Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2011, 06:37 PM   #181
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof3heathens View Post
I am still here. Have my good days and my bad. Today is a down day as I am restarting properly. I didn't stick to any sort of diet this last week and a bit due to some ongoing personal home crisis that I needed to deal with.

My son has been put on Zoloft so I am hoping beyond hope that he can pull himself together. He is optimistic that this will help him.

Haven't read any posts this past week as I am dealing with a lot but will definitely go back and do a read when I can spend any more than a couple of seconds on the computer at a time.
You and DS are in my prayers and I see a good future for him. I was on Zoloft for a time and I will tell you it was a life saver for me! It takes time to kick in, so remind him of that, but this med works well with his body he will find he will be feeling better in a matter of weeks!

Good to see you here and look forward to you posting about better days very soon!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2011, 06:51 PM   #182
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: momof3heathens
Stats: 388/315/150
WOE: Atkins/JUDDD/IF?
Start Date: Always a startdate
Thanks Beeb/Linda.
momof3heathens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 07:06 PM   #183
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Momof3heathens - just wanted to send lots of love n positive thoughts to you and your son. Hope he is soon back on the road to happiness. Take care of yourself!

Big hugs
Jo
X
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 07:43 PM   #184
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catjrow3
Stats: 240/177/150
WOE: NK - LCHF
Start Date: 05/18/2013 (restart of course)
Quote:
I am still here. Have my good days and my bad. Today is a down day as I am restarting properly. I didn't stick to any sort of diet this last week and a bit due to some ongoing personal home crisis that I needed to deal with.

My son has been put on Zoloft so I am hoping beyond hope that he can pull himself together. He is optimistic that this will help him.

Haven't read any posts this past week as I am dealing with a lot but will definitely go back and do a read when I can spend any more than a couple of seconds on the computer at a time.
Momof3...I hope things improve for your son. We are here for you when you need us, and have time to get back on track. Hugs
catjrow3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 06:45 AM   #185
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: cazz
Stats: 162/150/130
WOE: JUDD
Start Date: August 2014
Hello Ladies,

I hope you don't mind but I would really like to join your JUDD threads. I have been reading through a few of them over the past week or so and JUDD really seems like the right plan for me. I have struggled with my weight for years and have got it down to 174 (last time I checked) but the issue is maintaining that weight loss and losing the last 25(ish)lbs.

Today is my first DD. Do any of you lovely ladies have any tips?

Caz

P.S. Momof3heathens, I sincerely hope and pray for you and your son. Best wishes!
cazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 07:39 AM   #186
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: JoLi
Stats: 196/191.5/160
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 8/19/14
Welcome Caz. The thing that helps me out is planning ahead. I figure out what I have to eat and what the calories are etc. I use ****** to keep track. Works well for me.
JoLi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 07:42 AM   #187
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Maryo
Stats: 220/127/120 5'5", 50+
WOE: Atkins/Primal
Start Date: March 2011 (restart)
Momof3Heathens, I'm sending positive thoughts your way. I hope the Zoloft works for your son.

Cazz - welcome to JUDDD! My best tip would be to have plenty of low calorie, filling foods available to eat on your down days. I went a bit over my down day calories yesterday because I wasn't prepared enough and it was too easy to grab a handful of almonds. If I'd had celery washed and chopped, or a bowl of sugar free jello made, it would have been just as easy to grab that.

Today is an up day for me. I'm planning to make some of Linda Sue's broccoli crunch salad - I LOVE that stuff! According to ****** and the BMI stuff on there, I'm less than 4 pounds from healthy weight. I'm actually not - 150 is nowhere near a healthy weight for my body composition (I'm very small boned), but it sounds good to supposedly be that close!
Maryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 07:52 AM   #188
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Good Morning, fellow JUDDDers and Friends.

We had a whirlwind day yesterday with breakfast on the road, luncheon at the church after the funeral services over in Ames, and out to a neighborhood party at a local supper club when we got back home.

So yesterday was a delicious Up day, overboard on calories and on stress and on being tired, and I'm up in weight this morning by 2.6 pounds!!! I know it'll come back off as I battle it with a couple of good DDs, and I know it is simply the result of overeating on the *Church Lady Luncheon* spread... you know the kind, every lady brings in her best salad or casserole or dessert, and it all weighs down the long tables lined up along the side of the fellowship room in the basement... and then there are always urns of coffee and iced tea and some suspiciously brightly colored *punch*... I have no idea of the carbs and calories in what I ate. I just helped myself and enjoyed it all. Topped off with a small serving of chocolate cake with the best vanilla frosting I've ever tasted.

Last evening I enjoyed a couple of good beers at the Club and then started off with a bowl of fine French onion soup, then grilled shrimp on a bed of rice pilaf, with mixed vegetables, and ended the evening with a chocolate molten lava cake and coffee.

So lots of Up Day food delights, too many Up Day calories and carbs, and the resulting gain shown on the scale this morning, but somehow it feels OK to my mind. The funeral was sad, the church luncheon was warm and filled with love, though, and then the evening neighborhood party at the Club sort of reinstated the notion that life continues. And is good.

But I oh-so-need a good DD today!

Nice to be back here with you guys today. I'm off to ****** to figure out my meal plan for Thursday.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:29 AM   #189
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/23%BF/20%BF Size 26/6-8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Pat-sounds like a long but fulfilling day. Glad you saw the full circle in it.

Cass- I'm new too. We'll figure it out together.

Momof3- hope things get better for you guys.

Mary-LS's recipes are great for UD's. A lot of cream cheese and cheese - yummy!

Faith-I did ther full 3 week P3 then 2 weeks of P4 and decided to just go on to JUDDD now. The stabilization is more about your body settling at the new lower weight while eating more food. I think the number of CD's I had to do was so similar to UD and DD's that I decided to just go for it. Good luck!

I did a good DD yesterday and survived. It was more "head hunger" than real hunger. I missed eating, and agree w/ the advice, planning ahead is a good plan!

I will be away in CO all next week. We're staying in a hotel and it's supposed to have a small kitchen. DD's may be tricky to pull off, but I'm going to try. Depending on what type of store is nearby I hope to be able to stock the "room" w. good stuff.

Today's an UP day, yeah!! Just had some yummy greek yogurt (full fat) w/ strawberries. Now having my coffee . Wouldn't it be lovely to have all UD's?
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...l#post17065682
julieboolie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 08:31 AM   #190
Major LCF Poster!

Morning ladies,
Pat, that does sound like a "filling" UD! Glad you enjoyed it. After my down day yesterday I am down 0.4 of the 0.8 I was up, but not back to where I was a couple days ago.... but I did weight training last night for the first time in sooooo long... not sure if my muscles are holding water (I feel like I should weigh less)... But alas, there it is! LOL Either way, I am down 2.8 at least this week.. Official weigh in day is tomorrow, but ... its an UD today, so not sure thats a great weighin day after an UD???

Welcome Cazz to the JUDDD forum. Jump right in...

Okay, will check back later girls...
Old 09-08-2011, 08:32 AM   #191
Major LCF Poster!

Julie, yes, wouldn't it be nice for all UDs!!! But... reality, the weight part would not be nice.. :-(
Old 09-08-2011, 08:51 AM   #192
Junior LCF Member

wow the church lady luncheon sounds fabulous!!

I just have a couple of quick questions about this WOE. There is a lot of emphasis on DD calories but how much do you all eat on up days? Do you count cals/carbs or just eat whatever?

Julie - I know exactly what you mean about head hunger rather than real hunger. Mmmmm strawberries and greek yoghurt sounds delicious!!

Cathy - Thank you and congrats on being down 2.8 so far this week!! That's fantastic!

I am certain my brother has all UD's! It's a shame the fast metabolism gene missed me out

As for my first DD, everything seems to be going smoothly. So far I have eaten 4 ryvita multi-seed thins (150 calories roughly) and a skinny cappuccino (50 calories). If I stick to the JUDDD calculator's recommended DD calories for my height and weight etc. then I have about 150 calories left. I'm thinking coffee and coconut oil (I am a sucker for that stuff...yummy! )

Hope everyone else is having a lovely day!

Caz
Old 09-08-2011, 08:57 AM   #193
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cazz View Post
wow the church lady luncheon sounds fabulous!!

I just have a couple of quick questions about this WOE. There is a lot of emphasis on DD calories but how much do you all eat on up days? Do you count cals/carbs or just eat whatever?

Julie - I know exactly what you mean about head hunger rather than real hunger. Mmmmm strawberries and greek yoghurt sounds delicious!!

