Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Its MONDAY! What are you eating today? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/735165-its-monday-what-you-eating-today.html)

Joedi 09-12-2011 09:28 AM

Its MONDAY! What are you eating today?

Hi everyone!

Had a bit of a disasterous UD yesterday....though not in the upward direction!
I was in a cooking mood...and decided to make Kevinpas's "Polly want a cracker" pizza base. I was delicious...I had three slices of pizza..and went to the gym a happy bunny! had some fruit slices after my workout...and got home not very hungry, but still in cooking mode.

Back to the site, and I find Ouizoids lf/lc Choc omm "oh, I think...I'll make that, for my DD tomorrow!" 5 mins later...and I am looking at a HUGE chocolate muffin...all warm and steamy...and a bit "fell off" so I had to eat it!

Well, that muffin didn't have a hope in hell of making it to my DD:hyst:...a cup of coffee later, and it was nothing but crumbs on a plate...and I am FULL!

On 70 calories! :stars:

That was at 7pm.....and I had NO inclination for dinner now.....so my UD cals ground to a halt at just over 1000! So much for my resolution to eat to my UD limit!

Mind you, that muffin is gonna be a DD godsend....have already made a parmesan & ham one & a rhubarb spice one for today...Yum! (and half is plenty!)

Todays Food

B: 1/2 a parmesan & ham LF/LC omm - 58 !/2 cup stewed rhubarb - 13

L- Portion of chicken veg & shiritaki noodle soup - 126
chai tea & 1/2 T hwc - 33

D- tuna & spinach mixed leaf salad with cucumber & walden farms bacon dressing - 134

S - 100g carrot sticks - 26
1/2 rhubarb spice lf/lc omm - 33
Butterscotch jello gluc pudding - 61

Total 484 cals
9g fat
36 g carbs
54 g protein

And havent been hungry ONCE!:high5:

hugs
jo
x

SoHappy 09-12-2011 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joedi (Post 14996094)
..........I find Ouizoids lf/lc Choc omm "oh, I think...I'll make that, for my DD tomorrow!" 5 mins later...and I am looking at a HUGE chocolate muffin...all warm and steamy...and a bit "fell off" so I had to eat it!

Well, that muffin didn't have a hope in hell of making it to my DD:hyst:...a cup of coffee later, and it was nothing but crumbs on a plate...and I am FULL!..........

:hyst: I am laughing so hard here!

Oh, well.. just count today as a Medium Day, and that gives you the choice of making tomorrow either an UD or a DD, whichever makes your week work out the best way for you!

(Still laughing)..... :laugh:

Joedi 09-12-2011 12:51 PM

Today was to be my DD...and it still was!

Was looking forward to the rest of my DD chicken noodle soup! Its so funny...I look forward to my DD food as much as I do my UD food..cos they are so different!

hugs
Jo

SoHappy 09-12-2011 12:54 PM

You know.. that very true! Now that you mention it, I realize that I look forward to my DD foods too, because I really like them, and mostly I don't eat those things except on Down Days. Interesting observation. LOL :)

Beeb 09-12-2011 01:56 PM

UD today and I had a nice Sushi lunch with a dear friend. It tasted wonderful, but I always want more, so Sushi is NOT something I will make into a weekly thing! ;)

Pork roast on the grill tonight with Dreamfields elbow mac salad, a nice tomato and greens salad, and I'm thinking of grilling some eggplant to go with everything else. I am in LOVE :love: with veggies again and just want more and more, UD OR DD! OH, and going to have grilled peaches with a "taste" of honey and some whipped cream for dessert tonight!!

I made a Apple Spice Cider Ouiz muffin last night and OMG, it was amazing!! Put a tbs of FF cream cheese, soften and then a bit of sweetener in there to make a "in the middle cream cheese frosting" for my muffin! I died and went to heaven!! :aprayer:

I love Joedi's idea of a savory one with meat/cheese and I'm going to try that tomorrow for my DD lunch! YUMMY! Thanks for the idea, Joedi!! I also love my DD foods and I love being creative with the calories I have!!!

AmyLiz 09-12-2011 02:22 PM

DD for me today - eating all my 500cals at dinner, which will be a bread-less philly cheese steak and a frozen mocha shake :)

Maryo 09-12-2011 02:39 PM

It's an up day for me today. This morning was totally hectic, so I didn't get breakfast.

Snack: 1 ounce of almonds

Lunch: chicken salad

Dinner: leftover pork loin and salad

I might have a pumpkin shake or something similar for dessert, too, since I think I'll only be at around 800 calories and 10 net carbs after everything else.

Joedi 09-12-2011 03:06 PM

How do you make an apple spice cider muffin, beeb? I can get apple cider here, but not the powder!
Let me know your take of the savoury one....I split mine, and toasted it...yum!

hugs
Jo
x

itsmeshelly01 09-12-2011 05:44 PM

DD for me today. Thank god after my weekend.

Started with my T of co. I have this every morning. 120 cals.
B. Half of an atkins bar. 180 cals total. I ate half in the other half later
L. 70 calorie salmon pouch
Baggie with 1 zucchini, 1 cucumber, 1 cup broccoli and 3oz carrots. 80 cals
D. Boiled egg, 2 cups spring mix, half cup mushrooms, sf maple grove farms dressing, and broccoli for one. 140 cals

a little over 600 for the day.
Didn't get hungry. So far so good. I like the atkins bar. I usually don't eat those or even buy them but they were on sale so I though I would try it on a DD and if I didn't like it fo a DD it will make agood UD snack. I like it today though. I like on DDs having things I don't have to think about much so the salmon pouch, the atkins bar and some veggies are great for work.

SoHappy 09-12-2011 06:44 PM

I enjoyed an Up Day today, just a fraction over 1,800 calories, but about as high in carbs as I've had in a long time.

B - fried egg on a slice of buttered toast, coffee w/half & half
L - bowl of homemade stew, from pork roast.. meat, potato, carrot, cabbage, with a couple slices Vienna bread

Mondays I do my loads of laundry, strip bedding & put on fresh linens, clean kitchen and scrub floor, etc.. so I wanted to order a pizza. Tried a Little Caesar for the first time because I heard I could get a $5.00 pepperoni pizza, which we tried. Not bad, but not nearly as good as the thin crust pepperoni pizzas we get from Papa Murphy's and bake at home!

And I had something I haven't had in a long, long time.. a Pepsi, complete with the HFCS!!! Boy, was it refreshing! LOL

Then, to complete my sugar high, I baked chocolate cake today for DH, and we each had a slice of a single layer, topped with chocolate pudding instead of frosting, and a glop of whipped cream from the can.

The Up Day calories weren't as high as I normally eat, but BOY, am I full! I don't know why fat never gave me a feeling of fullness, but the carbs do. ???

Anyway, I may gain about 5 pounds of overnight water weight from this. :eek: I don't eat this many carbs very often, but it sure was nice this evening. Now my work is done and my tummy is pleasantly full, and my mouth is happy from the tastes I'd been missing, and all is right with my world. I feel awfully good. I'll just have to grin and bear it in the morning when I see if I'm up several pounds in weight. :p

penguinpower 09-12-2011 08:21 PM

I was able to squeeze in a "sort of" DD today. Our dinner appointment was canceled at the last minute. I had kept calories sort of low all day in anticipation - I had enjoyed two cups of cantaloupe for breakfast and a chocolate protein shake for a late lunch. For dinner, DH opted to eat some leftover pork curry I had made over the weekend, and I decided to aim for a DD. I had a nice big tossed salad with some leftover chicken breast for my dinner, and then a berry shake just a little while ago. It looks like I came in around 650 calories which is lower than the 1100 I figured I'd have, and is my lowest day in about a week due to all the craziness that suddenly sprung up here. I'm feeling good!

Beeb 09-12-2011 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joedi (Post 14997180)
How do you make an apple spice cider muffin, beeb? I can get apple cider here, but not the powder!
Let me know your take of the savoury one....I split mine, and toasted it...yum!

hugs
Jo
x

I will let you know, thinking about your savory muffin tomorrow for a lunch thing. Anyway, I use the sugar free spiced cider mix for the muffin. Here is what I did: Leave out the chocolate ingredients and added some cinnamon, a shake of pumpkin pie spice, 1 tsp Ideal brown sugar and the keep the WF marshmallow fluff! The mix is like crystal light, a small tube package that is suppose to be mixed with water, but I just pour the mix in with everything else, then the spices, plus a bit of water along with the egg beaters and there you go! I posted this recipe in our JUDDD recipe thread! ;)

I'm thinking we should get a care package together for our JUDDD BUDDDs in the UK! You guys can't get anything over there, and this I know because I was just there in May and it was tough finding LC ingredients! :stars: