Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2011, 05:45 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: muffin_maiden
Stats: Doesn't matter/its a number/healthy
WOE: LC
Start Date: November 2011
Holy cow! I'm a believer now!

Yesterday was my first DD. Let me preface by saying it wasn't a *true* DD because I ate around 1000 calories instead of my planned 500. My body also must have been craving fat of some kind because I woke up and had a midnight snack of olives and almonds.

However...I'm down 3 pounds since yesterday! From 257.8 to 254.8!!

I can't wait to see what the difference is after my next DD!!
muffin_maiden is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-06-2011, 06:15 AM   #2
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by muffin_maiden View Post
Yesterday was my first DD. Let me preface by saying it wasn't a *true* DD because I ate around 1000 calories instead of my planned 500. My body also must have been craving fat of some kind because I woke up and had a midnight snack of olives and almonds.

However...I'm down 3 pounds since yesterday! From 257.8 to 254.8!!

I can't wait to see what the difference is after my next DD!!
WTG!! SEE, I told you ( and the rest of the LCFs world ) how great this WOE is!! SO glad you are getting great results and it only gets better and better, believe me!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 06:30 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeb View Post
WTG!! SEE, I told you ( and the rest of the LCFs world ) how great this WOE is!! SO glad you are getting great results and it only gets better and better, believe me!
Linda, do you stay LC while on JUDDD? I've heard some people don't, but I'm trying to stay under 30g per day even on DDs.
Old 09-06-2011, 07:08 AM   #4

Quote:
Linda, do you stay LC while on JUDDD? I've heard some people don't, but I'm trying to stay under 30g per day even on DDs.
Nope, not staying VLC anymore, but am still what I would consider LC....100g or less, usually less. I have actually taken the carb counts out of my Fat Secret food journal because carbs were never my problem, but the lack of the "good" carbs (what I call veggie/fruit/brown rice/whole grain "good" carbs) were my problem and why I was gaining weight. The lower the carbs, the more I was gaining back. Only when I upped the carbs then did the weight just melt off of me. Fat did the same thing as VLC did, and the more fat I ate the hungrier I became and the heavier I was getting. UDs are on the higher end of my carbs, DD on the lowest end and usually around 50 or 60g.

This is what works for me, and I'm not saying it will work for you, but the beauty of JUDDD is we have lots of wiggle room to find WHAT works for us!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”
Old 09-06-2011, 07:24 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Maryo
Stats: 220/127/120 5'5", 50+
WOE: Atkins/Primal
Start Date: March 2011 (restart)
Muffin - I'm one who stays low carb on JUDDD, although I think many others just stick with moderate carbs. I choose to stay low carb for two reasons - first because I get the appetite suppression effect, and that helps a lot on down days, and second because low carb has really worked for me and I see no need to mess with that success. I've just gotten to the point in my weight loss where I have to reduce calories to continue losing, and JUDDD works with low carb for that.
Maryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 07:54 AM   #6
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Way to go, Muffin! You're going to love what JUDDD can do for you!

I do JUDDD at a moderate mid-range carb level. I was not a happy person on low carb and I didn't seem to be a recipient of its wondrous benefits. I didn't feel better, and I didn't lose weight. I stayed true and very low carb. It just didn't work for me, nor make me feel good.

Now I feel great, both mentally and physically, and love my meals and everything I choose to eat. I'm mostly moderate carb, but on JUDDD I also get to enjoy some of the foods I'd missed like crazy. Those foods that people *CHEAT* with on very low carb plans are perfectly legal on JUDDD. The only way you can cheat here is if you go over your calorie limits, and that cheat can really halt any weight loss you might have been able to have, so we're pretty careful to stay within our limits for the most part. And the magic happens and the fat melts away. LOL

Glad you here with us! Good start!
Old 09-06-2011, 01:10 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
I am so pleased you are seeing results already...

Perhaps 500 is a bit low to start off with...it was for me...so I "allow" myself 700 cals a day....most times I dont use all of them..but I like to know they are there if needed! (like now, with tom being due!)

Like sohappy, I hardly lost on L/c...though I enjoyed the foods...never got any energy either...I had more on high carb low fat!

I dont plan on ever going back to high carb though...for me it leads to binging, bulimia and weight gain..not good!

My carbs seem be 50 ish so far on DD's..all the veggies , and about 30 on UD's. I had been doing much lower before juddd....and I hope to do higher occasionaly on my UD's.....trying to get the courage to dip my toe in the higher carb waters!
There is a scone out there with my name on it!

I am hoping, for me, Juddd will be they way forward, to losing these last few lbs without tanking my metabolism!

Keep us posted on your progress, and let us know what you have been eating...we are nosy beggars here!

hugs
Jo
x

"Eat today for the clothes you want to wear tomorrow!"
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 06:48 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

I think I went a little too far up on my UD tonight. Ate at Chevy's, which is my favorite place to eat. I had one taco, one tiny enchilada, two chicken flautas and some rice. I did exercise today, so that burned off about 500 calories though. :P
Old 09-07-2011, 01:19 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Doesn't sound too bad! What's your UD limit?
And 500 cals in exercise is fab!
On my tracker it automatically subtracts your exercise cals from your eaten cals, so it looks like you have eaten less than you have- lol!
I don't take it as that, but it's good to see!
Hugs
Jo
X
Old 09-07-2011, 05:17 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedi View Post
Doesn't sound too bad! What's your UD limit?
And 500 cals in exercise is fab!
On my tracker it automatically subtracts your exercise cals from your eaten cals, so it looks like you have eaten less than you have- lol!
I don't take it as that, but it's good to see!
Hugs
Jo
X
My UD limit is 2982, which is really high! No way I could eat that many calories in homemade food every other day! I'd have to eat at the Cheesecake Factory every other night. My DD calories are around 600, but I'd like to keep them around 500. Today is a DD and I'm planning on eating a ton of grilled chicken breast, lettuce, and feta cheese.
Old 09-07-2011, 06:41 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
My UD limit is 2982, which is really high! No way I could eat that many calories in homemade food every other day! I'd have to eat at the Cheesecake Factory every other night. My DD calories are around 600, but I'd like to keep them around 500. Today is a DD and I'm planning on eating a ton of grilled chicken breast, lettuce, and feta cheese.
I noticed on another post, the op had exactly the same thought...those cals are WAY to high!
Then she rechecked...and saw next to her weight the KG box was ticked, not the pounds!

Just a thought!

Have a good DD!

hugs
Jo
x
Old 09-07-2011, 09:02 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I noticed on another post, the op had exactly the same thought...those cals are WAY to high!
Then she rechecked...and saw next to her weight the KG box was ticked, not the pounds!

Just a thought!

Have a good DD!

hugs
Jo
x
Nope, I rechecked and it was in pounds. I guess because I exercise 6 days a week they have it higher. I'm not worried about going over that limit, though. I'll probably stay around 1500 cals on my UD's.
Old 09-07-2011, 10:16 AM   #13

Quote:
Nope, I rechecked and it was in pounds. I guess because I exercise 6 days a week they have it higher. I'm not worried about going over that limit, though. I'll probably stay around 1500 cals on my UD's.
I am going to suggest you try to do what the formula suggested. It really does work, even though we think it's too many calories for an UD. I don't exercise AT ALL and my UD calories are 1604. Your calories are high because you work out a lot, and I think they are probably just what is needed for an UD. Remember the next day will be a DD and there is to be a much lower calorie intake on that day. I know they are giving you a lot of calories, but please try to get close to that because it really does work with the suggested calories. Tweaking a few 100 calories more or less would probably be fine but you are taking away almost 1400 calories and I don't think that is a good idea to make this plan work the way it's support to.

