Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2011, 09:11 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: muffin_maiden
Stats: Doesn't matter/its a number/healthy
WOE: LC
Start Date: November 2011
HOW do they fit that many carbs in there??

I went to Chili's tonight with my boyfriend. I was well under my calorie limit for the day and had only had 10 carbs at lunch, so I thought I was safe. I did eat a few tortilla chips, only one tortilla with my fajitas and skipped the rest. I was still way under my calorie allotment for the day so we shared a brownie sundae. We got home and I checked the nutrition facts...189 carbs for one sundae??!! The entire thing was only *maybe* 4 ounces including the ice cream. How on earth did they fit so many carbs in there?? I only ate half but still...here I was thinking I was still under 100 for the day!
muffin_maiden is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-14-2011, 09:04 AM   #2
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by muffin_maiden View Post
I went to Chili's tonight with my boyfriend. I was well under my calorie limit for the day and had only had 10 carbs at lunch, so I thought I was safe. I did eat a few tortilla chips, only one tortilla with my fajitas and skipped the rest. I was still way under my calorie allotment for the day so we shared a brownie sundae. We got home and I checked the nutrition facts...189 carbs for one sundae??!! The entire thing was only *maybe* 4 ounces including the ice cream. How on earth did they fit so many carbs in there?? I only ate half but still...here I was thinking I was still under 100 for the day!
Milk, sugar, flour, THAT is how. All of these are very high in carbs so even a little bit, all mixed together, will give you a high carb count.
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 09:41 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Maryo
Stats: 220/127/120 5'5", 50+
WOE: Atkins/Primal
Start Date: March 2011 (restart)
Quote:
189 carbs for one sundae??!!
Good grief! I'd hate to see how many calories were in that sucker. 189 carbs is 756 calories, and you know there had to be plenty of fat in it also, at 9 calories per gram. Note to self: no desserts in restaurants.
Maryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 11:12 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryo View Post
Good grief! I'd hate to see how many calories were in that sucker. 189 carbs is 756 calories, and you know there had to be plenty of fat in it also, at 9 calories per gram. Note to self: no desserts in restaurants.
It was 1300 calories. Good thing my boyfriend finished half of it. Still, even with my carb indiscretion yesterday, I didn't go over my calories and managed to drop 2 pounds!
Old 09-14-2011, 12:41 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Thats fab Muffin..you had a treat...even a super high carb one, fitted it in with your UD...and still lost!

I havent had the courage to try anything high carb yet...but hopefully I will get braver.

Were you a slow loser with just low carb?

Hugs
Jo
x
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 01:28 PM   #6
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
It was 1300 calories. Good thing my boyfriend finished half of it. Still, even with my carb indiscretion yesterday, I didn't go over my calories and managed to drop 2 pounds!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 02:59 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedi View Post
Thats fab Muffin..you had a treat...even a super high carb one, fitted it in with your UD...and still lost!

I havent had the courage to try anything high carb yet...but hopefully I will get braver.

Were you a slow loser with just low carb?

Hugs
Jo
x
I was a slow loser in that I was always sneaking "off limits" food. I tried so hard to not cheat, but the longest I could manage was one whole month. I think I'll lose faster this way since I can have treats when I want them within reason and not feel bad about them the next day.
Old 09-14-2011, 03:00 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeb View Post
Thanks, Linda!
Old 09-14-2011, 06:02 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: itsmeshelly01
Stats: 260/150/162
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: eating lowcarb since 2005
You did awesome! Congrats on having a treat and still losing. I'm hoping for that at some point. My treats make me gain! Uggghhh
itsmeshelly01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 09:33 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Maryo
Stats: 220/127/120 5'5", 50+
WOE: Atkins/Primal
Start Date: March 2011 (restart)
Quote:
That's great that you stayed under your calories and dropped weight to boot! I'm still reeling at the 1300 calories, though. I had NO idea that a sundae would have so many. When I'm home I check things first, but not all restaurants post their nutritional information (and sometimes we end up at restaurants without checking). That's what scares me - it would be so easy to eat something at a restaurant that is absolutely loaded with carbs and calories and not realize how many there were. I eat 1200 calories on up days, so it wouldn't take much to put me over. Your post is a cautionary tale for me.
Maryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 11:26 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: E.W.
Stats: 312/310/ a lot less
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: restart again 10/27/2014
You might want to check that calorie count again. I looked it up from several
diferent sources and it looks like your numbers were way off. Like one of the results
I got were 1150 calories for a 14.25 oz one. So if yours was about 4oz then it was probably around 350 calories.
E.W. is offline   Reply With Quote