Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2011, 05:12 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
How about Some "What Are You Eating Today?" Threads

Does anyone fancy having a "it's Sunday, what are you eating today?" type thread? Like on the main board.
It makes finding new food ideas and suggestion easy, and help keep us accountable especially on DD's!

Hugs
Jo
X
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2011, 05:44 AM   #2
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Rachelocity
WOE: Fitbit/My Fitness Pal
Start Date: Every day I'm shuffling
I'm in like Flynn! I'm doing WW JUDDD style, so all my stats are expressed in Points Plus (PP)

Today's an Up Day (Target: 42 PPs) , so I'm having:
B: Coffee/soy milk, Weight Watchers bagel toasted with Laughing Cow cheese and tomatoes from my garden. (Bagels and cream cheese is the traditional Jewish Sunday breakfast!) (5 PPs)
L: Salad with tuna, FF mayo mixed with wasabi, Weight Watchers smoothie with frozen mangoes and peaches (6 PPs)
D: Birthday dinner for my brother's DGF! Starting off with a big salad with tzatziki and feta, moving on to roast turkey, chicken and veggies and yes, there will be cake. And ice cream with baklava. (25 PPs to allow for a margin for error. And maybe more cake. )
Old 09-04-2011, 06:51 AM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
I like this idea and think it will be fun as well as give us all some different ideas for meals, particularly for our Down Days. Sometimes I fall into a DD rut, and I really don't want to. I want DDs to be part of the *fun* and not just something to be endured or a day you just have to get through. I want my meals to be fun and satisfying and nutritious and varied!

Today:

Midday Brunch: 1 egg white & 1/4 c eggbeaters, scrambled, and 1 slice 40-cal bread, toasted & split into two slices, spread w/1 tbsp ff butter & Walden Farms 0-cal Peanut Butter spread, 2 mugs hot tea and glass of 0 cal orange/peach beverage About 95 calories.

I'm trying to invent something for an afternoon tea snack, so will have to get back here to post on that. If I come up with anything that actually tastes good. LOL
Old 09-04-2011, 08:48 AM   #4
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: LC..My "Don't Have To Think Because It's Simple"!
GREAT IDEA!!! Do you think we should do the calories, too? I think could be a good addition to your great idea for us to see how others are getting more "bang for their calories bucks" on DD!!

I will post mine at the end of the day because it's an UD and I'm not sure besides what I just ate for breakfast what else I'm going to be having. DDs I KNOW what I'm eating because I plan it the night before, but on UDs I'm a little "freer" with my meals!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 08:49 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BonnyLass
Stats: 285/163/135
WOE: low carb/starch blockers when needed
Start Date: 73'low carb 4evr.Never fell for low fat
Is this too much trouble?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedi View Post
Does anyone fancy having a "it's Sunday, what are you eating today?" type thread? Like on the main board.
It makes finding new food ideas and suggestion easy, and help keep us accountable especially on DD's!

Hugs
Jo
X
I think this is a great idea too,but should we have a separate UD/DD thread? I didn't post things I was eating especially on UD because I did not want to tease anyone that may have been on a DD.
BonnyLass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 08:56 AM   #6

OK, I changed my mind about what I'm going to have for my Down Day Brunch. I've been in the mood for French Toast, so going to have that.

2 slices 40-cal bread
1/4 c eggbeaters
1/4 c unsweetened vanilla almond milk

fried crispy on the outside in non-stick skillet, spread with 1 tbsp ff butter, and Walden Farms ZERO calorie maple syrup

****** says 125 calories. I'll have a couple mugs of hot tea and a glass of orange/peach beverage with the French Toast.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 10:04 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
OK, I changed my mind about what I'm going to have for my Down Day Brunch. I've been in the mood for French Toast, so going to have that.

2 slices 40-cal bread
1/4 c eggbeaters
1/4 c unsweetened vanilla almond milk

fried crispy on the outside in non-stick skillet, spread with 1 tbsp ff butter, and Walden Farms ZERO calorie maple syrup

****** says 125 calories. I'll have a couple mugs of hot tea and a glass of orange/peach beverage with the French Toast.
Pat, what is FF butter? VERY interested in this!! Thanks.....
Old 09-04-2011, 10:16 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeb View Post
Pat, what is FF butter? VERY interested in this!! Thanks.....
Oh, LOL! It's another of those products that you would only eat on a Down Day and choose its *real* counterpart on the UDs.... it's I Can't Believe It's Not Butter fat free spread.

It has a somewhat custard-like consistency, but is spreadable and fairly reasonably butter flavored. It's like using any of the fake dairy or fake sugars or fake flour products that abound in the diet world, whether low calorie or low carb! If you choose not to have the real thing, it gives you something to make due with. In other words, it's close enough to real butter in flavor to make due with it on Down Days. So I'll spread some on my French Toast after it comes out of the skillet before pouring the maple syrup over it.

On my Up Days though, it would be real butter and real syrup on real French Toast, made with real bread!

And that's the story of ff butter.
Old 09-04-2011, 10:21 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Great idea beeb..the cals would be very useful! I think we will be ok having UD and DD in the same thread.... I love fantasising about and planning my UD's on my DD's.

I am also curious about what ff butter is! Tho I suspect here in England I wont able to get it! I am very jealous of your eggbeaters, we have no equivalent...and oatfibre is hard to find... And expensive!

Hugs
Jo
X
Old 09-04-2011, 10:36 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonnyLass View Post
I think this is a great idea too,but should we have a separate UD/DD thread? I didn't post things I was eating especially on UD because I did not want to tease anyone that may have been on a DD.
Quote:
Great idea beeb..the cals would be very useful! I think we will be ok having UD and DD in the same thread.... I love fantasising about and planning my UD's on my DD's.

I have absolutely no problem having both UD and DD menus in the same thread! I don't think we'll have any problem reading about what others are eating on their UDs as we are holding to our own DD. 'Cause after all, we have a kitchen full of food right under our noses, or it's out in the world we're working in or running our errands in.. passing by stores and shops. We know it's there. We're just not indulging in it today.. sort of thing.

Plus, I love reading about what everyone eats on their UDs too. Gives me lots of ideas for menus I might want to try one of these days.
Old 09-04-2011, 01:48 PM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Looking forward to seeing an "Its Monday..what are you eating today?" thread, tomorrow..

For me today was a DD (my 3rd!) ..and as tom is due tomorrow...I am practically chewing the carpet..lol!

Heres what I had:

B- Hot green tea (had a lie in!)
L- Huge bowl homemade veg soup (low cal veg, 2 turkey bacon rashers, shirataki noodles, chicken stock, and LOTS of hot sauce) 189
S - 100g carrot battons, 1 mini babybel light 66
D - mixed salad, tuna & walden farms dressing 145
S- 100g FF greek yog, and apple slices 97
HUGE choc shake (1 scoop PHD diet whey, 1 T cocoa powder, ice & Xanthan) 117

Totals:
614 Cals
10g fat
69g protein
38g carbs
(must admit...I still get a shock to see such a high carb number...never went above 25 before!)

I also did 90 mins at the gym...which is probably why I am hungrier...roll on next week...when all my gym days are UD's!

"Eat today for the clothes you want to wear tomorrow!"
Old 09-04-2011, 01:55 PM   #12

Jo, you are really doing a great job.

I think you're the one who's going to be starting each morning's new *What are You Eating* thread because of your time zone and your morning coming so many hours sooner. You're 6 hours ahead of us, at least from my zone, I think. Well, I quess I don't know if England has more than one zone, but Liverpool is 6 hours difference anyway.

Know you're looking forward to your pleasant UD tomorrow. Have a good one. I'm looking forward to finding out if you're losing any pounds. Although I guess you've only had your 3rd DD just today. Guess maybe I'm rushing things here...
Old 09-04-2011, 02:05 PM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Jo, you are really doing a great job.

I think you're the one who's going to be starting each morning's new *What are You Eating* thread because of your time zone and your morning coming so many hours sooner. You're 6 hours ahead of us, at least from my zone, I think. Well, I quess I don't know if England has more than one zone, but Liverpool is 6 hours difference anyway.

Know you're looking forward to your pleasant UD tomorrow. Have a good one. I'm looking forward to finding out if you're losing any pounds. Although I guess you've only had your 3rd DD just today. Guess maybe I'm rushing things here...
Thanks pat! Your encouragement means a lot to this JUDDD newbie (I had only just got past being a l/c newbie!)

I will have no problem posting my DD's early...I have them planned like a military operation!
As to my UD's...I kind of like to roll with them (well I did, the 2 I have had )
On my first UD I got so overwelmed with the possibilities I didnt eat till the afternoon!

Tomorrow, me and my ds & dh are visiting a local greek restaurant for the first time...it was so nice just to be able to suggest it...knowing I had an UD coming!

All I need to do now is get past the DD hunger pangs...and I am sorted!

big hugs
Jo
x
Old 09-04-2011, 02:59 PM   #14

You're doing a wonderful job for only just starting here!

DARLING avi picture!!!!! You're a slim beauty already. You sure must not have very much extra weight that you're wanting to shed?

I'll talk to you tomorrow, but just wanted to wish you a fun time at the Greek place tomorrow.
We have a Greek place too, just down the main road some blocks. We also go there occasionally.
Old 09-04-2011, 03:05 PM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
You're doing a wonderful job for only just starting here!

DARLING avi picture!!!!! You're a slim beauty already. You sure must not have very much extra weight that you're wanting to shed?

I'll talk to you tomorrow, but just wanted to wish you a fun time at the Greek place tomorrow.
We have a Greek place too, just down the main road some blocks. We also go there occasionally.
Thankyou! It was taken next to a suit of armour outside the most HUGE secondhand junk shop in York...I just love York

I am 10 stone 3, and want to get to 9 stone 10....I just feel best at 9 stone something...probably the single figure thing...lol!

I love this little JUDDD forum...it feels like we have a friendly little club tucked away here!

Hope JUDDD suits me, so I can stay a member! I only weigh weekly, and to get it after a DD...it wont be till Friday...fingers X'ed!

hugs
Jo
x

hugs
Jo
x
Old 09-04-2011, 03:56 PM   #16

Quote:
Thankyou! It was taken next to a suit of armour outside the most HUGE secondhand junk shop in York...I just love York

I am 10 stone 3, and want to get to 9 stone 10....I just feel best at 9 stone something...probably the single figure thing...lol!

I love this little JUDDD forum...it feels like we have a friendly little club tucked away here!

Hope JUDDD suits me, so I can stay a member! I only weigh weekly, and to get it after a DD...it wont be till Friday...fingers X'ed!

hugs
Jo
x

hugs
Jo
x
I LOVE your new avatar, too! AND the way you talk (write) reminds me so much of my dearest friends living in Loughton, Essex! Your "stones" instead of pounds, your term "would anyone fancy", etc., makes me want to see my friends so much! I, too the people on this forum, they are the BEST!! My fingers are X'ed for you, too because I want you to stay with us!!

UD menu today:

Breakfast: Waffle made with sugar free pancake mix, SF maple syrup, and a Jimmy Dean Lite Sausage patty. Total with tea w/half and half....267 calories

Lunch: 1 small fried chicken leg from Shop Rite. 147 calories

Dinner: Mixed green salad with cherry tomatoes, green olives stuffed with jalapeno peppers, 2 servings of Beeb's yogurt/mayo salad dressing, 1 serving Beeb's Garlic New Potatoes, 4.5 ounces grilled T Bone steak, 4 oz grilled Lobster tail, sauteed mushrooms, tea w/ half and half. Total for dinner.... 561 calories

Snacks for Today: 1 Plum, 1/4 package salted nuts and will have 1 serving Skinny Cow Caramel Truffle ice cream bar.....Total for snacks....233 calories

Was a good UD and I'm only at 1209 or my 1608 calories for my UD. Probably will have another piece of fruit later and some popcorn while watching True Blood, but I'm really stuffed right now so food is the LAST thing I'm thinking about.
Old 09-04-2011, 04:45 PM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

That sounds like a delicious up day... Your dinner had me drooling... I have never had lobster tail!
How are you managing with the extra carbs... I know they don't stall your weight loss, just the opposite, but how about bloating, and or cravings?
Any water retention at first? And was it hard, psychologically at first, after being in the lc mindset?
I would really appreciate your experience, as I am trying to get up the courage for that scone!!
Btw... We are both the same weight... Except u look skinnier at it! :-)

Hugs
Jo
X
Old 09-04-2011, 05:10 PM   #18

Quote:
That sounds like a delicious up day... Your dinner had me drooling... I have never had lobster tail! I LOVE lobster and could eat it everyday if I could afford it! You gotta try one sometime!!

How are you managing with the extra carbs... I know they don't stall your weight loss, just the opposite, but how about bloating, and or cravings[B]? I'm not even looking at carbs right now, have actually blocked them out of my Fat Secret journal because they WERE freaking me out at first and I knew I would have to change my mind set if I was going to succeed on this perfect fit JUDDD WOE for me. No bloating, or craving at all, which I'm VERY surprised about, but I'm NOT eating sugar and THAT was my biggest button that got pushed for craving. Even SF stuff does it to me, so I'm pretty much avoiding the SF baked goods I use to make all the time while LCing. When I want sweet I have a piece of fruit now and that has never caused craving for me.

Any water retention at first? And was it hard, psychologically at first, after being in the lc mindset? I always have water retention, just the way I am, even when I keep my carbs WAY down, so it's not the carbs that do this to me, just the way I am. I tend to NOT salt anything because of this reason. And I also tend to stay away from salty foods, again for this reason. I TOTALLY understand your LC mindset and it still kicks in from time to time when I'm looking at labels on foods. Taking the carb count out of my journal has really helped though, but it took me until just this week to do this!

I would really appreciate your experience, as I am trying to get up the courage for that scone!![B]
Btw... We are both the same weight... Except u look skinnier at it! :-) And I think YOU look slimmer! It's all in the eye of the beholder, huh!

Hugs
Jo
X
Put my answers in bold and hope they help, my JUDDD friend!!

Last edited by Beeb; 09-04-2011 at 05:12 PM..