Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Its FRIDAY! What Are You Eating Today? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/735918-its-friday-what-you-eating-today.html)

Joedi 09-16-2011 02:30 PM

Its FRIDAY! What Are You Eating Today?

DD for me today!

B - Warm Vanilla gluc pudding 64 cals

L - Chicken shirataki noodle soup 66 cals
1/2 coffee dd muffin - 28 cals

S - 100g carrot battons, 6 cherry tomatoes 44

D - Stir fry with shiritaki noodles & tuna 184 cals

S - 1/2 DD coffee muffin 28
Choc n peanut gluc pudding 90

Total:
510 cals
13 fat
33 carbs
59 protein

Hope you all had a good day, up or down..let us know what you have been eating! :eggs:

hugs
Jo
x

Beeb 09-16-2011 03:28 PM

UD for me!!! :jumpjoy:

B....Fiber One English Muffin with large egg, piece of sausage and FF cheese......Used butter on the muffin and a tsp of bacon grease in the pan for the egg......394 cals

L.....Homemade Tomato Soup with 4 homemade croutons, and 2 slices of toast......261 cals (the toast may up most of these calories at 140 cals for 2 slices. Wish they had the low cal bread around here! :cry:)

Total for right now.......655 Cals leaving me about 1000 for dinner, give or take a few cals.

No idea about dinner but maybe Mexican or Thai. I'm so NOT hungry, so I will probably just do apps for my main dinner at either place. And then a low fat and sugar free ice cream (if there is room! ;))

Joedi 09-16-2011 05:41 PM

Tomato soup... one of my fav comfort foods, and something I haven't had since starting lc..... will need to get my recipe books out!

Mexican food sounds fab, too! And you can actually get sugar free ice-cream in a RESTAURANT?? That's awesome. I wish our restaurants would follow suit!

Enjoy the rest of your UD!

Hugs
Jo
X

itsmeshelly01 09-16-2011 06:53 PM

DD today. I was a little worred about going to lunch with friends today. We ended up at freddies steakburgers! They didn't have salads at al, burgers and ice cream, fun fun. I noticed they had a grilled chicken sandwich so I asked them if they could just put burger fixins on the plate and the chicken on top. The manager asked if I wanted a salad and I told him I would love one. He was wonderful. He cut up lettuce for me and added tomato, jalapemos, pickles and onions and the cut up the chicken breast breast and put it on top. It looked perfect. I put some cholulu hot sauce on it and I was good to go.

So breakfast was a half a zucchini and a salmon pouch. 100 cals
The chicken breast was prbably 160 cals an not much for the rest
Dinner was 2 cups romaine, half cup mushrooms, 1 cup broccoli, 1 egg and a tuna pouch and o ca dressing. About 200 cals, not even that much so I stayed well under my 600 limit today even with going out o eat. Woohoo

I can't wait for my UD tomorrow.

TLH 09-23-2011 04:09 PM

Field trip day w/ DS.

Lunch~Deli Slice Turkey Breast~100
Sugar Snap Peas~70

Supper~ 3 oz Hamburger~145
Laughing Cow Mozz Cheese~35
Miracle Whip~57
Tomato~16

Snack~Banana~105
Walden Farms Chocolate Sauce~0
Whipped Cream~15

Total~590

Going to Wisconsin to get apples tomorrow with a girl friend! No kids!! So glad it's an up day. I'll bet you will be seeing me eating a lot of apples in the near future!

SoHappy 09-23-2011 04:17 PM

I'm having an amazing Down Day.

This morning I enjoyed 3 mugs of coffee, each with 2 tbsps of half & half. I haven't experienced any hunger or appetite until this last little bit, so had a hard boiled egg and a little wedge of light cheese. I have another egg peeled and ready for later, and have a couple more wedges of cheese for later too, but...

That will only bring my calories up to 343, so if I'm not hungry for much of anything else, I think I will just enjoy this day of near-fasting and give my digestive system a break!

What is it about JUDDD that ends that *run away train* kind of appetite? Interesting effect of this calorie cycling plan. All I can say is, I certainly do appreciate it! Finding my appetite so completely under control is a Godsend for me.

(Silly me.. :p I posted this in the Thursday menu thread so had to copy and paste it here.)

Rachelocity 09-23-2011 04:23 PM

I'll repost, too! All the cool kids are doing it!

Pat, my theory is that it's because we were physically and emotionally satisfied the day before that gives us the ability to power thru a DD. Averaging the calories of the UD and the DD, we get two normal-ish days, right? So there's a carry-over from the UD to the DD, and I can't wait till the book arrives so I can see whether this is just my fanwank or actual facts.

My menu: Breakfast was 1/2 a muffin, a banana and cawfee! Lunch didn't get eaten till 3:00-ish because I had to go to the airport cargo terminal to pick up my cousin's kittehs, who she had to rehome because of severe allergies. It consisted of a bagel thin, two slices of FF cheese, a red pepper and a yogurt. Dinner was a chicken breast simmered with veggies, tomato sauce and Coke Zero, served over polenta. Now I'm full for the evening, but there's a tad bit of Coke Zero left with my name on it. And maybe Max the new cat will surface from under the couch. Fugee is hissing and moo-ing whenever he tries (I have the only moo-ing cat on the planet!) but they'll work it out.

Tomorrow's a MD and Sunday is my first UD, with my niece's 16th b-day celebration at a Greek restaurant that has the. best. fried. calamari. on Earth. Yup, I've researched this!

AnnF 09-23-2011 06:06 PM

Up day for me!

B: Pumpkin almond milk egg cream
L: Spinach salad with grilled chicken, veggies and blue cheese dressing & a FIber One brownie bar
D: Hamburger with cheese and mayo on a bed of lettuce
S: SF jello topped with whipped cream & a tablespoon of peanut butter

Calories and carbs: 1687/33

Beeb 09-23-2011 07:00 PM

UD for me!!

B.....Light english muffin with 1 1/2 slices of bacon, a bit of butter, tea w/half and half........229 Cals

L...Grilled cheese w/deli ham sandwich w/english mustard made with ghee and butter....370 Cals

D....Potato Gnocchi w/ 1/2 meatball covered in tomato sauce, 2 slices garlic bread, side salad with caesar dressing.......765 Cals (biggest UD dinner I have had yet! :))

S....Cranberry almond thins, 1/2 Pumpkin Donut, 1 Oatmeal cookies, cup coffee w/half and half.....350 Cals

Total....1714 Cals. I'm 110 Cals over for my UD, but I had a good DD yesterday, under my normal cals by 148, so I had a little to play with tonight and BOY OH BOY did those gnocchi taste like HEAVEN!! :aprayer: It's been years since I had this pasta and I enjoyed EVERY BITE!!! :clap:;)

Beeb 09-23-2011 07:03 PM

WTG MISS PAT!!! :jumpjoy::clap::up::high5::shake:

And Rachel I agree with your post, makes perfect sense to me!! :D

LuvLatte 09-23-2011 08:41 PM

DD for me:

Breakfast: coffee w FF HH
Lunch: pineapple, miracle noodles and greenoodles
Snack: spaghetti squash and pineapple
Dinner: laughing cow on the way home from Costco, a few bites of Costco combo pizza.

Total cal 671.

Going to bed early. Hiking tomorrow. Will be UD and I'll have a nice slice of pizza on the mountain, :)

itsmeshelly01 09-25-2011 04:35 AM

This was my refeed day.
Started out with 1 cup kashi golean cereal with 1/2 a banana cut up over it and almond milk. Pumpkin muffin from duncan donuts....yummy!!!!!! is all i can say!!
Went to the gym for my depletion workout.
while at the gym had a muscle milk
came home made a protein shake and ate the other half of the banana and a few bites of my high carb, high protein bar
went to the fair, shared a corn dog with SO, shared a philly cheese steak, so not worth it!!! Had a bowl of wonderful homemade vanilla ice cream, shared some...lol Sampled wine and had a pretty nice happy buzz when i left that building. Had a light beer, some samples fo a few things, fudge, different dips and jellys
came home at the rest of the protein bar. had 3 pieces of salt water taffy
dinner was a 6" turkey and ham sub with whole wheat bread, very low fat, it was nice eating the whole wheat bread.
Ended the day the same as i began with 1 cup kashi go lean cereal, half a banana and almond milk.
forgot the piece of struedel, pretty small piece
overall pretty good high carb day. I will be tweaking the refeed to have different things i still crave once in a while. I think next time im going to ihop for some whole wheat pancakes!!!
Right back on track on saturday