other bread subs and "pretend" that it was good, when in reality I just hated the texture and missed my bread so much! Not that these subs are bad, they are very good, but they were NOT a wrap or a piece of bread. :cry:

AND I'm sorry, but eating the topping off the pizza, the insides of a wrap or having eggs and bacon without toast just wasn't my idea of fun, I ALWAYS tried to convince myself it was fine, I liked eating that way, but I REALLY hated it! :(

THANK THE POWERS THAT BE FOR JUDDD!! I'll eat the occasional "fake" fat free thing as long as I can now have that piece of toast with my eggs and bacon or some garlic mashed potatoes with my roast beef or some great pasta dish Grandma taught me to make! :clap::jumpjoy::yummy:

ITA! I mean today when I was shopping I bought WW bread which is 80 calories for 2 slices so that I can have a piece of toast to dip in my egg when I want it! I shopped very healthy even tho I know I can eat more on my UD, it was nice to know that I could HAVE a piece of bread but didn't buy the thickest most calorie laden bread I could find. If that makes sense. For me what was the downfall when I found lc eating (specifically Atkins) was the "all or nothing" mentality. It set me up for so many failures and gains! The guilt that came with it for me was just too much! I think what JUDDD does is teach you to be more mindful of what you eat but if you want it you can have it, just on your UD. From reading these JUDDD forum I'm learning a lot! Did I make any sense at all?!?! :o

Beeb 09-28-2011 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bicoaster69 (Post 15044490)
ITA! I mean today when I was shopping I bought WW bread which is 80 calories for 2 slices so that I can have a piece of toast to dip in my egg when I want it! I shopped very healthy even tho I know I can eat more on my UD, it was nice to know that I could HAVE a piece of bread but didn't buy the thickest most calorie laden bread I could find. If that makes sense. For me what was the downfall when I found lc eating (specifically Atkins) was the "all or nothing" mentality. It set me up for so many failures and gains! The guilt that came with it for me was just too much! I think what JUDDD does is teach you to be more mindful of what you eat but if you want it you can have it, just on your UD. From reading these JUDDD forum I'm learning a lot! Did I make any sense at all?!?! :o

Perfect sense! It was the "I can't have and now I want" mentality that got me when I was LCing. That piece of cake that everyone else was having, or a caramel apple that I only had once a year but couldn't have now on LC. :cry: These things got me in trouble or with the "I can't do this for the rest of my life" attitude and then I would give up!! :sad: JUDDD I CAN do for the rest of my life! :jumpjoy: It's easy, simple and that mental block is gone now!! It's funny because the things I "couldn't" have on LC and now can have on my UDs just aren't as appealing anymore! ;)

LuvLatte 09-29-2011 08:15 AM

Yes, Linda! For me it's fruits!!! :)

Joedi 09-29-2011 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuvLatte (Post 15045815)
Yes, Linda! For me it's fruits!!! :)

Me too! And the non salad veggies...cauli broccoli, sprouts aubegine...yum!

Hugs
Jo
x

LuvLatte 09-29-2011 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joedi (Post 15046536)
Me too! And the non salad veggies...cauli broccoli, sprouts aubegine...yum!

Hugs
Jo
x

Jo:

I agree whole heartedly! Lately it's been corn, :love:

Kristine

metqa 10-02-2011 10:06 AM

I'm not JUDDD ( YET :D) but I don't think of things like Oopsies and mashed cauliflower as fake food. They are real food made with real ingredients, but I agree that if you want a wheat burger bun, then an oopside is NOT that, but what it IS is a carrier for the burger and that's all a wheat bun is too , a carrier for the burger. I don't usually buy burgers because i want the bun, cause the buns taste like empty fluff usually, but because I want what's inside the bun. OTOH, Onion Buns and the ones with baked in spices and cheeses are bonus, Arby's has a bun that I'd like to eat on it's own. and Subway's cheesy loaf are worth eating the bread. but if the bread is not worth eating then it's just a vehicle and I can make a better choice I think with a bun alternative, just for my own health choice. but I don't kid myself that it's the same or should taste the same as a cheap wheat bun. My BF said corn bread was not real bread either. How So?, What about potato or oat bread or breads made by other cultures with other ingredients where wheat is not the major grain? or flat breads, or boiled breads i argued. :dunno: Why is leavened wheat bread the only "real" bread? ive even heard of bread made from bugs. ( no thanks)

And people have mashed vegetables long before potatos become the one and only thing allowed to be mashed and called "real".

or look at Shiritaki. I didn't even know it was a diet food cause it was just another type of noodle in Japan. Like Glass noodles from rice, or bean thread noodles, they are just different. Shiritaki is not supposed to be fake spaghetti, not even close. but being low cal is a bonus and it's great for making chinese dishes cause can save calories by using them instead of the bean thread noodles of the same texture. They are not Fake Noodles.

