Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   I Made My Own Egg-Beaters! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/736703-i-made-my-own-egg-beaters.html)

Joedi 09-22-2011 09:48 AM

I Made My Own Egg-Beaters!

After having been cruely tormented ;) by other Juddders with their descriptions of DD meals made with Eggbeaters....I attempted to buy some myself ...only to find there were no such thing in the UK!

The closest I could fine were large cartons of pasturised egg whites...these were really expensive...and had to be used within 3 days of opening...no way could I use 40 odd egg whites in 3 days! :sick:

On further online searching, I found some tubs of pure, powdered egg whites, called Just Eggs, on Amazon. While not cheap...they did contain 144 egg whites per tub!:jumpjoy:

They arrived early this morning, on my DD...so I had to use them right away!

So simple...i got a tupperware lidded tub...added one scoop of Just Eggs, 1/3 cup of water, and some seasonings...garlic powder, pepper and salt...and shook the tub like mad for a minute. Result...frothy, savoury egg whites...no artificial colours or flavourings!

Pam sprayed a dinner plate, poured the whites on, and microwaved till set...added my spinach and salsa filling...flipped it over...breakfast done! :jumpjoy:

I am delighted...the possibilites are endless...I can add virtually anything to the powder...hot spices, hot sauce, a sprinkle of parmesan and mustard powder, dried herbs...even cinnamon and sweetner for a fruit or jam omelette!

Have also made Ouizoids DD omm with the powder instead of the egg whites...and just added a bit more liquid to the mixture...perfect!

Will try scramble next!

I :heart: it when yoou find a food that makes DD's easier...first Gluc, then oat fiber...and now this!

hugs
jo
x

Beeb 09-22-2011 10:58 AM

You are so INNOVATIVE!!! :notwrthy: I would never have thought to do this! What a great idea and so happy you now have "egg beaters" like the rest of us!

WTG, Joedi!!!! :shake::high5::hugs:

SoHappy 09-22-2011 01:16 PM

Love the powdered egg white idea for you, Jo. And your microwave breakfast sounds so easy. I've never tried cooking eggs in a microwave oven, but I'll give it a try.

You are so-o-o-o getting into this JUDDD thing it is making me laugh! Glad you enjoy it, and that it's a pretty fun diet for you, and that you are here with us, helping us have fun with it too. :hugs: :laugh:

Joedi 09-22-2011 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoHappy (Post 15027485)
Love the powdered egg white idea for you, Jo. And your microwave breakfast sounds so easy. I've never tried cooking eggs in a microwave oven, but I'll give it a try.

You are so-o-o-o getting into this JUDDD thing it is making me laugh! Glad you enjoy it, and that it's a pretty fun diet for you, and that you are here with us, helping us have fun with it too. :hugs: :laugh:

Lol!...when I like something...i go all in! DH says I get obsessive...I call it enthusiastic!

Can you tell...I LOVE Juddd!

Weigh in day tomorrow...have been recording my ups n downs all week...I want a new down for tomorrow, so I can change my stats!

hugs
Jo
x

SoHappy 09-22-2011 02:35 PM

Good Luck, Jo! Keeping my fingers crossed for a new down number for you in the morning. :)

Beeb 09-22-2011 09:58 PM

Can't wait to hear, Joedi!! :up::clap: