Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2011, 04:53 PM   #601
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachelocity View Post
..........Another 0.2 this week, or one stick of buttah gone..........I am puffed up (rings and watch tight) so I know it's not body fat..........two consecutive DDs are Not A Good Thing for me. I can't "diet" for a prolonged period like that..........
I never really thought of it like that, but down .2 pounds would be nearly a stick of butter, wouldn't it.

You're just retaining right now. I rarely get puffy, and I hate it on the few times that it ever happens. I hope this goes away for you soon. Do you take a mild blood pressure pill? I think those help folks not have the edema issues so much?

And, yeah.. I didn't think too highly of doing back-to-back Down Days for JUDDD either. I follow with great interest the ongoing saga and triumphs of those who do the protocol, but I don't think that would be for this old gal. Any time I've ever brought my calories down, even just to the 1,200 cal level, and held them there to *diet*, it nearly ruined me. LOL And it certainly ruined my temperament! My metabolism just doesn't respond to me holding the calories down every single day. This works much better for me.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-2011, 05:00 PM   #602

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmeshelly01 View Post
Hey everyone. I haven't been posting or reading much doing all kinds of research on carb and calorie cycling has been taking up my time. I haven't gotten totally caught up but I will.
I thought I would give a quick update on how my refeed went yesterday. It was slightly scary which is why I have been researching like crazy. I knew exactly what to do and what I was getting into and what the negatives might be. So my goal was 400 carbs, 3000 cals, at least 100 grams of prtein and low fat, under 80 grams. Wow!! I ended the day with 350 carbs 2500 cals, 120 grams of protein and 69 grams of fat. I had an amazing depletion workout before my carb up started. So far, so good. Amazingly enough I'm not having cravings today at all. I'm still gonna be doing judddd along with this. This weekend I'm eating vlc, high fat, high protein to kick start myself back into ketosis and Monday will be a dd. This was surprisingly different than I thought it would be. I have way more control than I ever thoughti did. Having the carbs was really great but I didn't go totally crazy. I was also only up 1.5 lbs this morning. I know I may see more of an increase tomorrow morning but as long as the scale starts going back down I think this will be a great woe to work with for awhile. There is such a fine line in trying to keep and build muscle while also trying to lose fat. I'm hoping this will work. It has worked for quite a few and some on lcf.
Something interresting, I had a major workout yesterday morning. The carb up day workout is a total glycogen depletion workout. I did circuit training and by the time I was done my muscles were so weak I could barely move. A few hours later the soreness started like I knew it would. When I went o bed I was really sore. I expected it and I kinda like it...lol. something happened in the middle of the night. It was truly like the carbs just saturated my muscles. When I got up this morning thre was slight soreness but nothing like when I went to bed. I got up feeling wonderful. I wentback to the gym and had an amazing workout. I have felt awesome all day. No cravings whatsoever. its like having those carbs yesterday just soothed me or something. And it could have been so much worse. I had kashi cereal with almond mild, babanas, ice cream, half of acorn dog, half of a philly cheese steak, wine, salt water taffy, subway lowfat turkey and ham on wheat for dinner and ended the day with the same thing as I started, kashi cereal and half a banana with almond milk about 8pm last night. Oh I also had a pumpkin muffin from dunkin donuts. That was probably the worst thing. But I feel good. I'm just amazed.
Well this has been long and I apologize and I'm sorry i m not totally caught up on the thread. I will get there. Its so good to see so many new people. Juddd is amazing. What I'm doing isn't technically juddd. Its my own version and we will see if I continue with it.
Well back to reading the thread. Have a good evening everyone.
Shelly, thank you for giving so much information on this and how you did it. It's a surprising concept and seems to be so extreme, but the studies are showing that it is so very beneficial and really does a good job.

And I also think it is very interesting in how there have been no carb cravings.. as though your body and mind are somehow now at peace with your diet, whether it's low in carbs and when it's high in carbs too.