I like oopsies cause I can make danishes out of them and i don't get that sick over-sugared feeling like I get from "real" danishes made of sugar and flower. and I like Almond flour cakes cause they are idiot proof, since I can't bake with wheat flour successfully unless it' prepackaged ( meaning over-sugared and who knows what else). Fake would be 'blueberries" made from corn syrup and coloring. These LC desserts are real, more real to me than a krispy kreme "doughnut" :sick: or blueberry muffins with fake blueberries that don't have one atom of fruit in them.

If I decide to JUDDD, I think I shall continue to use what people call "fake" foods cause I think they are useful, made with real ingredients and quite tasty AND nutritious. But then again, I can eat almost anything though and, with the exception of okra, welcome new tastes and textures.

I don't usually try to pretend one recipe is exactly like or should taste exactly like another( unless that is my goal) but try to value the recipe for it's own food/convenience value. I think a lot of tasty recipes come about as copy cats of other recipes that then become their own recipe and then valued on it's own. even among 'real food' recipes, two different recipes for the same item can come out with different texture and taste just because they are different directions. That doesn't make one fake and the other real, they are just different.

Beeb 10-02-2011 02:22 PM

WELL.....maybe "fake" was NOT the right word, and I'm hoping what I was trying to convey with this thread will come through somehow in the end.

If not I will re-word for better understanding. I missed my wheat bun and for me it was the whole thing; for example: it was the burger AND bun that I enjoyed and I did not enjoy just the burger alone or with a "real" (what I termed as fake here) food sub like an oopsie, and even though the subs made with real food products are very good, to me, they were not what I wanted.

THIS ^^^^ is an example of what I was trying to say in my original post and I'm sorry it wasn't worded right for others to understand. Hope it can be better understood now because I'm really getting tired of having to defend my thoughts and words as often as I have on LCFs recently. :dunno:

metqa 10-02-2011 02:46 PM

Sorry, I didn't mean for it to be an attack, It's just that other people have used fake to mean anything Low carb and it's sorta stings when people say something is fake when it's real food.

But I get what you mean. I'm looking at the JUDDDers and it's really cool the freedom you have to choose whatever foods you want, as real as you want them to be. You don't have to choose alternatives if you don't want to. And as a JUDDD you don't really have to justify or defend anything you eat to anyone else. Especially me and my long winded posts. :o

Sorry about coming across so strong. I get people calling foods I chose to eat fake, garbage, poison or not real just because they are sugar or starch free alternatives of commonly eaten foods. I guess i felt I had to defend these choices as as real as sugar/starch choices.

No harm or ill will intended.

Beeb 10-02-2011 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by metqa (Post 15053444)
Sorry, I didn't mean for it to be an attack, It's just that other people have used fake to mean anything Low carb and it's sorta stings when people say something is fake when it's real food.

But I get what you mean. I'm looking at the JUDDDers and it's really cool the freedom you have to choose whatever foods you want, as real as you want them to be. You don't have to choose alternatives if you don't want to. And as a JUDDD you don't really have to justify or defend anything you eat to anyone else. Especially me and my long winded posts. :o

Sorry about coming across so strong. I get people calling foods I chose to eat fake, garbage, poison or not real just because they are sugar or starch free alternatives of commonly eaten foods. I guess i felt I had to defend these choices as as real as sugar/starch choices.

No harm or ill will intended.

:hugs: And I will say I'm sorry for being a bit too sensitive. Like you, I have had to defend what I'm eating on my JUDDD WOE recently and it's not fun. :sad:

BroadwayBaby 10-02-2011 09:30 PM

In a nutshell what I THINK Beebs was saying and I KNOW what I am saying about it...some people will eat REAL fried rice on an UD instead of FAKE fried rice made of cauliflower. While it's true that cauliflower on it's own is a REAL food, when you shred it and fry it with eggs, peas and soy sauce and call it "fried rice" it is a FAKE version of the real thing. For me (AND THIS IS THE BEAUTY OF JUDDD, it very much is a YMMV, YTMV type of WOE) I would rather eat a REAL bun then a revolutionary roll, others would rather eat the RR. No biggie...bottom line tho, my fried rice example...using real rice grains to make fried rice is REAL fried rice and using shredding cauliflower to me is FAKE fried rice. Doesn't mean it's a fake food, just a fake version of the real thing...Sorry it takes me a long time to get to my point sometimes! lol! :P

metqa 10-03-2011 09:38 AM

Well, then we get to questions like is a pizza crust made from rice flour real pizza crust? I guess it depends on how purist you wanna be. Yeh I understand fried "rice" , in quotation marks as indication it' not rice, and such, and I know no insult is intended in Beeb's use of Fake. It's where insult is intended by people bashing other WOE's that it gets touchy,and when people are judging you based on what food you eat, that makes the whole issue a sore spot for many.

I had expected, Beeb, that JUDDD would have LESS criticism than most plans because it seems to follow the logic of "all things in moderation" and "portion control" and all the platitudes people say when they want to justify eating whatever they want, but don't want to take the effort to control for calories like JUDDD followers do.

The JUDDD allows you to eat, instead of saying "real food", all varieties of foods of your choice and who would have a problem with that? Really , who are the people you are defending your JUDDD WOE against?

Beeb 10-03-2011 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by metqa (Post 15055145)
Well, then we get to questions like is a pizza crust made from rice flour real pizza crust? I guess it depends on how purist you wanna be. Yeh I understand fried "rice" , in quotation marks as indication it' not rice, and such, and I know no insult is intended in Beeb's use of Fake. It's where insult is intended by people bashing other WOE's that it gets touchy,and when people are judging you based on what food you eat, that makes the whole issue a sore spot for many.

I had expected, Beeb, that JUDDD would have LESS criticism than most plans because it seems to follow the logic of "all things in moderation" and "portion control" and all the platitudes people say when they want to justify eating whatever they want, but don't want to take the effort to control for calories like JUDDD followers do.

The JUDDD allows you to eat, instead of saying "real food", all varieties of foods of your choice and who would have a problem with that? Really , who are the people you are defending your JUDDD WOE against?

Just certain people I have ALWAYS had to defend any WOE I did or any question/opinion I have had on any other WOE. It is what it is. :dunno:

metqa 10-03-2011 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beeb (Post 15055214)
Just certain people I have ALWAYS had to defend any WOE I did or any question/opinion I have had on any other WOE. It is what it is. :dunno:

Oh I see. I guess we all have 'em. Well, if JUDDD does what it claims, and it seems it does, you have the best of both worlds, weight loss and control and food choice, so those certain peopl can just go blow off. I'd think the best part is no matter what 'they' say, and that includes me ;), You can be and ARE happy with the choices in your WOE and get the results you want and that's pretty much what every diet plan ( reduction or maintenance) is striving for.:high5:

Beeb 10-03-2011 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by metqa (Post 15055305)
Oh I see. I guess we all have 'em. Well, if JUDDD does what it claims, and it seems it does, you have the best of both worlds, weight loss and control and food choice, so those certain peopl can just go blow off. I'd think the best part is no matter what 'they' say, and that includes me ;), You can be and ARE happy with the choices in your WOE and get the results you want and that's pretty much what every diet plan ( reduction or maintenance) is striving for.:high5:

You "matter"! :hugs:

Joedi 10-03-2011 12:00 PM

What Juddd boils down to is...if its food...and you like it....you can eat it! :lol:

Personally, I never much like rice, or mashed potaoes or bread over much...they were just decorations to the best bits!

I LOVE grated cauli, done in the pan with peas and tomatos.
Revolution rolls are a nice treat...and cauliflower mashed with garlic is yum! And my own nut flour muffins float my boat...(and dont bloat my tum!) like no shop bought one could do!

I much prefer them to the "originals"!

But if these alternatives were always second best for you...have the orginal options...and enjoy every bite! :jumpjoy:

And if you like both....have both! :hyst:

They are all "real food" and they are all fair game on Juddd :D

Its a real "one woe fits all!"

hugs
Jo
x

metqa 10-03-2011 12:00 PM

Quote:

You "matter"!
:hugs: Yeah, but I annoy people pretty often, so I take my bumps when I deserve 'em. :laugh:

metqa 10-03-2011 12:03 PM

Joedi, I count myself as one of the lucky people who can eat almost anythiing, Heck I ate Natto, and that has got to be worse than okra anyday. I think this JUDDD plan is very intriguing. I'm reading threads on it to see how it could fit my lifestyle and that of my friends and family. they THINK they are doing it naturally, but they have more Up days than Down! :rofl:

SoHappy 10-03-2011 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by metqa (Post 15055700)
Joedi, I count myself as one of the lucky people who can eat almost anythiing, Heck I ate Natto, and that has got to be worse than okra anyday. I think this JUDDD plan is very intriguing. I'm reading threads on it to see how it could fit my lifestyle and that of my friends and family. they THINK they are doing it naturally, but they have more Up days than Down! :rofl:

Yeah.. if they aren't losing weight, they probably don't quite have the hang of it all yet. It's an awfully simple plan, but there are a few requirements, and that calorie deficit part that is brought on by really good Down Days is kinda' one of the important parts! :hyst:

And then too, giving it the time needed to have your body adjust, and coming to terms with the fact that you may have some bumpy fluctuations up as you ride the weight loss down.

But overall, I guess it's the same with about any way folks decide to lose excess body fat. If it's melting away, you're probably doing your plan well. If you aren't losing, then that's just your way of eating, but it's no longer a weight reduction diet.

I had to go look up natto. I use miso. Does natto taste anything like that?

metqa 10-03-2011 12:31 PM

NOOO, Natto is smelly, sticky, slimey and smells like what it is, rotten soybeans! :laugh: but it's very nutritious and one of it's natural compounds is being used as a clot busting medicine. The old folks eat some everyday with rice, but it's like ....ewwwey gooey, eww. I hope you can find some at an asian food store and taste it, it's such a a unique flavor that it's possible to like it and hate it at the same time. :rofl: