Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2011, 06:57 AM   #31
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JoLi
Stats: 194.5/194.5/160
WOE: SBD
Start Date: 6/2/14
I made it through my second down day. Was not too bad. I had a job interview yesterday morning then came and went back to bed until 6pm. Got up and egg salad with my dh. later I had some Fage yogurt with sugar free cherry jam. Got me through the evening and back to bed. This weekend is going to be challenging for sure. UD today. Supposed to meet some girlfriends today for lunch at an Italian place. Already looked at the menu and trying to decide what to get. Have company coming for dinner. Tomorrow is supposed to be a DD and it is usually date night. I had planned on Sunday being a medium day because starting Monday I am going to make M-W-F my DD's and keep Sat and Sunday and UP and Med. day. I am losing weight so I hope this will work out for me.
It is nice to see the scale going in the downway position instead of moving up.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-02-2011, 07:00 AM   #32
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: firefighterlady
Stats: 270/257.6/170 5'11 26yrs
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: august 2011
Down another lb! How exciting! Though I have to remember its only easy at the moment because I had 100 to lose! (88 more now woohoo!) Today is a down day so im sipping my light hot cocoa even though its 95 degrees in chicago today lol im going to run to whole foods and grab some more noodles. Sohappy im going to try your italian idea sounds yummo!
firefighterlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 07:17 AM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catjrow3
Stats: 240/177/150
WOE: NK - LCHF
Start Date: 05/18/2013 (restart of course)
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulabob View Post
Last Feb/part of March I tried it - lost as well as hcg without the exhaustion setting in - at least, lost as well for each down day I did (about 1 pound for every 5 down days - my metabolism was pretty slow last winter). I would take the homeopathic hcg on the mornings/afternoons of my down days, which were Monday/Wednesday/Friday. My Tuesdays/Thursdays/Sat/Sun were basically up days, which I did lowcarb and similar to the P3 phase of the hcg protocol.
Paula, so what were your calores on Tues, Thurs, etc? And did you take the drops then or just during MWF??

Still reading along to learn as much as I can while I wait to "chew" ... Hope you all have a great Friday!!
catjrow3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 07:28 AM   #34
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Good Morning All!! First wanted to give a big to all of you out here that are doing JUDDD and WTG with having good results! I'm in with this WOE (as you hear to the point of annoyance from me all the time! ) and I'm always so happy when others are seeing the results I'm seeing.

I MADE MY FINAL GOAL TODAY!! I still can't believe it! I think moving my daughter helped give me exercise yesterday that I don't usually do (bad foot problem ) and that got me down to my 143 goal. Trying to decide if a few more (1 or 2 pounds) should come off, but I'm not sure about this so I'm going to maintain at around 143 and see how I feel. Any tips on HOW to maintain? I'm figuring that I should do the 50% change and see how that goes for my DDs? I welcome all suggestions, experiences, etc.!!

UD today, and was hungry this morning. <<<<THIS hasn't happened yet following a DD, but I think it's because I did lots of exercise yesterday that I never do, and my body just needs the fuel.

Have no plans for any big BBQs this weekend, so I'm just eating normal and thinking about a nice steak on the grill for my UD on Sunday.

It's SO nice to see new faces on here, and some oldies from the LC side, and I love the different approaches some are going to do for JUDDD. It's interesting and I'm sure I'll learn something, too!

Lbibclc, hope you are feeling better today. I have had low blood pressure all my life, use to be 90 over 60 and my Doc would always ask me how I felt. I actually felt fine all the time, energy, no problems so they just left me alone. Now it's more "normal" 116 over 70 so I'm still OK. Hope you figure out what, if anything, is the problem. Charley Horses are the pitts!!!

Everyone have a GREAT UD or DD!!!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”

Last edited by Beeb; 09-02-2011 at 07:31 AM..
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 07:35 AM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

I am with you ladies too, always had low blood pressure, and very inclined to dizzy spells and lightheadedness too though. My BP is usually like 90/60 too!! When I am worried or in pain its like 115/80 or something... (when I had my oral surgery on my mouth)... thats high for me..

CONGRATULATIONS Linda (Beeb)!!! I have been following your progress too through the reading of the forums. Amazing!! You rocked the JUDDD!!!! You should be very proud!!
Old 09-02-2011, 07:59 AM   #36
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Rachelocity
WOE: Fitbit/My Fitness Pal
Start Date: Every day I'm shuffling
What's a Medium Day I know, obvious answer, but is this in the book as an official part of the program or is it a user-defined thing? I assume that the MD is the maintenance level (50-60% of the UD #s) but please correct me if I am wrong.

This opens up a lot of possibilities in circumstances where I would ordinarily have two UDs in a row, or in my more familiar WW terms, budget all my extra Points. Like the upcoming Jewish holidays, with back-to-back dinners which I am cooking.

I decided to have two DDs as a kick-off, today and tomorrow, because I'm feeling uncomfortably *puffy* and not in the "wake up in the morning feeling like P. Diddy" sense of the word. I am not doing shakes for 2 weeks, because it's the height of the vegetable season and I have looked forward to this all year. So I will enjoy real food, focusing on proteins and veggies, with a more LC focus on the DDs. My DD today won't be "perfect" by any means, because I actually decided to DD after I was at work, which means that I am not equipped the way I'd like to be. Lunch will be a work-around (we have a Lunch and Learn and I don't know what the menu is!) but dinner will be deelish, because I am planning to make a stirfry of kimchee and noodles, with a lovely piece of cod as the protein.

Glad to be here, and I want to officially thank SoHappy for last night's WW/JUDDD brainstorm. I can do this!!
Old 09-02-2011, 08:46 AM   #37
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JoLi
Stats: 194.5/194.5/160
WOE: SBD
Start Date: 6/2/14
What are those noodles that everyone talks about made of? Why do so many people eat them?
JoLi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 09:14 AM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: penguinpower
WOE: Thinking of trying NK
LINDA!!!!! How exciting, to reach goal! Awesome awesome awesome.

I am interested in hearing about how this HCG stuff works with JUDDDing. I've read enough on the threads to know I would NEVER do the "protocol" or whatever it is called, just know it's not for me, but if doing "drops" along with JUDDD might help my metabolism, I'd love to know more. I wrecked my metabolism years ago with ultra low-calorie yo-yo dieting, and even JUDDD's benefits haven't brought it back. I still bounce way way up far too much with small indiscretions.

JoLi - the noodles are shirataki noodles, which have 0 calories, or 20 calories if you get the kind with tofu in them. They are very filling and provide a lot of bulk for low-calorie DD meals. I rely on them extensively.

Oh man, it is hot here today - weather guy predicted 96 for a high, but my outdoor thermometer says it's 103. It's supposed to be hot again tomorrow, and then drop down to more normal temps by Sunday.

I have to do a lot of cooking for the various picnics and parties I'm attending this weekend. Today's a DD, so no tasting!
penguinpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 10:35 AM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lbibclc
Stats: 231.8/132 54/5-6
WOE: Primal/HHCG
Start Date: August 2009
Linda good job on reaching goal.

firefighterlady Yeah on another pound!

My BP was Ok today, no dizzyness, but I developed a headache last night and it is still there. I slept 11 hours last night. I usually do 6-7. Part of the healing.
I had extra calories yesterday and will do a medium day today as long as I feel ok.

It started getting really hot here yesterday.

I need to get some of those noodles.
Lbibclc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 11:05 AM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Maryo
Stats: 220/127/120 5'5", 50+
WOE: Atkins/Primal
Start Date: March 2011 (restart)
Beebs - congrats on reaching your goal weight. That must be so exciting!!

Firefighterlady and everyone else who is losing - Way to GO!!

Today is an up day for me and I'm sitting here contemplating what I'm going to have for lunch. There are so many choices when you don't have to keep it under 100 calories or so.

I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday weekend!
Maryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 11:47 AM   #41
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Thanks Beeb/Linda!! I didn't pay attention to the date on last week's thread !
And thank you for the warm welcome and great info.

SoHappy-thank you also for all the info!! So great to read!!

Linda-WTG!! Congrats on hitting your goal!!

Liz, Paula and Cat!! LOL! Good to see my hcg buds and look forward to losing together while cycling!

It's nice to see some familiar (ML) folks, and others I'm just meeting.

I have another week of P4 (this is the "stabilization" period of the hcg plan, where you gradually reintroduce starches and sugars to your diet and maintain your new weight). That doesn't usually work too well for me, and I end up doing "correction days" which are lower calorie days in which you eat only steak, or only greek yogurt. You drop 2-3lbs usually and are back to your maintenance weight. I've done so many CD's this round I feel as though I'm already doing DD's!!

Anyway, I'm at work, so I'd better go, but thank you again so much for the warm welcome!! I really am excited to start the calorie cycling/zig zag/JUDDD plan!! I'm going to work out LCing over the weekend, pretty strictly and will probably just move on to JUDDD next week. I'm doing (another) CD today, Greek Yogurt , and hope to be back at my maintenance weight by tomorrow.

I'll have to schedule the UD's on my weight training days. I need to look at the calendar and make sure I hit the gym on my "up" days.

Last edited by julieboolie; 09-02-2011 at 11:48 AM.. Reason: typos!
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 11:52 AM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lbibclc
Stats: 231.8/132 54/5-6
WOE: Primal/HHCG
Start Date: August 2009
I agree Julie, that DD seem like CD's although less restrictive in what you eat. I'm sure you could restrict to mostly a protein and do well.

I think the UD on weight training would be what I would do also.
Lbibclc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 01:16 PM   #43
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Thank you all for the well wishes and compliments! JUDDD has been so easy for me and it's like a dream come true!!! AND it was all the support and encouragement from the wonderful JUDDDers on here that was the icing on the cake! (Hey, I can have cake and EAT it, too on JUDDD! )

I have FINALLY found a WOE that works with how I like to eat, and what my body needs. And the fact that the weight just melted off, even so close to goal, lets me know that all is right with my WOE world!!

So many have had such GREAT results on this WOE........and THAT is what inspired me to finally try it! The fact that I tweaked it some really helped me to stay the course! And maybe it's NOT the way JUDDD is suppose to be done, but I did what worked for me and WORKED it did!

How could THAT^^^ not be OK?!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 01:57 PM   #44
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoLi View Post
I made it through my second down day. Was not too bad. I had a job interview yesterday morning then came and went back to bed until 6pm. Got up and egg salad with my dh. later I had some Fage yogurt with sugar free cherry jam. Got me through the evening and back to bed. This weekend is going to be challenging for sure. UD today. Supposed to meet some girlfriends today for lunch at an Italian place. Already looked at the menu and trying to decide what to get. Have company coming for dinner. Tomorrow is supposed to be a DD and it is usually date night. I had planned on Sunday being a medium day because starting Monday I am going to make M-W-F my DD's and keep Sat and Sunday and UP and Med. day. I am losing weight so I hope this will work out for me.
It is nice to see the scale going in the downway position instead of moving up
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoLi View Post
What are those noodles that everyone talks about made of? Why do so many people eat them?
Yay, JoLi. You're losing weight already, and zeroing in on a rotation schedule that will be workable for you. It sure sounds like your work/sleep/wake schedule is a doozy right now, but you seem to be getting a handle on how to make it all work for you there too.

Glad you are arranging to be very successful on JUDDD.

And have you found any of those shirataki noodles we all use so often on our DDs? Here's the best and the worst things about them. The best thing about them is.. they are 0 calories and very, very filling. You can eat a HUGE mound of them for those 0 calories, so you know how great that is on DDs! The worst thing about them is, they're shirataki noodles. Well, I mean.. they aren't wheat pasta. I had expected them to be like real spaghetti, and BOY, was I mistaken. But I've adapted to them now, and they are a Godsend on Down Days.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 02:11 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefighterlady View Post
Down another lb! How exciting!
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeb View Post
I MADE MY FINAL GOAL TODAY!!

You guys are really doing wonderfully!

So happy to hear you are down yet another pound, firefighterlady! That truly is exciting. To know that in exchange for doing good DDs, you get get to have wonderful UDs... AND you can make pounds melt away too is sure fun!

And Linda!!! You're at GOAL now?!!! OMG, you accomplished that in fast time. I'm thrilled for you and just sitting here with a big grin on my happy face! Way To Go.

Go over to the Main Lobby and tell them once again. Just teasing, and LOLing here, but I do really think there are a lot there who will be very tickled for you, 'cause they were following your story just a short while ago when you were gaining weight no matter how carefully you were doing low carb, and really upset because your body seemed determined to resist any weight loss at all.

Anyway, you're my hero! Congratulations. You know how happy I am for you!
Old 09-02-2011, 02:27 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachelocity View Post
What's a Medium Day I know, obvious answer, but is this in the book as an official part of the program or is it a user-defined thing? I assume that the MD is the maintenance level (50-60% of the UD #s) but please correct me if I am wrong.

This opens up a lot of possibilities in circumstances where I would ordinarily have two UDs in a row, or in my more familiar WW terms, budget all my extra Points. Like the upcoming Jewish holidays, with back-to-back dinners which I am cooking.

I decided to have two DDs as a kick-off, today and tomorrow, because I'm feeling uncomfortably *puffy* and not in the "wake up in the morning feeling like P. Diddy" sense of the word. I am not doing shakes for 2 weeks, because it's the height of the vegetable season and I have looked forward to this all year. So I will enjoy real food, focusing on proteins and veggies, with a more LC focus on the DDs. My DD today won't be "perfect" by any means, because I actually decided to DD after I was at work, which means that I am not equipped the way I'd like to be. Lunch will be a work-around (we have a Lunch and Learn and I don't know what the menu is!) but dinner will be deelish, because I am planning to make a stirfry of kimchee and noodles, with a lovely piece of cod as the protein.

Glad to be here, and I want to officially thank SoHappy for last night's WW/JUDDD brainstorm. I can do this!!
Hi, Rachel. Yeah, a Medium Day is sort of a logical continuation of the rotation schedule as it is most easily worked into our seven (odd number) day week. It's not in the book, but made it's appearance in a Kevin Trudeau () book, although I don't actually think it was his original idea even then.

Most do a MD that is about midway between their Up Day and Down Day calorie numbers. That finishes out a 7-day stretch evenly, making 3 DDs, 3 UDs, and 1 half&half day.. the MD.

Your DD today sounds like it will be pretty darned decent, even if you didn't decide to do it as a DD previously, and it sounds yummy to the tummy too.

Glad you're going with this interesting plan of doing your JUDDD alternations using your Weight Watcher points for your counts. I'll be very surprised if it doesn't work perfectly well, and am anxious for a couple of weeks to have passed to get enough time in to assess how it's working.

You'll be the person who can share the *How to Do It* with other WW folks who may also want to look into the benefits of calorie cycling in a JUDDD(ish) manner while still using the basics of their WW plan.

Good luck!

Last edited by SoHappy; 09-02-2011 at 02:29 PM..
Old 09-02-2011, 02:48 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinpower View Post
I am interested in hearing about how this HCG stuff works with JUDDDing. I've read enough on the threads to know I would NEVER do the "protocol" or whatever it is called, just know it's not for me, but if doing "drops" along with JUDDD might help my metabolism, I'd love to know more. I wrecked my metabolism years ago with ultra low-calorie yo-yo dieting, and even JUDDD's benefits haven't brought it back. I still bounce way way up far too much with small indiscretions.

I have to do a lot of cooking for the various picnics and parties I'm attending this weekend. Today's a DD, so no tasting!
Donna, I've been fascinated with the subject too. I wouldn't be interested in actually taking the drops myself, but fascinated to watch other people do it! LOL I've sure been reading Jessica's journal (verbqueen), and she's done just marvelously and is doing her P3 right now.

I am very interested in how this will work for those planning to do their JUDDD rotations as is normally done, but also taking the drops on the DDs. I'm looking forward to some folks getting a couple of weeks or a month into doing it that way, so we can really see how it works for them.

I hate to hear that you think you wrecked your metabolism years ago, and that even JUDDD isn't bringing it back up where you'd like it. I don't know how high you get to have your UD calories, or I guess I don't even know how low you keep your DD calories either, LOL, but hope eventually the big alternating calorie cycle thing will just keep pounding your metabolism a bit higher over time.

Wish I was going to be at some of the parties over the weekend that you are contributing food too. You make great food!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lbibclc View Post
My BP was Ok today, no dizzyness, but I developed a headache last night and it is still there. I slept 11 hours last night. I usually do 6-7. Part of the healing.
I had extra calories yesterday and will do a medium day today as long as I feel ok.

I need to get some of those noodles.
Liz, I hope your headache has eased off. ACK! Hate them! Just part of not being quite fully healed yet, I expect. I'm so sorry.

And, yes.. you definitely do need to get some of the shirataki noodles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryo View Post
Today is an up day for me and I'm sitting here contemplating what I'm going to have for lunch. There are so many choices when you don't have to keep it under 100 calories or so.
So.. what did you end up having for lunch? Yes, the world's almost unlimited when you don't have to hold your lunches to itty bitty DD calorie counts. LOL
Old 09-02-2011, 02:54 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
I have another week of P4 (this is the "stabilization" period of the hcg plan, where you gradually reintroduce starches and sugars to your diet and maintain your new weight). That doesn't usually work too well for me, and I end up doing "correction days" which are lower calorie days in which you eat only steak, or only greek yogurt. You drop 2-3lbs usually and are back to your maintenance weight. I've done so many CD's this round I feel as though I'm already doing DD's!!

Anyway, I'm at work, so I'd better go, but thank you again so much for the warm welcome!! I really am excited to start the calorie cycling/zig zag/JUDDD plan!! I'm going to work out LCing over the weekend, pretty strictly and will probably just move on to JUDDD next week. I'm doing (another) CD today, Greek Yogurt , and hope to be back at my maintenance weight by tomorrow.

I'll have to schedule the UD's on my weight training days. I need to look at the calendar and make sure I hit the gym on my "up" days.
Julie, once again I just wanted to tell you how happy and glad I am that you are going to join us here on JUDDD.

I never really thought about it before, but in a way, the JUDDD Down Days are sort of a built-in CD-Correction Day for the UDs, since the JUDDD UDs can certainly be a whole lot more generous in calories than what we have to adhere to on other eating plans.

Really excited that you're going to join us!
Old 09-02-2011, 03:06 PM   #49
Major LCF Poster!

Ya know ladies, I found I could eat a bit more today and am anxious to try JUDDD, but I have to tell you, scared to death of doing it!! I am afraid that I will go up just fine, but not really lose anything on it. I had a lowish day yesterday at 880 I think, but today should come in around 1000 (hence, I found I could eat something, so I did!! ) and wanted badly to have raviolis for dinner, soft enough I thought I could, and thought I could make today an UD or at least a MD, as my high is supposed to be 2500 with 6 days of exercise, but I am afraid I will try it and just gain 3 or 4 pounds tomorrow and then drop 1 the next or something. How do you overcome the fear of the UDs????
Old 09-02-2011, 03:44 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by catjrow3 View Post
Ya know ladies, I found I could eat a bit more today and am anxious to try JUDDD, but I have to tell you, scared to death of doing it!! I am afraid that I will go up just fine, but not really lose anything on it. I had a lowish day yesterday at 880 I think, but today should come in around 1000 (hence, I found I could eat something, so I did!! ) and wanted badly to have raviolis for dinner, soft enough I thought I could, and thought I could make today an UD or at least a MD, as my high is supposed to be 2500 with 6 days of exercise, but I am afraid I will try it and just gain 3 or 4 pounds tomorrow and then drop 1 the next or something. How do you overcome the fear of the UDs????
Oh, Cathy. LOL I truthfully don't think you have anything to be worried about, because if you need to adjust your calorie levels because of a bit of weight gain, it can be done so easily, so instantly.

If you weigh yourself every single morning, JUDDD will certainly give you a lot of up & down fluctuations. I weigh each morning, and I've seen a lot of surprising jumps up and whooshes down, many with absolutely no rhyme nor reason, and I'm pretty blase' about them by now.

I'm almost always down in scale weight after a good DD, and up in scale weight after a good UD. But not always. What I'm really hoping for is that when I weigh in next Monday morning, the scale says I weigh a little less than I did on the last Monday morning. There is the occasional week where I don't. I did JUDDD according to the book, so to speak, and yet no weight loss. But that's very rare anymore. I've lost about 5 pounds since mid-August.

If you do JUDDD truly, following your given UD and DD calorie levels, and you gain some weight, it's a simple matter to lower your UD calorie ceiling by a couple of hundred and then use that figure for the next week and see what happens.

You're calorie numbers are higher than those most of us (all of us?) have been given, but it's because of your intense exercise on 6 days a week, whereas, my exercise is more of an elder's exercise on the circuit and then a lot of swimming in the indoor pool. Not so strenuous.

Don't panic. Nothing is set in stone, and it's all very easily adjusted. It won't be too long before you have zeroed in on the exact calorie ceilings you should adhere to, and then the rest is easy. And also, the rest is Freedom.

P.S. I almost forgot... glad you're feeling like you can begin to eat a few things, at least soft foods. It won't be long now!

Last edited by SoHappy; 09-02-2011 at 03:46 PM..
Old 09-02-2011, 03:48 PM   #51
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
Oh, Cathy. LOL I truthfully don't think you have anything to be worried about, because if you need to adjust your calorie levels because of a bit of weight gain, it can be done so easily, so instantly.

If you weigh yourself every single morning, JUDDD will certainly give you a lot of up & down fluctuations. I weigh each morning, and I've seen a lot of surprising jumps up and whooshes down, many with absolutely no rhyme nor reason, and I'm pretty blase' about them by now.

I'm almost always down in scale weight after a good DD, and up in scale weight after a good UD. But not always. What I'm really hoping for is that when I weigh in next Monday morning, the scale says I weigh a little less than I did on the last Monday morning. There is the occasional week where I don't. I did JUDDD according to the book, so to speak, and yet no weight loss. But that's very rare anymore. I've lost about 5 pounds since mid-August.

If you do JUDDD truly, following your given UD and DD calorie levels, and you gain some weight, it's a simple matter to lower your UD calorie ceiling by a couple of hundred and then use that figure for the next week and see what happens.

You're calorie numbers are higher than those most of us (all of us?) have been given, but it's because of your intense exercise on 6 days a week, whereas, my exercise is more of an elder's exercise on the circuit and then a lot of swimming in the indoor pool. Not so strenuous.

Don't panic. Nothing is set in stone, and it's all very easily adjusted. It won't be too long before you have zeroed in on the exact calorie ceilings you should adhere to, and then the rest is easy. And also, the rest is Freedom.

P.S. I almost forgot... glad you're feeling like you can begin to eat a few things, at least soft foods. It won't be long now!
UGH, I want to believe, really!! So do you think it would be okay to go with a UD today and then DD tomorrow, even though yesterday was a ?? MD/DD? I am going to go to O.G. for raviolis if so!! They are only 450 calories for the serving, but yum!!!!
Old 09-02-2011, 04:00 PM   #52
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: paulabob
Stats: 204/124.6/110 49%/27.4%/20% 5'2"
WOE: Atkins/hHcg/Optimal whatever works
Start Date: restart March '10
Quote:
I can tell you when I did it my weight was pretty crazy. Sometimes gaining after a down day and sometimes losing after an up day. However if I looked at it week to week, there was a loss every week (except at TOM). My body just did not know what I was doing, but over the long haul I was losing. Maybe you should weigh once a week?

However I tend to have weird weights. I sometimes don't lose after a correction day until the *next* day. And with your water retention problems, you just might not want to weigh yourself after an up day.

I don't know if you can resist not looking, I am too scale obsessed for that!

Do you regular JUDDDers weigh all the time or once a week or what? Just personal preference?
2012 lowish Optimal calories, June25th 132.6/124.6/110
paulabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 04:03 PM   #53
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I can tell you when I did it my weight was pretty crazy. Sometimes gaining after a down day and sometimes losing after an up day. However if I looked at it week to week, there was a loss every week (except at TOM). My body just did not know what I was doing, but over the long haul I was losing. Maybe you should weigh once a week?

However I tend to have weird weights. I sometimes don't lose after a correction day until the *next* day. And with your water retention problems, you just might not want to weigh yourself after an up day.

Do you regular JUDDDers weigh all the time or once a week or what? Just personal preference?
Thanks Paula, yes. I am scale obsessed too,... but.. I expect fluctuations, so while I will weigh every morning and usually every night after dinner, I expect a "jump" etc. I can usually gauge the next day though by the night weight, at least pretty close. But if over the course of a week I went down, I could take that too!! I would like it go down at least 2 lbs a week though and not sure if thats possible or not, not that its happening with HCG either, so what do I have to lose right?? hehehehe
Old 09-02-2011, 04:07 PM   #54
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: paulabob
Stats: 204/124.6/110 49%/27.4%/20% 5'2"
WOE: Atkins/hHcg/Optimal whatever works
Start Date: restart March '10
Quote:
Paula, so what were your calores on Tues, Thurs, etc? And did you take the drops then or just during MWF??
They were around my BMR. I didn't try to keep it exact, just noted it down to see if any bad patterns emerged. I didn't bother with pellets on my up days, didn't feel I needed them.
paulabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 04:14 PM   #55

Quote:
UGH, I want to believe, really!! So do you think it would be okay to go with a UD today and then DD tomorrow, even though yesterday was a ?? MD/DD? I am going to go to O.G. for raviolis if so!! They are only 450 calories for the serving, but yum!!!!
Hey! Go for it! You only live once!

If it's a mistake, we'll undo it tomorrow. If it gives you an opportunity to get started, I say go and enjoy. That's part of the fun of UDs. Part of the fun of JUDDD.
Old 09-02-2011, 04:16 PM   #56
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
Hey! Go for it! You only live once!

If it's a mistake, we'll undo it tomorrow. If it gives you an opportunity to get started, I say go and enjoy. That's part of the fun of UDs. Part of the fun of JUDDD.
I am leaning towards agreeing! Hubby is on his way home, will make him make the final decision!! LOL
Old 09-02-2011, 04:16 PM   #57
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/138.6/?
WOE: lc
Just wanted to say hi SoHappy Sure is a busy thread here lately wish it had worked for me.
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 04:21 PM   #58

Quote:

I do. I weigh every single morning, *empty* if you catch my meaning. And then that's it for the day. I know over the course of the day I will fill my gut with food, fill my body with fluid, gain probably a couple of pounds, etc.

But I'm not really interested in how much fluid I managed to accumulate during the course of the day or how much my meals are now stacking up to in my gut. So no more weighing until the next morning... once again *empty*.

I'm not at all bothered with the fluctuations. Maybe a little pizzed, but only mildly so. It sure isn't anything that bothers me much though, unless I've gained come that *official* weekly weigh-in each Monday morning. If I've gone up any then from the previous Monday, it means I lower my UD ceiling for the week by about 200 calories, and really, really be careful about not exceeding my ceilings on any of my days. (Which I'm sometimes too lenient with.) Always, always I've been back down and into weight loss in short order.

Pretty easy plan.
Old 09-02-2011, 04:30 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaniem View Post
Just wanted to say hi SoHappy Sure is a busy thread here lately wish it had worked for me.
Honey, I wish so too. I wish I could make my little smiley guy hug and hang on for a minute with you.

Maybe someday in the future you will feel more like you're ready. Somehow more settled in your head, feeling somehow more calm and accepting and, I don't know... just *ready* somehow. I'd love that.

And in the meantime, know that I read your posts and always want so much for you to find the way, find your way, to just.. sort of find a laid back place and a *relaxed* attitude about food and meals and eating in general.

I always am wishing you the best and sending you my warmest regards.
Old 09-02-2011, 04:32 PM   #60

Quote:
I am leaning towards agreeing! Hubby is on his way home, will make him make the final decision!! LOL
LOL! If he makes the decision that works out well, he gets to be a hero and becomes a prince and you tell him how wonderful he is. And if he makes the decision and it doesn't work out so well, well... he owes you big! At least a nice bouquet!