Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2011, 08:14 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Maryo
Stats: 220/127/120 5'5", 50+
WOE: Atkins/Primal
Start Date: March 2011 (restart)
New (to me) Discovery - Pumpkin Shake

I found a recipe for a pumpkin shake on LCF last night, and made my version of it this morning. I'm sure many folks on this board have been making pumpkin shakes for ages, but it was new to me and so yummy I wanted to share in case any of my fellow JUDDDers haven't tried this one yet.

Anyway, the recipe I saw called for 1/4 cup HWC (frozen), 1/3 cup canned pumpkin (frozen), 1 egg, 1/2 cup water, 1/4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice and sweetener. I don't need the calories from HWC, even on an up day, so I substituted a cup of unsweetened almond milk for the HWC and water. I also added a scoop of no fat/no carb vanilla protein powder, and I sweetened with 1 tbsp. of DaVinci vanilla and 1 tbsp. DaVinci pumpkin pie syrup. I usually add ice cubes to my shakes, but since my canned pumpkin was frozen, I didn't need to. The result was delicious, and if you like pumpkin you're bound to like this. It was milkshake consistency and very filling. It was about 220 calories (100 more than my normal protein shake due to the pumpkin and the egg), but if you don't want/need the extra protein and leave out the protein powder, it would be about 140 calories. Well worth it, IMO.

Last edited by Maryo; 09-06-2011 at 08:15 AM..
Maryo is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-06-2011, 08:31 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
That sounds wonderful, Mary. I don't have any vanilla protein powder, but could still fashion some sort of pumpkin shake just as a filling yummy treat and for the nutritional benefit of the delicious pumpkin.

Thanks for bringing this to us. I'll bet a lot of folks here will be making pumpkin shakes now. There's a morning chill in the air these days here. Perfect timing for the starting season.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 08:44 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Maryo
Stats: 220/127/120 5'5", 50+
WOE: Atkins/Primal
Start Date: March 2011 (restart)
Pat - the original recipe didn't call for protein powder. I added it because I sometimes have trouble getting enough protein. I'm sure it would be just as delicious without it.
Maryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 09:27 AM   #4
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Rachelocity
WOE: Fitbit/My Fitness Pal
Start Date: Every day I'm shuffling
This sounds good! I'd use ground spices instead of the DaVinci syrup because that's what I have in the house, or maybe an envelope of the Alpine SF Apple Cider mix for added flavour. If I used a Weight Watchers smoothie mix, I'd be drinking something that would be as good as a Blizzard from DQ, I bet!
Rachelocity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 09:20 PM   #5
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
This sounds wonderful and I may try it on a UD because I have found that drinking some of my calories for a DD just doesn't do it for me. I'm SO hungry afterward that it's just not worth it.

BUT, I pumpkin and will be trying this on the next, chilly UD that I have! (I say chilly because I want that "fall" feeling when I drink this pumpkin shake! )
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote