Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2011, 09:52 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: muffin_maiden
Stats: Doesn't matter/its a number/healthy
WOE: LC
Start Date: November 2011
Is regained water hiding losses from JUDDD?

So this is day 5 for me. I had lost 3 or 4 pounds the first day, though I had still been low-carb. Now I've gained them back. Is regained water weight hiding my losses from JUDDD since I'm no longer low-carb? I guess I'll have to wait a few weeks to see results on the scale. I will say that my pants are fitting a little looser today, though!

Today is a DD and for my one meal I had a bbq rice and chicken bowl: 1 cup parboiled rice with 6 ounces chicken, 1 T butter and 1/4 cup bbq sauce.
muffin_maiden is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-2011, 11:46 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
My guess is yes. I think you are eating quite a bit higher carb than most of us, and that is bound to create a bounce on the scale as you *regain* your *lost* water weight.

If you are only regaining water weight, that will come to a halt. If you continue to have gains, that is the heartbreaking sign that you are eating too many calories in addition to the carbs!

For myself, I know that I carry around some water weight that I could rid myself of if I did a strict induction and cut the carbs. Isn't going to happen. But I still don't eat at a real high carb level.. only mid-range. Most often 50 to 100.

But the thing about JUDDD is that it is completely up to us what we decide to make our meals of. We can remain very low carb, or moderate carb or go whole hog carb. JUDDD only cares about calories.
Old 09-09-2011, 11:59 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
My guess is yes. I think you are eating quite a bit higher carb than most of us, and that is bound to create a bounce on the scale as you *regain* your *lost* water weight.

If you are only regaining water weight, that will come to a halt. If you continue to have gains, that is the heartbreaking sign that you are eating too many calories in addition to the carbs!

For myself, I know that I carry around some water weight that I could rid myself of if I did a strict induction and cut the carbs. Isn't going to happen. But I still don't eat at a real high carb level.. only mid-range. Most often 50 to 100.

But the thing about JUDDD is that it is completely up to us what we decide to make our meals of. We can remain very low carb, or moderate carb or go whole hog carb. JUDDD only cares about calories.
Yeah, I probably should cut back on the carbs a little and I think I will once the first two weeks of "induction" on JUDDD are up. Right now I'm enjoying being able to grab something on the go if I need to since my school schedule and home life are extremely hectic right now. I'm hoping this new plan will still work even with the higher carb levels, though I have a suspicion that it would work better if I cut my carbs back to 20-30 per day.
Old 09-09-2011, 12:36 PM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
The only danger with *grab and go* foods is that it's sometimes very hard to know exactly how many calories are in the food you are choosing to eat, and also how carby it is.

But I sure do agree with you about the ease of grab and go foods when you're really rushed. I guess we could call them a dangerous convenience. LOL
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 12:46 PM   #5
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Muffin, I want to say that I really think you need to up your UDs calories and then you may start to see better results. If I remember correctly, you are keeping your UD calories way below what is recommended and I'm not sure that is a wise thing, as I have said on another thread/post.

It's just from my experience that I'm saying this because I have followed the calories for my UDs to the letter with wonderful results, as you know.

I really believe that Dr. J's formula works when we do it his way, for the most part on UDs. Even though I did up my DD calories by 200 more calories than he suggested, I think it still worked because I did the UD calories to the letter, no tweaks involved. I ate and still eat no less than 50 calories below my 1604 calories for my UD. Sometimes it's a stretch because I'm not that hungry, but I get them up to my minimum of 1550 somehow.

This is just my thoughts and suggestions, and nothing more.

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”

Last edited by Beeb; 09-09-2011 at 12:49 PM..
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 02:03 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeb View Post
Muffin, I want to say that I really think you need to up your UDs calories and then you may start to see better results. If I remember correctly, you are keeping your UD calories way below what is recommended and I'm not sure that is a wise thing, as I have said on another thread/post.

It's just from my experience that I'm saying this because I have followed the calories for my UDs to the letter with wonderful results, as you know.

I really believe that Dr. J's formula works when we do it his way, for the most part on UDs. Even though I did up my DD calories by 200 more calories than he suggested, I think it still worked because I did the UD calories to the letter, no tweaks involved. I ate and still eat no less than 50 calories below my 1604 calories for my UD. Sometimes it's a stretch because I'm not that hungry, but I get them up to my minimum of 1550 somehow.

This is just my thoughts and suggestions, and nothing more.
Thanks, Linda! I did eat all my calories yesterday...actually a few more than I should have. :blush: I'm going to just keep going, eating 500 on DD's and the perscribed 2600 on UD's. I can't wait till tomorrow's UD!!
Old 09-09-2011, 02:17 PM   #7
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by muffin_maiden View Post
Thanks, Linda! I did eat all my calories yesterday...actually a few more than I should have. :blush: I'm going to just keep going, eating 500 on DD's and the perscribed 2600 on UD's. I can't wait till tomorrow's UD!!
I am very interested if this will help so please post often to let us (me) know!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote