Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2011, 02:26 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Been Spending Big Time Today!

:blush:
I just couln't take it any more...you all keep talking about Glucommanan powder..making muffins with it, adding it to shakes..making puddings...and I finally broke down...and ordered some!
I dont know about in the US...but here in the UK it is expensive....£25 for 200g....but you only use a few gramms at a time..right?

I also read Ouizoids recipes...requiring oat fibre. Well I could find ONE UK online shop selling it....£6.75 for a 454g bag...and £8.00 shipping! PER BAG!!

Well, i checked out Netrition...and got two bags, plus 3 day shipping to England for a lot less than 2 bags would have been shipped in my own (small) country...how mad is that??

As long as I keep my Netrition orders under £18, I shouldn't be liable for any customs fees, either!

Cant wait till it arrives...Low cal muffins, here I come!

Anyhow..thats my budget blown for this month...no clothes, makeup or sundries for me!

hugs
Jo
x

"Eat today for the clothes you want to wear tomorrow!"
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2011, 03:05 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Well, you can't look at it as though you've blown your budget on that stuff... you must think of it as a smart investment in your future slim and healthy body, so sort of a different way of investing in your appearance rather than directly from cosmetics or new clothing.

I don't know what the current rate of exchange is, but my sister has a friend in England she visits online with, and I think everything is at least twice the price over there than it is here!
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 03:12 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
Well, you can't look at it as though you've blown your budget on that stuff... you must think of it as a smart investment in your future slim and healthy body, so sort of a different way of investing in your appearance rather than directly from cosmetics or new clothing.

I don't know what the current rate of exchange is, but my sister has a friend in England she visits online with, and I think everything is at least twice the price over there than it is here!
It sure feels like it! I try not to look at the us prices, as it makes me seethe!
The UK just seems to change the $ sign to a £! "Davinci syrup $6.99?? Oh, lets make it £6.99, they'll never notice!"

I like your justification on the spending...i see I will be taking you shopping with me, mentally at least!

When I am dithering on buying something, I will hear you say.."ah, but its an investment in your figure, Jo!"
Can just see me saying to DH, as he asks where our monthly budget has gone..."SoHappy made me do it...she's this little voice in my head....."

hugs
jo
x
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 03:19 PM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Cracking up!
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote