Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2011, 09:48 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
I Made My Own Egg-Beaters!

After having been cruely tormented by other Juddders with their descriptions of DD meals made with Eggbeaters....I attempted to buy some myself ...only to find there were no such thing in the UK!

The closest I could fine were large cartons of pasturised egg whites...these were really expensive...and had to be used within 3 days of opening...no way could I use 40 odd egg whites in 3 days!

On further online searching, I found some tubs of pure, powdered egg whites, called Just Eggs, on Amazon. While not cheap...they did contain 144 egg whites per tub!

They arrived early this morning, on my DD...so I had to use them right away!

So simple...i got a tupperware lidded tub...added one scoop of Just Eggs, 1/3 cup of water, and some seasonings...garlic powder, pepper and salt...and shook the tub like mad for a minute. Result...frothy, savoury egg whites...no artificial colours or flavourings!

Pam sprayed a dinner plate, poured the whites on, and microwaved till set...added my spinach and salsa filling...flipped it over...breakfast done!

I am delighted...the possibilites are endless...I can add virtually anything to the powder...hot spices, hot sauce, a sprinkle of parmesan and mustard powder, dried herbs...even cinnamon and sweetner for a fruit or jam omelette!

Have also made Ouizoids DD omm with the powder instead of the egg whites...and just added a bit more liquid to the mixture...perfect!

Will try scramble next!

I it when yoou find a food that makes DD's easier...first Gluc, then oat fiber...and now this!

hugs
jo
x

"Eat today for the clothes you want to wear tomorrow!"
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-2011, 10:58 AM   #2
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
You are so INNOVATIVE!!! I would never have thought to do this! What a great idea and so happy you now have "egg beaters" like the rest of us!

WTG, Joedi!!!!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 01:16 PM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Love the powdered egg white idea for you, Jo. And your microwave breakfast sounds so easy. I've never tried cooking eggs in a microwave oven, but I'll give it a try.

You are so-o-o-o getting into this JUDDD thing it is making me laugh! Glad you enjoy it, and that it's a pretty fun diet for you, and that you are here with us, helping us have fun with it too.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 02:29 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
Love the powdered egg white idea for you, Jo. And your microwave breakfast sounds so easy. I've never tried cooking eggs in a microwave oven, but I'll give it a try.

You are so-o-o-o getting into this JUDDD thing it is making me laugh! Glad you enjoy it, and that it's a pretty fun diet for you, and that you are here with us, helping us have fun with it too.
Lol!...when I like something...i go all in! DH says I get obsessive...I call it enthusiastic!

Can you tell...I LOVE Juddd!

Weigh in day tomorrow...have been recording my ups n downs all week...I want a new down for tomorrow, so I can change my stats!

hugs
Jo
x
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 02:35 PM   #5
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Good Luck, Jo! Keeping my fingers crossed for a new down number for you in the morning.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 09:58 PM   #6
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Can't wait to hear, Joedi!!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote