Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2011, 06:47 AM   #241
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: cazz
Stats: 174/174/150
WOE: JUDD
Start Date: September 2011
Quote:
I think you're going to find that there's no one answer - we're all doing things a bit differently. I know that Linda and Pat do a moderate carb JUDDD, and that works well for their bodies, whereas I do a lower carb JUDDD, and that seems to work best for me. My UD carbs are usually between 20 and 30 NET. Sometimes they're lower; they're never higher. However, I haven't adopted JUDDD as my permanent way of eating (although I may at some point). I still consider myself to be doing Atkins, and I've been cycling onto JUDDD (I've done it twice now, for about a month at a time), while still sticking to the Atkins carb restrictions, just to change things up and keep my body guessing.
Quote:
Caz Mine are much much higher, but I am not trying to restrict my carbs at all. I would rather have carbs if I can... mine run around 200...
Thanks Maryo and Catjrow3! I think I might need quite a few carbs in my diet at the moment but will try to lower them as time goes on and I get used to lower carbs. Very helpful comments so thank you

Today is a DD and it is going a lot better than I had anticipated. Definitely think I need to stick to high protein levels on DDs to curb the hunger.

Hey Bonnylass! I have never been on prednisone so I don't know if this tip will help but when I am feeling like I am going to start "eating the paint off the walls", I chew sugar free gum. Also sugar free jelly is always a good one because even if we eat the whole bowl, it's only like 40cals! I hope the rest of the prednisone run goes ok for you.
cazz is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-2011, 07:32 AM   #242
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cazz View Post
Thanks Maryo and Catjrow3! I think I might need quite a few carbs in my diet at the moment but will try to lower them as time goes on and I get used to lower carbs. Very helpful comments so thank you

Today is a DD and it is going a lot better than I had anticipated. Definitely think I need to stick to high protein levels on DDs to curb the hunger.

Hey Bonnylass! I have never been on prednisone so I don't know if this tip will help but when I am feeling like I am going to start "eating the paint off the walls", I chew sugar free gum. Also sugar free jelly is always a good one because even if we eat the whole bowl, it's only like 40cals! I hope the rest of the prednisone run goes ok for you.
Hi, cazz. Are you in the U.K.?

As to the carbs, you get to have as many in your diet as you wish, as you do well with. Lately I'm enjoying a few more carbs on my UDs, and I'm not finding one dime's worth of difference in how I feel or how I am able to manage my weight. And as far as energy, I think I'm experiencing a bit more energy these last few days, but maybe that's not because of a few more carbs but just because of the weather being slightly cooler.

Good luck with your JUDDD experience. I'll bet you do wonderfully!
Old 09-11-2011, 09:07 AM   #243
Junior LCF Member

Yep, I live in the UK. Are you from USA?

Glad to hear that the amount of carbs doesn't necessarily hinder the weight loss I was a tad worried about that

Many thanks,

Caz
Old 09-11-2011, 09:15 AM   #244

Quote:
Yep, I live in the UK. Are you from USA?

Glad to hear that the amount of carbs doesn't necessarily hinder the weight loss I was a tad worried about that

Many thanks,

Caz
I thought you must be UK when you mentioned *jelly* where we call the stuff jello or gelatin.

Yes, I'm in USA, in the center of the country, state of Iowa.

Hi!
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 10:03 AM   #245
Junior LCF Member

Ahh yes, I keep forgetting about the slight language differences

I am also from the centre of the country (the UK I mean ), in the city of Manchester

Hi from across the pond!
Old 09-11-2011, 11:22 AM   #246
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catjrow3
Stats: 240/177/150
WOE: NK - LCHF
Start Date: 05/18/2013 (restart of course)
Quote:

I am also from the centre of the country (the UK I mean ), in the city of Manchester

Hi from across the pond!
My hubby is from the Manchester area. He has been here in the states now for over 12 years though!! I love going back to visit!!
catjrow3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 01:37 PM   #247
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: momof3heathens
Stats: 388/315/150
WOE: Atkins/JUDDD/IF?
Start Date: Always a startdate
Quote:

Hi from across the pond!

My kids half brother lives in Great Harwood.
momof3heathens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 01:46 PM   #248
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Hi Cazz!
Great to see another UK'er on juddd...I am scottish, but live in Newcastle!
How are you managing to buy low carbs foods here in england...we dont have the same choice as our US friends! I recently ordered from netrition...and it worked out cheaper, inc shipping, than buying here in the uk!

hugs
Jo
x
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 07:12 PM   #249
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: halos
Stats: (275)256/244/140
Start Date: 9/24/2013
I started JUDD today. 525 calories today if I stop now. I did Judd for awhile 6-8 months ago, but had trouble staying at 500 calories. Sounds like the group here now isn't going to freak if my DD are closer to 600-650. I lost about a pound a week before so am hoping for that rate again.

I stay at around 25-30 carbs a day, but am not losing. I'm just not willing to give up my veggies completely....not sure it would help even if I went zero carb. I'm 61 and age and metabolism are working against me.

Anyway, I want to join in here for accountability. I think I will use Monday for my official weekly weigh-in. I am starting at a miserable 250 (again). I have been up and down 10 pounds for the last 6 months and am tired of it...this excess has got to go.
Old 09-11-2011, 07:24 PM   #250

Quote:
Originally Posted by halos View Post
I started JUDD today. 525 calories today if I stop now. I did Judd for awhile 6-8 months ago, but had trouble staying at 500 calories. Sounds like the group here now isn't going to freak if my DD are closer to 600-650. I lost about a pound a week before so am hoping for that rate again.

I stay at around 25-30 carbs a day, but am not losing. I'm just not willing to give up my veggies completely....not sure it would help even if I went zero carb. I'm 61 and age and metabolism are working against me.

Anyway, I want to join in here for accountability. I think I will use Monday for my official weekly weigh-in. I am starting at a miserable 250 (again). I have been up and down 10 pounds for the last 6 months and am tired of it...this excess has got to go.
Hi, Halos! I'm so glad you're joining us here!

And no, nobody here is going to freak out if you dare to add a few calories to your DD in order to make calorie cycling work for you! We're a friendly and encouraging group here, just wanting everyone to be able to lose weight and feel happier and healthier in the process, all while being able to bring their appetites down and rev their metabolisms up, AND... all while being able to eat of the exquisite foods of the world on your Up Days, as you choose to.

Some of us get to eat higher calories than others, and while some of us stay quite low carb, others of us eat at a moderate and even higher carb level, but the big thing is, we all get to design our JUDDD menus the way they work the best for us and make us the happiest.

I'm so glad you're joining us! I expect you will have a lot of good advice to share with us. Oh, and recipes too!
Old 09-11-2011, 07:55 PM   #251
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: LC..My "Don't Have To Think Because It's Simple"!
Halos! So nice to have you on board with us!!

I "tweaked" JUDDD right from the start and no one freaked on me! I did the plan the way I KNEW would work for me, adding 200 more calories to my DD and it made all the difference in my staying and now making this my WOE for life.

Find what works for YOU! A better support group you will never find anywhere for JUDDD and believe me NO ONE will freak on you! AND I am also looking forward to your veteran advice and recipes!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 03:09 AM   #252
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: momof3heathens
Stats: 388/315/150
WOE: Atkins/JUDDD/IF?
Start Date: Always a startdate
So this is going to be a long winded and particularly whinny post.

I am sick of how I let myself forget my needs and goals over everything else going on. I am tired of taking care of everyone and everything but me. I am dealing with so much emotional, physical, spiritual stress right now I can barely think straight let alone follow through on the simplest of things. I eat for the mindnumbingness(is that even a word,lol)and nothing more. Had several good dd's in a row. My up day out of control. Another dd not too bad. Ate mostly fruit(600 calories give or take). Had an up day today because instead of following my plan I ate out of frustration that I spent my physical energy on cleaning the freaking kitchen and then preparing cauliflower and sausages for three kids who all said "sure we will all do low carb today too". Come to find my teenage son decides he hates those types of sausages and I should know he doesn't like cauliflower(he changes his mind and I can never keep up with his likes and dislikes) and my dd's can't bother waiting until food is cooked so go and make a bunch of almond milk shakes so they aren't hungry for brunch.

I made a bunch of sausages as I was going to also make mini stuffed muffins today too. Ate everything up so had to make more to make the muffins. Ate 75% of that too. Made the muffins and ate aprox 1/4 of those. The rest are in the fridge for the kids in the morning.

My house is always a complete disaster area. I haven't had anyone to visit in well over a decade. Not hoarder level at all but looks like a crime scene. I would hate to die in here and the police not know where to begin looking for clues. Kids absolutely do not help 97% of the time. I have done the whole going on strike thing and nothing fazes them. If I don't cook they eat out. If I dont' do laundry they buy themselves new clothes or borrow from a friend. If I don't hang the bath mat up to dry they use a clean towel from the linen closest. If I don't remind them to take medication the bottle sits on the counter full yada yada yada. Consequences mean diddly. They don't learn from their mistakes. They have lost high value items(paid for by themselves)and all they do is ***** and moan continously and go out replace item and do the same behaviours that led to the item being lost or stolen in the first place.

Then on top of this daily stuff as a few of you know I am dealing with my son and his mental health issues. My youngest is 15 and she is having a real hard time with her emotions in terms of having a weight problem and struggling in school too. She gets upset believing that I cater to my son and she is often rude and obnoxious about the whole thing. I am having trouble keeping him under control while she ranting and raving what a d bag he is to her and visa versa. I am playing referee and peacekeeper constantly. There is a likelihood of being kicked out our apartment for the screaming and yelling that happens often. Rental rates are less than 1% so I can ill afford to move as it is.

In addition to my own family issues i am also the dumping ground for many a neighbour and neighbour kid. Going to copy and paste another post I made so you can have a gist of what I am dealing with:

I seem to have come into contact with more than a fair share of people with problems(mental, financial, medical, etc). I either know them from my own contacts or my kids. They all come to me for advice and for the most part do take what I suggest into consideration but like life is things happen and again they are back in the same or another crisis they want me to help figure out for them.

Currently I am dealing with two families whose kids are in care not from drug and alcohol issues but bad judgement calls continuously. One of the mom's is most likely going to be kicked out of housing because instead of paying her rent she used the money to treat her child whenever he would come to visit on visitation days by taking him to fast food or buying him little trinkets.

I am sounding board and advice board for this woman.(The ministry has also called me several times to confirm information given by other parties).

Another family up island same situation except not only is it the mom, teenage daughter but adult kids who live outside the home with learning disabilities that I am caught up in the middle yet again.

I know both families for more than 15 years each so I know first hand the trials and tribulations they go through. Both moms are uneducated and seem to almost use their lack of knowledge to further draw me in expecting me to find things on the computer, phone book, ministry issues, child tax, etc. They literally just don't do it. Live in their own worlds.

To top of this my kids tell me pretty much everything in terms of living situations their friends are in. My girls have two sister friends. One of the girls has untreated bulimia. Her mom just yells at her and slaps her whenever she throws up saying it attention getting. Won't take her to her counselling sessions. The other daughter is crying all the time. Today she called her mom at work because her sister was throwing up several times in less than an hour. Instead of being supportive the mom calls screaming at first daughter. Daughter leaves. Second girl tells her her mom that yelling won't help and she gets slapped across the face and told to get out and don't come back. This has been ongoing for about a few years now but the slapping has been happening more and more lately from what I understand. My girls have asked me to call the school tomorrow and tell the counselling what is going on. I have never met the mom and only know of her through phone calls when dealing with sleepovers, etc.

There are also other situations with other kids that I am aware of via the kids. I am not talking about different parenting styles but outright bad parenting decisions(calling names, insulting(calling kids fat or stupid) slapping, spending money rather than paying bills, etc

One girl who is currently 15 has been told by her family she needs to find another place to live when she is 16. The family is Chinese and the daughter is very much Canadianized and the family calls her fat and finds fault with her constantly.

My house has become a flop house of sorts for teens that won't tell authority figures what their lives are like. Most don't want to upset the parental figures anymore than what they have already. I am feeding these kids on a disability pension as well(thank god for coupons, lol)

They all are drinking excessively and using recreation drugs too. (Parents too from what my kids have said).

I put a post today on facebook indicating that there are major changes coming up soon for those who constantly expect me to come up with solutions to their problems. One person actually acknowledged that she leans on me way too much. That was nice but she really wasn't one of the ones I was specifying, lol.

Now all this is being said because it is currently 3 am here and I can not sleep. My feet are swollen. My arms are swollen. Water retention most likely but I am also worried because my blood pressure has been up lately as well. My bat wings are so large now the blood pressure cuff doesn't fit on me properly and I have to hold it with my opposite arm while the dr is taking the measurement. The velcro is slidding off while the cuff is inflated. I asked if this makes a difference and he said no. Not sure if that is true.

I start each and every day with wonderful intentions. Drink water(I have a cooler right next to my chair). Take vitamins(in a box next to my feet. Take my medication(on table next to chair). I am lucky if I accomplish 10% of these daily goals by the end of the day. I am so forgetful. I will literally be opening up pill bottles and get distracted by yet another thought or issue that comes up. My mind is like a sieve.

Not even going to mention my financial situation other than to say it currently sucks. Bills are being paid but interest rates are going to kill me if I can't pay my credit cards down better than I am currently. I am robbing Peter to pay Paul monthly.

My thoughts and feelings are obviously all over the place tonight and I apologize. Feel free to come here and knock some sense into me.
momof3heathens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 06:47 AM   #253

Momof3, I wish I could comfort you and be close to you to help you and support you. I know you are really, really, really dealing with a lot right now.

When we are so deep in the midst of the turmoil, we can only do baby steps. Big steps make us lose our balance and fall back into the depth of the morass. But a baby step can move us forward, slowly but surely, while allowing us to still maintain our balance.

Your son is now on the Zoloft, and that should be taking better effect very shortly now, so I know you are hoping that will help him.

All of your children are at the age of coming independence, but that means an age where they can really be hard to deal with! Believe me. I remember. How they can be under the belief that they are *Oh So Mature* and yet make some of the stupidest decisions was always beyond me! But I'm telling you, making them face their mistakes and deal with the results of their decisions was the best thing I ever did for us all.

I gave them very little *extra* money. They did receive their money for clothing, school supplies, etc. and if they blew it all in the first week on concert tickets, etc. and there wasn't anything left for clothing, Oh..Well.. too bad. At that point they made due with their old clothing, or I'd buy them something from the thrift store. That was it. It didn't take long before they changed their views on how to make their money do its thing for their best benefit. (By the way, where do your kids get their money?)

They were expected to earn additional money to buy their extras. Example would be, I'd provide the first phone. Not top of the line! If they wanted top of the line, they had to fork over the additional money to get up to that price. If they lost the phone, Oh..Well.. too bad. Better start earning the money to buy a new one.

You said, ".....They don't learn from their mistakes. They have lost high value items(paid for by themselves)and all they do is ***** and moan continously and go out replace item and do the same behaviours that led to the item being lost or stolen in the first place....." But that's not your problem. Don't make it your problem. Sometimes our kids have to be allowed to wallow in the residue of their mistakes before it finally begins to sink in. Sometimes they make the same mistakes over again. But eventually it sinks in, and they really seem to finally learn to be more responsible. You just can't give in. That only teaches them that ranting and moaning and raging... works out just wonderfully!... That somehow you'll eventually bail them out. Not the right lesson. LOL

You said ".....If I dont' do laundry they buy themselves new clothes or borrow from a friend....." But that's up to them. The decision is theirs. They are all old enough to do their own laundry. And they should be learning how to do it, and they should be doing it. But if they don't, Oh..Well.. too bad. It's up to them to solve their problem. If they choose to just buy new clothes, that's their choice. I wouldn't be giving them the money, but if they have it, that's their choice. Or borrowing clothing from a friend? That's their choice. I'll bet that gets pretty old from the friend's view after awhile, but, Oh..Well.. too bad. That's their choice. They're old enough to do their own laundry. I'll bet that eventually, if you stand firm in your announcement that *I'm not your maid and the time has come for you to learn to stand on your own feet and assume some responsibility for yourselves!" And then don't back down. Period. It's amazing how fast they will sink into angry despair and ballooning chaos, but sooner or later they buck up and begin to accept a bit of the responsibility for themselves, begin to care for their possessions and their surroundings, etc.

If they leave their crap lying around, open the door to their rooms and pitch that stuff in and close the door. If they don't clean up their rooms, just close the door on the sight of it. Those are their rooms. That's their stuff. It's up to them. They can certainly take care of their own rooms. Or not. That's up to them. Oh..Well.. Not your problem.

