Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2011, 06:33 PM   #1
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Is Buying The Book Worth It?

Am wondering if those of you that have the JUDDD book could give me a review on it. I am thinking of buying it because I see it has DD recipes, but I hate to waste money if it's not worth it.

Thanks all for you honest reviews!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-05-2011, 09:21 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Restart: July 14,2014 Restart
Ha! I just went to barnes & noble to look for it tonight. They didn't have it... I am going to put a hold on it at the library tomorrow if it is not on the shelf.
I will be looking back here to see what others say. Thanks for asking...
Low Carb Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 03:07 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Redeemed
WOE: low carb - 1400 calories
I had the book at one time. People don't seem to hang on to Dr. J's book. You can buy it pretty cheap on amazon. There have been a couple of people giving his book away on other JUDDD threads because the "nuts and bolts" of the JUDDD diet can be found on Dr. J's website. There are a few testimonies from people who have lost weight on JUDDD and an assortment of low calorie recipes added to the book. That's about all. There may be a little science behind the diet, but I can't remember. I think there are better recipes on these JUDDD recipe threads here on this LCF forum. Dr. J. does stress in the book that JUDDD is about calories only, and not about carbs. So, some of the people on LCF may not find the recipes in his book interesting.

ETA: Okay, now I remember. The book explains a little more about the SIRT1 gene that Dr. Johnson claims is activated during induction on JUDDD. This is supposed to be the longeviity gene that boosts metabolism, and supposedly has a host of health benefits. His theory is based on studies done on mice and not on humans. However, there have been several JUDDDers on LCF who claim their asthma improved on JUDDD. Also, I think it is in the book where you can find Dr. J's caution to people with blood sugar issues who want to try the diet.

Last edited by Redeemed; 09-06-2011 at 03:41 AM..
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 03:53 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
I bought it, and, tbh, although it does explain the sirt1 one gene, if u r doing the diet, and enjoying it, you won't gain any more knowledge from it than from the website , or from here.
There r some recipes... but I found them a bit high cal, 241 for a meal is quite a bit for someone on 500 a day. They can also be quite high in carbs 30 plus for some! AND not one dessert.. Lol!
He supports the" lots of whole grains" theory too.
I got the book at the start of my juddd, but even so, I didn't learn anything much, and it's tucked away on my bookshelf... If I need to know something juddd wise, I can find it here!

Hugs
Jo
X

"Eat today for the clothes you want to wear tomorrow!"
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 04:43 AM   #5
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Rachelocity
WOE: Fitbit/My Fitness Pal
Start Date: Every day I'm shuffling
I'm waiting for the book, because I want to read about the SIRT1 gene in detail. Aside from that, these threads are enough in terms of both info and motivation to keep me going!
Rachelocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 05:10 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: E.W.
Stats: 318/297/ a lot less
WOE: Fast5
Start Date: restart again 1/17/2014
As Redeemed said you can ofton find it cheap on Amazon. Right now I think they have a few used ones for about $5 and that includes shipping!
E.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 06:16 AM   #7
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Wonderful response here to your question, and I agree with them. Read it at your library if you really want to. The info is on the website.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 06:19 AM   #8
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Thanks everyone! I think I'll ask Santa for this book in my stocking! My DBF will be happy to have something to add to my Christmas list that he always has problems with!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote