Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Does Anyone Do An Unlimited UD? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/735919-does-anyone-do-unlimited-ud.html)

Joedi 09-16-2011 02:38 PM

Does Anyone Do An Unlimited UD?

Just been wondering this, as I was browsing the main boards.

Quite a few l/c'ers, especially those maintaining, or near goal, have a "treat" day...and count nothing, just eat what they want.

Now, I know that with juddd, this is largly unneccessary, and you can "eat what you want" every other day!:jumpjoy:

BUT...most of us DO have an UD calorie limit, and a lot of us stick to low or moderate carbs.

So, I was wondering, does anyone have a kind of no counting UD? perhaps on christmas, or a birthday? Where you DONT watch your calorie ceiling, OR your carbs?

Just curious!:confused:

hugs
Jo
x

Beeb 09-16-2011 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joedi (Post 15009959)
Just been wondering this, as I was browsing the main boards.

Quite a few l/c'ers, especially those maintaining, or near goal, have a "treat" day...and count nothing, just eat what they want.

Now, I know that with juddd, this is largly unneccessary, and you can "eat what you want" every other day!:jumpjoy:

BUT...most of us DO have an UD calorie limit, and a lot of us stick to low or moderate carbs.

So, I was wondering, does anyone have a kind of no counting UD? perhaps on christmas, or a birthday? Where you DONT watch your calorie ceiling, OR your carbs?

Just curious!:confused:

hugs
Jo
x

I do this every Friday or Saturday, depending on what day my UD falls on, because these are the days I eat out with DBF so I'm NEVER sure of the cals in things. I just "eyeball" :eek: it and try to only eat half the meal, sometimes a little more, but never the full meal because I also like to have dessert on these days. :o I have tried to guess at times what the cals would be, and I'm sure I get close, and they are usually pretty over my allotted UD calories BUT the sweetest thing about JUDDD is tomorrow is ALWAYS a DD and I can be a little more careful to make up for that :dunno:calorie UD! :clap:;)

Maryo 09-16-2011 06:13 PM

I've seen SoHappy refer to an Up Up and Away Day (I laugh every time I see it), but I think that's an occasional overindulgence rather than having no limit on an UD.

SoHappy 09-17-2011 08:51 AM

Guilty. And this morning I register higher on the scale than I have in quite awhile... all because I've been somewhat more relaxed about my calorie ceilings this week, and completely relaxed about yesterday, which turned the planned (and needed) DD into one of those Up, Up and Away Days that Maryo just mentioned.

I know that my excess weight as of this morning is maybe an actual pound of fat and the rest will be water weight. I'm not too upset, as I knew in the back of my mind what I was doing, and I knew what the probable outcome would be. Nevertheless, it illustrates to me the value in weighing every morning (for myself) so that I'm drawn up short by the results of my sin, and also, I constantly realize the value of checking into LCF and our JUDDD forum, even on days I'm running ragged, because it keeps me from forgetting to focus on my food choices. I'm one of those *Out of Sight, Out of Mind* types... If I didn't come to LCF and JUDDD every single day, I'd wake up one day far in the future and find I'd strayed many, many pounds from where I wished to remain.

So while I do occasionally have the overindulgent Up Day, one far above my calorie ceiling, they aren't the usual UDs. I'm very happy with my body weight right now, somewhat plump though I still am, and I really like the JUDDD plan for managing my weight maintenance. And that calls for respecting my calorie ceilings. And in exchange for that more-than-reasonable requirement, I really am thrilled with the foods I get to eat.

E.W. 09-18-2011 07:04 AM

I am combining Fast5 and JUDDD. That is I am doing JUDDD but still restrict my eating to
a 5 hour window. I am not limiting my food on Up Days at all. I don't know how ofton I
planed to start a strict diet and lose this weight and either not start it or fall off it in a couple of days. So while I would lose faster if I did limit my calories on a up day at least
this way I don't feel deprived and am losing some. But it might not work for you

Doggygirl 09-18-2011 08:03 AM

So Happy, I really appreciate the wisdom of your post.

E.W., I've been reading about the various iterations of IF and it's so good to know that what you are doing is working. For my DDs, I am leaning towards trying something more like what you are doing - limiting my DD eating to a time frame - mainly because I think it will work better for me to eat later in the day rather than start early and try to spread it out. Good to see you are getting results - congratulations!!!! Slow loss is the best loss I think. I've always wanted fast loss before, and I was never able to maintain that for more than 15 months or so. Good luck to you!

DG