Do they go to school during the days? Are they gone for a few hours where you can, bit by bit, attend to first one room and then another in your home. (Not their rooms!) For myself, I thought FlyLady was helpful in that no room had to be completely done right now, but after a few weeks, the whole house was pretty amazing! Like.. you could actually not worry about company stopping in unannounced!

And this might be a pretty good time to begin to wean those folks who seem to consider you their shrink, confessor, counselor, and general *Dear Abby* go-to. You have got to learn to be able to say, "I'm just not coming up with any ideas for you. I think you should contact (insert appropriate aid agency name)." Say, "I'm fresh out of ideas for you. I recommend you contact your minister." "Your doctor." Your family members." It's nice for you to be concerned for them. And charitable giving of your resources and your time is always laudable. But at some point, when folks overstep, it's up to you to put them back at arms length. It's time to let them know that you can only recommend that they seek help at the appropriate agency. If you don't put your foot down, they're sure not going to put it down for you.

As to eating, I'd just fix meals. If they eat, they eat. If they don't like it, they can fix themselves a peanut butter sandwich. But there are mealtimes, and you fix meals, and then that's it. Whoever wants to eat, eats. And then the leftovers are put away and the dishes are done. And that meal is over.

I know you are feeling pretty desperate and in emotional turmoil right now. Gradually your own children have learned to run all over you, and everyone else has learned to dump their problems on you. Nobody should be in your position. But only you can end it. And I think you should.

Many hugs!!!!!
Old 09-12-2011, 06:48 AM   #254
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/IDK/140
WOE: Currently JUDDD
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
I am absolutely still doing JUDDD, I don't see myself ever doing anything else. I started JUDDD the first week of December, 2010 after reading a thread by Leo 41. Leo's lost over 90lbs and she's in her late 60' and post-menopausal, with thyroid issues. Something just clicked in my head. Only "diet" every other day? Perfect! I've always been able to follow a program for a little while, then fall off and regain everything back! I lost the same 10 pounds over and over again in 2010 and was completely disheartened with myself, no confidence and thinking of giving up completely. JUDDD has been the best lifestyle change I've ever made. Just about anyone can diet for one day, and a nice meal is only a day away. Perfect!
Here we go again....
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 06:48 AM   #255
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning ladies!

momof3, sorry for your troubles. I hope you can find a way to find time for yourself and things get better.

So after yoyoing up and down for the last 4 days or so, I finally lost another 1.2... so that was a good feeling this morning... with TOM still looming and due today that made me feel even better since I was not sure if i would see any Down number until it was moving out, so hopefully I will not go up due to it still ... (although still possible)...

I think I am settling into the routine of UD and DD and eating habits, so thats nice too. The weather has been semi nice, not too hot, not too cold, enjoying that as well!

I am starting a new exercise program today (quite a bit of like P90x) you might of heard of that one. This one is Chalean Extreme, which is by the lady who does my turbo kickboxing rounds from the gym... looks intense, lets hope i like it!! LOL

Okay, well enjoy your monday ladies and I will check in again soon!

Last edited by catjrow3; 09-12-2011 at 07:32 AM..
Old 09-12-2011, 06:50 AM   #256
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
I am absolutely still doing JUDDD, I don't see myself ever doing anything else. I started JUDDD the first week of December, 2010 after reading a thread by Leo 41. Leo's lost over 90lbs and she's in her late 60' and post-menopausal, with thyroid issues. Something just clicked in my head. Only "diet" every other day? Perfect! I've always been able to follow a program for a little while, then fall off and regain everything back! I lost the same 10 pounds over and over again in 2010 and was completely disheartened with myself, no confidence and thinking of giving up completely. JUDDD has been the best lifestyle change I've ever made. Just about anyone can diet for one day, and a nice meal is only a day away. Perfect!
Very nice Blonde Rose.... are you at goal, or still working towards it?
Old 09-12-2011, 06:57 AM   #257
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: paulabob
Stats: 204/124.6/110 49%/27.4%/20% 5'2"
WOE: Atkins/hHcg/Optimal whatever works
Start Date: restart March '10
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof3heathens View Post
My thoughts and feelings are obviously all over the place tonight and I apologize. Feel free to come here and knock some sense into me.
I think you need hugs! And remember you can only control your own actions. We can worry for others but not "fix" them.

I'm starting JUDDD - have done a brief bout before, and am combining with homeopathic hcg on my down days, which are going to be Monday/Wed/Fri. I'm going to strive for 500 calories - but accept that I might only make it to 800. Will try to eat about 1700 or so on my up days. I'd like to continue until I finally reach goal, which is 110 for me (short and small framed, carry weight on lower belly).

I spent the weekend "loading" which is free eating pre diet phase of the hcg plan. I'm up 5.6 pounds from it, so expect I'll have some rapid weight loss this week since it will mostly be water. So, Saturday was 130.4, today 136. Can't wait to get back down and see some fresh numbers. Anything below 129.2 will be "virgin" weight. Maybe in a couple of weeks.
2012 lowish Optimal calories, June25th 132.6/124.6/110
paulabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 07:09 AM   #258

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
Exactly! I'm another woman like Leo who has about the same health issues, with the thyroid disease, certainly post-menopausal at age 68 years, and with the fibromyalgia and arthritis. JUDDD is wonderful for me. I can manage my weight, eat great foods, plan to indulge at parties and social gatherings like all the other *normal* people, and enjoy improved health all the while.

I'm so tickled you're happy with JUDDD too.

I know you're in the midst of a whirlwind these days, getting your house ready for the returning daughter and family. It'll all work out, and I know it will be wonderful having your granddaughter (s) there to enjoy!

So happy you stopped by, and hope we'll see you often! When you have finally returned to a somewhat more settled life, hope you will be able to stop here more often and offer your knowledge and support and encouragement to us all! Have a great day!
Old 09-12-2011, 07:12 AM   #259
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulabob View Post
I think you need hugs! And remember you can only control your own actions. We can worry for others but not "fix" them.

I'm starting JUDDD - have done a brief bout before, and am combining with homeopathic hcg on my down days, which are going to be Monday/Wed/Fri. I'm going to strive for 500 calories - but accept that I might only make it to 800. Will try to eat about 1700 or so on my up days. I'd like to continue until I finally reach goal, which is 110 for me (short and small framed, carry weight on lower belly).

I spent the weekend "loading" which is free eating pre diet phase of the hcg plan. I'm up 5.6 pounds from it, so expect I'll have some rapid weight loss this week since it will mostly be water. So, Saturday was 130.4, today 136. Can't wait to get back down and see some fresh numbers. Anything below 129.2 will be "virgin" weight. Maybe in a couple of weeks.
Good luck Paula!! I just started JUDDD without loading... I hate relosing it again at the beginning! I am sure you will do great!!
Old 09-12-2011, 07:15 AM   #260
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Maryo
Stats: 220/127/120 5'5", 50+
WOE: Atkins/Primal
Start Date: March 2011 (restart)
Welcome, Sally! I think you'll find this to be a supportive, accepting group. Many of us are doing JUDDD differently - high carb, moderate carb, low carb, higher calories, lower calories, two DDs in a row, medium days thrown in here and there. . . it runs the gamut.

Momof3 - I feel for you, and hope things get better. I have 3 kids (2 teens and a tween who acts like one), all of whom are unhelpful slobs. I blame myself for not coming down on them harder when they were younger, but I think teens are tough no matter what. Good luck to you!
Maryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 07:33 AM   #261

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
catjrow3[/B];14995534].........I finally lost another 0.8..........settling into the routine of UD and DD and eating habits..........starting a new exercise program ..........Chalean Extreme
You are really in charge of yourself! I am so impressed and need to work on my own habits to follow your excellent example. Congrats on being down the .8 and Good Luck with the new exercise program. That one sounds like quite a challenge. I'll be sympathizing with you as you rub Ben Gay into your aching muscles. Just joking. I'm impressed with your gumption!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
paulabob[/B];14995563]..........I'm starting JUDDD..........combining with homeopathic hcg on my down days..........going to strive for 500 calories - but accept that I might only make it to 800. Will try to eat about 1700 or so on my up days. I'd like to continue until I finally reach goal, which is 110 for me (short and small framed, carry weight on lower belly).

