Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2011, 09:03 AM   #541
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: LC..My "Don't Have To Think Because It's Simple"!
Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Ahh, I know where that is now!! Love it up there, so close to the mountains!! You can fly into that airport from here in AZ for super cheap. That's my plan next time .

Well, today is my third week of JUDDD (weighing officially on Fridays). I did fine on my DD yesterday, used protein shakes to keep me high on protein and low in cals (I use MRM Whey protein powder. It's LC and comes in about 90cals/scoop. Best I've found yet.

And, I'm still up on the scale. No loss after my down day . So, my weight has gone up a net lb or 2 each week the past 3 weeks, putting me well above where I want to maintain . I think there are several culprits. 1. I reintroduced carbs. 2. I'm weight training. 3. I have an untreated thyroid condition that I am working on.

So, I think I may need to drop carbs down again and focus on weight training for a while. I can't seem to do both, as my weight keeps going up. Even w/ DD's. Yesterday I ate lower calories and today my weight is still up. That's not a good sign in my book. Looks like my metabolism isn't responding at all to the type of JUDDDD I am trying.

So, I think my plan is to go back to Atkins/LC for a while and see if I can get back down to my LDW range (153-156) and keep it there while lifting heavy. Should allow me to have enough protein daily to lift whenever, while not gaining weight. We'll see. I'll gradually add carbs back in again, and when I'm truly stable and ready to lose again I will re-visit JUDDD. I really like the idea of it, and love all of you!!

I will keep checking in, but think I'd better go back to straight Atkins for a while until I'm really at a stable weight. I've worked too hard to get down here and don't want to jeopardize it.

Thank you for sharing your experience and encouragement. I'll be back soon when my body is ready to lose some more weight. For now, I'll have to give LC it's due turn.
Please keep checking in with us and I'm so sorry that JUDDD may not be working for you! Hopefully you will find the "right fit" for yourself soon.
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-2011, 09:13 AM   #542
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Joedi, loved your vampire bride costume! I know you'll have a great time with your friends at the Vampires Rock musical tonight!

But you didn't come back in and post to let us know whether or not you lost anything this week??? Keeping my fingers crossed for you. I know it gets harder and it gets slower going when you're pretty close to goal, so if you didn't, I'm not worried.. but I'm so-o-o-o hoping the scale reading was a little bit less. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Marie, I don't blame you for wanting to take a day off from walking after doing the weights yesterday! Hope you are feeling less achey as the day goes on.

Fun to get your hair done though, especially when it's such a good price. I should look into what the prices are at our local beauty college. I'll bet that would save me some money. And I envy you getting the massage. Lovely. Maybe that will help take away some of the soreness too.

I was also going to tell you how happy I am that you have been able to maintain so nicely on JUDDD, while enjoying whatever you wish to eat in your menus. And, yes.. if you decide one of these days that you want to drop a few more pounds down, you can lower your calories a bit and do your rotation at that little lower level, and I expect you would have very, very good success! You're doing such a good job with JUDDD, and I hope you are really enjoying the mixed advantages it gives to you too.. the flexibility and choice, etc.

AnnF, I'm not surprised if you're up a smidge if you've added in some carbs here all of a sudden, beyond the level you may have been used to previously. That should stabilize.

Then too, weight loss isn't a straight *cause and effect* result of the exact amount of food we ate within an exact previous 24-hour period, so often our slight ups and downs on a scale don't really reflect what we just ate the day before anyway. It's one of those *Who Knows?* sorts of things! LOL Just hang in there and do your UD/DD rotations at your recommended calorie levels and not above, and the great JUDDD magic should work its happy spell on you too!

This is an aside comment, but CruzCrzy/Marie made the comment "I am amazed out how well my body is tolerating the carbs SO FAR when it was not previously when I was eating low carb." and this is something that has been mentioned by other people as well. Interesting little observation. I found it to be true for me as well.

Paula, I got a chuckle about your "three Up Days in a row", but occasionally that is just how we need to address an issue for ourselves. And, yeah, I expect your uptick on the scale is just water weight. JUDDD is such a forgiving plan, so that'll be back off quickly, and you'll be back in a relaxed mode and eating easy-peasy in the comforting rhythm of Up-Down-Up-Down days.

I'm doing a DD today too, and think I'm going to try to do it just with my coffee/half&half and some hard boiled eggs. I've never tried that for a DD before, and thought I'd be interested in if it would work for me.

Joannew, WOW! You're down already and after an Up Day! You're really jumping right into this, aren't you. LOL Way to go!

And you said that you didn't wake up ravenous this morning, and that's a very strange thing that so many of us have noticed too.

You'd think that after a day of not eating much, we'd really wake up with a lot of hunger the next day, but it seems like the JUDDD low days sort of help us return to a more normal hunger response. Like, it isn't necessary to ALWAYS be hungry, just because a new day has arrived, because the noon whistle has gone off, just because we haven't really had A LOT of food to eat. Sometimes it just isn't necessary for our body to signal that it is in need of nourishment. For so many of us, much of that *hungry... have to eat* appetite all the time was what propelled us into overweight and obese levels of weight gain. Nice to have a little bit less of that compulsion to eat hitting us all the time.

Going to close this post off now, and then come back to continue reading the rest of the posts. Hope you all are having a good day!
Old 09-23-2011, 09:40 AM   #543

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedi View Post
Hi all!
I am excited today, as I am having a rare girly night out, tonight!
We are off to see a musical call Vampires Rock.... all the best rock music with a gothic vampire storyline!
My friends and I are getting dress up- I am going as a vampire bride- see my avi and albums!
It is years since I have did fancy dress, and never at this slim weight. I am SO glad I started juddd 3 weeks ago - my dress fits so much better than when I got it weeks ago, and I feel positive and energetic, not tired and low!
I have booked to get my hair done into ringlets... another rare treat, and will be doing the whole goth makeup. I feel like a child at Xmas today...and just wanted to share!

Hugs
Jo
X
You are one sexy VAMP there, Joedi!! Have a fabulous time and tell us all about it when you can!! the avatar!! And I, too am hoping for a loss for you, my friend! Let us know!!

Last edited by Beeb; 09-23-2011 at 09:41 AM..
Old 09-23-2011, 09:54 AM   #544

Julie, I can completely understand your frustration and apprehension at gaining a bit again as you have been on JUDDD and started adding carbs back into your diet. I guess that would be expected, once the carbs get reintroduced, especially if it isn't done in a very gradual way.

And while your three-pound gain isn't the usual response, I know it would really make a person feel unhappy enough to want to end it, especially after having come so far as you have. I have so much appreciation for what you have accomplished, and the weight you have been able to lose. That takes a lot of work and dedication, and you did what it took!

I really do think that your weight gain is only water weight gain as the result of you reintroducing carbs, and also of starting the weight training. Well, reintroducing carbs with some resulting water weight gain would occur, of course, no matter what plan it happened on, which I guess is why Dr. Atkins told it to do it very gradually.. LOL. I know I am carrying around a few *water weight* pounds myself, as I do enjoy more carbs in my diet now than previously, but that's OK with me. I don't really care what the scale weight is, or that my body weight is partly water weight on the scale, as long as it isn't FAT weight.

And I do know that there is always water weight to be expected in the muscles at first when a person starts working out.

I do wish you well, and hope you'll be back here often to visit with us and tell us how you're doing. Are you planning to go back to a low carb level as you leave JUDDD? Could you go back to that low carb level while remaining on JUDDD? Just a thought, as I know there are folks who reap the benefits of JUDDD while remaining on a very low carb diet. The carbs aren't necessary, you know. The choices of what you want to eat are up to you.

Anyway, I wish you nothing but success! But hope you'll still pop in to visit with us and keep us up on your progress! Hugs!

Linda, your happy experience of being up in water weight, and then dumping 2 pounds overnight is a perfect example of the fluctuations that can happen to us because of the MANY things going on in our lives, not just as a straight result of what we eat, and that if we have retained some water weight from what we have been eating, that comes right back off too!

Happy JUDDDing! Woo Hoo! And enjoy that popcorn at the movies this evening!

For myself, I'm doing a Down Day today, and am going to try doing it just on hard boiled eggs. Well.. and my coffee with half & half too. I've seen a couple of you just do an egg DD, and I've never tried that, thinking it wouldn't be very much food, but I'm going to give it a go today and see if I can, and then if so.. whether I ever want to do that again! LOL

Off to pick up my sister and have a girl's afternoon with her. Get our shopping done and have a good visit.

Have a good afternoon, Everyone. And have a good evening, Jo!
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 11:05 AM   #545
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: Low Carb ala JUDDD
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Beeb, I was reading the thread you linked and you mentioned a muffin you make. You said you use Chia gel instead of the oil. I bought some Chia seeds the last time I was on the mainland, but haven't done anything with them. What portions do you use to make the gel to replace the oil?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Last edited by Seabreezes; 09-23-2011 at 11:09 AM..
Seabreezes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 11:29 AM   #546
Major LCF Poster!

So Happy, I have made stuffed eggs with the Walden Honey Mustard dressing instead of mayo, mustard, a little sugar free relish, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, etc. It dressed up the eggs so they are a bit more exciting and my non low carb friends have no idea they are not the real thing. A little bit of coconut milk or almond milk for liquid and then all of the other ingredients might work well, too instead of the WF dressing. A touch of gluc would give the "milks" some thickness.

If you like dill relish you don't even have to get the sugar free relish. We have always been sweet relish people!!

I can't believe how much I am going back to the WW thinking, but not replacing the fat with sugary things as all of the low fat items do. It is like a new game!!

I have also been thinking of eggs for my next down day. Today is supposed to be an up day, but think I overdid it a bit yesterday. We are going to brunch on Sunday so Saturday has to be a DD. I just think I won't overeat today and see what happens.

I am so hoping this will work for me so I can enjoy the lovely meals we eat out and not feel like I am blowing my low carb diet all the time.

I am a bit older than you and I cannot believe how much harder it is to lose the weight than it was just 2 years ago.

We travel a lot and as soon as we get home I can usually get back to where I want to be in a month or so, but not this time. It is not that I eat badly when we travel, but not making your own food you get more salt and calories than you can control.

Off to make some eggs - glad you mentioned them.

Hugs to ALL of the JUDDD BUDDD's
Old 09-23-2011, 11:35 AM   #547
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Doggygirl
Stats: 204/183.2/152
WOE: In Limbo
Start Date: Each day is a new day to start fresh.
Hearty hello to everyone!!!

Special healing vibes to you Dazy for Noah.

Jo - I LOVE your vampire dress!!!! I hope you have a blast and share lots of pictures of you and your friends!

Julie, I can really empathize with the thyroid issues. I am hypo too and without medication, there is no way I can lose weight. It's just gain gain gain for me too. I hope you are able to get that sorted out with your doctor.

Well, today is Day 5 of Fast-5. I'm hangin' in there! The most important thing is that I've stuck with it now for 4+ days and I'm feeling in a good groove. Part of my problem lately with all the gains is that I just have NOT been able to keep my head in any game for more than a few days, if that. So I'm going to try to stay focused on my one goal for the rest of this two weeks - only eat within my window. Will set a new goal after that!

Hope everyone is having a great day and doesn't mind me tagging along even though I am not technically JUDDDing right now. You all are the reason I'm doing ANYTHING more than 2-days right now! I love your group energy!

DG
Doggygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 12:44 PM   #548
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LuvLatte
Stats: 135/141/123 @ 5'3" and 46 yo
WOE: LC on and off. Now whole foods & JUDDD
Start Date: Restart: 9/21/2011 w JUDDD at 145
Hi, girls:

Just a quick check in, it's lunch time here for me. Hope everyone's having a great day so far!

Dazy: anything new/positive with Noah?

Jo: love love love the vampire bride!

Pat and Linda: you two are simply amazing!!!! Thank you for all the inpsirations,

I think I overdid the UD with dessert right before bed... But today's another day! So far my DD is coming along OK, will try to stick to my planned meals (fresh pineapple, miracle noodles, greenoodles, spaghetti squash). Hmm, now that i'm typing this, I think I'm missing protein... may swap out some of the greenoodle with some protein powder later.

check in later today!
LuvLatte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 02:24 PM   #549
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AnnF
Stats: W:218/172/165 - H:5'9.5" - Age 55
WOE: LC
Start Date: July 28, 2012
Thanks, Linda and Pat, for the encouragement. I knew this might happen. I'll just wait and see how it goes over the next week.

paulabob, here's to that last 20 pounds!
AnnF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 03:10 PM   #550

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnF View Post
Well, the scale is up by a pound after my first DD. I knew this might happen--water weight from the higher carbs. What is everyone's experience with this? When does it normalize and weight loss resume?

Joedi, have FUN tonight!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnF View Post
Thanks, Linda and Pat, for the encouragement. I knew this might happen. I'll just wait and see how it goes over the next week.

paulabob, here's to that last 20 pounds!
Yeah..... We are thrilled when we first start a low carb plan and cut out all the carbs and the weight just falls off that first week or two! Woo Hoo! We're shrinking. Well, not actually losing much fat, but the water weight loss showing up on the scale readout sure looks good! That impresses us!

And then when we step into a different plan - for whatever reason - if it is one that allows carbs, well..... we seem to take advantage of that allowance. And enjoy it. Of course, the resulting water weight gain can come back just as fast as it left, and there's the *rub*.

Truly, I didn't care that I regained a smidge of water weight from getting to add a few more carbs back into my menu plan. Well, occasionally even more than a few more carbs back in.

The major, major thing for me is that JUDDD helps me with appetite control in an amazing and almost unbelievable way, and it helps me lose FAT weight, and that was what I was always after. I don't really care what the scale says.. it's the FAT I wanted gone!

I think you'll get stable with it all and then lose fat from that point on.

Last edited by SoHappy; 09-23-2011 at 03:11 PM..
Old 09-23-2011, 03:31 PM   #551

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabreezes View Post
Beeb, I was reading the thread you linked and you mentioned a muffin you make. You said you use Chia gel instead of the oil. I bought some Chia seeds the last time I was on the mainland, but haven't done anything with them. What portions do you use to make the gel to replace the oil?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.
OK I use 2 tbs chia gel and about 1 cup water. If it's not "gelling" well I add more chia. Let it sit for a good 30 minutes using the 2 tbs/1cup water and see what happens. HTH! BTW....I also use 1 tbs of FF yogurt in this recipe, added to the other ingredients, because I have found it makes it really moist!
Old 09-23-2011, 05:07 PM   #552
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/161.6/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
Julie, I can completely understand your frustration and apprehension at gaining a bit again as you have been on JUDDD and started adding carbs back into your diet. I guess that would be expected, once the carbs get reintroduced, especially if it isn't done in a very gradual way.

And while your three-pound gain isn't the usual response, I know it would really make a person feel unhappy enough to want to end it, especially after having come so far as you have. I have so much appreciation for what you have accomplished, and the weight you have been able to lose. That takes a lot of work and dedication, and you did what it took!

I really do think that your weight gain is only water weight gain as the result of you reintroducing carbs, and also of starting the weight training. Well, reintroducing carbs with some resulting water weight gain would occur, of course, no matter what plan it happened on, which I guess is why Dr. Atkins told it to do it very gradually.. LOL. I know I am carrying around a few *water weight* pounds myself, as I do enjoy more carbs in my diet now than previously, but that's OK with me. I don't really care what the scale weight is, or that my body weight is partly water weight on the scale, as long as it isn't FAT weight.

And I do know that there is always water weight to be expected in the muscles at first when a person starts working out.

I do wish you well, and hope you'll be back here often to visit with us and tell us how you're doing. Are you planning to go back to a low carb level as you leave JUDDD? Could you go back to that low carb level while remaining on JUDDD? Just a thought, as I know there are folks who reap the benefits of JUDDD while remaining on a very low carb diet. The carbs aren't necessary, you know. The choices of what you want to eat are up to you.

Anyway, I wish you nothing but success! But hope you'll still pop in to visit with us and keep us up on your progress! Hugs!
Thanks!! I am trying not to panic too much about the gain. I'm normally prone to quick gains and losses w/ water from too many carbs (cookies etc). I did reintroduce some carbs, but tried for healthy ones- I'm talking some hummus, oatmeal, fruit and beans one day. I've always enjoyed cottage cheese and yogurt. I expected a little gain when I had the carbs, but the other days were DD's w/ lower carbs and very low calorie. I fully expected to lose that quick gain on those down days.

The weight training has been going on for 3-4 weeks, and although I suspect a little muscle/water gain from that, I don't think that's the culprit either.

Maybe I will give LC JUDDD a shot. Not sure I want to give up carbs and do DD's too! I've been doing hcg for almost a year and tend to get tot eh breaking point if I have too much deprivation. Go completely the other way and vengeance eat (like this summer!). So, I'm gonna' take it a day at a time. So far today I've done pretty LC and low cal. Depending on dinner it may just turn into a med day instead of UD.

I think I'll just maintain as best I can for a while and see where I land. I do love the idea of JUDDD and adding carbs back in successfully. We'll see.

Thanks for all your support JUDDD BUDs. You're a wonderful group!!
julieboolie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 07:50 PM   #553
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dazygyrl
i'm so sorry, i thought i updated this morning....i have too many places i update i lose track!!

he slept good last night. woke up to fin out he's growing white cells again!! they increased dramatically overnight! from 60 to 1200!! now, as long as he continues to stay afebrile...less than 100.4...till morning, we should be able to go home tomorrow. it's stayed under that most of the day. there was one 100.9 between 5:30 and 6:30 but the dr said he would wait to see the trend thru the night to make a decision. but he feels great. much perkier than yesterday. he even pulled out a tooth a little bit ago.

thanks ladies...have a great night!
dazygyrl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 07:55 PM   #554

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazygyrl View Post
i'm so sorry, i thought i updated this morning....i have too many places i update i lose track!!

he slept good last night. woke up to fin out he's growing white cells again!! they increased dramatically overnight! from 60 to 1200!! now, as long as he continues to stay afebrile...less than 100.4...till morning, we should be able to go home tomorrow. it's stayed under that most of the day. there was one 100.9 between 5:30 and 6:30 but the dr said he would wait to see the trend thru the night to make a decision. but he feels great. much perkier than yesterday. he even pulled out a tooth a little bit ago.

All of the above post is wonderful news, and... does the Tooth Fairy come to hospitals?

Sounds like he is just bouncing back amazingly fast! I think that's a sign that he is basicly in very good and strong health. Yay!

I'm looking forward to your future post that tells us you are back home.
Old 09-23-2011, 08:33 PM   #555
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AmyInTX
Stats: 262/243.2/170
WOE: LC/ then JUDDD
Start Date: start JUDDD on 8/4/12
Thanks to Beeb and Cruz for answering my question

good news!! i found some powder today for 87 cals per scoop!! will try it tomorrow to see how it tastes!

also got some fage yogurt, coconut milk (which i LOVE), some fruit and lots of veggies!! no luck on the gluc powder, they only had it in pill form. i will just have to order it online....no biggie.

Dazygyrl .... so happy to hear Noah is feeling better!

I have a DD tomorrow and we have a lot going on...getting ready to plan my menu, but it's going to be a bit scary for me, as it will be hard to stick too since we won't be home much.
AmyInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 08:33 PM   #556
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LuvLatte
Stats: 135/141/123 @ 5'3" and 46 yo
WOE: LC on and off. Now whole foods & JUDDD
Start Date: Restart: 9/21/2011 w JUDDD at 145
Dazy: glad to hear!! Yay!!!
LuvLatte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 08:56 PM   #557

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvLatte View Post
Hello, everyone!

May I join you? I've been LC'ing on and off for several years, but could never stick with it as I love veggies and fruits, and not much of a meat eater. I would always fall off the LC wagon because I crave fruits...

Anyway, I think menopause is approaching, and recently I went back on bc pills to regulate my system. So the end results is I'm at 145 lbs, the heaviest I've ever been...

So I've been coming here and reading all the plans. Seems like I'm happy with a paleo type eating. Reading about JUDDD and your success has made me think that this just might work for me, as I do tend to naturally cycle my food intake.

I'm going to give it an honest try.
I don't know how I missed you, but SO happy to have you join our wonderful JUDDD family! I have this feeling you are going to find that JUDDD is a great fit for you and now you can "have your fruit and eat it, too"!
Old 09-23-2011, 08:57 PM   #558
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: paulabob
Stats: 204/124.6/110 49%/27.4%/20% 5'2"
WOE: Atkins/hHcg/Optimal whatever works
Start Date: restart March '10
Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Maybe I will give LC JUDDD a shot. Not sure I want to give up carbs and do DD's too!
That's pretty much my plan. Basically if I exceed 30-40 net carbs, my appetite spirals out of control. Just the way I am - I've been hypoglycemic since I was 5 and I think it relates to that. I don't mind giving up carbs most of the time as there are so many substitutes. At least I want to hit goal before I do too much experimenting!

This week was a WASH for me with 3 up (and over) days! Oh well, live & learn!

Quote:
much perkier than yesterday. he even pulled out a tooth a little bit ago.
Oh, how awesome, hope the Tooth Fairy comes soon!
paulabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 09:00 PM   #559

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeb View Post
I don't know how I missed you, but SO happy to have you join our wonderful JUDDD family! I have this feeling you are going to find that JUDDD is a great fit for you and now you can "have your fruit and eat it, too"!
dazygyrl I am SO happy to hear about Noah!! You and that wonderful, brave little guy have never been far from my thoughts and it's great to hear things are turning around for him! BTW.....it's been so long for me but I gotta ask....how much is a tooth worth today to the Tooth Fairy? My kids got 25 cents for regular teeth and 1.00 for the 2 front ones!

AmyInTX Please let us know the brand of the PP and if you like it! Just what I've been looking for, lower cal!!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”

Last edited by Beeb; 09-23-2011 at 09:03 PM..
Old 09-23-2011, 11:11 PM   #560
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeb View Post
OK I use 2 tbs chia gel and about 1 cup water. If it's not "gelling" well I add more chia. Let it sit for a good 30 minutes using the 2 tbs/1cup water and see what happens. HTH! BTW....I also use 1 tbs of FF yogurt in this recipe, added to the other ingredients, because I have found it makes it really moist!
I'll try this in the next couple of days. Many thanks for your reply.
Seabreezes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 04:00 AM   #561
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Quote:

I have been thinking of Noah all day, and am delighted to log in this morning and find out he is doing so much better! Hope the tooth fairy was extra good to him....

Big hugs
Jo
X
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 04:15 AM   #562
Major LCF Poster!

I had an awesome time last night! The rock music was great, the vampires were sexy, and us girls had a lot of fun!
Funny thing is, I d
Old 09-24-2011, 04:26 AM   #563
Senior LCF Member

Morning all!

Down half a pound this morning, even after an UD, so that's encouraging! Not sure what my DD menu will be for today. I have a FreshDirect delivery this afternoon which contains strawberries and 0% greek yogurt, so I know I'll let myself have some yogurt, berries and pineapple for dessert tonight.

dazygyrl, so glad to hear things are improving!
Old 09-24-2011, 04:26 AM   #564
Major LCF Poster!

Weigh in day yesterday.... and I am down 2 lbs!
Was 141.75, am now 139.75! I made sure to move the scale round the bathroom to check... But it stayed the same!

Have been weighing daily, and my weight has bounced up and down a little, but this is the one week weigh in, so I am claiming it. Goodness knows what it will be this morning... I was out last night and got in late, and hungry!

I had a great time last night! The rock music was great, the vampires were sexy, and a us girls had a lot of fun.... and a few funny looks when we came back to our home town and went to the local bar!
Funny thing is, I don't drink-alcohol makes me unwell- but I always wake up with a headache if my companions have had a few!

Hugs
Jo
X

"Eat today for the clothes you want to wear tomorrow!"
Old 09-24-2011, 04:33 AM   #565
Senior LCF Member

Joedi, wow! Two pounds! CONGRATS! And so glad to hear you had fun last night, too!
Old 09-24-2011, 05:06 AM   #566
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: E.W.
Stats: 318/297/ a lot less
WOE: Fast5
Start Date: restart again 1/17/2014
Drat I realy hate this water weight issue. Yesterday was 2 DD's in a row so I know my
morning weight of 279.6 lbs isn't real and tomorow I will be back up to 281 or 282. But
it sure was neat to be under 280 and to think it wasn't long ago I said the same thing
when I got under 300lbs. I am not doing low carb right now. I am tempted to start back
but realy hate that fast water weight gain if you go off low carb. Well 5 hours to the
senior buffet at Golden Corral. Hope everone has a good day today wether it's up or down.
E.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 05:20 AM   #567
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Joannew
Stats: 149/138.2/128 (5'4.5", 60 yy)
WOE: M/E (mostly)
Start Date: 4/1/14
GOOD MORNING JUDDD BUDDDS!

Only .2# down today after a DD, but that's OK...slow and steady wins the race, right?

I'm glad your son is getting better, Dzygirl!

on 2# lost, Joedi! Glad you had a great time last night! You looked so cute in your outfit! Where did you ever find that coffin purse?

luvlatte!

all the other JUDDD BUDDDS! Hope you have a great day!
Joannew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 06:43 AM   #568
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 1annewil
Stats: 165/156/150
WOE: Atkins/JUDD/Potato Hack/
I would really like to join ya'll. I have lc'd off and on for 11 years and never had trouble losing the weight. I am a bing-er when I go off and eat sugar everyway possible in huge quantities. I have had a frustrating year with my weight. I weigh as I did mid-January after a 3 week blow-out at Christmas and a few days back at lc. I can't get the 7 lbs off that would drop fast earlier. I hve been reading in the Judd post and it seems this is normal among many post-menopasual women. So I have had hope reading here. I am leaving for 10 days with my sister in Dallas Tuesday-not sure I can do it there-but I resolve to try even if it's not totally by the book. I tried a quasi-dd yesterday but ended eating a ribeye I had menu-ed in earlier in the week-so calories weren't low enough but the rest of the day was well below. I so hope this works-I'm very encouraged reading here-Thanks for the help. Gotta go-we're leaving to go meet two of our kids for lunch before MSU football. Anne

Psalm 62:5
Yes, my soul, find rest in God;
my hope comes from him.
1annewil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 07:23 AM   #569
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catjrow3
Stats: 240/177/150
WOE: NK - LCHF
Start Date: 05/18/2013 (restart of course)
Ann to our group of JUDDD BUDDDs, just jump right in. Hopefully JUDDD will work wonders for you!!

Joedi, nice drop!!! Sounds like you had fun last night, how exciting!! Sucks you get a "sympathy" headache though!! LOL

AnnF, nice way to start the morning huh? I love it too when I am down after an UD!!

EW, maybe it will stick. Just dont over do on your UD.. eat lots of protein and maybe you will see the same number tomorrow!!

As for me, I am finally back to my low of last week.. Yeah! I hope I dont bounce all over again this week and end up in the same place, but we will see how it goes and where I land next week!!

Pat, Linda, everyone else, waving hi, hope you all have a great day today!!
catjrow3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 07:29 AM   #570

Just checking in to get caught up with all the conversations here. Does anyone else think this month has just sped by? Just this final week left to September and then into October, which will rush by too... Is it just that I'm old now that time seems to go so fast? You'd think that as I slowed down, my perception of the passing of time would slow also.

AmyinTX.. you said you'd found protein powder for 87 cals per scoop. What brand is that? I'd love to go look for it around here, to be able to read the label, etc.

Paula, you said this week was a wash for you with three Up and Over days... LOL I think it does take a little while for most of us to get into the habit of the calorie counting, and that means that ya' have to measure out the food, else how can you accurately track the cals? So it takes a bit to get into it for accuracy, and then I think it takes our bodies a bit of time sometimes to adjust to the constant cycling of calories. I think you will do very well with JUDDD once you get it established. I'm wishing you all the very best here!

Seabreezes! How are you doing this morning? I guess I don't even know what time zone you're in. Are you even awake and up for the day yet? LOL

AnnF, Woo Hoo! Already down half a POUND, and after an UD. That's pretty exciting. Enjoy your DD today, and make it a good one. I think this is only the beginning of your weight losses.

Joedi !!!!!!!!!! You're down TWO pounds for the week? And you only *dieted* on the DDs and ate wonderfully on the UDs... so that's fabulous. Congrats! I truly did *Laugh Out Loud* when I read about you moving the scale around to various spots in the bathroom to keep weighing.. just to test that new low number. I've done that in my life too. So funny!

And here's the pros and cons of weighing every day vs once a week... If you hadn't have weighed every day, you'd never have seen those various fluctuations of up and down on the scale, and you'd just have stepped on the scale after the week was over and seen you were down two pounds, and you'd think your weight had just gone down steadily to that new low weight. But weighing ourselves daily shows us that weight bounces up and down a lot on the way DOWN. I always call it as being like a rubber ball, bouncing down the stairway. It bounces up and down a lot, but is heading down overall. We only have to worry if it starts bouncing back UP the stairs!

Will close this post off and go back to reading more of this mornings comments. What an active Forum we have these days! Lots of fun and excitement here, and so much fun reading about everyone's way of doing JUDDD, and of their successes.

Last edited by SoHappy; 09-24-2011 at 07:33 AM..