Continued success. This is very interesting.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 05:16 PM   #603
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AnnF
Stats: W:218/172/165 - H:5'9.5" - Age 55
WOE: LC
Start Date: July 28, 2012
Pat, I did make LOT of green beans! I've also just had TWO small servings of SF jello and I still have about 90 calories to spend if I want to. I'm feeling content right now at 558 calories, so may not need to eat anything else. Thanks so much for the encouragement!
AnnF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 08:45 PM   #604
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dazygyrl
well, we didn't get to go home today. we had to get to 6pm with no fever (100.4 or above). at 4 his temp was 100.4. he was crushed. he was so disappointed he doesn't get to go to church tomorrow.

but the dr explained why to help him understand better and he seemed to. just wish this was his own dr we were dealing with, but he is out of town. we will see him wed. for his next treatment.
dazygyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 08:49 PM   #605

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazygyrl View Post
well, we didn't get to go home today. we had to get to 6pm with no fever (100.4 or above). at 4 his temp was 100.4. he was crushed. he was so disappointed he doesn't get to go to church tomorrow.

but the dr explained why to help him understand better and he seemed to. just wish this was his own dr we were dealing with, but he is out of town. we will see him wed. for his next treatment.
Oh, phooey. Maybe tomorrow will be the day he gets to leave. I know it's important if he is still running fever that he be right there where they can address his needs most easily and promptly, but I also can understand how tough that would be for a nine-year-old boy.

Still keeping you folks in my prayers! Hugs, Dazy!
Old 09-25-2011, 06:03 AM   #606
Senior LCF Member

Okay, post DD I am the same weight as yesterday. So far I am breaking even and I figure this is just my body adjusting to the low fat foods and higher carbs.

Because today is an UD I had the most delicious and decadent (in my recently deprived world) breakfast! I had my usual decaf coffee but allowed myself foamed milk on top! And I had TWO pieces of Alvarado St. Flax Seed bread (50 cal per slice) with almond butter and SF apricot jam. YUM!!! And I'm only at 310 calories! That's 1400 more to spend! I this WOE so far!

Last edited by AnnF; 09-25-2011 at 06:21 AM.. Reason: Completely mis-remembered yesterdays' weight!
Old 09-25-2011, 06:07 AM   #607

Gallery: Cruzcrzy
Stats: 183/138/130-135
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/hc...rries-kid.html

I thought I would post the above link for whoever may be interested in participating. Some of us on the hcg forum are having fun sending caps to Noah.
You can also post any questions and Deb will get back with you. Thanks for reading.
Cruzcrzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 06:11 AM   #608

Last Saturday I started JUDDD. I weighed in at 149.8. On Sunday I weighed 150.2. This Sunday I am weighing in at 150. I am very pleased. My goal is to maintain with JUDDD, and so far so good. Thanks for all the help and support on this board. I think I am a convert, but, I am giving it a month just to be sure.
Old 09-25-2011, 06:20 AM   #609
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Rachelocity
WOE: Fitbit/My Fitness Pal
Start Date: Every day I'm shuffling
Poor Noah, stuck in the hospital. Can he watch a church service on TV? I know it's not the same as being there in person and seeing all his friends, but it won't be long. If the hospital has a chapel, check to see if they have services. If the hospital doesn't have services, maybe this is something that can be arranged. Outreach organizations would see this as part of their mandate, for sure. I've spent Rosh Hashanah and Passover in the Jewish General Hospital with my parents at various times, and the services were very spiritual, heartfelt and tailored to the needs of the patients.

My UD went very well. After tallying what I ate, it really wasn't a total glutton-palooza, but after the DD, it felt like one! And I am actually happy to have a DD today to make up for last night. The calamari lived up to its reputation, I had a small handful of fries, and about 1/6 of a piece of baklava. Oh yeah - my main course was grilled chicken and it was grill-icious! I love that smoky, grilled taste!

Today's challenge is baking for Rosh Hashanah. I've been a bit weepy because this is the first High Holidays season without my mom, who died in June. So the recipes I am making are a tribute, and not for DD thinking at all! I am making my Auntie Frances' Mandelbread recipe (like biscotti), adding white & dark chocolate chips and Craisins, and my mother's apple cake, which is the kind that layers apples and cinnamon on the bottom and then the batter is poured on top. No batter-tasting for me, but I'll look forward to having the Real Thing for the holidays! Oh yeah - I also have to roll 2 pounds of meat into mini-meatballs. The cats will have some fun, for sure!

I ordered oat fiber so I can make those yummy muffins for my DDs. I actually have homemade vanilla extract (soaked vanilla beans in vodka) so that should perk up the taste!
Old 09-25-2011, 07:29 AM   #610
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 1annewil
Stats: 165/150/162
WOE: Atkins/JUDD/Potato Hack/
Thanks for the welcome. I am down after 2 days with a md day and an up yesterday-only .8 but I am thrilled. My big eats on UD were nuts, grilled chicken at a restaurant (I know they inject stuff) and popcorn and naked hotdog at the game. Today will be hard to have a real dd-grown son and friend will have lunch with us after church and the menu was set before JUDD-soup but I'm hoping for just 1 cup.
1annewil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 08:42 AM   #611

Good Morning, JUDDD BUDDDs!

I'll be doing a DD today, and already have a big pot of coffee brewing as I like my mugs of coffee with 2 tbsp. half & half so much, and they are not only yummy but very filling and comforting on my DDs. Just answering a few postings right now, and then I'll get busy figuring my menu for today.

Ann, good for you in maintaining your weight to this point while also adding in a few more carbs. Slow and steady. And it sounds like this is going to be a good UD for you. Your breakfast sounds delicious. I need to find some apricot jam. Just reading about you enjoying it this morning makes my mouth water for it!

Marie, I'll see if I can come across a fun cap from around here. Thanks for posting the suggestion. That's a fun idea, isn't it. Hope Dazy and Noah get to come home today.

Glad to read that you are maintaining with apparent ease after your first single week on JUDDD. Truthfully, the majority of us who transition to this plan, do add in a few more carbs.. especially a few of the things that we have most been missing, like maybe just a slice of amazing buttered toast or a couple of pieces of a favorite fruit, etc. Often the weight is up a bit after the first week, so for you to be holding steady is really good! Yay!

Rachel, My Friend. . I am not Jewish, and I don't live close enough, but IF I DID.. I could come to your house while you did your wonderful baking for Rosh Hashanah. You said you weren't going to be doing any batter tasting, and that's where I could come in. I volunteer to be your batter taster! I know you'll have a good time making these beloved family recipes as you remember your mother. I still miss my mom and daddy after all these years. And I also use a lot of mom's wonderful recipes at Holidays. It's a fun thing for families to do, I think. It helps us remember our Loved Ones, and it makes new memories and keeps the traditions going. Have a fun baking day.

Anne, completely exciting news that you are down by almost a pound, after having had both a MD and an UD. Wow! I think you're luckier than many of us who go up a smidge first. LOL

I did want to mention that if there are certain days that you want to have be UDs.. so that you can enjoy big family meals together on Sundays, or social get-togethers on Friday nights, etc., it's easy to manipulate our up/down calorie rotations to make the days and the schedule match up how it needs to. You've probably read about that already, but if you have any questions, let us know.

Anyway, sorry you are having this DD coincide with a brunch luncheon with your son and his friend, but I know you'll do your best and be fine. A very nice soup at midday is often very welcome and very filling too. Enjoy your visit.

Time to figure my Down Day menu for this day and get that first mug of coffee. Let's make this a really, really good JUDDD day, Everyone! The rewards are too great not to.
Old 09-25-2011, 08:58 AM   #612
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

yeah, we have video access to watch and talk to people at church, but he doesn't want to for some reason.

so praying we get to go home today.
Old 09-25-2011, 09:07 AM   #613
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: E.W.
Stats: 312/310/ a lot less
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: restart again 10/27/2014
I love this WOE but part of my sucess in losing weight is also because I have changed
one horible habit I have. I finaly admited to myself that almost all of my overeating hapened when I was watching TV,on the computer or reading a book. In fact if I only
eat at the table a !/2 gallon of ice cream will probably last about 4 days but if I am reading a book almost all of it will be gone in less than 1/2 hour. So all my eating for
the past 113 days has been siting at the table without reading,watching TV or being
on the computer. This has helped me a great deal. But even if you don't do any of these
compeating behaviors you may also be effected by eating with others. I saw a study
that said people eating with friends eat about 30% more than if they were eating alone
this is why sumo whrestlers always eat as a group! So as good as I am doing on this
I might do even better if I didn't eat out as ofton. Sorry about being a little off topic there. Today is another DD so I will be eating at home I just can't see paying $8 for an
all you can eat buffet and only eating about 500 calories. Shure hope everone else has
a good day today.
E.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 11:05 AM   #614
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Morning All!

POOR Noah! Still sending lots of and his way!

UD for me today. Had a great DD yesterday, ate a nice grilled chicken salad out last night. Upon getting my meal I asked for a take home container. I immediately put 1/2 my dinner into that container and pushed it to the side and then ate the other half. Not only do I save calories/carbs this way, I stop myself from overeating. If it's in front of me, I will eat it. If it's not.....well you get the picture.

And let me tell you, 1/2 that salad was almost more than I could finish! And now I have another DD meal for tomorrow!!

Off to visit DD and her new BF ( him) with the family for dinner and some football watching J. E. T. S. JETS JETS JETS!!

Sounds like all the JUDDD BUDDDs are doing great with their WOE!! I just love reading all the posts about how it's working for you guys and the great ideas that everyone has. E.W.'s idea of just eating and not doing something else while eating is one I need to do myself. I always eat more when I'm at the computer or watching TV!
I, too will keep an eye out for the fun caps and thanks for the idea, Marie. Rachel, I'll come help you bake also, but could you make it on one of my UDs?!

Congrats to all the LOSERS this week! Impressive and VERY inspirational!

Hope everyone has a great UD or DD!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 11:08 AM   #615
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

we got the boot!

hubby on his way down to take us home!

Old 09-25-2011, 11:22 AM   #616

Quote:

we got the boot!

Celebrating with you!!
Old 09-25-2011, 11:31 AM   #617
Senior LCF Member

SO happy for you, dazygrl!
Old 09-25-2011, 11:47 AM   #618

E.W., I agree about getting out of any setting that allows a person to just fall into *mindless eating*. I almost always have something to drink beside me at the computer, but never food. And sometimes DH and I take a meal in front of the TV, to enjoy a program that we enjoy (or watch a ballgame LOL), but it's just that meal, already served up on plates, and nothing more. No bags of chips at our elbows to eat on until everything is gone. Your tip is a good one for us all to follow.

And I recognize the truth of the study about eating more if you're eating with others. Or even just your DH! LOL We go out to eat, and he wonders if I'd like a drink before we order. Well, I hadn't even been thinking of a drink, but sometimes I decide I'd like one too. Or after our meal, I sometimes think a bite of dessert might be nice.. would he like to split a dessert with me? And half the time, we both can't agree on the dessert, so we each order something for ourselves! Well, it's fun, and the occasional times we do this I can always work the calories into my Up Days, but it sure goes to show how this type of eating could contribute to great overweight if it becomes a habit, and if you don't have an eating plan in place to counter it successfully!!!!! Thanking my lucky stars for JUDDD, which provides me with what I consider the best of all worlds for what I like and enjoy to eat, combined with a plan to successfully manage my weight.

Linda, asking for the take home container right when your meal is brought to you is something that I've started doing most of the time too. It's amazing how absolutely full and completely satisfied you are on only HALF of the food you are served. Ye, Gads! No wonder we're a nation of terribly overweight people. To think that most of us attempt to eat it all and succeed most of the time. And, like me.. hope to order dessert too!

Glad to be able to take half home for later these days, and order and enjoy a dessert sometimes too. Happy, happy SoHappy.

Woo Hoo! Noah and Dazy are on their way home today. So happy to read this news. Have a sweet day at home now. This news even makes my Sunday a little sweeter.

I'm in the kitchen prepping my veggies for two stir fry meals today for my DD. DH is watching the Red Sox vs Yankees game. And the cat is on his lap. I don't know which of them is the more spoiled!
Old 09-25-2011, 01:17 PM   #619
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AmyInTX
Stats: 262/243.2/170
WOE: LC/ then JUDDD
Start Date: start JUDDD on 8/4/12
hey everyone

Let me tell you, that powder is AWESOME!!!!

I just made a plain jane shake so i could really see how it tastes and it is really really good!

I made it with 1/2 c unsweetened coconut milk, 1 c water, 1 scoop powder, and ice.... yummo!! its 112 cals just like that and really tasty!

oh and another 'whowhoo' .... I snuck a peak at my weight today, I'm lower that I have been in 2 months! AND the best part is I'm not obessing over food and don't feel deprived at all! <3 JUDDD!!

have a great Sunday all!

Dazy .... God is good! Glad you and Noah are on your way home!
AmyInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 03:36 PM   #620
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catjrow3
Stats: 240/177/150
WOE: NK - LCHF
Start Date: 05/18/2013 (restart of course)
Just checking in for the day...

Carrie, sorry he did not get to go home on time, but glad you "got the boot" now and were able to go. Hope he is doing okay today!! Thinking about you both still!!

So I ended up with 2 UDs instead of a MD and an UD. Today was our fitness concert.. OMG!! I thought I was going to die and I did not make it to the last one. There was still Zumba to come, but I was spent!! I have new aches and pains all over the place, and I thought I was in such good shape, but 80 minutes of boot camp and 90+ minutes of turbo kickboxing with a short break between then about killed me!! I burned over 1500 calories in those 2 classes. I am soo tired... so I was up this morning but hope to come down some tomorrow, although might retain from sheer muscle repairing.. OUCH!!

Otherwise, just wanted to pop in and say hi! DD for me tomorrow for sure!! Have a great Sunday everyone!
catjrow3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 03:38 PM   #621

Quote:
Originally Posted by catjrow3 View Post

Carrie, sorry he did not get to go home on time, but glad you "got the boot" now and were able to go. Hope he is doing okay today!! Thinking about you both still!!

So I ended up with 2 UDs instead of a MD and an UD. Today was our fitness concert.. OMG!! I thought I was going to die and I did not make it to the last one. There was still Zumba to come, but I was spent!! I have new aches and pains all over the place, and I thought I was in such good shape, but 80 minutes of boot camp and 90+ minutes of turbo kickboxing with a short break between then about killed me!! I burned over 1500 calories in those 2 classes. I am soo tired... so I was up this morning but hope to come down some tomorrow, although might retain from sheer muscle repairing.. OUCH!!

Otherwise, just wanted to pop in and say hi! DD for me tomorrow for sure!! Have a great Sunday everyone!
I am impressed! I'm almost clenching my teeth just thinking about your day!
Old 09-25-2011, 03:39 PM   #622
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
I am impressed! I'm almost clenching my teeth just thinking about your day!
I am clenching them now!! LOL It was fun, but hard hard work, glad I went though!
Old 09-25-2011, 03:45 PM   #623

Quote:

Cathy,

thanks for checking in. I was wondering how things were going with you. YOU ROCK!!! I can not even imagine. Get some rest. Don't worry about the scale. You will be down, it's just a matter of time. Great heart healthy exercise!
Old 09-25-2011, 04:02 PM   #624
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzcrzy View Post
Cathy,

thanks for checking in. I was wondering how things were going with you. YOU ROCK!!! I can not even imagine. Get some rest. Don't worry about the scale. You will be down, it's just a matter of time. Great heart healthy exercise!
Thanks Marie, yup, not stressing the scale, feel good (although sore) and ready for my normal "turbo kick class" tomorrow and my weight lifting in the morning!! UGH! LOL
Old 09-25-2011, 05:35 PM   #625
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzcrzy View Post
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/hc...rries-kid.html

I thought I would post the above link for whoever may be interested in participating. Some of us on the hcg forum are having fun sending caps to Noah.
You can also post any questions and Deb will get back with you. Thanks for reading.
What a fab idea! I have just bought him a fab official London Olympics junior cap ( I live in the uk) as soon as it arrives, I will ship it to him, maybe with a uk candy bar, if his mum is ok with that. ( my own lads love anything from the US!)

Hugs
Jo
X
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 05:38 PM   #626
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

oh, jo! getting anything from across the pond will be exciting for him! THANK YOU so very much!
Old 09-25-2011, 06:44 PM   #627

Quote:

we got the boot!

By the time I am reading this our darling Noah and you will be home and enjoying your evening! SO glad you guys got to go home!!
Old 09-25-2011, 06:46 PM   #628

Quote:

YOU are my new hero!!
Old 09-25-2011, 07:27 PM   #629

Does anyone know were Penguin has been? Is she on vacation?
Old 09-26-2011, 05:10 AM   #630
Senior LCF Member

Good morning all! It's grey and rainy and muggy here. I hate trying to figure out what to wear in this kind of weather.

Well today is a DD. Seems these are lot easier on work days! This morning the scale was down a pound... and after an UD with a crazy number of carbs. Go figure.

catjrow3, what an awesome day of working out you had!

Hope everyone has a great Monday!