Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2011, 05:54 AM   #631
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: paulabob
Stats: 204/124.6/110 49%/27.4%/20% 5'2"
WOE: Atkins/hHcg/Optimal whatever works
Start Date: restart March '10
Up .6 after my two Up days (normal fluctuation I'm sure).

Ready to lose like mad this week! Tilapia and cucumber for lunch, cottage cheese if I need some extra protein. Haven't decided on supper yet.
paulabob is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-2011, 06:20 AM   #632
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeb View Post
Does anyone know were Penguin has been? Is she on vacation?
She and her mom were heading to Aruba for vacation, but I don't think they were even leaving until just yesterday. So I don't know where she's been lately. I miss her a lot. She's always fun, and has a ton of good food suggestions for DDs. But I also think that she has a busy life.

Hopefully she'll pop back in here when they get back. I miss her too.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 06:33 AM   #633

Gallery: Cruzcrzy
Stats: 183/138/130-135
Hello ALL,

Happy Monday! Not much new to report here. I am maintaining fine. I struggled a little bit yesterday with physical hunger and head hunger. I ended up at 760 on my down day. I can see where the weekends are going to be a challenge. Paula, is Saturday and Sunday an up day for you each week? I am going to explore this option as I get a bit further in. This is an up day for me today even though my fitness/weight class is tomorrow. Yesterday when I walked I felt such energy, and I had to wonder if it was because my carbs were so high the day before???? Anyway, tomorrow will be a down day, and I will just deal with it. I also have a luncheon to attend tomorrow. I am the secretary for the national organization, so I need to attend to take the minutes. I may or may not eat. Last month I just had salad and brought my own dressing. It's a buffet. Heading out for my walk a little later. I am just waiting for the temps to rise a bit .

The BEACH is my HAPPY PLACE.

Cruzcrzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 07:18 AM   #634
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BonnyLass
Stats: 285/163/135
WOE: low carb/starch blockers when needed
Start Date: 73'low carb 4evr.Never fell for low fat
Still hanging in @ 145 , have been sticking to straight Original Atkins at this point, probably the equivalant of UD and MD, but going to try and JUDDD like in the begining starting today eventhough I am still on a pretty high dose of Prednisone( 60 mg this whole week, then 40 and so on). I think the return to original Atkins has helped bring my appetite under control. I am also eliminating anything that was "new." So for now I am eliminating the Glucomanna and the anti-inflamatory spices. These attacks are so frustrating because it's almost impossible to pinpoint a trigger. To my mind nothing I did leading up to the attack was different than any other day(ended up in the emergency room again on Thursday).
Returning to JUDDD's WOE plus keeping pretty low on the carb scale again should keep things in check. I felt so bloated and horrible the begining of the week, now I feel pretty darn good. Would love to see a loss again but would be just as happy to maintain.
Will I ever get out of the 140's?
BonnyLass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 08:16 AM   #635
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catjrow3
Stats: 240/177/150
WOE: NK - LCHF
Start Date: 05/18/2013 (restart of course)
Thanks Ann... it was quite a day... on today for another (well, not like yesterday though!)

Bonny, you will get there... My thoughts are will I ever get into the 140s!!! UGH!!

Last edited by catjrow3; 09-26-2011 at 08:18 AM..
catjrow3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 08:38 AM   #636
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joannew
Stats: 149/142.2/135 (5'4.5", 60 yy)
WOE: 1200 cals
Start Date: 7/27/14
Good Morning JUDDD BUDDS!

I am afraid I need my butt kicked
I had been doing so well sticking strictly to the allotted calories. Yesterday was supposed to be DD and I was RAVENOUSLY hungry and ate a whole bunch, probably wayyyy over an UD amount...I was afraid to even check the calories. I was also afraid to weigh in today so I don't know what the damage is!
Needless to say, I am going to DEFINITELY do a DD day today and I probably should do one tomorrow as well? Any thoughts on this?

I don't know what happened. I believe my blood sugar may have gotten out of whack. (I am not a diabetic) I started out with a cappucino (sp?) in the a.m. yesterday, and a few hours later I was feeling shaky, and weird. So I ate some almonds and that helped but was still hungry.

Has anyone ever experienced that? I have before a couple of times if I eat something sugary on an empty stomach, I get a bad reaction like that (so you'd think I would know better, right?

TODAY IS A NEW DAY, and I am STILL determined. Just a slight detour on my path to being thin.

Hope everyone has a good day!
Joannew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 10:47 AM   #637

Really running today, but taking a break and wanted to pop in briefly to say hi. I will have an UD today, although it will probably be a small one as I'm really hustling. Getting the place whipped back into shape after the relaxing (and messy/lazy) weekend.

Marie, you're in maintenance now, aren't you.. or pretty close? I doubt having both weekend days be Up Days would hurt you much. Or else you could choose one of the days for an UD and have the other one be a bigger-than-normal Medium Day....

Hope you have a good meeting and fun at the luncheon.

Bonny, I think you're doing wonderfully well if you're hanging in at that 145-pound level while you're still on the prednisone. And if you're holding back on the carbs and ready to eat your meals in a bit more JUDDD-like rotation shortly, I'll bet it won't be long before you're out of the 40s and your scale is showing you readings in the 130s. Glad you're feeling a lot better now, and hope it won't be long before you're feeling on top of the world again!

Cathy, hope you have a tiny speck of strength left for your workout today! You make my head spin. Have a great day!

Joan, OK.... you asked for a kick, so I'm doing it for you. Well, maybe only a little nudge. And, you know.. I don't know why those occasional days when we're extra hungry hit us sometimes. They don't often happen to me anymore, as I've been in this routine for quite awhile now, but still sometimes I have a hungry day, and if I go over.. oh, well.

So if yesterday was supposed to be a DD, and you blew it, and it soared way up out of control and turned into a big UD, then this will be a good day to bring that kind of eating back down under control.

JUDDD is very forgiving, and errors and mistakes can be overcome quite easily just by getting back onto the rotation. You asked about doing a second DD tomorrow as well.. just to make up for going overboard so far, and if it were me, I might do a MD, but I wouldn't do a second DD. Just because it's hard for most of us to fast two days straight, and because there really isn't any need to. You could even just go back to an UD in your rotation if you want to.

Just pick yourself up and keep going. And try to figure out what was behind your hunger and your difficulty for that day.

I know you'll do fine, and if you continue doing a good job, even doing a *mostly* good job, it won't be long before you're seeing some wonderful new low numbers on your scale. But, of course, we do have to do it. JUDDD give us the freedom of those great Up Days, but if we don't couple them with the Down Days, well... ummmm... the scale could start moving in the wrong direction, just from too many *Up-ish* days each week.

Hope you all have a great day. It's rainy. DH will be home shortly and smell the fresh brownies when he walks in the door. He'll be chilly and damp from walking to his car in the parking lot, and this is going to really make him feel welcomed and make him a happy old boy! I love that guy so.
Old 09-26-2011, 11:27 AM   #638
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: halos
Stats: (275)256/240/140
Start Date: 9/24/2013
Official weekly weigh-in -2. That is 4 pounds in 2 weeks. I expect that rate to slow, but am enjoying it while it lasts.

Joan- I would not plan 2 DD in a row...if it just happens for lack of appetite fine. just get back into your rotation. The occasional extra high UD seems to help with the losses. I don't understand it, but I like it.

Marie- I do Sunday-Tuesday- Thursday as DD every week. That gives me Monday-Wednesday-Friday-Saturday as UD every week. The 2 UD in a row don't seem to hurt...sometimes one is more of a medium day depending on my appetite. I might get bigger losses with the regular rotation, but it would cause stress. This way is easier for me and I am more likely to stick with it.
Old 09-26-2011, 11:32 AM   #639
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joannew
Stats: 149/142.2/135 (5'4.5", 60 yy)
WOE: 1200 cals
Start Date: 7/27/14
Thanks for the advice Pat! You are so wise!

I am going to start all over again with a DD today, I think that would be best. My goal is to go 2 entire weeks without any cheats!
I am also only going to wegh once a week from now on.

p.s. Thanks, Sally, for your input! Congrats on your weight loss!

Last edited by Joannew; 09-26-2011 at 12:17 PM..
Joannew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 11:41 AM   #640

Quote:
Originally Posted by halos View Post
Official weekly weigh-in -2. That is 4 pounds in 2 weeks. I expect that rate to slow, but am enjoying it while it lasts.

Joan- I would not plan 2 DD in a row...if it just happens for lack of appetite fine. just get back into your rotation. The occasional extra high UD seems to help with the losses. I don't understand it, but I like it.

Marie- I do Sunday-Tuesday- Thursday as DD every week. That gives me Monday-Wednesday-Friday-Saturday as UD every week. The 2 UD in a row don't seem to hurt...sometimes one is more of a medium day depending on my appetite. I might get bigger losses with the regular rotation, but it would cause stress. This way is easier for me and I am more likely to stick with it.
Sally, that is a great loss. CONGRATS! I am going to adopt your UD and DD schedule. There are only 4 more sessions of my T/Th classes. Thanks so much for your input.

Pat, I appreciate your words of wisdom too. At this time, I am striving to maintain. Your dh is going to be so blessed by your browines. WTG!

Joanne, hang in there. You will find your groove!

Bonnie, we are here for you
Old 09-26-2011, 12:25 PM   #641
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joannew View Post
Has anyone ever experienced that? I have before a couple of times if I eat something sugary on an empty stomach, I get a bad reaction like that (so you'd think I would know better, right?
Absolutely! I've been hypoglycemic since I was 5, and that's a classic reaction. Sometimes I'll start shaking, sweating, and have difficulty actually speaking.

Excessive caffeine in the morning can definitely make things worse, as well as having a carby night time snack the night before.

It's one of the reasons I stick low carb...cause it sure is miserable to have an attack!

Marie Yes, I'm doing weekends as both Up days - just too hard otherwise with the kids.
Old 09-26-2011, 12:48 PM   #642

Sally,

I went to mark my calendar and realized I wanted Saturday and Sunday as my UP days on the weekend. Paula, it sounds like you keep this schedule. I also realized I had 6 more T/Th fitness classes, not 4, lol. I'm just a mess, lol.
Old 09-26-2011, 02:24 PM   #643
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: halos
Stats: (275)256/240/140
Start Date: 9/24/2013
Marie- I think last time around I did Monday-Wednesday-Friday as DD. Try to get 3 DD a week (since you are in maintainence you might even be able to just do 2). I think the most important thing is to get a routine you can live with.

I am gone all day Sunday so that makes an easy DD for me. I cook for our Wednesday night group so I want to be able to eat with them...hence my schedule. Look at your calendar and see what works for you.
halos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 01:04 AM   #644
Major LCF Poster!

WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Restart: July 14,2014 Restart
Hey all! I just wanted to let you know that I am liking this WOE and that I have lost a little over 4 lbs since I started last Sunday. It isn't a whole lot but it is great for me because I was stuck at 167 (and was starting to move up) just a week ago.
Low Carb Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 04:04 AM   #645
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AnnF
Stats: W:218/172/165 - H:5'9.5" - Age 55
WOE: LC
Start Date: July 28, 2012
Morning all!

Low Carb Librarian, 4 pounds in a week is awesome! I'd LOVE to be able to say that!

My weigh-in this morning after yesterday's DD showed another half pound gone. My total loss since starting JUDDD on 9/22 is 1 pound.
AnnF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 05:25 AM   #646
Blabbermouth!!!

Down .6 to 131.8, wish it was more, but downwards is the right direction!

Happy for an Up day today!
Old 09-27-2011, 09:50 AM   #647
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dazygyrl
good morning!

had a DD, all egg day yesterday. was down 1.6 from yesterday. UD today.

dazygyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 09:55 AM   #648

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazygyrl View Post
good morning!

had a DD, all egg day yesterday. was down 1.6 from yesterday. UD today.

Hi, Dazy. Good loss.

HOW'S NOAH? Is he back to feeling good today?
Old 09-27-2011, 11:27 AM   #649
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dazygyrl
noah is great! at school for a second full day in a row!

in spite of the way his morning started yesterday by waking up to hair all over his pillow, he had a great day at school and went back for another full day today! chemo tomorrow (the easier one, big chemo treatment next week).

here is how his day ended. a new chapter in the story of Noah Lane.... Brad is good friend of ours who keeps his head shaved all the time, so Noah had asked him to help him with his "new do" when the time came....well, that time was yesterday....while we knew this day would come, it was still hard. but once again, the strength and ability to adapt that God has given him shines thru. after a few tears and talking with mom and dad, he is fine. he asked me to cut it short before school, so i did. then brad offered to come get him in his convertible, take him to his house to use his "barber chair" and finish his cut.

the other 2 dudes in the back of the car are Noah's brothers that he invited to go along.

my bff is a graphic designer and designed the shirt the guys are wearing and headed up a tee shirt fundraiser for us. so humbling....

Last edited by dazygyrl; 09-27-2011 at 11:28 AM..
dazygyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 11:34 AM   #650

Amazing and fun story. Gorgeous kids there! And a friend who is beautiful both inside and out. Nice for families to have good friend like him and your tee-shirt designing lady friend!

Glad Noah is in school this week. Hope tomorrows chemo treatment is truly an easy one so that this coming week is a real good one.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:38 AM   #651
Blabbermouth!!!

Awesome pics and great t's. Thanks for sharing the story! Love how much the brothers resemble each other, so sweet! My two don't even look related

Great drop from your egg day Dazy!

I am enjoying my Up Day, just had some lowcarb salmon tacos, YUM.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:54 AM   #652
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LuvLatte
Stats: 135/141/123 @ 5'3" and 46 yo
WOE: LC on and off. Now whole foods & JUDDD
Start Date: Restart: 9/21/2011 w JUDDD at 145
good morning ladies!

sorry I've been out for a few days. saturday was a planned UD, and DH and I went on a strenuous hike for 6 hours. it was good, and i ate lots,

then sunday was an unexpected UD again, and yesterday...

so, today's my DD, even though i've got two hours of martial arts tonight. we'll see how I do.

I'm not giving up. I like how my body felt the first few days, when I was cycling UD and DD. haven't weighed myself yet, I'll wait till Fri morning.

Hope you all are doing great!

glad Noah's home, and thanks for the kind words, Linda!

LuvLatte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 12:56 PM   #653
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Thank you for sharing the pictures of Noah and his buddds. Wonderful looking children, shirts and friend.
Seabreezes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 01:16 PM   #654
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AnnF
Stats: W:218/172/165 - H:5'9.5" - Age 55
WOE: LC
Start Date: July 28, 2012
Great news and story, Dazy!
AnnF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 01:17 PM   #655
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Awesome pics of Naoh and his brothers...what good looking boys you have! (and brad is very cute too!)
Noah really suits his new "do"...it makes him even cuter!
So glad you have fabulous friends who will help and support you when you need it, the Tshirts are a great idea.

hugs to you all
Jo
x
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 02:04 PM   #656
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ilovethis
Stats: 223/214.5/140
Hello,
I want to give this a try because I'm such a slow loser and therefore I end up giving up. I think I would like to keep this low carb even on high days. I'm going to Disneyland Oc 9-11 and don't have easy it would be to have a low day while there.
ilovethis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 02:42 PM   #657
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovethis View Post
Hello,
I want to give this a try because I'm such a slow loser and therefore I end up giving up. I think I would like to keep this low carb even on high days. I'm going to Disneyland Oc 9-11 and don't have easy it would be to have a low day while there.
So nice to see you are interested in JUDDD. I'm sure you have read lots of the posts on our forum. As you probably can see everyone here is VERY supportive and caring! We are all JUDDD BUDDDs on here and treat each other like family! We all do JUDDD a little different, but that is great because we all learn from our differences. PLUS, no one will "judge" you and tell you that "YOUR" way is not the way to do JUDDD. It's the right way if it's RIGHT FOR YOU!

I have 2 suggestions: Start JUDDD now and then by the time you get to go on that wonderful vacation you will have a few weeks under your belt and know the "lay of the land" in what is working and not working for you with this WOE.

OR wait until you get home and start then.

If you decide to start now you will find your DDs easier by the time you go away and will probably find a lot of LCal choices there like salads, veggie dishes, etc. that will help you to keep on track. PLUS, the UDs will be easy because even LCing it, you will still have more choices than just doing a straight LC WOE. Most of us do LC here, as our Menus will tell you. Some are not as low as when we did straight LC but it's still pretty low.

If you decide to wait you can just continue with your LC WOE on vacation and then give JUDDD a try when you get back.

It's all up to you and what YOU think will work for you. Us JUDDDers will be here whether you come on board now or later!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 04:36 PM   #658
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: darlingnikki
Stats: start 225/ now 132.2/ goal 125 ??? Height 5'3"
WOE: JUDDD and HCG (not at the same time)
Noah...OMG hugs!
darlingnikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 05:51 PM   #659
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ilovethis
Stats: 223/214.5/140
I think I want to start right away. Should I start on a low day or high day?
ilovethis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 05:56 PM   #660

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovethis View Post
I think I want to start right away. Should I start on a low day or high day?
That can depend... do you have any fun events or special occasions coming up within the next few days or week?