Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2011, 07:40 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Any Tips On Exercising On a DD?

My family go to the gym 3 days a week..monday, wednesday and sunday...usually at about 3pm....its when it fits in with all our schedules...and the rates are lower too.
Inevitibly, I am gonna hit a DD every other week, when I am exercising.
I do moderate exercise...an hour...half cardio (treadmill/wave walker) half fixed weights.
An tips on what to eat, and when, to get the most out of my exercise without feeling wobbly would be much appreciated!

hugs
Jo
x
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-01-2011, 08:32 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Wow, lots of different thought on this subject, and lots of different experiences with it too.

The *book* advises us not to exercise on Down Days. I guess that makes sense, as we don't have a lot of food in our bellies to fuel us.

But I exercise on Down Days. Or Up Days. It doesn't seem to matter to me. Actually, I think - for me - DD exercise must be fueled by all the food I ate the previous day, or something, because I've never noticed a dime's worth of difference.

And some folks eat well the morning of their workouts, thinking they will use that food to fuel their workout. And some folks eat well after working out, thinking they will use that food to rebuild their depleted bodies. Once again, I've never noticed a dime's worth of difference either way.

So as is usual, LOL, I can only answer for myself, and it's that I eat to UD or DD calorie ceilings and exercise whenever without worrying about it.

I'll be interested in others answers on this subject too. It may be one of those YMMV things. ?
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 01:55 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catjrow3
Stats: 240/177/150
WOE: NK - LCHF
Start Date: 05/18/2013 (restart of course)
I have not done JUDDD yet, but did HCG, and was only eating about 500-700 calories a day and still ran my normal 3-4 miles a day, usually before eating at all that day. I would say if you feel like you are not "fueled" enough or "dizzy/lightheaded" after your frist try, maybe have a 50 calorie string cheese or something before you exercise. Or half a protein shake maybe for 60-70 calories just so you have something, but if you feel okay otherwise without it, I would save the calories for after, as I tend to be more hungry after a good workout than before. YMMV! Good luck!!
catjrow3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 09:01 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: E.W.
Stats: 312/310/ a lot less
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: restart again 10/27/2014
I have read a couple of studies that say exercising in the fasted state is better
for fat loss. Here is one that even talks about exercising after a 3 day fast.

Conditioning Research: Training in a fasted state - a study of the benefits
E.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 03:35 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Managed the exercising fine, energy wise but was distracted somewhat by the rumbling/ hollow feeling in my tummy!
This week all my gym days are ud's so maybe by next week my tummy will b more usd to this woe!
Hugs
Jo
X
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote