Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2011, 06:25 PM   #31
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kempmuhlbauer View Post
Pat,
Thanks so much for the comments and knowledge. I think my fat cells are just holding on tight, waiting for me to crack and eat a dozen donuts.
That is not going to happen. I was frustrated this morning, but am now happy again. I know that in the next day or so I will have a big drop. It did motivate me hit the gym hard today for 2 hours, and played softball in the 96 degree Texas heat....Double work outs will get that fat out of here. Anyway will let you guys know in the morning at 7am.

Thanks for all the advice and good wishes.
Hang in there! If all else fails, call me, and I'll eat the donuts for you! Anything for you guys.

I don't think that next drop in weight can be very much longer in coming! But I just thought of another thing that it could be.

Are you used to good hard workouts? If you aren't, that most often will cause muscles to latch onto water at first.

I'm really inclined to think your *scale weight* that's holding in there is water weight, and once it is jettisoned, it's going to be a nice little brag for you to come in here and post.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-2011, 05:36 AM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kempmuhlbauer
Stats: 274/274/190
WOE: Normal old atkins
Start Date: 10/21/13
Well 2 lbs gained this morning. YEA!!!!! This is really frustrating me. I am trying to be patience. In previous attempts at this WOE I have never had stalls like this in the start up phase. I went back in my mind to think of what produced the 1 pound a day weight loss average every single day that scale was down. This was my old way

1. I would get up every other morning and before eating or even drinking water I would run 3-5 miles.
2. I would only eat 2-4 carbs a day and only 12-20 grams of fat a day and maybe 1000 calories a day average
3. essentialy i was on a low carb, low calorie, low fat diet and man did it take the pounds off and fat pounds not just water weight, did not lose any muscle but it was just so hard to maintain

This time around I am eating same carbs, but more fat, triple or more fat as the books says to do, I am changing up my calorie intake daily and working out after breakfast and drinking lots of morning water. Oh and I am also working out 3 times as hard. I think I will stick with the hard work outs, but put them before breakfast and any water, I will stop off at the store on the way home from this mornings workout and get egg whites, turkey bacon, plain chicken breast and some Pam spray to cook all these tasty treats in. Oh and will stop the sodium intake also. I really do not know what else to do, At this rate of weight loss I will be the fattest guy at the beach. I only have 23 days till depature and I wanted to be 210 at least, average 1 pound a week(and right now i am not even getting that) that is only 226lbs from my current weight. My swimsuits will not even fit at that weight. Will let you know how this WOE goes. Not looking forward to it that is for sure.

Thanks,

"STAY HEALTHY MY FRIENDS"

GOALS:
1. Keep on plan
2. Stay on plan
3. Work out
4. Run a 1/2 marathon on Jan. 19th!!!
kempmuhlbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 06:21 AM   #33

I can absolutely sense the disappointment and frustration in your post, and I'm so sorry. I know it is hard to see no loss on a scale, and even harder to see the number actually go up.

Unhappily, our bodies don't work as we would prefer when it comes to water retention, and the scale only tells us the weight standing on it this day.

But we do know that it takes about 3,500 calories more than our basic need to amass a single pound of fat, so if you're up two pounds this morning, it obviously isn't stored fat from eating an additional 7,000 calories!

So what could it be? Well, stored water weight, of course. And what can cause our bodies to store water weight? Lots of things. A bit of salty food. Not drinking enough fluids the previous day. Exercise. Yes, exercise. Exercise can make you hold onto a LOT of water weight! Especially if you have increased the intensity and/or duration of exercise over what your body has been used to previously. Seems counter to what you would expect, but it's a fact.

And I think this is one thing that is going on in your body. I think you are now exercising more, and so much more that your body is really holding onto water in the muscles. Eventually it all adjusts, and most of the water departs again, but it's obviously there right now!

The other thing that might be happening for you is... it's a strange fact but sometimes a body can sort of refuse to give up any of its fat. By cutting down so much on food, and on overall nutrition, I suspect, you have sort of sent a message to your body that you are facing a famine situation out here, and your body is saying, "OK.. I'll preserve everything and save your life by not giving away any of your precious fat stores! I'll slow metabolic rate down as low as I can get it, and put your body into a suspended state where you can preserve your weight."

I could be wrong, but I sure wish you could eat a more *rounded* diet, and I also wish you could get your UD calories up a bit higher with DD calories at whatever number you should be keeping them at.

And, frankly... if it were me, I'd lay off the exercise intensity and duration quite a bit for now too. Try to get some of that retained *exercise water* jettisoned out of your muscles over the next week or so.

I know you are trying to reach a certain weight by the start of a trip, but as so many of us knows, simply making your body *diet* and give up it's fat is a concept of the mind a lot easier than it is a reality of the body. As most of us also know, it only gets harder to accomplish every time we have to fight the weight loss battle again. Like our bodies catch on fast and refuse to go along with the weight loss the next time we attempt to diet. So best to not ever get overweight to begin with. Yeah, right.. a little late for me on that one, as with most of us here. So now, just trying to return to a normal weight. And eating a good diet is part of telling your body that it is OK to release fat stores.. that you aren't in a famine and it's safe to get slim now.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 06:28 AM   #34

Oh, also wanted to add... have you tried on your swim trunks? Maybe they'll fit a bit better than you think they will.

One reason scale weight can look worse than the actual situation is, is that.. you truly could be losing some body fat at the same time you are building up some body muscle. Your size can be smaller, even when your weight is higher on a scale.

If you lose ten pounds of fat, but gain ten pounds of muscle mass, the scale is going to read the same, but your body is going to have changed and you are going to be smaller.
Old 09-29-2011, 08:46 AM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Pat,
Thanks so much for the advice. And yes I was upset this morning. I know it is not fat I am gaining but I just cant seem to shed the water weight. I do feel bloated because I drink alot of water during the day. At least a gallon. I was doing that so my body would not hang on to water weight knowing it was getting plenty of water daily. And you make some great points. I need to just relax and let my body do its thing I guess. I did go to the gym and do the stair climber for 64 minutes. Then a nice steam after. Of course I did not drink any water because i figure my body has more than it can use seeing as it is storing that also. J-k. But I really did not drink any water, got home and was 4lbs lighter to 226, I know it was all water weight but it made me smile. I have now had about 5 glasses of water since. Anyway I really do eat when hungry. And I was hoping that all the exercise would keep my metabolism really high. Is this true about metabolism?

All is not bad. I have a ton of energy, feel great, clothes are fitting better. I will not go off plan because although the donut taste great I feel horrible physically 30 minutes later. All tired and lathargic.

So at the end of this morning, I have lost over 25 pounds in 30 days, I am in alot better shape, clothes are fitting better, and I have tons of energy. And made a few new dieting buddies.

Another thing Pat, I am a little concerned about my calorie intake. I am trying to do UDDD. But stay on plan with low calorie. One of the side effects is you really are not hungry. I have to force my self to eat what I eat. Yesterday was and up day I did steak instead of chicken to add more calories. Should I try and eat 1500 on up days, I know it says 3400 for me, but I do not like sugar and flour products and that is where all the calories are. If i eat any of those I would have to go back through withdrawal.

Anyway always nice to get back in and see your post. Thanks Pat.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:19 AM   #36
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
I need to say this again and I'm sorry if I sound like a broken record here. I also am not blessed with the wonderful tact that Pat has so bear with me on this post:

I REALLY think you should do the plan the way the plan is suggested; The amount of calories should be eaten on BOTH UDs and DDs as you have determined from several calorie calculators and have averaged these out to get your UD and DD calories. Sure they may seem high for you on the UD, BUT that is work is going to work, believe me!!

Do the plan as prescribed, give it a chance the way it is suggested to be done, for at least 1 week and THEN see if you need to tweak or change the plan. BUT at least give it a fighting chance to see what will happen.

I personally do NOT think you are eating enough for the amount of exercise you do. It may be your body is holding onto fat/water because it's not getting enough food. And I DO understand not wanting to eat, I have this problem every DD, but I get right up to my calorie allotment somehow each day, and it's made all the difference in how quickly the weight is coming off. I do NO exercise at all, except for housework, some yard work, and grocery shopping and the weight is still coming off me.

Well, there you have it, Beeb's tactless post. Please understand I feel your frustration and as the one person this WOE has worked wonders for I'm frustrated too because it's NOT working the same way for you.

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 09:29 AM   #37

Two days ago you said you are doing 800 calorie DDs and 1,200 calorie UDs. So not a great deal of spread between those two calorie choices. In other words, as far as your built-in sensor knows, you've entered a time of slim pickin's out there in the wild world, and your metabolism will try to run as slowly as possible to make your scant food findings last. By holding down your consumption day after day after day, you are telling your body that there isn't anything more available out there to find, to eat.

One of the strengths of JUDDD is that we can control our calories and keep the average down overall to trigger fat loss, but in such a way that our body doesn't get cued to slow metabolic operating speed. By cutting calories really low one day, we can eat at our own personal high calorie level the next day, and by doing that, it's a way of saying to our inner sensor.. *Don't worry or slow anything down.. I'm eating plenty of food. See? I just ate all of these calories! No famines here. Keep my metabolism running at top speed, please.*

I don't know how you consume your calories throughout a day, whether in three meals, or two meals and three snacks, or just a single big meal in the evening, or little snacks throughout the whole day..... but, would it be possible for you to get down something like the following:

scrambled eggs made with 2 whole eggs, plus 2 egg yolks, plus 1 tablespoon butter... ****** shows this as 354 calories, just for this little plate of scrambled eggs. Add a slice or two of bacon? Or maybe a sausage patty?

How about a glass of protein shake? Start with a cup of half & half (which my DH thinks is the only thing that should ever be put on his cereal LOL) add in 1/2 cup or so of unsweetened almond milk, and then two scoops of protein powder. ****** shows this as being 535 calories, just in this nice big glass of protein shake lusciousness.

Even a patty of a fatty ground beef, topped with a slice of melting cheese and maybe a dollop of sour cream can give you 400 to 500 calories.

I just wonder if you could cut your DDs to 600 calories if your body would accept an increase in UD calories, up to maybe 1,600 even... You are eating at a far lower calorie level than even most women do and doing some great exercise. I just don't want you to damage your health or your metabolism or body overall. Just a thought, 'cause you said you're eating really low cal, low carb, low fat, etc..... So not really doing Atkins, nor really doing JUDDD either. I'm concerned for you and just want success for you.

Edited: Just wanted to add that maybe if you cut calories a bit further down on your DDs, your appetite would be a bit more and accept a bit more food on your UDs, since you said your appetite is nil now in ketosis.

Last edited by SoHappy; 09-29-2011 at 09:33 AM..
Old 09-29-2011, 11:10 AM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

Pat,
I am going to give it a whirl. Thanks again for taking the time to type up the advice.
Thanks
Old 09-29-2011, 12:33 PM   #39
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Quote:
Pat,
I am going to give it a whirl. Thanks again for taking the time to type up the advice.
Thanks
Good luck! Try following Pat and Beebs advice for a fortnight, or even a month...do it by the book...and see how JUDDD really works for you.

keep us posted!

hugs
Jo
x
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 01:45 PM   #40
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Pat,
Thanks
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 05:54 AM   #41
Major LCF Poster!

Well back down to 228 this morning, so that is 7 days and not 1 pound lost. I am just going to keep at it. Have a good day
Old 09-30-2011, 07:27 AM   #42
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Well back down to 228 this morning, so that is 7 days and not 1 pound lost. I am just going to keep at it. Have a good day

It is so hard when we try our hardest, and get no visable rewards at the end of it! Well done for not giving up

I am having one of those times at the moment too...fingers crossed we will both see some results soon.

And, as Sohappy said to me earlier, try to focus on the health benefits of this woe, as well as the weight loss...sometimes easier said than done, I know...but I am trying!

hugs
Jo
x
Old 09-30-2011, 09:25 AM   #43

Quote:
The part I'm zeroing in on is the *back down* part of your statement. Now it's just a matter of nudging a bit more loss down from there.

And a week with no loss? That's happened to me too. And I'll venture to guess it's happened to most all dieters at one time or another, particularly as they get their weight down lower and lower to goal. Lots of folks can tell you of having a week without any loss out of every month of their weight loss journey. But overall, they still lose.

Wish we could just count on it melting off as quickly at the end as it does in the beginning, like we could just melt down to the weight we want to be - fast - and then come to a screeching stop and maintain at that point. Period. The End. Happily Ever After.

Alas....

If you aren't adding in any more carbs at this time, you shouldn't be having any water weight retention from carbs in your diet, in which case I'm inclined to think it's some water weight retention in your muscles from the hard workouts and exercise program and sports you've been engaging in lately. And if that's the story, that is temporary. The water weight will be shed, weight loss as shown on the scale will resume.

