Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2011, 03:31 PM   #511
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazygyrl View Post
apparently i am fasting today. lol. all i have had is coffee with hh and a diet rite.

mama intuition knew as soon as Noah got up something was brewing. he was NOT the same happy kid as he was when he went to bed. and sure enough, by mid-morning his temp started creeping....we have now been sitting in the children's ER for almost 3 hrs. labs are drawn, chest xray done, ua collected. he's on his second iv antibiotic and we are waiting for him to get a room. will probably be here at least 2 days for iv meds. but don't know for sure on length of stay.

Sending big hugs to you and little Noah.
Hope he is on the mend very soon...please post as soon as you are able, and let us know how he is doing.

Jo
x
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-2011, 04:03 PM   #512
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dazygyrl
thank you, all...

pat...Noah was diagnosed with a form of prostate cancer on sept 6. a week ago yesterday he had his first chemo...the BIG treatment that causes all his blood counts to drop essentially wiping out his immune system. it is, thankfully, the "good" kind of the type he has, with good prognosis, but still must be treated with rigorous chemo and radiation. he will have 43 weeks of chemo with 6 weeks of radiation thrown in there too. he has a type of cancer called rhabdomyosarcoma. dr thought we may be here till sun or monday....just all depends on when his immune system starts to recover and he starts building white blood cells again. so he gets antibiotics till that happens. so far no source of infections has been found to account for the temp yet. chest xray is clear, but he does have a cough so not sure what's up with that. don't know if his urine is clear yet. and blood cultures take up to 72 hrs to get results.

still haven't eaten and it's 6pm here....surprisingly, i'm not starving or anything. mildly hungry.
dazygyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 04:11 PM   #513
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
thank you, all...

pat...Noah was diagnosed with a form of prostate cancer on sept 6. a week ago yesterday he had his first chemo...the BIG treatment that causes all his blood counts to drop essentially wiping out his immune system. it is, thankfully, the "good" kind of the type he has, with good prognosis, but still must be treated with rigorous chemo and radiation. he will have 43 weeks of chemo with 6 weeks of radiation thrown in there too. he has a type of cancer called rhabdomyosarcoma. dr thought we may be here till sun or monday....just all depends on when his immune system starts to recover and he starts building white blood cells again. so he gets antibiotics till that happens. so far no source of infections has been found to account for the temp yet. chest xray is clear, but he does have a cough so not sure what's up with that. don't know if his urine is clear yet. and blood cultures take up to 72 hrs to get results.

still haven't eaten and it's 6pm here....surprisingly, i'm not starving or anything. mildly hungry.
Dazy, I'm so sorry! What a darned thing to have to go through. Is Noah your son? That would be really unusual for a little guy, wouldn't it? Or your husband? Regardless, I am now adding my prayers to the many others I know you have being said for you folks!

And I know how it is so strange to have it be 6:00 and you haven't eaten and... you're really not all that hungry????? I wonder if that isn't something that just goes to show us how much our *hunger* is triggered by our habit of eating at certain times, rather than our true hunger.

I see that you are in the central time zone. You aren't another of us in Iowa by any chance?
Old 09-22-2011, 04:16 PM   #514
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LuvLatte
Stats: 135/141/123 @ 5'3" and 46 yo
WOE: LC on and off. Now whole foods & JUDDD
Start Date: Restart: 9/21/2011 w JUDDD at 145
Dazygyrl: You and Noah are in my prayers... Reading your signature lines, I know you are a strong lady with strong faith in God. God bless.
LuvLatte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 04:25 PM   #515
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joannew
Stats: 149/142.2/135 (5'4.5", 60 yy)
WOE: 1200 cals
Start Date: 7/27/14
I'm so sorry to hear that Dazy, sending hugs and prayers for Noah and you.
Joannew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 04:46 PM   #516
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

thank you ladies.

pat...yes, i am in iowa....you are in the eastern side of the state, correct? i am on the west side. about an hour east of council bluffs/omaha. Noah is my son and is 9. yes, very unusual for a 9yo to get prostate cancer. :/
Old 09-22-2011, 04:49 PM   #517

Quote:
thank you ladies.

pat...yes, i am in iowa....you are in the eastern side of the state, correct? i am on the west side. about an hour east of council bluffs/omaha. Noah is my son and is 9. yes, very unusual for a 9yo to get prostate cancer. :/
OK, I remember now. I was trying to remember if that was you!

I will keep Noah in my prayers. Hope he is feeling better by this evening now, and they track down why he woke up with the fever.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 04:59 PM   #518
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

thanks, pat...he basically has no immune system right now, so any little bug could have caused his fever. just gotta wait till it starts to rebuild.

i'm not sure if i'll continue JUDDD while in the hospital...i can't decide what to do. i'm thinking i don't really need the added stress of keeping to a UD or DD while in the hospital when i can't make my own food...kwim? i mean i *could* do it...just don't know if i want to right now.
Old 09-22-2011, 05:12 PM   #519

Quote:
thanks, pat...he basically has no immune system right now, so any little bug could have caused his fever. just gotta wait till it starts to rebuild.

i'm not sure if i'll continue JUDDD while in the hospital...i can't decide what to do. i'm thinking i don't really need the added stress of keeping to a UD or DD while in the hospital when i can't make my own food...kwim? i mean i *could* do it...just don't know if i want to right now.
Truthfully, I think you just need to fuel yourself as you can, eat somewhat reasonably of whatever is available, and worry about calorie counting and Up and Down days, as such, once Noah is back home and feeling chipper again. I doubt you'll go far overboard anyway, but not having to worry about *that* too will be one load off your shoulders.

Are you going home tonight, or is this a place where you can stay over in his room?
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 05:18 PM   #520
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

thanks for the support, pat.

i will stay with him till we go home.
Old 09-22-2011, 05:59 PM   #521
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Doggygirl
Stats: 204/183.8/152
WOE: A72
Start Date: This time: 7/23/14
Hi BUDDDS!! Wow this thread is moving at warp speed!!! Just a quick check in for me today - it was a long day at school! I am happy to report a successful close to Day 4 of Fast-5. I'm not going to win any awards for "healthiest food choices" for today, but I didn't stuff myself and I have stayed fasted except for my window and for the first 2 weeks, that is my goal! So there you have it!

I hope everyone is having a fabulous week! Until tomorrow...

DG
Doggygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 07:32 PM   #522
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AmyInTX
Stats: 262/243.2/170
WOE: LC/ then JUDDD
Start Date: start JUDDD on 8/4/12
my prayers are with you, Dazy and Noah..
AmyInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 07:42 PM   #523
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catjrow3
Stats: 240/177/150
WOE: NK - LCHF
Start Date: 05/18/2013 (restart of course)
Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Enjoy that fitness "concert" - sounds like a fun way to work out!! And I loved CO. Which part are you in again? CO Springs? It's all so beautiful!! I love the outdoors and we were having a great time enjoying the cooler weather and beautiful mountains/trees/rivers!! So much fun!!
Nope North... Up in Fort Collins...
catjrow3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 07:42 PM   #524
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AmyInTX
Stats: 262/243.2/170
WOE: LC/ then JUDDD
Start Date: start JUDDD on 8/4/12
oh, one other thing .... i looked at my protein powder that I have on hand, and the cals were 120 for the powder.... thought that to be a bit high and looked at a few at wal mart while i was there this afternoon .... the same, one was 140 and the other 120.

what are the cals in your protein powder? what brand is it? and most importantly is it GOOD

just trying to have more options ... i'm sure like everyone else! hahaha!
AmyInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 09:48 PM   #525
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
dazygyrl! I have you and Noah in my heart and prayers! AND you need to take care of Mama for him so forget JUDDD for now, it will be here when all is well again and he is home and feeling better. I would like to offer you the opportunity to go on a Facebook page I started called "Intentions For Everyday Miracles". It is on the bottom of my signature and it was set up so many, many can pray and help us receive the blessing, healing and intentions we set for ourselves and those we love. Post an intention for Noah to be well and others will align with your intention bringing power to his healing. I will be happy to do this for you if you want. Just let me know and again sending lots of your way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyInTX View Post
oh, one other thing .... i looked at my protein powder that I have on hand, and the cals were 120 for the powder.... thought that to be a bit high and looked at a few at wal mart while i was there this afternoon .... the same, one was 140 and the other 120.

what are the cals in your protein powder? what brand is it? and most importantly is it GOOD

I use Isopure and it's 110 calories. I like it, and I use the unflavored so I can add any flavor I want, sweet or savoy. I have been on the lookout for one lower in calories but so far no luck.

Hello to all I missed and hope you are all having a great night!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”

Last edited by Beeb; 09-22-2011 at 09:51 PM..
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 09:49 PM   #526

Oops!! Double post! See you all tomorrow!!

Last edited by Beeb; 09-22-2011 at 09:51 PM..
Old 09-23-2011, 01:54 AM   #527
Major LCF Poster!

Hi all!
I am excited today, as I am having a rare girly night out, tonight!
We are off to see a musical call Vampires Rock.... all the best rock music with a gothic vampire storyline!
My friends and I are getting dress up- I am going as a vampire bride- see my avi and albums!
It is years since I have did fancy dress, and never at this slim weight. I am SO glad I started juddd 3 weeks ago - my dress fits so much better than when I got it weeks ago, and I feel positive and energetic, not tired and low!
I have booked to get my hair done into ringlets... another rare treat, and will be doing the whole goth makeup. I feel like a child at Xmas today...and just wanted to share!

Hugs
Jo
X

"Eat today for the clothes you want to wear tomorrow!"
Old 09-23-2011, 01:55 AM   #528
Major LCF Poster!

Oh, and it's weigh in day today... a loss would be the icing on this vampire brides cake!
X
Old 09-23-2011, 02:42 AM   #529

Gallery: Cruzcrzy
Stats: 183/136/129-131
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyInTX View Post

I use herbalife and it is 90 calories with water. I have a friend who is a distributor. I was very skeptical that it would be good with water, but, it is! I sometimes add coffee to the cafe latte. She sent me some samples, but, I have been doing the hcg so couldn't give them a try. I finally got to a phase I could about the time I decided to "JUDDD IT". I've placed an order, and am rationing the samples on my DD's. I plan to use them for one or two meals on my DD's. I am sure I will get tired of them and switch over to real food, but, for now I am lazy. I was also looking for something easy after my surgery in November, and this fits the bill.

Carrie, love and prayers to you and Noah.

It's Friday and a DD for me. I will be away from the house alot, and I planned it that way. I have an 11 hair appt. at the local beauty college for a color/highlight/waxing. That will take about 3 hours, but it took the same amount of time at my high priced hairdresser. I've been going to the hair college for months now, and I love it. As luck would have it that use the same name brand color (Goldwell) that my previous hairdresser used! I then have a massage scheduled for 4:15. I am not sure I will get my walk in. I am pretty sore from yesterday's weights. My dh and I did walk last evening. I'm pretty sure I am taking the day off. I will definitely walk tomorrow. I shoot for daily, and that way it ensures me 5-6 days.

Very happy with my weight. So far, so good with maintaining. My UD's have been pretty high so if I decide I want to lose a pound or two I can definitely go down a bit.

The BEACH is my HAPPY PLACE.

Cruzcrzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 02:43 AM   #530
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AnnF
Stats: W:218/172/165 - H:5'9.5" - Age 55
WOE: LC
Start Date: July 28, 2012
Well, the scale is up by a pound after my first DD. I knew this might happen--water weight from the higher carbs. What is everyone's experience with this? When does it normalize and weight loss resume?

Joedi, have FUN tonight!
AnnF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 02:50 AM   #531

Ann,

I can't be much help as I haven't even completed my first week yet. Are you striving to lose or maintain I can't remember? I figure I need to give it a few weeks or so before I can get the full picture. So far, I am very happy with the way this is allowing me to maintain.
Old 09-23-2011, 02:58 AM   #532
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AnnF
Stats: W:218/172/165 - H:5'9.5" - Age 55
WOE: LC
Start Date: July 28, 2012
Marie, I'm trying to lose-- I have about 20 pounds to goal weight.
AnnF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 03:07 AM   #533

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnF View Post
Marie, I'm trying to lose-- I have about 20 pounds to goal weight.
Someone will come along with the answer. Although, my goal is to maintain, I can see where one could lose weight with this, and I may try to lose a few more pounds at some point. Remember, as women, our bodies fluctuate from day to day anyhow. I am amazed out how well my body is tolerating the carbs SO FAR when it was not previously when I was eating low carb.
Old 09-23-2011, 06:10 AM   #534
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: paulabob
Stats: 204/124.6/110 49%/27.4%/20% 5'2"
WOE: Atkins/hHcg/Optimal whatever works
Start Date: restart March '10
Well, hunger struck again - good thing it was an up day. I'm up 1.6 pounds (probably water weight from being out of ketosis). Hopefully ovulation done? I've no idea as I usually get some serious pain and have thankfully not had any this month! So with 3 up days in a row I should be ready for down!

So I'm 3 pounds higher than last Friday and undoubtedly there won't be a loss tomorrow for the week. But I'm okay with it (so I tell myself). Next week I'm sure I'll lose like gangbusters, I usually do.

So doing a DD today. Planning eggs for lunch - they usually do a great job of keeping me full in the afternoon!

Dazy Take care of yourself while you're taking care of Noah. I'm praying for you and the whole family, I know y'all need extra strength during this time. I've also passed your story to my twin, who is an excellent pray-er! I do believe in the power of prayer.

Ann I'm also working on my last 20 pounds!

Joedi Love the pics - you must have had a fabulous time!
2012 lowish Optimal calories, June25th 132.6/124.6/110
paulabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 07:00 AM   #535
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joannew
Stats: 149/142.2/135 (5'4.5", 60 yy)
WOE: 1200 cals
Start Date: 7/27/14
GOOD MORNING JUDDD BUDDS!

I LOVE this WOE! Yesterday was an UD, and I have to admit I was REALLY nervous about eating up to the alloted calores, and didn't quite eat them all, mainly because I wasn't hungry! I ended up at 1208 (1498 allowed). I know I'm not supposed to weigh after a UD, but I couldn't resist and was DOWN .8#!!!
I hope it won't come back to bite me in the butt on my DD because I didn't eat enough on the UD! I didn't wake up ravenous this a.m., so that's a good thing!

I love your pics, Joedi! You make a stunning bride!
to everyone else! Hope you have a great day!
Joannew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 07:13 AM   #536
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by catjrow3 View Post
Nope North... Up in Fort Collins...
Ahh, I know where that is now!! Love it up there, so close to the mountains!! You can fly into that airport from here in AZ for super cheap. That's my plan next time .

Well, today is my third week of JUDDD (weighing officially on Fridays). I did fine on my DD yesterday, used protein shakes to keep me high on protein and low in cals (I use MRM Whey protein powder. It's LC and comes in about 90cals/scoop. Best I've found yet.

And, I'm still up on the scale. No loss after my down day . So, my weight has gone up a net lb or 2 each week the past 3 weeks, putting me well above where I want to maintain . I think there are several culprits. 1. I reintroduced carbs. 2. I'm weight training. 3. I have an untreated thyroid condition that I am working on.

So, I think I may need to drop carbs down again and focus on weight training for a while. I can't seem to do both, as my weight keeps going up. Even w/ DD's. Yesterday I ate lower calories and today my weight is still up. That's not a good sign in my book. Looks like my metabolism isn't responding at all to the type of JUDDDD I am trying.

So, I think my plan is to go back to Atkins/LC for a while and see if I can get back down to my LDW range (153-156) and keep it there while lifting heavy. Should allow me to have enough protein daily to lift whenever, while not gaining weight. We'll see. I'll gradually add carbs back in again, and when I'm truly stable and ready to lose again I will re-visit JUDDD. I really like the idea of it, and love all of you!!

I will keep checking in, but think I'd better go back to straight Atkins for a while until I'm really at a stable weight. I've worked too hard to get down here and don't want to jeopardize it.

Thank you for sharing your experience and encouragement. I'll be back soon when my body is ready to lose some more weight. For now, I'll have to give LC it's due turn.

Last edited by julieboolie; 09-23-2011 at 07:14 AM..
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 08:02 AM   #537
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BonnyLass
Stats: 285/163/135
WOE: low carb/starch blockers when needed
Start Date: 73'low carb 4evr.Never fell for low fat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedi View Post
Oh, and it's weigh in day today... a loss would be the icing on this vampire brides cake!
X
And if it's an UD you can have that cake and eat it too!! Have fun.
BonnyLass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 08:08 AM   #538
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catjrow3
Stats: 240/177/150
WOE: NK - LCHF
Start Date: 05/18/2013 (restart of course)
Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Ahh, I know where that is now!! Love it up there, so close to the mountains!! You can fly into that airport from here in AZ for super cheap. That's my plan next time .

Well, today is my third week of JUDDD (weighing officially on Fridays). I did fine on my DD yesterday, used protein shakes to keep me high on protein and low in cals (I use MRM Whey protein powder. It's LC and comes in about 90cals/scoop. Best I've found yet.

And, I'm still up on the scale. No loss after my down day . So, my weight has gone up a net lb or 2 each week the past 3 weeks, putting me well above where I want to maintain . I think there are several culprits. 1. I reintroduced carbs. 2. I'm weight training. 3. I have an untreated thyroid condition that I am working on.

So, I think I may need to drop carbs down again and focus on weight training for a while. I can't seem to do both, as my weight keeps going up. Even w/ DD's. Yesterday I ate lower calories and today my weight is still up. That's not a good sign in my book. Looks like my metabolism isn't responding at all to the type of JUDDDD I am trying.

So, I think my plan is to go back to Atkins/LC for a while and see if I can get back down to my LDW range (153-156) and keep it there while lifting heavy. Should allow me to have enough protein daily to lift whenever, while not gaining weight. We'll see. I'll gradually add carbs back in again, and when I'm truly stable and ready to lose again I will re-visit JUDDD. I really like the idea of it, and love all of you!!

I will keep checking in, but think I'd better go back to straight Atkins for a while until I'm really at a stable weight. I've worked too hard to get down here and don't want to jeopardize it.

Thank you for sharing your experience and encouragement. I'll be back soon when my body is ready to lose some more weight. For now, I'll have to give LC it's due turn.
Julie, it is gorgeous here. I love Colorado!! As for the JUDDD and weight gain. I found that the second week was a bit hard for me, and I am hoping that this week will be better. I am also doing heavy lifting now and still doing cardio too... but if I bring those carbs down a bit, (not eliminating at all) but not as much, I am not doing the up up up. I found I just needed to eat a little less carbs and a little less calories than it said I should on the JUDDD site. Although if you are more comfortable with Atkins, thats good too!! Just thought I would share in case you find Atkins does not work for you either. Its hard to find the right balance. I have finally gotten back to my low of last week, after going up all week!! I am finally coming down again and this week I hope to keep my carbs in somewhat of a check so that I can continue to enjoy the UDs with some carbs, but not a carb fest. I think TOM did not help me out last week either!! Either way, hope you will keep in touch with us!!
catjrow3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 08:40 AM   #539

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnF View Post
Well, the scale is up by a pound after my first DD. I knew this might happen--water weight from the higher carbs. What is everyone's experience with this? When does it normalize and weight loss resume?

Joedi, have FUN tonight!
OK, here is an example (from my experience at least): I had an UD on Wednesday, out to dinner with a friend, lots of salty snacks in the evening and probably ate much more than my UD calories. I was up 1.2 pounds from my 141 to 142.2 yesterday (Thursday morning). Did my DD yesterday coming in at 677 calories, which is below my maintenance calories of 825, but I was somewhere all evening where I couldn't eat and didn't get home until after 11 pm. Had some Special K Crackers and a laughing cow cheese and off to bed. Also drank more liquids than I usually do.

Jumped on the scale this morning and I'm down 2 pounds!! SO, I lost the 1.2 pounds of water weight and took off another pound! In other words......DON'T WORRY....it's comes off as I have just proven so if you eat some higher carbs, it's gone when you do a good DD..........oh the beauty of JUDDD!!
Old 09-23-2011, 08:45 AM   #540

GOOD MORNING JUDDD BUDDDs!!! Hope everyone is having a great day so far and you all have a good weekend planned! I am exhausted from my clients last night and didn't sleep very well, BUT I woke up losing my 1.2 gain from Wednesday salt/carb debacle AND added another 1 pound loss on top of that for an all time low weight of......140.2!! And again proving if I don't keep to the top of my maintenance DD calories I continue to lose.

NOT planned but I'll take it because now I have a few pounds I can play with if I eat more than I should on an UD! It's an UD for me and out to dinner with DBF! Going to go to an Italian rest and then to the movies! POPCORN HERE I COME!!

It's so GREAT to see so many new faces and it looks like everyone has got their "plan in hand"! WTG, my fellow JUDDD BUDDDs!! Everyone have the BEST UD or DD!! AND keep posting, I love reading all the new ideas, and interesting things about my JUDDD BUDDDs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzcrzy View Post
Someone will come along with the answer. Although, my goal is to maintain, I can see where one could lose weight with this, and I may try to lose a few more pounds at some point. Remember, as women, our bodies fluctuate from day to day anyhow. I am amazed out how well my body is tolerating the carbs SO FAR when it was not previously when I was eating low carb.
I actually started gaining weight the less carbs I ate! I was before I found JUDDD, as you can see from this thread here: Am I At The Point In My Life/Age Where I Have to Restrict EVERYTHING ?.
It was only when I added in more carbs that my body "woke up" and let me lose the last few pounds I needed to goal. NOW, I am below that goal and have a few pounds to play with.

It's a REALLY good thing, JUDDD!!

Last edited by Beeb; 09-23-2011 at 08:59 AM..