Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   It's Monday! What are you eating today? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/733927-its-monday-what-you-eating-today.html)

Joedi 09-05-2011 02:42 AM

It's Monday! What are you eating today?

Morning all!
Today's an UD for me, so not all planned out- I just wanted to start the thread!

B - coffee n cream
L - visiting a Greek restaurant ... So not sure yet
D - tbc
S - tbc ( but will include a l/c strawberry muffin!)

Will edit this properly tonight!

Happy eating all!

Hugs
Jo
X

itsmeshelly01 09-05-2011 06:04 AM

I made sohappys french toast for breakfast. Wonderful!

1 slice of spelt bread toasted and cut in half. 40 cals
2T liquid egg whites mixed with 1T almond milk. 15 cals
2T maple grove farms sugar free syrup. 15 cals
3 small strawberries. 10 cals
I used a little bit of olive oil spray and fried the bread and then put the syrup on top. It was really good.

I made up some soup for lunch and just to sip on if I get hungry.
1 can chicken broth, half cup water and half cup almond milk.
Half a zucchini, 1 cup broccoli, 2 slices red onion, and a few chunks of butternut squash, about half a cup, added some spices and let everything get soft. I pureed it and made 2 good size bowls.
Dinner will be 2 cups spring mix, 2 boiled eggs, half a tomato, and half cup mushrooms. Ill use maple grove farms sugar free rasberry vinagrette.

My day will be right around 500.
Hopefully I will stick to this....lol. I will I will I will!

SoHappy 09-05-2011 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itsmeshelly01 (Post 14975938)
I made sohappys french toast for breakfast. Wonderful!

1 slice of spelt bread toasted and cut in half. 40 cals
2T liquid egg whites mixed with 1T almond milk. 15 cals
2T maple grove farms sugar free syrup. 15 cals
3 small strawberries. 10 cals
I used a little bit of olive oil spray and fried the bread and then put the syrup on top. It was really good.

I made up some soup for lunch and just to sip on if I get hungry.
1 can chicken broth, half cup water and half cup almond milk.
Half a zucchini, 1 cup broccoli, 2 slices red onion, and a few chunks of butternut squash, about half a cup, added some spices and let everything get soft. I pureed it and made 2 good size bowls.
Dinner will be 2 cups spring mix, 2 boiled eggs, half a tomato, and half cup mushrooms. Ill use maple grove farms sugar free rasberry vinagrette.

My day will be right around 500.
Hopefully I will stick to this....lol. I will I will I will!

Whaaaaaaa...... I didn't think of putting strawberries on my French Toast yesterday! :( :laugh:

Sounds like you have a good DD menu planned out for today, Shelly Next time I'm in the mood for this breakfast, I'm going to remember the strawberries. LOL

SoHappy 09-05-2011 09:49 AM

Today I'm enjoying an Up Day.
My breakfast is as follows, and will apparently turn into my evening snack, as I just haven't been hungry yet for any breakfast, but I enjoy something in the evenings. So breakfast/evening snack is:

1/4 c dry oats, cooked in 1/2 c water.. 1 tbsp brown sugar & 1/4 c almond milk
1 egg, fried over easy w/1 pat of butter
1/2 c plain yogurt w/1/4 c blueberries
1/2 c orange juice
3 mugs coffee w/3 oz. half & half (I guess these coffees have been breakfast this morning.)

****** says 496 calories

SoHappy 09-05-2011 09:55 AM

Ready to eat my Up Day lunch.

Salad... as I prepare it, I weigh each ingredient out on my scale and adjust in my ****** program, up or down slightly from my earlier ****** entry as I planned my menu there. So..

8 oz lettuce, 2.8 oz tomato, 1 oz red pepper, .6 oz onion, 4 oz chicken thigh meat, .8 oz cheddar cheese shred, and 2 tbsp Lighthouse blue cheese dressing

****** says 526 calories

Rachelocity 09-05-2011 12:00 PM

Today is my DD, WW style (Points Plus are the #s at the end):
B: Egg white omelette (1/2 c. egg whites, spaghetti squash & a few sliced 'shrooms): 1
Coffee/milk: 1
1 slice WW bread: 1

L: 100 g. fake crab mixed with FF cucumber dressing & wasabi: 2
2 slices WW bread: 2
Cuke & 1/2 red pepper: 0
Diet soda: 0

D: Chicken breast: 4
Shirataki noodles: 1
Veggies, tomato sauce (over the noodles, of course!): 0
Fruit: 0

Snack: Microwave popcorn: 2

My food experiment idea, for feedback: If I were to mix Walden Farms PB with WF Chocolate Dip, do you think it would be Nutella-like?? I'll let you know my impression, because I'm off to try and score the PB. Dipping an apple into this would be heavenly, IMHO!

SoHappy 09-05-2011 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rachelocity (Post 14976959)
..........My food experiment idea, for feedback: If I were to mix Walden Farms PB with WF Chocolate Dip, do you think it would be Nutella-like?? I'll let you know my impression, because I'm off to try and score the PB. Dipping an apple into this would be heavenly, IMHO!..........

I use the WF Peanut Butter spread too, and the only thing I've noticed about it is that it is so light in flavor. So if my calories can stand it, I mix 1 tbsp real peanut butter into 2 tbsps of the Walden Farms stuff, and that seems to be enough to give me a whole lot more flavor but without having to use much real peanut butter.

Unless it's an Up Day... then it's just lots of the real stuff!!! :D

Be sure to come back in here and let us know how your brilliant idea goes! :laugh:

Joedi 09-05-2011 01:30 PM

Well, heres my UD total! (tried to edit my original post, but couldnt see how to do it!

B - coffee n cream
1 egg
1 0z feta
Low cal shake
490 cals

L - (at restaurant..had to guestimate using ************..the portions were quite small!))
Hot king prawns (about 6)
Salmon Kabab with Salad (about 1 fillets worth)
Asparagus (6 spears)
Olives (about 20 :blush: )
558 cals

S - (just nibbled for the rest of the day...I am a real grazer!)
1 oz pork scratchings
1 oz macadamias
100g cottage cheese
1 homemade l/c blueberry muffin
100g greek yog with 1 T sugar free maple syrup
709 cals

Total

1751 cals
112 fat
30 carbs (net)
91 protein

I feel this is quite respectable calorie wise, and should provide a nice balance to my 650 ish cals tomorrow.
( being a nerd I worked it out...35% of 1751 is 612...so that gives me something to aim for!) :)

Tommorows DD = 1 week for me on Juddd :clap:

hugs
Jo
x

Maryo 09-05-2011 02:58 PM

Today is a down day for me.

B: Protein shake - almond milk (40 cal, 3 carb); protein powder (80 cal, 0 carb)

S: Mozzarella stick (85 cal, 1.1 carb)

L: Salad - 3 cups red leaf lettuce (13 cal, 1.9 carb), 3 oz. tomato fresh from my garden (15 cal, 3.3 carb), 1 tbsp. bacon bits (25 cal, 0 carb), hard boiled egg (72 cal, .4 carb), Walden Farms dressing (0 cal, 0 carb)

So far that's 330 calories, 8.7/5.9 total/net carbs

I haven't decided what to have for dinner yet - I've only got 170 calories left. I'm thinking about a plain ol' turkey burger, which is exactly 170 calories and will get my protein for the day up to where it needs to be. I normally wouldn't have a snack on a DD, which is why I'm running short on dinner calories.

SoHappy 09-05-2011 03:35 PM

Great DD menu, Mary. Red leaf lettuce and a fresh garden tomato salad sounds great!

Beeb 09-05-2011 05:12 PM

DD for this JUDDD girl and here is what I ate: (my cals for my DD are more now, 825 because I'm maintaining which is in between 50% and 55% according to the JUDDD formula)

Breakfast: 1/4 cup of eggbeater for an omelet with sauteed onions and 1 piece of bacon on 1 slice of rye toast, tea w/half and half......175 calories

Lunch: 1 small tomato, sliced, with salt, pepper and 2 tsp parmesan cheese drizzled with 2 tsp balsamic vinegar......46 calories

Dinner: Grilled mixed veggies (yellow and red pepper, baby eggplant, onions, corn on the cob and green beans), homemade tomato/mushroom marinara sauce, 1/2 a grilled Perdue small boneless chicken breast sliced and put on top of spinach fettuccine shiritaki noodles..........244 calories... w/ 1 serving Thai Cucumber Salad....43 calories for a grand total of 287 calories.

Snack so far: 5.2 oz cantaloupe melon w/ 1 tbs 0% Fage Greek Yogurt.....75 calories.

Total for today so far is......652 calories which includes 69 calories for 2 cups of tea and 1 cup of coffee, all with half and half (1 cup had FF half and half, the other 2 did not). I am thinking of a snack later, but not sure because I'm still stuffed from dinner. Maybe about 100 calories more +/- if I'm hungry later. Can have more calories and just am not hungry! :doh::laugh:

SoHappy 09-05-2011 05:24 PM

Wow! Good job! :)

Nice that the reward for holding to our high and our low calorie ceilings while we're losing weight is that... in maintenance the ceilings can be raised! :laugh:

Did you nudge up your UD ceiling too, or just the DD calories at this time?

I'll bet you just look fabulous. :hugs:

Beeb 09-05-2011 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoHappy (Post 14977750)
Wow! Good job! :)

Nice that the reward for holding to our high and our low calorie ceilings while we're losing weight is that... in maintenance the ceilings can be raised!
:laugh:

Did you nudge up your UD ceiling too, or just the DD calories at this time?

I'll bet you just look fabulous. :hugs:

OH I so agree with the bolded statement on your quote!!!

:o Thanks Pat (SoHappy)! :hugs: Not sure about the "fabulous" but then again I still see myself as "overweight" at times. These are the times I look at the labels on my jeans to remind myself that I'm a size 8/10 NOT a size 14/16+ any more! ;)

I am keeping my UDs the same as the good Dr. suggests. Will see how this works. I did "tweak" the DD amount. At 50% it's 804 and at 55% it's 884 (I believe?) so I cut it down the middle (somewhat) and am doing 825 cals for my DD now. This seems like a lot of food right now and as you can see I'm still under for my DD today. I'm sure that I'll figure it out in time! :cool:

Maryo 09-05-2011 06:58 PM

Love your avatar picture, Linda!

Beeb 09-05-2011 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maryo (Post 14978014)
Love your avatar picture, Linda!

:hugs: Thank you! That was actually taken when I was a couple of pounds heavier last summer. Need to take another one at the new goal weight now! ;)

Joedi 09-06-2011 04:42 AM

I love that pic you look so relaxed and summery!

I bet you are enjoying those extra cals, can't wait till I get to do that!

Can I ask what you UD limits are on the website, I am curious cos we are the same weight and practically the same height! Mine are 1925 - for a 40 year old female doing light exercise. Haven't eaten that high yet... But that's what ceilings are there for... So we never go through the roof! Lol!
Hugs
Jo
X

SoHappy 09-06-2011 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joedi (Post 14978494)

Can I ask what you UD limits are on the website, I am curious cos we are the same weight and practically the same height! Mine are 1925 - for a 40 year old female doing light exercise. Haven't eaten that high yet... But that's what ceilings are there for... So we never go through the roof! Lol!
Hugs
Jo
X

I love that! Do you mind of I use that?

Beeb 09-06-2011 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joedi (Post 14978494)

Hugs
Jo
X

I :love: THIS ^^^, too! Good one, Joedi.

OK here are my numbers: UD 1602 but I do no exercise at all because of a foot problem besides housework or just walking around my yard pulling weeds or mowing lawn at times. My DD numbers can between 802 and 942, depending on the % of maintenance I would choose. I decided to tweak (of course :doh::laugh:) and am giving myself 825 to 850 cals. Haven't made it to that 825 or 850 yet, though and keeping my cals below this I'm still losing weight (was down .2 pounds this morning :doh:) and I'm actually happy at 143 so I don't really want to lose more, so I know I'm going to have to eat more on DDs. I was thinking of upping the UDs but only if I keep losing weight on the higher DD calories I can have.

HTH......:hugs:

Joedi 09-06-2011 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoHappy (Post 14978833)
I love that! Do you mind of I use that?

No..feel free! It just came to me this morning...and made a WHOLE lot of sense!

hugs
Jo
x