Glad you're ready to join us on JUDDD. Yay! I am always fascinated with the hcg use and protocol, so will be watching you guys who are taking it on your DDs to see how that works for you in conjunction with doing the basic JUDDD plan.

Your plan for doing JUDDD sounds workable, doesn't it. One nice thing about this plan is that it's adaptable and can be manipulated with higher or lower DD percentages, depending on how fast you hope to lose, whether you are going into a maintenance phase, etc.

And I'll be cheering you on, looking for the morning you announce that you've broken through that 129.2 scale readout, and you're heading on down! Woo Hoo!
Old 09-12-2011, 07:37 AM   #262

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryo View Post
Welcome, Sally! I think you'll find this to be a supportive, accepting group. Many of us are doing JUDDD differently - high carb, moderate carb, low carb, higher calories, lower calories, two DDs in a row, medium days thrown in here and there. . . it runs the gamut.

Momof3 - I feel for you, and hope things get better. I have 3 kids (2 teens and a tween who acts like one), all of whom are unhelpful slobs. I blame myself for not coming down on them harder when they were younger, but I think teens are tough no matter what. Good luck to you!
Good Morning, Mary. I had 2 daughters, and we love each other madly, but Whoa! There were a few struggles during those teen years. Now we're best friends. And the daughter who was the neatest one as a teen has the messiest house now. Go figure!
Old 09-12-2011, 07:40 AM   #263
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
Good Morning, Mary. I had 2 daughters, and we love each other madly, but Whoa! There were a few struggles during those teen years. Now we're best friends. And the daughter who was the neatest one as a teen has the messiest house now. Go figure!
Me too! I had two girls and both teens together and lord help me I did not think I would live through! LOL But now, they are wonderful!! They think I was horribly strict and mean, but they turned out well now, so I must have done something right! They are both strong, independent girls with a plan in life. Feels pretty good... NOW.... I have a 15 year old son still at home who could probably live with mommy the rest of his life...not sure where I am going wrong with this one! LOL The girls took off as soon as they could! This one will grow mold I think!
Old 09-12-2011, 07:49 AM   #264

Quote:
Originally Posted by catjrow3 View Post
Me too! I had two girls and both teens together and lord help me I did not think I would live through! LOL But now, they are wonderful!! They think I was horribly strict and mean, but they turned out well now, so I must have done something right! They are both strong, independent girls with a plan in life. Feels pretty good... NOW.... I have a 15 year old son still at home who could probably live with mommy the rest of his life...not sure where I am going wrong with this one! LOL The girls took off as soon as they could! This one will grow mold I think!
LOL
Old 09-12-2011, 12:39 PM   #265
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: penguinpower
WOE: Thinking of trying NK
Greetings, JUDDDers! This past week or so turned out to be so exceptionally busy that I haven't had a chance to read much or post. Or to stay on plan...but I didn't do too badly. I had planned to do three MDs in a row last week to handle part of the schedule--well, those unfortuantely turned into UDs, but no serious damage was done. I've been MDing ever since and actually lost some! I'm still up 3 pounds over my low, but I like the trend lol.

Firefighterlady's post about over-indulging in alcohol at a bachelorette party made me think about alcohol consumption and my weight bounces, and by gosh, I think there is something there. I don't drink much, but do have one or two "chick" drinks at social gatherings, and I GAIN EVERY TIME! But this whole past week when I was eating at higher levels of calories without ANY DDs, I didn't drink, and I actually came down a little from my recent bounce up....hmmmm....

These three pounds I'm still stuck with were part of a big gain over the labor day weekend when I attended a pig roast and several picnics. At all those events, I ate moderately, but drank moderately too, and was up like six or seven pounds. To say I was ticked off would be putting it mildly. But if I can pinpoint alcohol as a likely culprit, it gives me a new perspective on my issues.

Schedule is still crazy and so it looks like I'll have to do MDs today and tomorrow with an UD on Wednesday, but then I should be able to get back on track JUDDD-wise. And since I don't care if I drink or not, I just won't even in social situations - and see how it goes!

Momof3 - you'e gotten such good advice from folks with experience. I don't have kids so have no experience or advice to give, so all I can say is, I hope you are able to find your way through this.
penguinpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 12:52 PM   #266

Donna, it's so wonderful to have you posting again! I know you've been busy and in a whirlwind lately, but I've missed you!