Cathy - Thank you and congrats on being down 2.8 so far this week!! That's fantastic!

I am certain my brother has all UD's! It's a shame the fast metabolism gene missed me out

As for my first DD, everything seems to be going smoothly. So far I have eaten 4 ryvita multi-seed thins (150 calories roughly) and a skinny cappuccino (50 calories). If I stick to the JUDDD calculator's recommended DD calories for my height and weight etc. then I have about 150 calories left. I'm thinking coffee and coconut oil (I am a sucker for that stuff...yummy! )

Hope everyone else is having a lovely day!

Caz
Caz, most people shoot for 500 on the DDs and they do not have to be counted in carbs/fat, etc, unless you want to. There are no "restricted" foods on JUDDD, just calorie limits!! You might want to save the CO and such for your UDs and eat more calories... so you are not hungry. Veges are good and filling and low cal!! Good luck!
Old 09-08-2011, 09:15 AM   #194
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Maryo
Stats: 220/127/120 5'5", 50+
WOE: Atkins/Primal
Start Date: March 2011 (restart)
***but ... its an UD today, so not sure thats a great weighin day after an UD??? ***

Maybe I'm just odd, but in my experience, it doesn't matter if I weigh after an UD or a DD - I'm just as likely to be up after a DD and down after an UD as vice versa.
Maryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 09:17 AM   #195
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryo View Post
***but ... its an UD today, so not sure thats a great weighin day after an UD??? ***

Maybe I'm just odd, but in my experience, it doesn't matter if I weigh after an UD or a DD - I'm just as likely to be up after a DD and down after an UD as vice versa.
Thanks Mary...guess we will see. In my very limited time on JUDDD, I was the same once after an UD, then up 0.8 after an up day... so ...guess we will see tomorrow huh??
Old 09-08-2011, 09:22 AM   #196
Junior LCF Member

Awesome. Thanks for the advice Cathy!
Old 09-08-2011, 09:23 AM   #197
Major LCF Poster!

Sure
Old 09-08-2011, 09:29 AM   #198

Quote:

Just thinking of you and keeping my fingers crossed that Zoloft will be a wonderful med to get everything all in balance. Sending my regards and best wishes for you and your son! Just join us here when you can.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 09:29 AM   #199
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Rachelocity
WOE: Fitbit/My Fitness Pal
Start Date: Every day I'm shuffling
Hi everyone! Sorry for not checking in, but as my fave Party Rock dudes would sing, "Every Day I'm JUDDDing!" Almost at the end of Week 1, no idea how I'm doing scale-wise until Saturday a.m. Tomorrow's a DD, and I'll try for low-volume of veggies so they don't bloat me on the scale.

I don't know if anyone else has had this experience but here goes: After 2.5 years on WW, it's actually harder to plan for UDs than the DDs! I'm simply not used to eating more on a regular basis. After reading what Denise85 (I think I have the # part right!) said in a thread in the ML about healing her metabolism, I am now of the mindset that the UDs are as important physiologically as the DDs. I am also mindful that UDs cannot be free-for-alls and are part of a Bigger Plan for My Food. After eating 2/3 of a jar of PB in one day while loading for my Epic HCG Fail, I don't want a repeat performance! (I worked around this by buying the individual packs of PB at the warehouse store. I can't see opening 56 little packs! )
Old 09-08-2011, 09:35 AM   #200

Quote:
I hope you don't mind but I would really like to join your JUDD threads. I have been reading through a few of them over the past week or so and JUDD really seems like the right plan for me. I have struggled with my weight for years and have got it down to 174 (last time I checked) but the issue is maintaining that weight loss and losing the last 25(ish)lbs.

Hi, Caz. Welcome! Glad to have you join us.

We all choose slightly differing menus when we follow JUDDD, depending on what foods we enjoy, how those foods make us feel, our general health status, etc.

For myself, nothing is off limits, but I mostly maintain a mid-range of carbs overall. But I don't worry about carb counts at all and just stay focused on my calories and staying beneath my calorie ceiling limits on both Down Days and Up Days.

Glad you've joined us, and I know you will settle into the calorie levels that make JUDDD work well for you and your weight loss at the same time it allows you the freedom to really enjoy your meals and foods on your Up Days without the feeling that you are even in the midst of a *diet*.

