Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2011, 06:45 AM   #61
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kempmuhlbauer View Post
Lost another pound on the scale this morning. Feels good to have all the hard work start showing on the scale.

Well off on vacation today to Blacksburg, VA to visit the inlaws and catch the VT, Miami game on saturday. Will try and keep posting while there. They have a at home gym so I should be able to keep up the workouts. Not eating my mother inlaws gourmet cooking will be the toughest. Happy days to all.
Yay! Yay! Yay!

It sounds like your body has now caught up and is in balance with your exercise program, adjusted as to water weight, and willing to release a bit more weight.

You said earlier that you were pretty spectacular (read.. OCD) in measuring your foods and recording your calories, so you know where you stand with your DD calorie numbers and your UD calorie number both.

So were you able to increase your UD calories a little bit? That spread between low DDs and higher UDs really does have something to do with helping our bodies shed the fat. Sounds counterproductive to eat higher on every second day.. like holding them both down would be better, be faster, but that just doesn't seem to be the case with this way of dieting. Sounds like there will be food there that will be a lovely part of the visit. The sharing of food and meals is certainly a warm and bonding part of the human experience, isn't it. Here's hoping you can participate in the family feasting a bit.

And while I know that food shouldn't be, and usually isn't, our main focus in our lives, we do focus on diet a lot on this site because.. well, our weight loss and health are our reasons for being here in the first place.

Have a fun vacation. Will look forward to your check-ins to see how you did.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2011, 07:22 AM   #62
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kempmuhlbauer
Stats: 281/264.8/190
WOE: Super low carb
Start Date: 11/03/14
I really have increased my calories on UD. And kept down days just that down to 500 or less. Thank God for egg whites and veggies. Anyway will keep you posted from VA.
kempmuhlbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 07:43 AM   #63
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
I really have increased my calories on UD. And kept down days just that down to 500 or less. Thank God for egg whites and veggies. Anyway will keep you posted from VA.
Nice to see that working the plan as it's suggested is now working for you!

WTG on the losses!!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 08:03 AM   #64
Major LCF Poster!

Allright now were are moving. It was tough as heck, but stayed on plan through two airports and homemade desserts when arriving in VA at the in-laws. I stayed on plan and lost another pound down to 225. That is 30 pounds in 36 days. I was so happy I went to the basement and did 45 minutes on the elliptical and did a weight cycle. Will check in later. Thanks for all the support
Old 10-05-2011, 08:11 AM   #65

Quote:
Allright now were are moving. It was tough as heck, but stayed on plan through two airports and homemade desserts when arriving in VA at the in-laws. I stayed on plan and lost another pound down to 225. That is 30 pounds in 36 days. I was so happy I went to the basement and did 45 minutes on the elliptical and did a weight cycle. Will check in later. Thanks for all the support
Woot! Kemp is losing weight!

Sounds like your body is all adjusted now, used to the increased amount of exercise you are doing these days, has come to terms with some increased muscle mass, and is now ahead of the game with fat loss.

I'd still bet my money that you were losing fat during this time. Just that you were also gaining muscle weight at the same time, and the two were canceling each other out on the scale.

Have a great vacation. Glad you have access to some exercise equipment!
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 10:02 AM   #66
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Quote:

I will use you as my inspiration when I visit my relatives this christmas!

I love it that you did a burst of exercise in celebration!

36lbs in 30 days...you are

Hugs
Jo
x
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 08:42 PM   #67
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 08:28 AM   #68
Major LCF Poster!

Well my resolve was not as strong as I had hoped. I fell the very next day to some french pastries. My inlaws are good friends with the owner of a french bakery and bistro in Blacksburg, VA.(and yes they are actullay from france and trained as pastry chefs in france) I went to the bistro and bakery with my father in law the first morning in town and all that bread was calling my name, I did not break that morning. But the next day for breakfast, I ordered the omelet, carb free, and the owner brought out a cream cheese homemade dessert to the table with fresh blueberries on top reduced down to a syrup. My legs shook, my head spun, and I fell flat on my face. Which lead to a 5 day bender, which was the rest of the trip for me.

It also included me going back up to 239, ouch. All water weight but ouch.

I got back to Houston on Monday night, and Tuesday morning, I was back on low carb. Oh the withdrawals were not worth it. It is now 4 days after my restart and I am back down to 229.2, 4.2 pounds over were I was the morning of the cream cheese desert pastry. I am now just doing very low carb, and will kick back into a Juddd rotation at some point soon. Trying to fight all the cravings from low carb and very low calorie days was just to much.

I have now gotten back into ketosis, and my energy is back up. So in the next few days I will be ready to cycle back into the JUDDD. Sorry it took so long to post again, I just felt bad about the cheat days. But now feel good I have fought and gotten back on plan. Heading to the golf course and then to the gym. Hope to hear from you guys soon. Thanks to all, Have a great day

"STAY HEALTHY MY FRIENDS"

GOALS:
1. Keep on plan
2. Stay on plan
3. Work out
Old 10-14-2011, 06:03 PM   #69

Quote:
Well my resolve was not as strong as I had hoped. I fell the very next day to some french pastries. My inlaws are good friends with the owner of a french bakery and bistro in Blacksburg, VA.(and yes they are actullay from france and trained as pastry chefs in france) I went to the bistro and bakery with my father in law the first morning in town and all that bread was calling my name, I did not break that morning. But the next day for breakfast, I ordered the omelet, carb free, and the owner brought out a cream cheese homemade dessert to the table with fresh blueberries on top reduced down to a syrup. My legs shook, my head spun, and I fell flat on my face. Which lead to a 5 day bender, which was the rest of the trip for me.

It also included me going back up to 239, ouch. All water weight but ouch.

I got back to Houston on Monday night, and Tuesday morning, I was back on low carb. Oh the withdrawals were not worth it. It is now 4 days after my restart and I am back down to 229.2, 4.2 pounds over were I was the morning of the cream cheese desert pastry. I am now just doing very low carb, and will kick back into a Juddd rotation at some point soon. Trying to fight all the cravings from low carb and very low calorie days was just to much.

I have now gotten back into ketosis, and my energy is back up. So in the next few days I will be ready to cycle back into the JUDDD. Sorry it took so long to post again, I just felt bad about the cheat days. But now feel good I have fought and gotten back on plan. Heading to the golf course and then to the gym. Hope to hear from you guys soon. Thanks to all, Have a great day
Sorry to be so tickled, but it sounds like you have a lovely, lovely vacation, had lots of fun, ate well and lavishly, and made a great memory to enjoy forever. Good job.

I'm with you about the adoration of French pastries. DH and I go up often to a little French cafe not far from here, also people from France and he a pastry chef in Paris too. Sounds like these folks are the same people! And they're slim, eating their own cooking. She says it's because their food is made out of all *real* ingredients. But no week is complete without eating up there at least once. And most often it is fine coffee with cream and pastries to die for.. for breakfast.

Well, you know how to get rid of the water weight from carbing up, and you know how to get rid of any fat gain with JUDDD, so I really doubt it will take you too long to get back down to where you were. And then, down lower than that even!

Glad you had a good trip. Glad you're back.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 07:45 PM   #70
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jouette
Stats: goal: to lose 20-25lbs
WOE: trying 5:2 fast diet
Start Date: 4.8.13
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
Sorry to be so tickled, but it sounds like you have a lovely, lovely vacation, had lots of fun, ate well and lavishly, and made a great memory to enjoy forever. Good job.
My knees would have buckled too, lol! No way could I, nor would I, deprive myself of delicious REAL French pastries on a vacation.

You did an amazing job getting back down in weight & into ketosis too! That's the way to do it - you enjoyed yourself for a few days, but then stopped & did what needs to be done. That's totally inspirational for me!
jouette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 08:25 PM   #71
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks guys for the kind words and ya'll inspired me to stay focused. I will let you know the weight in the morning.