Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2011, 07:36 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
A few Things I DIDNT expect on JUDDD

Well...its my second day
DD went better than expected....but by bed time..oh boy!
I was hyper...restless, shaky, heart pounding...a lot like when your first go into ketosis.
I had saved a snack for bedtime....some greek yogurt n stewed rhubarb...so I didnt feel hungry all night...but eating this had no effect. Even my faithful magnesium didnt touch it!
I tossed and turned all night...and still feel a bit jittery today.

Have just enjoyed my first UD meal of eggs, bacon n onions...but still feel a bit "fluttery" inside.

Is this normal? I hope it soon goes...I like the idea of extra energy...but not like this! Am wondering if my 5HTP tablets would help?

Another thing I noticed......I was no more hungry this morning than any other morning....but when I ate...I got fuller WAY sooner!

Did my ketosis stick last night and this morning....and am in medium....that was on 500 cals, 40 odd gramms carbs, and much lower fat!

Happy Septermber everyone!

hugs
Jo
x

"Eat today for the clothes you want to wear tomorrow!"
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-01-2011, 03:31 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedi View Post
Well...its my second day
DD went better than expected....but by bed time..oh boy!
I was hyper...restless, shaky, heart pounding...a lot like when your first go into ketosis.
I had saved a snack for bedtime....some greek yogurt n stewed rhubarb...so I didnt feel hungry all night...but eating this had no effect. Even my faithful magnesium didnt touch it!
I tossed and turned all night...and still feel a bit jittery today.

Have just enjoyed my first UD meal of eggs, bacon n onions...but still feel a bit "fluttery" inside.

Is this normal? I hope it soon goes...I like the idea of extra energy...but not like this! Am wondering if my 5HTP tablets would help?

Another thing I noticed......I was no more hungry this morning than any other morning....but when I ate...I got fuller WAY sooner!

Did my ketosis stick last night and this morning....and am in medium....that was on 500 cals, 40 odd gramms carbs, and much lower fat!

Happy Septermber everyone!

hugs
Jo
x
Hi, Jo. Just checking to see how your first UD is going today. Or are you in bed already over there?

I don't think your symptoms were very normal, at least not that I've heard of anybody posting about during the time I've been here. Mostly, if we have symptoms, it's feeling hungry. Not usually particularly weak or restless or fluttery.

The one thing most folks notice though, is that on their UDs after a DD, they expect to be way hungrier in the morning, and find they aren't particularly any more hungry than any other day, and after a couple of weeks, you aren't even all that unduly hungry on Up Days. And it doesn't take all that much to make you feel nicely full and satisfied too.

We talk about JUDDD sort of *normalizing* our appetites, and I guess that is an awfully nice side benefit to this plan, in addition to the weight loss. Lots easier to not go overboard in our eating if we don't have all that big an appetite in the first place.

I hear people who self-proclaim themselves to be *big* eaters, and I'm always pretty glad that that isn't me anymore. Don't get me wrong, I love food and I love to eat, but it's nice to be satisfied with my fabulous choices - high calorie and high carb though they may sometimes be - and know that because I don't have a BIG appetite and overeat, I can eat like that always and not regain weight!

Hope you're feeling good. Hope you had a delightful Up Day (within your calorie figures), hope your foods and meals were delicious and completely enjoyable. And... did you have that scone yet?

Last edited by SoHappy; 09-01-2011 at 03:33 PM..
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 08:39 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Maryo
Stats: 220/127/120 5'5", 50+
WOE: Atkins/Primal
Start Date: March 2011 (restart)
***Another thing I noticed......I was no more hungry this morning than any other morning....but when I ate...I got fuller WAY sooner!***

I have definitely noticed this as well. I fully expected that I'd want to eat MORE on my up days because I'd be coming off a low cal down day, and that has not proven to be the case at all. I eat less on up days than I do when I'm not doing JUDDD. I get fuller faster and I'm satisfied with less food. It's as if some internal trigger has been reset as a result of the down days. Sometimes at the end of an up day I'll think to myself, darn, I just wasted the opportunity to eat more on an up day! But I'm satisfied, and there's another up day coming the day after tomorrow, so I push that thought away.

Good luck to you, Joedi, I hope JUDDD works well for you. Oh, and to answer your question, I don't know if it's normal or not, but I never got the restless, shaky, fluttery feeling on a DD. Then again, I never suffered from the Atkins flu during induction or had any other symptoms when I went into ketosis.
Maryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 06:02 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lighterbeing
Stats: 2much /...I rarely weigh.../160
WOE: Atkins most of the time
Start Date: June 2009
Are you hypoglycemic? That sounds like it could be low blood glucose levels. Do you have a glucose monition to check yourself if it happens again?
lighterbeing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 11:27 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

I am not hypoglycaemic as far as i know, I has my blood glucose done a month ago and all seemed ok.
After my first meal of the next day I had another case of the jitters, then all was fine- I am nearly through my 3rd day now , a DD, but no symptoms yet... bed time will b the test!
It is defiantly food related, as I am in good health otherwise.
I do have very low bp though... It was always low, but l/c knocked it lower 83/55 now! This gives me dizzy spells and tinnitus!

Hugs
Jo
X
Old 09-02-2011, 02:45 PM   #6

Hi, Jo! Just checking in to see if you're still awake or heading to bed by now.

I know this was a DD for you, and just wondered how it went? Hoping it went well, and no more little *fuzzy* spells.

Do you eat the same on your UDs as you pretty much always have, and then just less on the DDs?

Hope you're doing well.
Old 09-02-2011, 05:37 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Hi sohappy! 12.30am here, and off to bed soon.
It was tougher today, because it's a gym day, but I managed ok..was starving when I got in from the gym and munched on veggies while making my salad! Cals came in at 690, so till keeping to my 700 limit.
My DD are mainly lc veg, protein and a little fruit- I like plenty of food for my cals! 50 odd carbs.

My UD was a normal lc day, (about 35 carbs) I WANT to have the odd high carb treat, but don't quite dare....not sure why, it just seems like "failing" to me. I have worked so hard to cut carbs out, it seems weird to add them back in!
Funnily enough the only 2 foods I miss are scones and porridge!

As to the dizzy jittery spells, nothing so far tonight, thank goodness!

Could I ask, how long does it take not to feel hungry often on your Dd's?

Hope u had a great day, and thanks for thinking of me!

Hugs

Jo
X
Old 09-02-2011, 05:52 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedi View Post
Hi sohappy! 12.30am here, and off to bed soon.
It was tougher today, because it's a gym day, but I managed ok..was starving when I got in from the gym and munched on veggies while making my salad! Cals came in at 690, so till keeping to my 700 limit.
My DD are mainly lc veg, protein and a little fruit- I like plenty of food for my cals! 50 odd carbs.

My UD was a normal lc day, (about 35 carbs) I WANT to have the odd high carb treat, but don't quite dare....not sure why, it just seems like "failing" to me. I have worked so hard to cut carbs out, it seems weird to add them back in!
Funnily enough the only 2 foods I miss are scones and porridge!

As to the dizzy jittery spells, nothing so far tonight, thank goodness!

Could I ask, how long does it take not to feel hungry often on your Dd's?

Hope u had a great day, and thanks for thinking of me!

Hugs

Jo
X
You may be in bed for the night by now and not see this until the morning, but if so.. I think you'll be having an UD, right?, so have a good one.

And no worries about holding to low carb on your UDs. If and when you still want that scone or a bowl of porridge some day in the future, they'll be there for you. In the meantime, if you aren't feeling confident about it all yet, there is sure no need for them in your diet, and no need to rush into eating them just for the pleasure. You may just want to get confident and comfortable in JUDDD before taking *that next step*... (If you even do...)

I think for most of us it does take awhile to get our tummies and our brains/minds accepting and not complaining with hunger pangs when we start eating such small amounts on some of our days. At first I could hardly stand it, and I was able to keep to very few 500 calorie DDs. Sometimes I was really lucky to have a 1,000 calorie DD!

So I think you're doing wonderfully! If you just keep sticking to your 700 cal DDs for awhile, it won't be too long. Somehow, you just sort of get used to it.

Now I can be fixing a great big supper for my husband and not even concerned that I'm on a DD and have hardly eaten anything much yet. I do find that the longer I hold off eating, the better, as often enough, once I've started my first meal, that seems to *awaken* my appetite somewhat.

Glad you managed your day. Hope you have a nice UD tomorrow, and I'll be looking forward to seeing if you've lost any weight in a week or two from now.