Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2011, 02:55 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SweetSugaree
Stats: 250/207/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: RESTART- 5/13/13
ATKINS/JUDD HELP PLEASE!

Hi everyone,
I need some JUDD help. I was wondering if I'm doing JUDD correctly. I understand the up day, down day, however I am lost how this is done with Atkins. I'm on induction, so far the way I'm doing it is eating what I want on my up day and only eating 500 calories on my down day.(of course with induction rules) Do I have to count calories on my up day and not go over a certain amount? I was wondering is this the correct way to do atkins/judd?
Also, I am finding myself bored on down days with food and not feeling full. Can I please get some low carb/low calorie ideas from you guys.

If anyone has any other advice for atkins/judd please chime in. I'm hoping I'm doing it right, but if not I want to know so I can start doing it the correct way.. Thanks in advance.. =0)

Mini Goals
Goal #1
Reach 230 LBS- Goal Achieved 6/7/13
Goal#2
Reach 220 LBS- Goal Achieved 7/1/13
Goal #3
Reach ONEderland-
SweetSugaree is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2011, 02:59 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JKat
Start Date: December 2003
Hi...There is a separate JUDD thread under Weight loss plans. Alot of great recipes and advice over there.
JKat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 04:47 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: itsmeshelly01
Stats: 260/150/162
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: eating lowcarb since 2005
Definitely check out the juddd thread. There are quite a few of us that lc with juddd. I eat more veggies on DDs because of the bulk and it keeps me full longer. Some people eat more protein. There are tons of great recipes over there. You can ask tons of questions and get some great advise.
itsmeshelly01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 04:48 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Maryo
Stats: 220/127/120 5'5", 50+
WOE: Atkins/Primal
Start Date: March 2011 (restart)
SweetSugaree- are you fairly well established on Atkins, or did you just start/restart induction? My advice to you (assuming you're just starting) may not be what you want to hear. If I were you, I would get established on Atkins first. Get through induction. Follow the Atkins rules - by the book. Get into ketosis, and hopefully get those appetite suppression benefits. Many people lose well without counting calories when they first start Atkins. I did Atkins for about 4 months before I started JUDDD, and actually tried JUDDD (while still eating Atkins-style low carb) in order to break a stall. Now that I've lost quite a bit, I have to pay a LOT more attention to calories than I did when I was first starting out, and JUDDD helps a lot with that. I personally think it's too hard to try to meld two very different diet plans when first starting out.

That said, the low cal/low carb foods I eat on my down days that come to mind include homemade protein shakes made with no carb/no fat protein powder and unsweetened almond milk, lots of salad with no calorie, no carb Walden Farms dressing, veggies (without butter), stir fries (without much oil), lean meats, egg white omelets with plenty of vegetables, Fage nonfat Greek yogurt, sugar free jello and shirataki noodles. If you go over to the JUDDD subforum, you'll see a thread on down day menus/recipes that will give you plenty of ideas.
Maryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 06:13 PM   #5
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
I'm going to suggest you do Atkins first, if you are inclined and THEN after you are through with induction on Atkins, start JUDDD, if that is what you want to do. JUDDD is not a LC WOE, but many of us who have done LC still apply some of the LC "rules" to our JUDDD WOE.

You need to give one or the other a fighting chance to get you going and losing. I think doing both will cause you to give up or not get the weight loss that can come from either of these good way of eating plan.

Please do check out the JUDDD site online. Also, get an Atkins book if you don't have one. You may find that following just one plan right now is the BEST plan for you, at the moment.

Hope this helps!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 08:03 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SweetSugaree
Stats: 250/207/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: RESTART- 5/13/13
Thanks for the info guys. Now that I've read more and read your posts I see I wasn't doing this quite right and I was confused. I thought people did JUDDD and Atkins together, I didn't know this was two separate diets people were doing. I have done Atkins before and it works well for me, I think I will do Atkins and try JUDDD if I stall or Atkins Stops working. Thanks so much for all you help and getting me to understand what people were actually doing. I'm glad I asked.
SweetSugaree is offline   Reply With Quote