Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   MY DAUGHTER APPROVES!! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/736438-my-daughter-approves.html)

Beeb 09-20-2011 01:38 PM

MY DAUGHTER APPROVES!!

THIS ^^^^ is a miracle in itself! :jumpjoy: She NEVER approved of my WOE, especially when I would eliminate whole food groups like I did on VLC.

She is Vegan, but not because she doesn't like meat/fish/dairy, but because of how they are processed and treated. When we went to the small town in Italy that my friend is from, she ate everything there. When I asked her why she pointed and said "Look! I can SEE the cows, chicken and KNOW that these animals are treated well and are not a "factory made" product"! She has always tried to steer me away from eating these "factory made" products because of what they can do to my health. Being a meat/fish/dairy eater this was a tough thing for her to do. She said I didn't eat enough veggies/fruits and she would worry about me. :console:

She did research after I told her I was starting JUDDD. She ALWAYS does this when it comes to food and different ways of eating and she called me today to say she is "very pleased with my new WOE (JUDDD) and she approves 100% percent"! She said all the facts about JUDDD points to good things for me in my health future and she is encouraging me to "stick with it"! She is "extremely glad" that I am now eating so many veggies/fruits, as I am also!! :D

Well, she doesn't need to encourage me to stay with JUDDD, I'm a "lifer" now, but it's good to know that the "food guru" DD approves! :up::clap:

Cruzcrzy 09-20-2011 01:54 PM

Linda, yeah!!!:high5::jumpjoy::jumpjoy::sing:.

ouizoid 09-20-2011 01:57 PM

so hard to get isn't it!?

SoHappy 09-20-2011 02:00 PM

:laugh: Glad she is happy about it for you. :clap:

dazygyrl 09-20-2011 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beeb (Post 15020806)
THIS ^^^^ is a miracle in itself! :jumpjoy: She NEVER approved of my WOE, especially when I would eliminate whole food groups like I did on VLC.

She is Vegan, but not because she doesn't like meat/fish/dairy, but because of how they are processed and treated.

so she doesn't approve of YOU eliminating entire food groups, but it's ok for her to...id: doesn't eat meat...? how does that work? :confused: i never did understand that about vegans and vegetarians b/c i have heard that "elimination" argument before.

it's nice that she can give her approval now, though. :up:

SoHappy 09-20-2011 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dazygyrl (Post 15020930)
so she doesn't approve of YOU eliminating entire food groups, but it's ok for her to...id: doesn't eat meat...? how does that work? :confused: i never did understand that about vegans and vegetarians b/c i have heard that "elimination" argument before.

It's not quite the same, though. Low carbers (many of them) nearly eliminate all carbohydrate from their diets and rely on the remaining two groups of of foods only.. protein and fat. Even Dr. Atkins called it an unbalanced diet (just unbalanced in the opposite direction from that of most Americans) and he strongly advised people supplement their diets for that reason.

Vegans don't eliminate any of the three nourishment facets. They eat from all three... carbohydrate, fat, and protein. They just choose to eat vegetable proteins and fats rather than animal proteins and fats.

Beeb 09-20-2011 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dazygyrl (Post 15020930)

I think you could have missed the part of my post that said she does this for "moral' reasons and WILL eat these foods when she knows WHERE they come from and how they are processed. I tend to agree with her on this, and I now look for meat/fish/dairy that I KNOW is not "factory made", as she puts it. :D

Beeb 09-20-2011 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ouizoid (Post 15020861)
so hard to get isn't it!?

You know it! :stars::mad: ^^^^^ THIS is why I'm so happy she likes my WOE!! :up: What I really like the best is the research she did and the findings she was telling me about. It seems our JUDDD way of eating is one of the best way to eat for optimum health and longevity! :jumpjoy:

Doggygirl 09-20-2011 04:05 PM

Awesome - that DD approves AND that she liked the research!

Thanks for sharing!

DG

Joedi 09-20-2011 04:18 PM

She sounds like a very sensible-and healthy - girl! Wonder if she will be tempted to try juddd after what she has learned through her research?

Do you know what, in particular she found? I would be very interested to read it too!

Hugs
Jo
X

Beeb 09-20-2011 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joedi (Post 15021204)
She sounds like a very sensible-and healthy - girl! Wonder if she will be tempted to try juddd after what she has learned through her research?

Do you know what, in particular she found? I would be very interested to read it too!

Hugs
Jo
X

I have asked her for the links, she promised to send them over and when she does I'll be sure to post them! :high5:

Joedi 09-20-2011 05:52 PM

Thanks! Will keep an eye out for them!
X

dazygyrl 09-20-2011 06:12 PM

ah...thanks for the clarification, beeb and sohappy.:)

BonnyLass 09-21-2011 07:40 AM

:heart:Spent a lot of time on LCF last night. Yesterday was my first day back at work and it was pretty dicey. I get home at midnight and found it hard to sleep so went lurking around. The internet is a good tool and has it's purpose but... All I'm trying to say is this place really is kind of special. I felt pretty good went I finally hit the hay at about 4am.
The mornings have been beautiful here in Upstate NY. I mentioned getting serious about using a holistic approach to getting better(in addition to all the meds for now) so I did buy the anti inflamatory spices at my local Indian Market. Not a true fan of those spices but enjoyed dinner anyway. Not so much JUDDD'ing right now, really just trying to keep to as low carb as possible while on Prednisone(Dr called, 80mgs wk 1, 60 wk 2, 40 the following and so on until I am off so I'm looking at almost two months on this stuff).Do you know how much weight I could gain in that amount of time? Forget it, it's not going to happen.
Went for a bike ride to the Farmers Market this morning and got some Pablano peppers, cauliflower(am going to try the Fauxtatoes this week)and beautiful red garlic. Lurking yesterday really helped me find inspiration. Doc also prescribed a water pill to take every other day to help with the bloats. This is the first time I really feel this Prednisone will help me without the bad side effects because I have control over how I respond to what it does to me( I have a brain, I have a choice!) and sticking to LC at this time is the only way to win this battle.
I have to go to respitory therapy twice a week to try and increase my lung capacity. It was pretty neat and I actually did my breathing excercises while riding my bike this morning, awesome!I don't know why I resist excercise when I always feel so much better after I do it.
Again, thank you, thank you, thank you all.xxooxxoo
I want to thank everyone for the well wishes, it really does mean a lot.:heart:

SoHappy 09-21-2011 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonnyLass (Post 15022860)
:heart:Spent a lot of time on LCF last night. Yesterday was my first day back at work and it was pretty dicey. I get home at midnight and found it hard to sleep so went lurking around. The internet is a good tool and has it's purpose but... All I'm trying to say is this place really is kind of special. I felt pretty good went I finally hit the hay at about 4am.
The mornings have been beautiful here in Upstate NY. I mentioned getting serious about using a holistic approach to getting better(in addition to all the meds for now) so I did buy the anti inflamatory spices at my local Indian Market. Not a true fan of those spices but enjoyed dinner anyway. Not so much JUDDD'ing right now, really just trying to keep to as low carb as possible while on Prednisone(Dr called, 80mgs wk 1, 60 wk 2, 40 the following and so on until I am off so I'm looking at almost two months on this stuff).Do you know how much weight I could gain in that amount of time? Forget it, it's not going to happen.
Went for a bike ride to the Farmers Market this morning and got some Pablano peppers, cauliflower(am going to try the Fauxtatoes this week)and beautiful red garlic. Lurking yesterday really helped me find inspiration. Doc also prescribed a water pill to take every other day to help with the bloats. This is the first time I really feel this Prednisone will help me without the bad side effects because I have control over how I respond to what it does to me( I have a brain, I have a choice!) and sticking to LC at this time is the only way to win this battle.
I have to go to respitory therapy twice a week to try and increase my lung capacity. It was pretty neat and I actually did my breathing excercises while riding my bike this morning, awesome!I don't know why I resist excercise when I always feel so much better after I do it.
Again, thank you, thank you, thank you all.xxooxxoo
I want to thank everyone for the well wishes, it really does mean a lot.:heart:

Wow, Bonnylass! This is such an inspirational post. I love that you are taking such absolute control of your life, your health, and your diet. It really makes me more enthused to do the same for myself. I'm like most, I suppose, in that I get lackadaisical about many facets of my life. I take things too much for granted sometimes. But your resolve in addressing your own health and diet is really motivating me too. :up:

I hope you continue to feel better as these weeks go on. Good food is always the smart choice, and I sure do like going to the Farmer's Markets too! Fresh, yummy locally grown produce always hits the spot. But I sure don't ride a bike there. I'm impressed with you. :high5:

I use the spices too. I even have an old salt shaker filled with turmeric, and I use that sprinkled on lots of things. On salads, for instance, it's salt, pepper, and turmeric. :)

Glad you're here. And glad LCF was there for you last night. Oh, and what do you actually have to do for *breathing exercises*? I do floor exercises, various calisthenics, etc. some stretching exercises, hand weights, and some special but simple exercises for my back each day. I'd love to add some breathing exercises, just for their overall benefit to my health.

Hang in there! I think you're doing a wonderful job addressing your health needs and taking care of yourself! :hugs: