Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2011, 03:57 AM   #481
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AnnF
Stats: W:218/172/165 - H:5'9.5" - Age 55
WOE: LC
Start Date: July 28, 2012
Morning! Yesterday was my first day-- an UD. I ate carbs I had not touched in months and was very worried about what I'd see on the scale this morning. But it isn't too bad-- just up 2 ounces from yesterday to 184.4!

Today is my very first DD and I woke up starving! Psychological response to knowing I'm going to try to stay under 600 calories today? Wish me luck!
AnnF is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-2011, 04:03 AM   #482
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Cruzcrzy
Stats: 183/138/130-135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joannew View Post
Good Morning Judd Budds!
Thanks for the welcome everyone! I think I've finally found "home"!

I finished my DD with 600 calories instead of 500 due to the fact that I miscalculated the calorie counts on a food item. I will adjust my UD calories today to compensate!
-1.2# on the scale!
Hope everyone is doing well and has a joyful Judd day!
That's great. I am so happy for you!! WTG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnF View Post
Morning! Yesterday was my first day-- an UD. I ate carbs I had not touched in months and was very worried about what I'd see on the scale this morning. But it isn't too bad-- just up 2 ounces from yesterday to 184.4!

Today is my very first DD and I woke up starving! Psychological response to knowing I'm going to try to stay under 600 calories today? Wish me luck!
Hi Ann,
good luck. You will do great. I start with my coffee and try to hold off eating as long as possible. Check in and let us know how you are doing
Cruzcrzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 04:07 AM   #483
Senior LCF Member

Marie, I was just wondering if I should have breakfast or hold off! I like your plan-- it means I will have more calories to spend at the end of the day.
Old 09-22-2011, 04:08 AM   #484

All is well with me this morning. My goal is to maintain and so far that is happening. Yesterday was a down day for me, and I was down a few ounces this morning. I am convinced that if yesterday was not a down day for me, I would have a big gain this morning from my restaurant meal on Tuesday evening. I am encouraged with this plan! After I am stabilized on the plan, I MAY try to lose a few pounds, I am not sure.

I am not starving this morning, but, I DO have to eat because I have my fitness class. Today is an up day for me. My last 2 up days have been a bit of a free for all, but, I intend to remain more in control today, lol.

The BEACH is my HAPPY PLACE.

Old 09-22-2011, 04:10 AM   #485

Quote:
Marie, I was just wondering if I should have breakfast or hold off! I like your plan-- it means I will have more calories to spend at the end of the day.
Yes, hold off. The hunger will go away. You can push through it.
Old 09-22-2011, 04:18 AM   #486
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dazygyrl
i was up on the scale again; :/ noah and i ate at buffalo wild wings after his treatment yesterday. i ate 3 breaded mozzarella sticks.

today is a DD. i am just going to eat eggs today. my tummy hasn't really liked lettuce or veggies lately for some reason. will just have 4T HH in my morning coffee and 6 eggs throughout the day. 500 calories.
dazygyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 04:30 AM   #487
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: paulabob
Stats: 204/124.6/110 49%/27.4%/20% 5'2"
WOE: Atkins/hHcg/Optimal whatever works
Start Date: restart March '10
Frustrated! Last night my DD turned into a UD. DH kept eating M&Ms in front of me, eventually it was too much to take and I ate a jar of almonds.

My calories pretty much turned into an UD exactly (weird?!).

So now I'm up .2, I'm .6 higher than last week, and my schedule's off. Guess I will DD today, UP Friday, maybe medium Sat an Up Sun.

That JUDDD Up day calculator is weird. But if you choose an activity level one less than you normally are, it gives the right number (that is, for no activity it gives me my ****** number with light activity). And the ****** number (1750) has worked for me for maintaining in between hcg rounds. If I choose the correct level on JUDDD, it estimates 300 more calories per day than I need!
2012 lowish Optimal calories, June25th 132.6/124.6/110
paulabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 04:31 AM   #488

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazygyrl View Post
i was up on the scale again; :/ noah and i ate at buffalo wild wings after his treatment yesterday. i ate 3 breaded mozzarella sticks.

today is a DD. i am just going to eat eggs today. my tummy hasn't really liked lettuce or veggies lately for some reason. will just have 4T HH in my morning coffee and 6 eggs throughout the day. 500 calories.
Carrie,

I bet you are retaining. I know I am. I tried to go easy on the dill pickles yesterday.
Old 09-22-2011, 07:36 AM   #489
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catjrow3
Stats: 240/177/150
WOE: NK - LCHF
Start Date: 05/18/2013 (restart of course)
Morning ladies...
sounds like our group got a little bigger again!!
AnnF

Cruz, great job on maintaining then, after your "eating out"

Carrie, I agree, probably salt/water retention. Hopefully tomorrow will be better!

Lovelatte and JOanne, great job on the first DDs. Keep up the good work!

As for me, after steadily going up most of the week, I am finally back to 0.6 above my low weight last week, so its moving back in the right direction. I am going to avoid biscuits this weekend for sure! Too many carbs are still the devil for me... but i them!!!! But they dont love me.. And while I will eat them still sometimes, not so much that I cannot lose, as that is still my goal...

Hope all you JUDDD BUDDDs have a great Thursday!!
catjrow3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 08:29 AM   #490
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: paulabob
Stats: 204/124.6/110 49%/27.4%/20% 5'2"
WOE: Atkins/hHcg/Optimal whatever works
Start Date: restart March '10
Well, I've reconsidered and am making today another Up Day. Felt too deprived this morning...didn't want to risk another almond incident tonight. I'll be mentally ready tomorrow for my Down Day!
paulabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 08:32 AM   #491
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catjrow3
Stats: 240/177/150
WOE: NK - LCHF
Start Date: 05/18/2013 (restart of course)
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulabob View Post
Well, I've reconsidered and am making today another Up Day. Felt too deprived this morning...didn't want to risk another almond incident tonight. I'll be mentally ready tomorrow for my Down Day!
Sometimes you just have to listen to save an "attack". Enjoy your UD!!
catjrow3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 08:43 AM   #492

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Frustrated! Last night my DD turned into a UD. DH kept eating M&Ms in front of me, eventually it was too much to take and I ate a jar of almonds.

My calories pretty much turned into an UD exactly (weird?!).

So now I'm up .2, I'm .6 higher than last week, and my schedule's off. Guess I will DD today, UP Friday, maybe medium Sat an Up Sun.

That JUDDD Up day calculator is weird. But if you choose an activity level one less than you normally are, it gives the right number (that is, for no activity it gives me my ****** number with light activity). And the ****** number (1750) has worked for me for maintaining in between hcg rounds. If I choose the correct level on JUDDD, it estimates 300 more calories per day than I need!
Quote:
I'm laughing about the M&M's vs Almonds incident of last night! Rats! Sometimes those things come upon us and overpower us. It's like a tiger leaping onto your back. You knew it was around. You just didn't expect it to attack you! I know you'll do fine with an UD today and then back to your normal rotation.

And YES...!!!... We also think there is something pretty off with the calorie calculator on that JUDDD site. It's been advised, and we continue to pass the advice on, that that calculator gives people a calorie number that is usually.. usually.. too high for them.

I think most of us don't have as good of metabolisms as the regular people, so that means we should scale down our calories right off the bat.

Then, so many of us are VERY overweight when we go to calculate our calorie needs, and if it takes all that extra weight into consideration, it overcalculates our calorie number, based on FAT rather than on mostly basic bone & muscle mass. So we end up being given a calorie number far more suited to a big man than to the little slim *us* inside our larger fatter bodies.

And I do think that many of us also over-calculate our activity level and our exercise intensity. So when we figure that into the equation, that gives us a too-high calorie number too.

It's best to go to three sites or so and then see about what they all are coming up with and go from there, as you say.. ****** or Freedieting sites, etc.

And when all is said and done, if you are holding your Down Day calories where they should be, and also holding your Up Day calories where they should be, and you're not losing weight... time to reassess your Up Day calorie numbers! Yup.

That's probably something for folks to be aware of, in case they're working on a level of calories that's too high for them at the beginning and not losing the pounds they want to get rid of!
Old 09-22-2011, 08:48 AM   #493
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LuvLatte
Stats: 135/141/123 @ 5'3" and 46 yo
WOE: LC on and off. Now whole foods & JUDDD
Start Date: Restart: 9/21/2011 w JUDDD at 145
Good morning everyone!

Woke up hungry this morning. Looking forward to my first UP! Had my usual coffee with splenda and FF HH. Then two hardbroiled eggs.

Today will be unusual because DH has a medical procedure scheduled so I took the day off. Will stick with my fresh fruits and veggies. Tuna and egg also.

I have martial arts classes on Tues, Thurs and Sat. So today being an UD will be good. And I have a hike scheduled this Sat (in lieu of my usual two-hour class). I'm going to do the alternate days (no medium day) through next week and see how I do with classes on a DD.

Have a great day everyone!
LuvLatte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 09:34 AM   #494
Senior LCF Member

Well, I'm doing okay so far. No breakfast-- just de-caf and lots of water (good advice, Marie!). I'm just finishing a salad of spinach, carrots, mushrooms, celery, grape tomatoes and a little tuna with a fat-free dressing. I'm STUFFED and I've only spent about 230 of my calories for the day. I tend to get snacky in the evenings, so we'll see how it goes.
Old 09-22-2011, 09:41 AM   #495

Quote:
Well, I'm doing okay so far. No breakfast-- just de-caf and lots of water (good advice, Marie!). I'm just finishing a salad of spinach, carrots, mushrooms, celery, grape tomatoes and a little tuna with a fat-free dressing. I'm STUFFED and I've only spent about 230 of my calories for the day. I tend to get snacky in the evenings, so we'll see how it goes.
Great job! Dill pickles are low in calorie and help me with hunger too. Watch out they are high in sodium.
Old 09-22-2011, 09:51 AM   #496
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
AFTERNOON JUDDD BUDDDs! DD for me and I need it! Up 1.2 pounds on the scale today but I had lots of salty things yesterday and that ALWAYS causes the scale to jump. Drinking plenty of liquids to help get rid of the salt. With this and a good DD I should be golden again tomorrow!! Hope everyone has a good UD or DD!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyLiz View Post
Well, my LC, IF, and JUDDD combo seem to be working for me so far. After a week, I've lost over 2lbs. Although, I DID eat a little more carbs than I did before the weight still came off!
WTG!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggygirl View Post
WOW this thread has so much AMAZING positive ENERGY!!! WOO HOO!!!!

Welcome Amy(from TX? Hope I got that right!) and also Luv, and HELLO to all the BUDDDS!

Day 3 of Fast 5 was awesome. You all were with me on my walk today helping me decide what to have for dinner! The committee decided on meatloaf with many trimmings and KETCHUP!!!

I hope I continue to feel this good going forward! Can't wait to see what the first 2 weeks bring, and then decide from there about incorporating a little JUDDD in there. Off to read a bit of the book.

Hope everyone had a fabulous day!

DG
I say MEATLOAF, TOO!! With LOTS of ketchup!!

Quote:
Good Morning Judd Budds!
Thanks for the welcome everyone! I think I've finally found "home"!

I finished my DD with 600 calories instead of 500 due to the fact that I miscalculated the calorie counts on a food item. I will adjust my UD calories today to compensate!
-1.2# on the scale!
Hope everyone is doing well and has a joyful Judd day!
WOW!!! WTG!!!! I knew I was "home" on my 2nd DD and haven't left since!

Quote:

Good luck, you will go fine!! Enjoy the day doing other things besides thinking about food and eating! That is what DDs are for!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”

Last edited by Beeb; 09-22-2011 at 10:08 AM..
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 10:06 AM   #497
Senior LCF Member

Ah, Linda, you and Pat are such great supportive inspirations!
Old 09-22-2011, 10:16 AM   #498
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joannew
Stats: 149/142.2/135 (5'4.5", 60 yy)
WOE: 1200 cals
Start Date: 7/27/14
Quote:
They sure are! THANKS, Ladies!
Joannew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 10:22 AM   #499

Quote:
I agree! I am so thankful for their advice and inspiration.
Old 09-22-2011, 11:00 AM   #500
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Well, it's Good Morning here, JUDDD BUDDDS although most of you have been up and going for quite a while.

Today is a DD for me. I played around with ****** yesterday to see how much I could get into a salad. I can eat a lot of veggie things. The carb count was not over the top, either. I had a Cobb salad for lunch yesterday and then lean meat and veggies - no sauce - for dinner. My calorie count for UD is about 1750 calories. I calculated it without exercise as I don't think I burn many calories doing water exercises.

I think I read that you can add some calories on your DD if you burn an extra 100 calories. If you burn 200 calories walking, for example, you can add 200 calories of food. I will have to go back and re-verify that unless someone else read that.

I have the book from the library, but ordered my own copy yesterday along with oat fiber and glucomannan powder.

Off to have my cup of coffee with unsweetened almond milk and Ezsweet. That seems to keep me going for quite a while.
Old 09-22-2011, 11:02 AM   #501
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Quote:

Yes, you two have definitely gotten a lot of people excited about this WOE. i will add a huge thanks, also.
Seabreezes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 12:03 PM   #502
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Quote:
They sure are! THANKS, Ladies!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzcrzy View Post
I agree! I am so thankful for their advice and inspiration.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabreezes View Post
Yes, you two have definitely gotten a lot of people excited about this WOE. i will add a huge thanks, also.
And you all have made me in a great way and have MADE MY DAY! I have been having such "doubtful" days about myself lately and you (angels) come along today and BAM.....I'm feeling so good now! THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!

I ALL YOU JUDDD BUDDDs! AND TOTALLY AGREE ABOUT OUR PAT (SoHappy)! SHE was my inspiration and informant and I would have NEVER jumped into the JUDDD waters without her help and encouragement! We are all so blessed to have her here!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 01:25 PM   #503
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Rachelocity
WOE: Fitbit/My Fitness Pal
Start Date: Every day I'm shuffling
With Pat and Linda as mentors, how can we go wrong? I've never encountered such an awesome support group as my JUDDD BUDDDs, and we're all gonna gain more than we lose, in terms of friendship, insight and possibly even normalcy!

Quote:
I think I read that you can add some calories on your DD if you burn an extra 100 calories. If you burn 200 calories walking, for example, you can add 200 calories of food. I will have to go back and re-verify that unless someone else read that.
This isn't JUDDD but WW talking: The program gives us Activity Points, which end up being 50% of the calories we burn in exercising. This is because of the inexactitude of accurately calculating the # of calories we burn. Unless you are lucky enough to have a Body Bugg, which is highly accurate. So you may want to build in a margin for overestimating. Just my opinion, and YMMV, of course.
Old 09-22-2011, 01:26 PM   #504

Wow, Guys. Thanks, but you JUDDD BUDDDs are the ones doing it. I know we all just want basically the same things.. to find a plan that is easy while it also works, that lets us eat food we believe is healthful and tasty too, that can also allow us a wider range of foods, and the ability to eat like normal people on the special occasions that dot the year and our lives. Since JUDDD allows for all of that and much, much more.. it's little wonder that I remain excited about it.

The success you people are having in losing weight and finding delightful new recipes and foods to include in your menus helps keep me motivated too, so Thanks to all of you JUDDD BUDDDs. You're good for me and my enthusiasm and motivation and commitment.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 02:15 PM   #505
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dazygyrl
apparently i am fasting today. lol. all i have had is coffee with hh and a diet rite.

mama intuition knew as soon as Noah got up something was brewing. he was NOT the same happy kid as he was when he went to bed. and sure enough, by mid-morning his temp started creeping....we have now been sitting in the children's ER for almost 3 hrs. labs are drawn, chest xray done, ua collected. he's on his second iv antibiotic and we are waiting for him to get a room. will probably be here at least 2 days for iv meds. but don't know for sure on length of stay.
dazygyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 02:21 PM   #506

Quote:
apparently i am fasting today. lol. all i have had is coffee with hh and a diet rite.

mama intuition knew as soon as Noah got up something was brewing. he was NOT the same happy kid as he was when he went to bed. and sure enough, by mid-morning his temp started creeping....we have now been sitting in the children's ER for almost 3 hrs. labs are drawn, chest xray done, ua collected. he's on his second iv antibiotic and we are waiting for him to get a room. will probably be here at least 2 days for iv meds. but don't know for sure on length of stay.
Oh, Honey.. I am so sorry! What a thing to have happen. Does your little guy have an ongoing health issue? You seem so really on top of it and very fast to spot something going on that points to trouble and to get him in so fast! And it sounds like it was a darned good thing!

Well, you really are having a fasting day, aren't you!?! I know it won't do us any harm, and will, in fact, usually do us some good, but this isn't quite how you hope to have them.

Hope Noah feels a lot better real soon, and that you eventually get to eat a little bit on your DD.
Old 09-22-2011, 02:32 PM   #507
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/159/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by catjrow3 View Post
Julie, I am hanging in there. Glad you enjoyed your week here. Its even cooler this week than last... I think fall is setting in now! Did you spend much time in the mountains? I have started a new heavy weights lifting program, Chalean Extreme (like P90x) and its kicking my butt a little and I think I am retaining to repair muscles.. but who knows with me.. still up 3.2 from my lowest... but plunging on. DD today and then I have a full day of turbo kick on Sunday at the Denver Coliseum for a Fitness Concert! I am excited for it. Love full days of exercise with big groups of people, mixed with turbo kick!!

Waving hi to Pat and Beeb... and anyone else I missed!!
Enjoy that fitness "concert" - sounds like a fun way to work out!! And I loved CO. Which part are you in again? CO Springs? It's all so beautiful!! I love the outdoors and we were having a great time enjoying the cooler weather and beautiful mountains/trees/rivers!! So much fun!!

Quote:

and I'll be praying. It's not a surprise I'm sure, but such a disappointment . Hope he responds quickly to the antibiot. and you guys won't need to stay there very long. It's a long road, isn't it? So nice that your Heavenly Father is walking it right along w/ you. Never will He leave you or forsake you .

I'm up 2lbs today, which is a bummer. I pushed the cals yesterday and paid the price. I worked out hard too, so I'm not surprised. I'm doing a DD today, trying to keep the protein high and the cals low. I'm wondering if the lower cal days will hurt my strength training? Anyone have an opinion on calorie deficits while weight training? I'm only lifting on UD's and hope it won't hurt my muscle building. Thoughts?
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...l#post17065682
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 02:42 PM   #508

Hi, Julie. Dr. Johnson recommends we don't exercise on Down Days because of the low fuel intake we keep to on those days. However, there is a new movement in weight lifting of *fasted lifting* which is said to burn a lot more FAT than being fueled when you work on your weights, so that is something to consider.

I think in the case of fasting weight lifting and workouts, you do the work, and then you feed yourself. Can't really tell you much about the movement though, just that's it's the new big thing that's supposed to help you burn fat faster.
Old 09-22-2011, 03:13 PM   #509
Senior LCF Member

dazygyrl, hope your little one rallies soon.
Old 09-22-2011, 03:23 PM   #510
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LuvLatte
Stats: 135/141/123 @ 5'3" and 46 yo
WOE: LC on and off. Now whole foods & JUDDD
Start Date: Restart: 9/21/2011 w JUDDD at 145
Dazygyrl: sending positive healing vibes to Noah!!
LuvLatte is offline   Reply With Quote