Welcome to the Group! Happy JUDDDing!
Old 09-08-2011, 09:38 AM   #201
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Morning All!! Off to Atlantic City (again! ) for an over night with the "girls". Thanks the powers that be it's an UD because they want to go to a buffet and you guys KNOW what happens there! Like Pat's church luncheon, you see so many wonderful things and just want a "taste" but those "tastes" add up! Not sweating it, though and am going to totally enjoy winning BIG money today/tonight/tomorrow!!

Had a good DD yesterday and I think I found the magic numbers to maintain. No loss and no gain today on the scale and THAT is what I'm looking for. I know the numbers won't stay that way everyday but in the "range" will be good. I had to up my DD calories because keeping them at 700 or even 725 I was still losing weight. But last night I did my first higher calorie (825) DD and besides feeling like a LOT of food for a DD, I keep my weight right where it was 2 days ago. It's an experiment in progress so time will tell!

Quote:
Hello Ladies,

Caz

P.S. Momof3heathens, I sincerely hope and pray for you and your son. Best wishes!
SO glad to have you on board with us!! A better, supportive, caring and understanding group of people you will never find on any other board, I promise! LOVE my JUDDD BUDDDS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryo View Post

Same here. Up on a DD and down on an UD! Doesn't matter, I think it's just how our bodies go sometimes and it's ok because it's still a wonderful WOE and one I am a lifetime member of!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 09:44 AM   #202
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: momof3heathens
Stats: 388/315/150
WOE: Atkins/JUDDD/IF?
Start Date: Always a startdate
Thanks everyone for all the wonderful messages of concern. He is optimistic that the meds will work for him. Right now it just a matter of finding when is the best time of the day to take them for optimal performance. He didn't sleep well last night and I could feel he was slightly on edge but he managed to keep it under control.

I ended up sleeping pretty much all day long yesterday to catch up on the lack of sleep I had gotten in the last 4-5 days. That helped a lot in keeping my dd a success. Having another down day today as well. When I followed the plan of 2 dds for everyone 1 ud I felt better overall.

I somehow managed to sleep wrong on my arm several nights ago and have been in extreme pain. Tried icing it and tried heat as well but the location of the pain makes it difficult to apply anything to it in terms of pads as they keep falling off. Today is the first day the pain isn't quite as noticeable thankfully. I have a lot of catching up to do housework wise and shopping too.

Maryo: I too find that I am often up on a dd and down on a ud. That being said I think it was a major reason I justified to myself my binges as I wouldn't be up the next day or two after a binge on lowcarb or all carb days but would see the scale up 3-4 days after I was already back on track. I then would be frustrated with myself and start the cycle all over again.

Pat: Thanks. I think I just gained a couple of pounds reading about your up day. Just kidding. Glad you enjoyed yourself. Question is did you ask for the recipe for icing or not? lol

Caz: welcome

Sorry if I missed anyone else. I am afraid if I go back and do a search I will lose this post.

Hope we all have a tremendously good Thursday.

Last edited by momof3heathens; 09-08-2011 at 09:45 AM..
momof3heathens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 09:54 AM   #203

Quote:
Originally Posted by catjrow3 View Post
After my down day yesterday I am down 0.4 of the 0.8 I was up, but not back to where I was a couple days ago.... but I did weight training last night for the first time in sooooo long... not sure if my muscles are holding water (I feel like I should weigh less)... But alas, there it is! LOL Either way, I am down 2.8 at least this week.. Official weigh in day is tomorrow, but ... its an UD today, so not sure thats a great weighin day after an UD???
Good luck with your weigh-in Friday morning. Hope your weight loss for the week holds, and I expect it will be holding in there pretty close.

I tend to weigh slightly less after a DD and slightly more after an UD, but don't actually count on those numbers as an actual reflection of true weight loss. I think it is often a lot more the reflection of how much of my previous day's meals are still in my body, or whether there is very little in me at all from scant DD food the previous day.

And often enough, I'm up a bit after a DD or down slightly after an UD, so I know that weight loss doesn't truly follow a 24-hour time period.

And my fat cells can empty of my blubber and still be filled with replacement water for awhile before finally getting a clue and letting go of the water too.

And then there is the occasional week where I've been as good as gold in following JUDDD, and there is absolutely no weight loss shown at the end of the week. Rats!

But overall, when I keep to my DD calories without exceeding my UD ceiling, I lose weight.