Just my opinion, and nothing more.
Old 09-07-2011, 03:18 PM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Did you try lower cals at first beeb?

Or did you stick to your alloted amount from the beginning? Whatever you did, it worked!

I think its instinctive in most dieters to think "the less the better". I know I find myself doing it on UD's, and have to stop and think "you dont have to do that..not today!"

It almost feels counter productive to be allowed so much nice food!

hugs
Jo
x
Old 09-07-2011, 05:18 PM   #15

Quote:
Did you try lower cals at first beeb?

Or did you stick to your alloted amount from the beginning? Whatever you did, it worked!

I think its instinctive in most dieters to think "the less the better". I know I find myself doing it on UD's, and have to stop and think "you dont have to do that..not today!"

It almost feels counter productive to be allowed so much nice food!

hugs
Jo
x
I stuck to the "rules" for my UDs of 1649 calories and I tried very hard to get right up to there. Some days I didn't make it, but the days I did I loss the best on the next DD, according to my journal. I did up the DDs calories from 500 to 700, as everyone knows, because I know Beeb and Beeb WOULD not have made this WOE stick if I was hungry in the beginning and 500 calories just seemed like I would be hungry. Now I have a hard time getting to the 700 when I really need to eat my maintenance calories of around 825/850. I'm just not hungry on my DDs anymore, but I am still sticking to the "rules" because I know they work.

I too use to think "less is better" but I quickly learned that I lost the best when I really did what Dr. J suggested.
Old 09-07-2011, 05:33 PM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

You did the right thing by weighing every day- so looking back you could see what was working! I weighed at the start of juddd, but haven't weighed since, 8 days later!
Two reasons... Tom is due (late!) and I am somewhat bloated around the middle..and, and I know this seems daft.... I am really starting to like this woe... And am rather worried I will be a bit gutted if it hasn't worked for me!

( I liked low carb, and was disappointed that I hardly lost on it.)

I would be happy with 2 or 3 lbs a month.... If I HAVE lost a little, I will then start to weigh regularly.

Thanks for the advice!

Hugs
Jo
X
Old 09-07-2011, 06:21 PM   #17

Weighing every morning keeps me "honest" and on top of what is working and what is not. The scale is only a number, I know, but it was only when I saw everyday that the number was going up that I knew I had to do something about my WOE. If I didn't weight daily I would have been shocked when I weighed in finally to see how much I had actually gained!

Seeing the number go up, one pound a day or so at a time, everyday, made my decision to find another WOE much more easy and me more determined to figure out the problem.

I wanna suggest you weigh soon. Only by doing this will you see if this WOE is working for you or not.

Just my opinion, and nothing more!
Old 09-07-2011, 08:11 PM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for all the replies! Today was my first real DD with only 500 calories, so you can bet I'm going to be eating a ton more tomorrow than I normally would! I am just wondering when to start the UD...at midnight or when I wake up? Technically I started the DD at midnight last night since I had my last bite of food about an hour before. I have only had a peanut butter sandwich and a diet Dr Pepper today. It wasn't intentional to eat only that, but I was so busy I didn't have time for much else. I didn't even get that until almost 10!! I'm so hungry right now I could chew off my left arm! Lol
Old 09-07-2011, 08:53 PM   #19

Quote:
Thanks for all the replies! Today was my first real DD with only 500 calories, so you can bet I'm going to be eating a ton more tomorrow than I normally would! I am just wondering when to start the UD...at midnight or when I wake up? Technically I started the DD at midnight last night since I had my last bite of food about an hour before. I have only had a peanut butter sandwich and a diet Dr Pepper today. It wasn't intentional to eat only that, but I was so busy I didn't have time for much else. I didn't even get that until almost 10!! I'm so hungry right now I could chew off my left arm! Lol
I start my day when I wake up, BUT if you are a night person, start your day whenever you want. I think it doesn't really matter as long as your are ending that day 24 hours later at the same time you started it. Just a guess, but I think this is right.