Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2011, 01:56 PM   #451
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joannew
Stats: 149/142.2/135 (5'4.5", 60 yy)
WOE: 1200 cals
Start Date: 7/27/14
Quote:
What will your Tuesdays be in this rotation? You can always see how this works for you.
Oops...looks like I forgot a day!

Quote:
Have you figured out what your upper calorie ceiling will be?
I am supposed to have 1598 on UD with 320 calorie on DD, so if I up it to 500 on DD, I will have 1418 on UD.

I think that I will just stick to the true JUDD plan (alternating every other day) instead of trying to "tweak" the system which obviously is working so well for everyone!

Thanks, Pat for the welcome and the advice!
Joannew is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2011, 02:04 PM   #452
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Cruzcrzy
Stats: 183/138/130-135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joannew View Post

I am supposed to have 1598 on UD with 320 calorie on DD, so if I up it to 500 on DD, I will have 1418 on UD.

I think that I will just stick to the true JUDD plan (alternating every other day) instead of trying to "tweak" the system which obviously is working so well for everyone!

Joanne,

I figured I would do the every other day for a few weeks maybe a month, and then look at any patterns and tweak from there if it looks like I have some flexibility.
Cruzcrzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 02:05 PM   #453

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:

My New Friend, welcome once again, and I have just one tiny little bit more of a suggestion for you to consider.

Rather than drop your Up Day calories down to 1,418 in an attempt to *make up* for upping your DD calories to 500, why don't you just leave your UD calories at the 1,598 level they are set at.

I truly do believe that this arrangement might do you better in the long run. Part of the happiness of JUDDD is being able to have the high calorie level of Up Days to be able to really treat ourselves to lovely meals, including foods that we haven't felt able to include in our diets for awhile, but the other far more important thing is.. having a nice spread between our calories seems to help stimulate something in us that arouses our metabolic function a bit, revs it up a bit. And, Lord knows that most of us could use a good dose of that!

Not that there isn't a pretty good spread between 500 calories and 1,418 calories.. but I'll bet you will gain about the same level of weight loss if you keep your Up Days where they first came to without dropping them. And that might help your level of satisfaction and joy with JUDDD, while also stimulating your metabolism to function a bit better.

Just a thought for you to consider as you start your JUDDD journey.

Edited to add: You can always drop your UD calories down later if this just won't work for you unless you are at that lower level. But until it's proven that you can't lose otherwise, it's nice to eat at a bit higher Up Day level.

Last edited by SoHappy; 09-21-2011 at 02:06 PM..
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 02:44 PM   #454
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Rather than drop your Up Day calories down to 1,418 in an attempt to *make up* for upping your DD calories to 500, why don't you just leave your UD calories at the 1,598 level they are set at.
I will try that, and see what happens! Thanks again, Pat!

Quote:
Joanne,

I figured I would do the every other day for a few weeks maybe a month, and then look at any patterns and tweak from there if it looks like I have some flexibility.
Great idea..thank you as well, Marie!
Old 09-21-2011, 02:45 PM   #455
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AmyLiz
Stats: pregnant
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: April 3, 2011
Well, my LC, IF, and JUDDD combo seem to be working for me so far. After a week, I've lost over 2lbs. Although, I DID eat a little more carbs than I did before the weight still came off!
AmyLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 02:48 PM   #456

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyLiz View Post
Well, my LC, IF, and JUDDD combo seem to be working for me so far. After a week, I've lost over 2lbs. Although, I DID eat a little more carbs than I did before the weight still came off!
Amy, that is great!!! WTG. I am so happy for you!

Last edited by Cruzcrzy; 09-21-2011 at 03:12 PM..
Old 09-21-2011, 02:50 PM   #457

Quote:

I can't even tell you how delighted I am for you! And to think that you lost those TWO POUNDS in ONE WEEK eating at a somewhat HIGHER CARB LEVEL on only HALF OF THE DAYS OF THE WEEK. And I hope you were feasting on the other half of the days of the week!

OMG! What kind of a plan allows that? JUDDD, you say? YES! Pretty fun!
Old 09-21-2011, 03:04 PM   #458
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LuvLatte
Stats: 135/141/123 @ 5'3" and 46 yo
WOE: LC on and off. Now whole foods & JUDDD
Start Date: Restart: 9/21/2011 w JUDDD at 145
New here...

Hello, everyone!

May I join you? I've been LC'ing on and off for several years, but could never stick with it as I love veggies and fruits, and not much of a meat eater. I would always fall off the LC wagon because I crave fruits...

Anyway, I think menopause is approaching, and recently I went back on bc pills to regulate my system. So the end results is I'm at 145 lbs, the heaviest I've ever been...

So I've been coming here and reading all the plans. Seems like I'm happy with a paleo type eating. Reading about JUDDD and your success has made me think that this just might work for me, as I do tend to naturally cycle my food intake.

I'm going to give it an honest try.
LuvLatte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 03:06 PM   #459
Senior LCF Member

Oh yes, today will be my DD.

So far I've had two cups of coffee with FF half&half for breakfast. Not a breakfast eater.

Lunch was half a bowl of chili from the cafeteria at work (didn't touch the pineapple, apple and peach in my lunch bag... ).
Old 09-21-2011, 03:12 PM   #460

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvLatte View Post
Oh yes, today will be my DD.

So far I've had two cups of coffee with FF half&half for breakfast. Not a breakfast eater.

Lunch was half a bowl of chili from the cafeteria at work (didn't touch the pineapple, apple and peach in my lunch bag... ).
Welcome!!! Our group is growing. It is very exciting.
Today is a down day for me too. I will end up at 505 calories today.
Old 09-21-2011, 03:49 PM   #461

Quote:
Hello, everyone!

May I join you? I've been LC'ing on and off for several years, but could never stick with it as I love veggies and fruits, and not much of a meat eater. I would always fall off the LC wagon because I crave fruits...

Anyway, I think menopause is approaching, and recently I went back on bc pills to regulate my system. So the end results is I'm at 145 lbs, the heaviest I've ever been...

So I've been coming here and reading all the plans. Seems like I'm happy with a paleo type eating. Reading about JUDDD and your success has made me think that this just might work for me, as I do tend to naturally cycle my food intake.

Woot! Another New Friend! Welcome, LuvLatte! It's wonderful to have you join us. If you've already been reading here, you know that we're having a lot of fun and excitement here as we enjoy our way of eating and some fabulous eating at that! All the luscious foods you are accustomed to being able to eat on standard low carb plans, PLUS - if you want to include them - lots of foods you've maybe been missing and pining for. For myself, I love all the veggies and fruits the world has to offer, and... ahem... grains too! So we get to decide how and what we include in our menus, and the alternating calorie levels take care of the weight loss for us.

Glad you're here with us!
Old 09-21-2011, 04:14 PM   #462
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Quote:
Hello!
I have been reading all about the successful weight losses in this thread and was wondering if there is room for one more "JUDD Budd"? (I love that name!)
I did have the book at one time, but am not sure where it is, but everyone here is so helpful and any question I had, has been answered already!

I have 12# to lose to be at my ideal weight and am having a very difficult time losing, probably due to my age (57) and slower metabolism.

I hope that this WOE will "shake my body" up and get it to lose the blubber it so stubbornly refuses to release!

I started today with a DD and plan on sticking to a 500 calories instead of 320 as recommended...I will adjust the UD to reflect the increase!

Also, as weekends seems to be my most difficult time to stay OP, I think I will go with M, W, F as DDs, Thurs. as Medium Day and Sat & Sun. as UD?
If someone else has a better recommendation, I would appreciate their input! Thanks!
Welcome to Juddd...its great to have you join us! I would also recommend you just stick to a simple rotation....find some low cal foods you love, and keep them just for DD's...I do this, and actually look forward to them now, cos I will be having my "treat"!

Keep us posted as to how you get on!

Quote:
2lbs is AWESOME! well done! Isn't it great to realise that carbs arnt quite as scary as we thought...esp whole food ones!

Quote:
Hello, everyone!

Welcome! This forum sure is One of the pleasures of Juddd for me is my fruit and veg...great for DD's too...and for a lot of us, these healthy, fairly low carb, foods seem to keep us full...and help our weight loss!

Cant wait to see how you get on!

"Eat today for the clothes you want to wear tomorrow!"
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 06:17 PM   #463
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catjrow3
Stats: 240/177/150
WOE: NK - LCHF
Start Date: 05/18/2013 (restart of course)
Quote:
Hello, everyone!

Looks like there are lots joining our group! Feel free to jump right in! And Good luck and enjoy!
catjrow3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 07:00 PM   #464
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Doggygirl
Stats: 204/183.8/152
WOE: A72
Start Date: This time: 7/23/14
WOW this thread has so much AMAZING positive ENERGY!!! WOO HOO!!!!

Welcome Amy(from TX? Hope I got that right!) and also Luv, and HELLO to all the BUDDDS!

Day 3 of Fast 5 was awesome. You all were with me on my walk today helping me decide what to have for dinner! The committee decided on meatloaf with many trimmings and KETCHUP!!!

I hope I continue to feel this good going forward! Can't wait to see what the first 2 weeks bring, and then decide from there about incorporating a little JUDDD in there. Off to read a bit of the book.

Hope everyone had a fabulous day!

DG
Doggygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 07:05 PM   #465

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggygirl View Post
WOW this thread has so much AMAZING positive ENERGY!!! WOO HOO!!!!

Welcome Amy(from TX? Hope I got that right!) and also Luv, and HELLO to all the BUDDDS!

Day 3 of Fast 5 was awesome. You all were with me on my walk today helping me decide what to have for dinner! The committee decided on meatloaf with many trimmings and KETCHUP!!!

I hope I continue to feel this good going forward! Can't wait to see what the first 2 weeks bring, and then decide from there about incorporating a little JUDDD in there. Off to read a bit of the book.

Hope everyone had a fabulous day!

DG
Well, any committee I'm a part of... I'm going to vote for meatloaf every time! I have a recipe DH and I love, so he asks for it pretty often, and I'm always happy to make it.

Glad your day went well! Have fun this evening reading your new JUDDD book.
Old 09-21-2011, 08:00 PM   #466
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/237/125
WOE: Modified L/C 11/2014
Start Date: (Juddd 2010-2011)
I wanted to pop in and say to all the new JUDDD BUDDDS!

There are so many ways to JUDDD, If you keep with the original "calorie" counts for DD which I believe is 500, and eat normally on Up Days you should do just fine. Low carb, or WW or whatever plan you use will work with this program. Part of my success (so far) has been to not deny myself anything. In the beginning (I've been JUDDDing religiously since Dec 2010) I did have up days where I went overboard, and DD's are a natural corrector to that. As time goes by I've found myself eating less calories on a "normal" day, not on purpose, it just works out that way. For me, this is not a diet, it's a lifestyle, Knowing that, I've just gone with it, up day, down day, back and forth. It gets easier, I promise. Some people have dropped out of JUDDD because it "triggers" their urge to binge, but I honestly believe when the good food-bad food thing is resolved by the every other day fast, that urge goes away. I wish you all success. I wish I could convert everyone I know who struggles with weight issues, but we all come to these things in our own time. Good luck!!!

Blonde~

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 08:20 PM   #467

It seems to work like that for most.

I think once someone gets into JUDDD, they finally begin to relax about the way they eat, they find they don't have to have compulsions anymore.. nothing is off limits.. they can have anything in the world they want, if not today then in a few more hours when tomorrow comes.

And if they crash and burn, JUDDD simply forgives it and they can dust themselves off and continue on plan. It's not the end of the world.

And it does seem very much that after a bit, those compulsions dissolve away and a person comes to find their appetites and desires seem to have normalized pretty well. Like, I know I'm always going to love chocolate cake so much I could swim in it, but I now don't think I have to dive in every single day.
Old 09-21-2011, 09:03 PM   #468
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AmyInTX
Stats: 262/243.2/170
WOE: LC/ then JUDDD
Start Date: start JUDDD on 8/4/12
Sooo I only made it to 1393 with my calories for the day .... will try for slightly higher my next UD. The calculator on the JUDDD website said something like 2200 cals for my weight .... I'm not sure what to think about that. I was honestly thinking between 1800 and 2000. I guess I will just give my body time and tweek when necessary. Guess that is part of the journey....

I have planned my food for my DD tomorrow. I came in right at 500, then realized I had forgotten to add my Diet Cocoa .... OMG ... that is like a sin its so good!! Sooo I took out my light miracle whip and added in my cocoa! YAY!

My mom is in town for the weekend. I told her about my new way of eating, and she didn't say much .... she was probably just thinking, "wow another crazy way to eat" ... she HATED that I ate soooo much fat on Atkins... blah blah blah.... I'm hoping I can inspire her to try JUDDD while she is here .... she could definitely lose a few pounds herself I will try to check in as much as possible, but if not, have no fear... i will be back!!!

Thanks again for all of the welcomes!!

~AmyinTX
AmyInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 09:38 PM   #469
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: halos
Stats: (275)256/240/140
Start Date: 9/24/2013
Welcome to all the new JUDDDers. This group is certainly growing.

Something unusual happened today. After a DD yesterday with strong cravings all evening, I got up this morning not hungry. Went all day not hungry. Fixed the chicken enchiladas for my group (they turned out yummy)(I used the crockpot recipe from cooks.com)...ate 1.5 servings that came out to about 500 calories. It is 10:30 and I am completely satisfied. I have decided to call today a DD and have a steak and goodies tomorrow for a good UD.

I know I should not hve 2 DD in a row, but maybe this is my bodies way of dealing with the cravings. This has never happened before and probably won't happen again. Strange.
Anyone else experienced this?
Old 09-21-2011, 09:39 PM   #470
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: halos
Stats: (275)256/240/140
Start Date: 9/24/2013
AmyLiz- congrats on the loss.
halos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 09:52 PM   #471
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/237/125
WOE: Modified L/C 11/2014
Start Date: (Juddd 2010-2011)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
It seems to work like that for most.

I think once someone gets into JUDDD, they finally begin to relax about the way they eat, they find they don't have to have compulsions anymore.. nothing is off limits.. they can have anything in the world they want, if not today then in a few more hours when tomorrow comes.

And if they crash and burn, JUDDD simply forgives it and they can dust themselves off and continue on plan. It's not the end of the world.

And it does seem very much that after a bit, those compulsions dissolve away and a person comes to find their appetites and desires seem to have normalized pretty well. Like, I know I'm always going to love chocolate cake so much I could swim in it, but I now don't think I have to dive in every single day.

EXACTLY!!
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 09:55 PM   #472

Quote:
Originally Posted by halos View Post

Something unusual happened today. After a DD yesterday with strong cravings all evening, I got up this morning not hungry. Went all day not hungry. Fixed the chicken enchiladas for my group (they turned out yummy)(I used the crockpot recipe from cooks.com)...ate 1.5 servings that came out to about 500 calories. It is 10:30 and I am completely satisfied. I have decided to call today a DD and have a steak and goodies tomorrow for a good UD.

I know I should not hve 2 DD in a row, but maybe this is my bodies way of dealing with the cravings. This has never happened before and probably won't happen again. Strange.
YES! And we all think it's the strangest thing. After years of having plenty of appetite, to actually find our bodies dealing with its actual need for food, rather than that *something* in us that just eats habitually.. because it's lunchtime or whatever, it's quite puzzling.

I had a wonderful Up Day yesterday, and today didn't have any appetite until suppertime and even now haven't eaten what little was planned for the day.

And there have been Up Days when the real appetite didn't wake up for quite awhile. Not every time, but sometimes.

I think it's the beginnings of having our appetites normalize, beginning to have our bodies learn how to signal some hunger and also learn how to signal the feeling of NOT being hungry when the body currently doesn't want any additional fuel consumed.

I've finally just become used to it and don't question the gift anymore. I just go with it. Just more moderating and normalizing of my appetite, ...gift courtesy of JUDDD.

Last edited by SoHappy; 09-21-2011 at 09:58 PM..
Old 09-21-2011, 09:58 PM   #473
Major LCF Poster!

WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Restart: July 14,2014 Restart
Hey, can I join in too? I just started this past weekend and I think I am doing well. I will weigh in on Sunday for a challenge.
I am doing this LC at this time... I will add more fruit in the future.
I hope this works for me!
Low Carb Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 10:04 PM   #474

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Carb Librarian View Post
Hey, can I join in too? I just started this past weekend and I think I am doing well. I will weigh in on Sunday for a challenge.
Are you kidding me? Of COURSE you can join in! You are so welcome, you won't even believe how much! This is really becoming a big wonderful fun PARTY! Welcome, welcome!

I think most of us do start off doing JUDDD completely low carb, as that is what we're used to, and it helps us ease into the routine, but then individually we decide what we want to add in, sometimes just a rung or two up the carb ladder.. sometimes we add in some special *something* that we had been missing and were hungry for. But we all get to decide how we want to eat and what we want to eat.

Do you know yet what your calorie ceilings will be for your Up Days and your Down Days? If you started last weekend, I expect you have already got it all pretty much under your belt.

Glad to have you join the party!
Old 09-21-2011, 10:16 PM   #475
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Hello!
I have been reading all about the successful weight losses in this thread and was wondering if there is room for one more "JUDD Budd"? (I love that name!)
I did have the book at one time, but am not sure where it is, but everyone here is so helpful and any question I had, has been answered already!

I have 12# to lose to be at my ideal weight and am having a very difficult time losing, probably due to my age (57) and slower metabolism.

I hope that this WOE will "shake my body" up and get it to lose the blubber it so stubbornly refuses to release!

I started today with a DD and plan on sticking to a 500 calories instead of 320 as recommended...I will adjust the UD to reflect the increase!

Also, as weekends seems to be my most difficult time to stay OP, I think I will go with M, W, F as DDs, Thurs. as Medium Day and Sat & Sun. as UD?
If someone else has a better recommendation, I would appreciate their input! Thanks!
!! So glad to have you join us!! ANOTHER JUDDD BUDDD! We are cooking with gas now!!

It sounds like have a great plan and I think your UD/DD rotation should work just fine for you! That is the MAGIC of JUDDD; it can be tweaked to fit YOU and your schedule and the foods you love!! That was my reason for joining when LC was just not cutting it anymore and I was restricting my foods more and more and then starting to gain weight!

FYI......I brought my DD calories up, like you are planning on doing, but I never adjusted the UD calories to reflect that (never even thought to do this ) but I have lost just fine this way. I'm not saying that is what you should do, just what my experience has been and thought I would pass it along.

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 10:18 PM   #476

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Carb Librarian View Post
aboard!!!! Glad to have you as a JUDDD BUDDD and looking forward to reading your posts on how you are JUDDD!!
Old 09-21-2011, 10:24 PM   #477

Quote:
Originally Posted by halos View Post

All the time!! I eat up close to my UDs most times but sometimes I just don't want to. But I will tell you my experience is if I don't eat as I should on an UD then I'm really hungry on my DD the next day. I have learned to eat those UD calories because they keep the hunger monster away!

Last edited by Beeb; 09-21-2011 at 10:30 PM..
Old 09-21-2011, 10:25 PM   #478
Major LCF Poster!

WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Restart: July 14,2014 Restart
Well the calculator on the site said 410/2050. I have been trying out the 500 DD and I really haven't been counting the UD. Of I don't see any downward movement this week I will track my UD'd too. I just hate counting...
I was going to wait for the book before I started... But I ordered it from a library outside of my own and it I'd taking forever to get to me. I should have it by next week.
Low Carb Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 10:51 PM   #479
Senior LCF Member

OK, DD#1 almost done. Came in at 612 calories. Think I'll go to sleep soon instead of snacking... Good night everyone!
Old 09-22-2011, 04:35 AM   #480
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning Judd Budds!
Thanks for the welcome everyone! I think I've finally found "home"!

I finished my DD with 600 calories instead of 500 due to the fact that I miscalculated the calorie counts on a food item. I will adjust my UD calories today to compensate!
-1.2# on the scale!
Hope everyone is doing well and has a joyful Judd day!