Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Maintenance Experience, Tell Us Yours! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/735486-maintenance-experience-tell-us-yours.html)

Beeb 09-14-2011 08:33 AM

Maintenance Experience, Tell Us Yours!

OK, you guys know I'm doing maintenance so I thought I would post my finding here as they come along and I would LOVE for others to do the same on this thread. I think it will help all of us, getting to, almost there or in maintenance to see what others have and are doing to stay there! :high5:

My finding so far:

If I eat my maintenance calories for DDs of 825 to 850 I will stay my same weight. If I eat 800 or below I will lose. THIS^^^ is how it's been since I started Maintenance 2 weeks ago. The UD calories stay pretty much the same but sometimes I go a little "over". ;)

These finding are very good because I am finding that if I over do it on an UDs I can lower the calories on the next DD to below 800 and I will lose any weight I've gained from an :stars: crazy UDs I may have.

It really is a simple approach and seems to be working amazingly well for me! :up:

Maryo 09-14-2011 08:37 AM

Interesting. I'm still over 30 pounds from maintenance, but I'll be watching this thread. Do you find any correlation between how much over you go on your UDs and how much lower you need to go on DDs?

Beeb 09-14-2011 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maryo (Post 15002034)
Interesting. I'm still over 30 pounds from maintenance, but I'll be watching this thread. Do you find any correlation between how much over you go on your UDs and how much lower you need to go on DDs?

I'm still checking what you have mentioned here, but I'm thinking it could be the case. I just believe if I go over on my UD and then lower my DD the next day I'm losing any weight (water or otherwise) that I may gain on the over UD. Not sure, but going to keep track of this.....:dunno::cool:

Beeb 09-14-2011 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beeb (Post 15002063)
I'm still checking what you have mentioned here, but I'm thinking it could be the case. I just believe if I go over on my UD and then lower my DD the next day I'm losing any weight (water or otherwise) that I may gain on the over UD. Not sure, but going to keep track of this.....:dunno::cool:

And wanted to say and forgot to put in here that I think the calories just equal out this way, as they do on a regular UD and DD. I just makes sense to lower the calories on the DD when I know I have eaten more than I should on an UD so the calories will equal themselves out again, right? :confused:

Joedi 09-14-2011 12:01 PM

Thanks for posting! I really hope to be in maintainence soon. (my first weigh in tomorrow...and I am so scared I wont have lost, as I really like Juddd!)

In your opinion Beeb...do you think your success in Juddd is because, overall, your calories are lower than on higher fat L/c AtKins?
Or do you think that it is the metabolism boost and the sirt1(?) gene thingy that does it?

To me, on maintainence the DD's seem to act like brakes...stopping one high speed UD turning into two or more.

For me, this has always been the problem with traditional low fat calories counting diets...when I try to maintain....I never seem to know HOW...I just start eating too much of everything I have been missing..the weight creeps up...the diet starts again!

With juddd, it seems to me,...you havent had to miss any food....so there is no "urge" for missed foods...just the UD's to enjoy them, and the DD's to balance them.

Can you tell how much I like this woe...I am just praying it works for me, where l/c alone did not!

Sorry for the ramble...and I am so pleased you are eating with pleasure, and maintaining effortlessly...it is the goal of us all!

Hugs
Jo
x

Beeb 09-14-2011 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joedi (Post 15002794)
Thanks for posting! I really hope to be in maintainence soon. (my first weigh in tomorrow...and I am so scared I wont have lost, as I really like Juddd!)

In your opinion Beeb...do you think your success in Juddd is because, overall, your calories are lower than on higher fat L/c AtKins?
Or do you

To me, on maintainence the DD's seem to act like brakes...stopping one high speed UD turning into two or more.

For me, this has always been the problem with traditional low fat calories counting diets...when I try to maintain....I never seem to know HOW...I just start eating too much of everything I have been missing..the weight creeps up...the diet starts again!

With juddd, it seems to me,...you havent had to miss any food....so there is no "urge" for missed foods...just the UD's to enjoy them, and the DD's to balance them.

Can you tell how much I like this woe...I am just praying it works for me, where l/c alone did not!

Sorry for the ramble...and I am so pleased you are eating with pleasure, and maintaining effortlessly...it is the goal of us all!

Hugs
Jo
x

EXACTLY what your thoughts are saying here! Yes, I don't feel deprived because I know I'm going to be able to eat that piece of cake tomorrow, if I want! And when I did do the high fat/LC WOE I was always hungry, ALWAYS! Fat just added calories to my day, and never took away my appetite! So I ate more, and added more calories. Now my calories are more from leaner meats and veggies. I'm still not doing a high carb WOE, still what would be considered LC in under 100g on my UDs, but I'm just not hungry anymore. :clap:

BUT I also think think that it is the metabolism boost and the SIRT1 gene thingy, too. This WOE has started my metabolism back up, so much so I thought for a minute I could be sick with the way the weight was melting off! :stars::eek: But not the case, recent check up told me so, and Doc is so pleased with my numbers so I just got that sirt1 gene kick and it came in very well! ;)

DWhalen4 09-14-2011 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joedi (Post 15002794)

:goodpost::goodpost:

THIS!!!!!:clap::clap:

I have always been ass backwards so I had to figure out how to do maintenance before I could "continue" with the weight loss. I figured whats the point of losing it all just to gain it all back later?

With Judd I have already proved that I can maintain. I've been up and down the same 5#s for 3 weeks, this being week 4 and I hit a new low. I've had bad food, and A LOT of it :hyst::hyst:, in the last 3 weeks, but by balancing those up weekends with some very strict weekdays I was able to stop the train from leaving the station.

I think we all have problems with portion control or we would not be here. Its so very easy to turn one "up" day into an "away" week, month or year. Its so easy to say "I'll start dieting again next week, I have a party this weekend" etc etc. With Judd, that excuse doesn't fly. So you have a party this weekend, eat clean all week and enjoy your party. No guilt, no cheat, just staying on plan!!! :kicking::kicking::up::up:

Yep I'm maintaining, now back to the losers thread :hyst::hyst::hyst::hyst:

SoHappy 09-14-2011 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DWhalen4 (Post 15003158)
..........Its so easy to say "I'll start dieting again next week, I have a party this weekend" etc etc. With Judd, that excuse doesn't fly. So you have a party this weekend, eat clean all week and enjoy your party. No guilt, no cheat, just staying on plan!!!..........

This is so true. Most excuses for not following the diet plan just don't truly apply if you are doing JUDDD. Whatever special event is coming up is allowable and can be completely on your eating plan, if you've got your UD/DD rotation planned out, sometimes with the needed MD to make the day come out right.

If you want to be able to eat some fabulously wonderful meals that wouldn't be allowed on any regular diet plan, either low carb or low cal,

and you want to be able to eat foods that wouldn't normally be allowed on a diet plan, either because they are to high in carbs or they are too high in calories,

and.. in fact.. you just plainly don't even want to have to be on a diet, but would rather just be free to eat your way through life,

but you really want to stop the gain and even lose the excess weight, and maybe even end up being slim and trim,

then JUDDD is an awfully good answer. It gives you about the best blend of all those things while allowing you to actually lose weight. You have to do your DDs, and respect your UDs, but you really do have about the most freedom that any *diet* plan offers.