And as you build muscle body mass and shed fat, the scale my be very slow to show in weight loss the true transformation your body is undergoing. But your mirror may show you a truer picture of what is going on!
Old 09-30-2011, 09:55 AM   #44
Major LCF Poster!

Well I went to the gym and for the first time I just did not have it in me to work out. I figure my body needs a rest day anyway. I am upping my calorie count today also. No extra carbs just more calories. I feel that it is just water weight. My clothes are not any more loose, but It just has to be working. The only way to turn a strip purple is to burn your own fat, and my strips are deep purple. Of course I still see a big gut in the mirror, but honestly it is smaller than before. Like I said I am going to give the body a break today, eat a few more calories on this Up day and see what happens. Pat thanks again for the encouragment and problem solutions. It gives me something to think about, and lets me put some of my crazyness to bed. Will let you now how it is going in the morning.
Thanks,
Old 09-30-2011, 10:10 AM   #45

Quote:
Well I went to the gym and for the first time I just did not have it in me to work out. I figure my body needs a rest day anyway. I am upping my calorie count today also. No extra carbs just more calories. I feel that it is just water weight. My clothes are not any more loose, but It just has to be working. The only way to turn a strip purple is to burn your own fat, and my strips are deep purple. Of course I still see a big gut in the mirror, but honestly it is smaller than before. Like I said I am going to give the body a break today, eat a few more calories on this Up day and see what happens. Pat thanks again for the encouragment and problem solutions. It gives me something to think about, and lets me put some of my crazyness to bed. Will let you now how it is going in the morning.
Thanks,
Yeah, see how it goes for the next week. A single day doesn't tell us much one way or another, regardless of whether weight goes up or down or remains stable, and even a week doesn't tell us much.

But I'm glad you're giving your body a rest today.

And the belief that the only way to turn a strip purple is to burn your own fat is not considered true or a belief to rely on, sadly. It's not that the strips are not an accurate measure of excess ketones (which is what these strips actually measure...ketones show up in the urine when they are in excess of what the body needs for energy), it's that they can't distinguish between ketones produced from burning body fat... from ketones produced from burning the fat consumed in your diet. Both processes produce ketones when dietary carbohydrate is very low.

Some people don't even turn the strips much at all, but they lose weight! And some people have dark strips, because they are usually under hydrated. Or very slight color changes, because the urine is very diluted from the dieter drinking lots of water. Or the strips turning purple because the body is making ketones from all of the dietary fat consumed, in fact so much consumed in the diet that there is little body fat being burned at all.. just ketones from dietary fat being burned for energy. So most of us finally decide to save our money on the strips. They can detect the presence of ketones, unless the urine is pretty diluted, but they can't tell us if the ketones are from dietary fat or body fat.

Last edited by SoHappy; 09-30-2011 at 10:11 AM..
Old 09-30-2011, 12:23 PM   #46
Major LCF Poster!

Pat,
I always wondered that. I will use up the last of these strips and be done. I did beleive that the only wat to turn them purple was to use your own body fat not dietary fat. And I will try NOT to cut out dietary fat now. I average about 60-80 grams of fat a day, sometimes more but never less. When I did this Woe before, I would usaully cut back on my fat to 12-20 grams a day after week 2. But almost every were I read says you need more than that to keep it at least a little balanced. I think I am doing more than enough, and am convinced now, due to you Pat, that what I am doing is going to work. I will wake up on one of the next few days and have dropped some poundage.

Thanks again,
Old 09-30-2011, 12:41 PM   #47

Quote:
Pat,
I always wondered that. I will use up the last of these strips and be done. I did beleive that the only wat to turn them purple was to use your own body fat not dietary fat. And I will try NOT to cut out dietary fat now. I average about 60-80 grams of fat a day, sometimes more but never less. When I did this Woe before, I would usaully cut back on my fat to 12-20 grams a day after week 2. But almost every were I read says you need more than that to keep it at least a little balanced. I think I am doing more than enough, and am convinced now, due to you Pat, that what I am doing is going to work. I will wake up on one of the next few days and have dropped some poundage.

Thanks again,
From your typing fingers to God's Ear!
Old 10-01-2011, 05:48 AM   #48
Major LCF Poster!

The stall continues. I did up my calories yesterday, so the DD today will finally kick this thing in. 8 day stall is a mental trauma to me. I am going to stick with it. Heading to the Gym for a 2 hour work out, then back home. It is finally 59 degrees this morning, so nice outside. Will have to do a bunch of yard work when I get home from gym. Have a good one, Praying the stall will be over tomorrow.
Old 10-01-2011, 06:00 AM   #49

Quote:
The stall continues. I did up my calories yesterday, so the DD today will finally kick this thing in. 8 day stall is a mental trauma to me. I am going to stick with it. Heading to the Gym for a 2 hour work out, then back home. It is finally 59 degrees this morning, so nice outside. Will have to do a bunch of yard work when I get home from gym. Have a good one, Praying the stall will be over tomorrow.
I know from personal experience how frustrating a stall is. How absolutely maddening it is. And how, if you're me, it makes you just want to throw yourself on your bed and bawl. Well, OK.. maybe not quite that bad, but it's really, really disappointing to step on the scale each morning and see NO weight loss.

I hope you are still confident that it will happen though. I believe in you, and I believe in the effectiveness of the JUDDD plan. Put the two together and how can you fail? (Other than it never goes as fast as we think it should, want it to, and need for it to happen. LOL)
Old 10-01-2011, 08:51 AM   #50
Major LCF Poster!

Whew!!! Hit it hard today. Did the stair machine for 60 minutes at 80 percent heart rate. Aerobic for sure. Then 25 minutes weights and 10 minute abs also. I do not see how it is not falling off, but I know it will soon enough. My metabolism has got to be through the roof with all this exercies. I am going to spend about 3 hours in the yard today tearing out a old flower bed that the drought took out this summer. That is some back breaking shovel work. But nice thing is due to this diet I have the energy, and the workouts are giving me the stamina to get it done. Pat again thanks for all the kind words. How is your plan going? Enough about me......and my whinning. LOL
Old 10-01-2011, 09:26 AM   #51

Quote:
Whew!!! Hit it hard today. Did the stair machine for 60 minutes at 80 percent heart rate. Aerobic for sure. Then 25 minutes weights and 10 minute abs also. I do not see how it is not falling off, but I know it will soon enough. My metabolism has got to be through the roof with all this exercies. I am going to spend about 3 hours in the yard today tearing out a old flower bed that the drought took out this summer. That is some back breaking shovel work. But nice thing is due to this diet I have the energy, and the workouts are giving me the stamina to get it done. Pat again thanks for all the kind words. How is your plan going? Enough about me......and my whinning. LOL
You aren't whining. You are documenting factually your weight loss journey, now on JUDDD. And despite the fact that the typical journey includes some stops along the way.. *stalls*.. we eventually get to the end of the trip, and it's fun to arrive. But also, don't forget to enjoy the trip as you head for your eventual destination.

And I think the hard work you are doing toward attaining your goals is inspirational for the rest of us. You are making the choices, putting out the blood, sweat, and tears, and laying it all out here for us to witness. That takes a lot of guts, but it also will be here for someone else. The journey you take and document now is like leaving a path for someone else to follow. When they read about your struggle, it will give them heart. When they read about your success, it will give them resolve. You'll get there, You can't help but get there. And they'll know that they can too.

And as for me, I am in maintenance at this time. Happy, happy, happy. I don't make mention of what I was or where I am right now, or even where I maybe should be. Suffice it to say, I was obese and unhappy about it after spending much of my life as a naturally 'quite slim' lady. I did a lot of diets. Overall with poor results. I discovered low carb and latched onto it for dear life. I lost initial water weight and then little below that. I kept at it for ages and ages, by the book, true to the plan, almost never even a slight cheat, and it didn't work for me. I dieted most of the weight I've lost the old fashioned way.. with calorie restriction. I restricted myself smaller, and restricted myself down to a much slower metabolism too. I'd read with interest about the calorie restriction studies, so when I heard about JUDDD it was easy to wander in the door. And find that it was the answer I had been looking for! Everything I'd been unhappy about with every other diet was addressed by this simple plan. And that's my little story. I'm still a bit overweight.. might just stay here forever though. But, then again, maybe one of these days I'll decide to lose a bit more. When you're my age, with every pound lost come a new wrinkle in the face. Somewhere in there you reach the place you think of as your compromise. Where it's OK enough. LOLOLOLOL

Sorry you have to dig up a ruined flower bed. Hope next year the weather that has affected this very large nation and even continent is better. While areas have baked and withered up, others have been deluged and washed away. Tough year one way or another in a lot of places.

Last edited by SoHappy; 10-01-2011 at 09:30 AM..
Old 10-01-2011, 09:55 AM   #52
Major LCF Poster!

kempmuhlbauer Your workouts sound amazing! I am in awe of your stamina and perseverance! Your hard work cannot fail to pay off....it is such a shame it is taking longer than you would wish.

Sohappy....your weight loss is such a mirror of mine! Lost most of my weight on low cal/low fat...ending up having to eat very little..I am sure my metabolism was battered too!

Then read up on low carb..embraced it 100%, lost a bit of water, a little weight, and not much else.

Heard of juddd via the lovely Linda > , and have taken it to it like a duck to water! just hope I keep mirroring you in the weight loss aspects too!

hugs
Jo
x

"Eat today for the clothes you want to wear tomorrow!"
Old 10-01-2011, 10:44 AM   #53
Major LCF Poster!

Pat,
Glad to hear you are doing so well. I will enjoy the ride the best I can. Once my goal weight is reached I plan on starting a more true straight Juddd diet. Including more good carbs. I am about to start on that bed after the Texas a and m aggies get done beating arkansas. Gald to know your plan Pat. Thanks Joedi for your kind support, and best of luck to you also. Talk to you guys soon.
Old 10-01-2011, 10:52 AM   #54

Quote:
Pat,
Glad to hear you are doing so well. I will enjoy the ride the best I can. Once my goal weight is reached I plan on starting a more true straight Juddd diet. Including more good carbs. I am about to start on that bed after the Texas a and m aggies get done beating arkansas. Gald to know your plan Pat. Thanks Joedi for your kind support, and best of luck to you also. Talk to you guys soon.
Hey! We've got the A & M game on here too. We're big Big 12 fans. Go Aggies!
Old 10-01-2011, 01:04 PM   #55
Major LCF Poster!

What a heart break again. It is hard to watch sometimes. Dang Aggies!!!!! It is all Shermans fault.
Old 10-01-2011, 01:21 PM   #56

Quote:
What a heart break again. It is hard to watch sometimes. Dang Aggies!!!!! It is all Shermans fault.
Yeah.. and you've got to play them again next year too probably.. right?

They started off great. One of those *near and yet so far* games.
Old 10-02-2011, 05:39 AM   #57
Major LCF Poster!

Well the stall continues. No worries clothes are fitting better. Going to Blacksburg, VA for the week, leaving Tuesday come back Monday. Going to the Miami, Vt game saturday. They have the best turkey legs at the games and that is on plan. Not eating my mother in laws gourmet food will be the hard part all week. Anyway just checking in, about to head to the gym and hit it hard again. I did not get to that bed, was to depressed after the aggie loss.
Old 10-03-2011, 05:40 AM   #58
Major LCF Poster!

The stall may be over down 1 pound to 227 this morning. God I hope so. 11 days of no weight loss is mental trauma. Anyway have a good one.
Old 10-03-2011, 07:00 AM   #59

Glad to hear your scale showed you a little loss as of this morning.

My gut feeling about your results is that at first, you lost weight pretty easily because your muscle mass was remaining pretty much as usual, and you were on a *diet*.. so you were losing fat, and the loss was being reflected on the scale.

And as you've continued to diet, you have continued to lose fat, but you are now exercising so much, and so hard, that at the same time you have continued to lose fat, you have also been building muscle. And the weight of that gained muscle fiber is countering your ongoing weight loss of body fat.. thus no weight difference being shown to you by the scale. It can only show you how much weight is standing there, not what composition is making up the weight.

If you continue to eat right, feed your body healthfully, control your calories on DDs and give your body ample calories on UDs without exceeding your calorie ceiling, and especially if you continue to work out, I expect one of these days the fat will be gone, and what will be seen will be the new you.. not just slim, but cut and BUFF!
Old 10-04-2011, 05:21 AM   #60
Major LCF Poster!

Lost another pound on the scale this morning. Feels good to have all the hard work start showing on the scale.

Well off on vacation today to Blacksburg, VA to visit the inlaws and catch the VT, Miami game on saturday. Will try and keep posting while there. They have a at home gym so I should be able to keep up the workouts. Not eating my mother inlaws gourmet cooking will be the toughest. Happy days to all.