Keeping my fingers crossed for your scale to give you a good reading in the morning. I'll be looking forward to a good report!
Old 09-08-2011, 10:20 AM   #204

Quote:
Caz, you can find an Up Day calorie figure to start JUDDD with by going to the JUDDD site and using the calculator there. Or any site like *freedieting*, etc. We even have folks just pick a number out of the air and call that their UD number to start with.

The big thing to realize is.. and it's pretty obvious.. if you are sticking to 500-calorie Down Days, and you aren't losing weight, you have been eating at a *too generous* UD calorie number!

And that UD calorie number can really be a LOT different from one to another of us. How intensely do you work out and for how long and for how many days a week? Or do you? And how old are you.. as metabolism almost invariably slows as you age, especially at mid-life and from then on.

Most of us don't subtract out our exercise calories used and then allow ourselves to eat even more because of that, as that does give us an inflated calorie ceiling, but.. that may work wonderfully well for you.

JUDDD says we certainly don't have to attempt to eat UP TO our calorie ceilings if we aren't hungry.. just eat to feeling satisfied and let it go at that, but then.. there are those of us who find if we push that ceiling in combination with very tight Down Days, we can nudge our metabolisms to work at a bit faster pace.

But then again, if we eat too many UD calories, we can experience absolutely lousy or NO weight loss, so that is a very fine line to tread! In which case, we have to bring the UD calorie number down considerably and start in again.

So JUDDD can seem like walking a tightrope in the beginning. Maybe. Perhaps. Or just start off easy and get better from there.

So in answer to your question, we all seem to have differing calorie numbers to use on our UDs.

I will tell you there was a gal here who used 500 for DDs and 1,500 for her UDs and did one 1,000 MD each week, and she lost at the rate of 10 and 11 pounds a month! So obviously she wasn't going over on her UD calories.

I think you should go to the JUDDD site calculator and get your suggested starting UD calorie number and go from there. (Hint: Just don't over-estimate your idea of your exercise in your own mind when you figure it into the calculator, because most of us have a slower metabolism than normal, else we wouldn't be here in the first place, and sometimes exercise doesn't do for us as much as it's calculated for.)

Last edited by SoHappy; 09-08-2011 at 10:21 AM..
Old 09-08-2011, 10:35 AM   #205
Junior LCF Member

Brilliant, thanks Pat!! Definitely sounds like a good idea to not overestimate with the exercise. I don't work out a lot if at all, but I do enjoy evening walks so I might try that and see how it goes.
Very glad you mentioned about not having to reach the given number for UDs because I was wondering how I would reach that number on healthy food alone (as I was hoping to try to be more healthy generally if possible i.e. no crisps or biscuits but am allowed choc as a treat) so am very happy that it's more of a number to not eat over rather than a target

Thank you everyone for your kind messages and JUDDDing tips. You have made me feel very welcome and I really appreciate it so glad I have found a thread with such lovely JUDDDers in it!!

Caz
Old 09-08-2011, 11:14 AM   #206

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachelocity View Post
I don't know if anyone else has had this experience but here goes: After 2.5 years on WW, it's actually harder to plan for UDs than the DDs! I'm simply not used to eating more on a regular basis. After reading what Denise85 (I think I have the # part right!) said in a thread in the ML about healing her metabolism, I am now of the mindset that the UDs are as important physiologically as the DDs. I am also mindful that UDs cannot be free-for-alls and are part of a Bigger Plan for My Food.
Good! That's what I believe, certainly, and why I've kept pushing my own calorie ceiling, and at age 68 can eat at a higher calorie level than I've been able to for quite a few years! At an age in my life when most would expect me to have to eat little without weight gain, to have a much slower metabolism, I can eat more and maintain my weight at about where I'm happy. Not that I'm quite slim. I expect many might want to get thinner than I am content at right now. You see my avatar picture.. not an obese woman, but not as slim as I could be. But I'm pretty happy here. (I don't talk weight figures, as our body shapes and figure types influence our weight a great deal, so it can be so variable from woman to woman.) But as to the calories, I preach over and over about the joy of eating some really great foods on Up Days, and the value (at least for me) of pairing those fabulous Up Days with the health benefits of the low calorie levels of Down Days, because I still find the calorie restriction studies fascinating!

I have believed for a long time that holding calories down to low levels every single day, as in the traditional diet, WW, and a million other Low Calorie plans, results in your metabolism settling in at that low level and trying to stay there! Bad move! I wanted my metabolism to expand, not reduce in its size and ability!

I also believe that many people cause and create an exaggerated carb sensitivity for themselves by holding themselves to very low carb for an extended period. I am absolutely NOT willing to do that! There is most certainly no way I'm not going to enjoy carbs for the rest of my life, include some very fabulous desserts and some very fabulous breads, etc. I just wouldn't be willing to have to eat like that. People can follow whatever gurus they wish, but for myself, carbs will most definitely be included in my meal plans. Because I love the foods of the plant world as well as the foods we get from the animal world.

I follow JUDDD not just for the weight loss and the ease of maintaining this way, but most certainly for the freedom to eat the foods I enjoy, feel really good about including in my diet, and that delight my palette. I don't push my ideas on others, but I sure feel free to spout what works for me!

I think you are going to really do well with your weight loss and am really looking forward to your journey here as you perfect your eating plan and your levels, as you lose weight and just get healthier all the time. And as your metabolism gets better too!
Old 09-08-2011, 11:20 AM   #207

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeb View Post
Morning All!! Off to Atlantic City (again! ) for an over night with the "girls". Thanks the powers that be it's an UD because they want to go to a buffet and you guys KNOW what happens there! Like Pat's church luncheon, you see so many wonderful things and just want a "taste" but those "tastes" add up! Not sweating it, though and am going to totally enjoy winning BIG money today/tonight/tomorrow!!
Woo Hoo! Have a ball and come back home RICH! Hope you win big. Hope you eat delightful food. Know you'll have a wonderful time. Wish I was with you.
Old 09-08-2011, 11:36 AM   #208
Major LCF Poster!

Pat I am so liking your reasoning, and I hope it works that way for me too, keeping the calories up, so to boost the metabolism and having carbs so I can have them later too!! I am a carb lover, so being able to have some makes my day!! I am on an UD today and I am going to have a peanut butter and banana sandwich! Yummo!! had some full fat fage yogurt too for a snack and I am making homemade chicken pot pies for dinner!
Old 09-08-2011, 11:50 AM   #209

Quote:
Originally Posted by catjrow3 View Post
Pat I am so liking your reasoning, and I hope it works that way for me too, keeping the calories up, so to boost the metabolism and having carbs so I can have them later too!! I am a carb lover, so being able to have some makes my day!! I am on an UD today and I am going to have a peanut butter and banana sandwich! Yummo!! had some full fat fage yogurt too for a snack and I am making homemade chicken pot pies for dinner!
Sounds delicious.

Here's the only thing I have to caution about, and only based on my personal experience (so it might be one of those things that differs with all of us...)

Remember how we were so thrilled to lose weight fast when we started very low carb... and then we found out that most of that loss was only water weight as we stopped eating carbs and depleted our bodies of the stored *carb energy* and the water was released?...

Well, um.. as you add carbs back, you may find that your body regains a bit of that water weight. Which will weigh something on the scale. LOL

For myself, I don't care that I now weigh a bit more because I have more stored water along with my stored carbs, so to speak, and I just know that that's the way my body will operate when I include carbs in my diet. And I've made my choice and am fine with that.

Just a caution not to panic, just in case..
Old 09-08-2011, 11:52 AM   #210
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
Sounds delicious.

Here's the only thing I have to caution about, and only based on my personal experience (so it might be one of those things that differs with all of us...)

Remember how we were so thrilled to lose weight fast when we started very low carb... and then we found out that most of that loss was only water weight as we stopped eating carbs and depleted our bodies of the stored *carb energy* and the water was released?...

Well, um.. as you add carbs back, you may find that your body regains a bit of that water weight. Which will weigh something on the scale. LOL

For myself, I don't care that I now weigh a bit more because I have more stored water along with my stored carbs, so to speak, and I just know that that's the way my body will operate when I include carbs in my diet. And I've made my choice and am fine with that.

Just a caution not to panic, just in case..
Thanks for the thought... I am past panic. I have bounced up and down 10 lbs since June and am pretty used it by now... Wish I wasn't, but thats life! I will take it as it comes and see what happens. I am also due for TOM in a couple days, which makes me hungrier... crave chocolate, and also gain bloat! UGH! So It might not be good in the next few days either way... but... once all is settled again, I will hope for continued losses and see what happens! It cant hurt to try right??