Very interesting about the alcoholic drinks. It really does make you go hmmmmmm......, doesn't it. And if you are just as good with a virgin tonic with lime or something along those lines, just as an experiment for a few weeks, that might give you the proof to prove or disprove your theory about this. It sure sounds like a possibility, and the likely culprit as to unexplained weight gain that is out of proportion to what food was consumed!

When are you and your mom going to Mexico?
Old 09-12-2011, 01:10 PM   #267
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: penguinpower
WOE: Thinking of trying NK
We're going to Aruba this time - might go to Mexico early next year with some friends, if we can find the right deal. So far, no good. I only travel when it's almost as cheap as staying home lol. Mom and I are leaving Sept. 25 and coming back on October 6.

After Wednesday, I'm going to really buckle down and see if I can get those 3 pounds (at least!) off before the trip. I don't think we have anything coming up between now and then where I would encounter drinking - but you never know. And I will be happy with a "virgin" just to see what does or does not happen!

I missed everybody too!
penguinpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 01:41 PM   #268
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: LC..My "Don't Have To Think Because It's Simple"!
Momof3..... and I think the only thing you need to do is learn to say NO and mean it! Reading your post was the way my life USE to be. I finally took control of how I wanted it to be treated and started saying NO, to everyone and everything!! Grandma use to say: "We teach people how to treat us". Very true and now maybe it's time to RE-TEACH the people in your life. And as far as being the hero to everyone, DON'T! They will find another hero, believe me! And the last thing is to ask yourself WHAT you get out of being the "hero" because like it or not we all need to feed the ego somehow and being the "hero" is a BIG ego feeder! I mean no snarkiness in the last remark, just wanted to give you something that someone once gave me to think about and that made all the difference in how my life FINALLY became my own!!

Welcome new JUDDDers! It's so nice to see all the activity on our JUDDD forum!

Things are well in Beeb Land and I'm still holding steady at my goal weight. Feeling much better than I was Friday and started taking my probiotics again and I gotta say I feel wonderful when I remember to take them!

Just went out for Sushi today for the first time in ages and I had to laugh because I didn't feel guilty about eating the carbs in the meal! I JUST LOVE JUDDD!

UD today and DBF is coming over for pork roast dinner and then we are going to watch True Blood because he was at the Jets game last night and I was watching 911 stuff. Very sad, very profound and very thought provoking (both the 911 stuff AND the Jets game). I don't think I will ever be able to watch the Budweiser commercial where the horses bow to the empty skyline of New York without crying my eyes out! It just get to me every time!

From reading the posts it looks like everyone is finding THEIR JUDDD way and I love some of the ideas, suggesting and ALWAYS, the wonderful support.

I just love all you JUDDD BUDDDs!!! AND I missed you, Penguin, good to see you here today!!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 02:12 PM   #269
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AmyLiz
Stats: pregnant
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: April 3, 2011
I just started JUDDD today with my first DD. I am also currently on a 24hour fast, so in a couple hours, I'll break my fast with a 500ish calorie dinner and call it a night. I am combining LC, IF, and JUDDD. I was doing LC and IF before, but the JUDDD makes sure I don't pig out when I break the fast. It also kicks it up a notch since I was fasting 2 days a week, and now I'll be fasting 3 days a week along with my DDs.

Right now I'm feeling alright, it just feels like another fasting day to me so far. It'll be interesting to see how I'm feeling once I hit my 500cal limit. I think before, I was eating closer to 1000 cals on the days I broke my fast. I really hope this helps to get the scale moving!
Old 09-12-2011, 03:18 PM   #270
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: halos
Stats: (275)256/244/140
Start Date: 9/24/2013
Thanks for the warm welcome. UD today, so far 1200 calories ...so I should wind up at 1500-1600. It may be a little higher because I am going to bake some chicken skins later. Planning on Sunday-Tuesday-Thursday for DD's.

Momof3- My suggestion is do only what you can do with joy. As long as your kids are grown enough to take care of themselves, you are not obligated to baby them. Do what you need to so that you feel good about yourself. Start with your personal space and see where it leads you. Hugs, teens are rough...it seems that no matter what you do , they think you are wrong.
halos is offline   Reply With Quote