Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2011, 10:37 AM   #1
TLH
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TLH
Stats: 215/208/180 6'ft Short
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 9/20/2011
Hi, Hello, How are you?

Frustrated and hopeless I came back to Atkin's Friends website Monday night and stumbled upon this wonderful group. I think I like it.

I really hope my mind and body can adapt to this way of eating and I lose the weight and keep it off for good. I am so tired of stressing about it. I am a lifetime WW member and although I kept the weight off succesfully and with out stress somehow it all came back on. Next I tried the HCG drops. I did great during the program and lost all the weight AGAIN when I would go off mahem would ensue and I put the weight back on AGAIN. This summer I joined a bootcamp program hoping to boost my body's own ability to burn calories with muscle. I have gained 10 lbs My clothes are no longer comfortable. I am toned but I weigh more than I have in 8 years. I am not happy with that at all.

So here I am. I have been reading as much as I can since Monday and have started my log on *********. Thank you in advance for all your support, I could feel the love as I am reading all your posts. So I will stop lurking and start participating.

P.S. I am also an Iowa Girl! Benton County to be precise.
TLH is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-2011, 10:47 AM   #2
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Rachelocity
WOE: Fitbit/My Fitness Pal
Start Date: Every day I'm shuffling

I'm doing JUDDD and WW together, so if you scroll down a bit you can read about my (mis)adventures in cycling, the WW way!
Rachelocity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 10:55 AM   #3
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
SO glad to have you on board! Our JUDDD BUDDDs are the best around!

I hope you post often and I also hope this WOE works for you!

I JUST IT! (as if you didn't know that! )
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 12:30 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Hi TLH..and

This is a lovely forum , the friendship and support are second to none...we all this woe...and want you to love it too!

I have never felt better than on Juddd....and I have never enjoyed cooking..or eating , more!

The beauty of juddd is...you can do it YOUR way...very low carb, moderate carb (like many of us here), with intermittant fasting, or like Rachelocity does, with WW.

check out the calorie calculator at: UpDayDownDay Diet™ Plan ? How to Succeed
to get an idea of your UD & DD calories...when estimating your activity level, be sure you are as exact as possible...or you may end up with too many cals!

Also, several of us here started on a slightly higher DD cal level than the 500 recommended...sometimes this is an easier way of easing into Juddd...though, of course...if you feel you can manage 500 to start...go for it!
I would recommend that the day before you start, do some planning! Read the Juddd recipe threads, go to the store for some low cal foods (if you have been doing low carb, most of your supplies may be high cal!), and sit down and plan your first DD menu.

Using an online/mobile food tracker is a great idea...once you have a few DD's under your belt, all your "go to" foods are right there, calorie counted, and ready for you to plan your day.

Many of us have found that waiting as long as possible to eat on a DD works out, well...sometimes starting to eat switches the apetite control to high!
Personally, I do this...and always keep a little snack for the evening munchies!

And, it goes without saying, posting and reading here regularly is a GREAT help!

Let us know when you start...and make sure to post your menus, and your thoughts!

hugs
Jo
x

"Eat today for the clothes you want to wear tomorrow!"

Last edited by Joedi; 09-22-2011 at 12:31 PM..
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 01:01 PM   #5
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Jumping in here to add my welcome to the rest! Yay! Glad you're going to join us.

If you've been reading here, you undoubtedly already have been getting a pretty good understanding of how this simple plan works. But if you have questions, please ask away. Everyone here is very friendly and ready to offer their thoughts and suggestions to help you find great success on JUDDD.

This is a pretty easy concept and yet a wonderfully effective plan. And it gives you so, so, SO many different options when it comes to what carb level you want to eat at. What foods you want to include in your diet. What days you want to be able to eat like *regular* people at restaurants, at parties, at holidays, at festivals... and still be able to be ON PLAN, and ON A DIET, and LOSING WEIGHT. It's almost unbelievable, isn't it. LOL And all that is required is to follow the simple plan.

Anyway, welcome! It's nice to have you join us.