Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2011, 04:29 AM   #421
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: paulabob
Stats: 204/124.6/110 49%/27.4%/20% 5'2"
WOE: Atkins/hHcg/Optimal whatever works
Start Date: restart March '10
Wow, busy group!

I'm up 1.4 after my UD yesterday. I'm thinking I went far over calories - 2140 instead of around 1700 is what I aimed for. Got really snacky after supper.

Hopefully will be right off... I don't like being 132!
paulabob is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2011, 05:07 AM   #422
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Cruzcrzy
Stats: 183/136/129-131
Overall, I am pleased with JUDDD so far. I was up today, but, I expected it. Yesterday was an UP day and we went out to eat. Since starting JUDDD we've gone out both UD's. This is unusual for us, and I need to stop it, lol. I was way down yesterday after my DD the previous day. I am up this morning, BUT, it is very comparable to what I typically weigh while maintaining. It is well under my hhcg LDW. I AM tracking my calories on Fit Day. I haven't tried to input my restaurant calories yet, so I can't tell you what yesterday was, but, it was high. I woke up with a headache and I think it stems from the bread and sugar(dessert) I had last evening. Looking forward to my DD today .

The BEACH is my HAPPY PLACE.

Cruzcrzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 05:12 AM   #423

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
I'm a daily weigh-in fancier too. The fluctuations never really bother me. They just motivate me to do a good job and have a good day.

If my weight is down, I feel like I've been doing a good job and it encourages me to continue!

And if my weight is up, it encourages me to really hold my calories tightly to my limits and do a real good job so that I'll be back down shortly.

Either way, it's a way I motivate myself each morning. It works for me.
So far, this is how weighing daily is working for me. I am changing my stats daily for two weeks, but, will go to weekly after that. I am sort of the guinea pig for my hcg group in the Playground so that is why I am doing it this way. When I started hhcg end of May, I got in the habit of recording my daily weight on my home calendar and still do.
Old 09-21-2011, 06:47 AM   #424

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Seabreezes!!! You found a recipe for the s/f angel food cake. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I will add a couple of the required ingredients to my grocery list for this Friday. Hope to bake this soon to be used as a DD treat. I'll freeze in portions and hide them from DH.

dazygyrl, the scale being up after a Down Day has happened to me before too. I can never figure it out. But I never worry about it. I just know that if I'm not going over on my calories on either day, I'll end up shrinking, so whatever day my body want to do that for me is OK with me. Sooner rather than later is preferred, but I can be patient. (Do you think it could be any regained water weight from adding back foods at a higher carb level than you're used to?)
Old 09-21-2011, 07:03 AM   #425
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dazygyrl
thanks, pat....i haven't eaten any carbs yet. just an apple which i have always eaten. i am waiting another week or more before trying "real" carbs.
dazygyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 07:09 AM   #426
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AnnF
Stats: W:218/172/165 - H:5'9.5" - Age 55
WOE: LC
Start Date: July 28, 2012
Hi all,

I've been following you all and JUDD (and beeb's progress!) for about 4 weeks now and thinking I ought to give it a try. Every time I try to move up a rung on the Atkins ladder I gain weight and have to go back to induction level foods and under 20 net carbs per day. I simply cannot imagine being stuck with strict induction for the rest of my life-- it's just too depressing to consider. So I am hoping that the JUDD WOE might work for me.

I think my biggest fear is adding carbs back to my diet. VLC has really worked for me and even though the idea of staying that way is what got me here and thinking about JUDD, I may need some coaching to take that plunge.

According to the JUDD site calculator my up days should be at about 1750 calories. I'm thinking of trying to stay at or below 600 for down days (just pretty sure I can't manage 500). I'm trying to decide if I should make today a DD or wait until tomorrow. I've already had an egg cream at 190 calories today, so that's a lot of my total gone. Decisions, decisions!
AnnF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 07:21 AM   #427
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Hi Ann!
Welcome to Juddd!
I would start tomorrow....spend today eating to your UD cals...it will cushion you a bit for your DD tomorrow.
Spend today looking through our juddd recipes, perhaps make yourself some low cal veg soup...get in some salad veg, and somelow cal supplies, things youprobably wont have had on low carb.
Read up about juddd by looking at the threads from previous months, and plan a menu within your calorie allowance.
I have always found preparation to be very helpful on keeping my DD's DD's!
Get yourself prepared and enthusiastic...and your DD will go well!
600 calories sounds fine...I followed Beebs example and started at 700....and worked myself down gently to 500! As I found out new and filling recipes...thanks Ouizoid!....and as my body got used to eating less, I naturally brought my calories down.
Good luck for tomorrow...make sure you let us know how you got on!
Hugs
Jo
x

"Eat today for the clothes you want to wear tomorrow!"
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 07:36 AM   #428

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggygirl View Post
..........Today is day 3 of Fast 5..........I tracked my calories "after the fact" yesterday..........About 1400 calories..........if my appetite keeps me in that range, I may or may not need DDs.

I also just got the JUDDD book. I MUST focus on homework today but want to get started reading that soon. Who knows where I will end up after that read, right? I'm looking forward to hearing more about the science.

I love being in the I DON'T HAVE TO EAT BREAKFAST ANY MORE club..........

Good Morning, Doggygirl. It's fun to see you so delighted and also excited about dieting! And I agree with you. It is pretty darned fun to watch a scale dial go down, down, down, and to go into the shops and browse the little sizes, knowing that those cute things can be in our closets sooner or later. I even like the very smell of those little sizes!

I think the 5-hour eating window of Fast 5 can really help a person eat less during the course of the day if they respect that window and don't munch at any other hours. It does just sort of naturally limit the amount of food you'll consume. There's just enough time for an opening meal as the window opens, and then another meal close to those *five hours later* minutes before the window closes again.

I did try (IF) Intermittent Fasting, of which Fast 5 is one of the plans, about a year ago, but this is the problem I ran into. (And I'm relating this only in case it might be something that affects you in a similar way...)

It wasn't hard to do at all, because I have little appetite most mornings anyway, so waiting to eat until later in the day wasn't difficult at all. I used a six-hour window rather than a 5-hour one, but probably little difference there as to how effective it was.

The thing I ran into was that as the days went on, I seemed to be eating in a range of calories that was fairly consistent. There wasn't enough variation in the calorie numbers from day to day. I seemed to come in at about the 1,250 or 1,380, or 1,400 or 1,500 calories-per-day numbers, day after day after day.

It ended up - for me - being a plan that I could lose weight on initially, because of holding the calories down into the range of those numbers, but the danger of that to me is that it invariable makes my metabolism slow down to match the amount of calories I eat. That eventually happens every single time I ever have dieted by bringing my calories down and then dieting at that level over a period of time. I initially lose weight. My metabolism slows down to that level. And then when I'm happy with some weight loss.. BAM! I'm stuck at that calorie level because that's where my metabolism is set now. If I want to go back to eating a bit more, I gain weight back.

I know everybody always says, *Well, of you go off your diet, you'll gain the weight back again... Duh!*.......... But I didn't want to have to stay on at a *diet* level and have to only eat at that low calorie level for the rest of my life! I wanted my old faster metabolism back. And I'd managed to slow it down even more than it had been running at before I cut my calories back... by eating at a pretty low calorie level and holding it there for a little extended period.

That's a major reason why JUDDD has been so wonderful for me. The great spread between low calories on DDs and high calories on UDs has finally helped my metabolism recover somewhat.

Anyway, glad you have your JUDDD book, and let us know what you think. In the meantime, I wish you nothing but the very, very best results of your Fast 5 eating plan, and maybe you can at least consider doing it in a somewhat JUDDD-ish manner. LOL

Last edited by SoHappy; 09-21-2011 at 07:38 AM..
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 07:47 AM   #429
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for the warm welcome, Joedi! I have definitely been browsing threads here in the JUDD forum for several weeks, so I'm familiar with how it works. I'm excited to get started! I think you're right-- start the DD tomorrow. Now all I have to do is plan the day out!
Old 09-21-2011, 08:02 AM   #430
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Doggygirl
Stats: 204/183.2/152
WOE: In Limbo
Start Date: Each day is a new day to start fresh.
Welcome Ann!!! I can sure relate to how you feel with reading these JUDDD threads and all of it making so much sense!!! I'm new here too and as you can probably see, winding my way through the IF/ADF information and experience to find what will ultimately be "my" plan. This is such an awesome group for support!

Hello Jo and everyone else!!!

Pat, I really appreciate you and everyone sharing your experiences. It helps me know what I might run into down the road, and what ideas are out there to make changes and keep my plan working for me. You confirmed one of the things I was wondering about....is calorie restriction alone enough (if a way is found to do it comfortably without the Rebellion Response (RR, LOL), or will there be added benefit to changing it up? Your experience suggests that changing it up might be a logical next step for me too.

I suspect more and more that I will ultimately end up on some combo of F5 and JUDDD. Funny how I intuitively knew that the ONLY way DDs would work for me would be to hold off until as late in the day as possible to eat. Once I start eating, it's game on and it's a battle. I have really always been that way without noticing or thinking about it.

Day 3 is going fine! I am getting ready to start homework. The last 2 days, I really started getting distractingly hungry around 1. So I figured that was the perfect time to lace up my walking shoes! That is my plan for today as well - excercise as my "last event" before the window opens.

Marie - I think I've gone about 5 miles or roughly that the last couple of days. It feels so good in this cooler weather! I thought of you and just want to thank you for reminding me about the benefits of walking (just by mentioning that you do it!)

OK - back to the books!

DG
Doggygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 08:06 AM   #431
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/161.6/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Quote:
Hey, Julie! Glad you're back with us. Being up only 2 pounds after a trip is great. Sometimes I'm up 2 pounds, and I've just sat around home!

Good luck with your weigh-in in the morning. If the whole 2 pounds isn't gone in the morning, I bet it won't take long.

Glad you're back.
Thanks!! It's nice to feel welcomed! you do a lovely job of keeping this thread going and personalized! I am back down 1lb today, and only 1lb up from where I expect to maintain. So I'll eat a clean homemade day today and planning another DD tomorrow. Gonna' try for a high protein day (shakes to supplement) and see how that goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeb View Post
BACK!! We missed you and I'm so hoping JUDDD will give you a good week so you will stay with us!! LOVE your new avatar picture!!

Pat,
can't wait to hear what happens with you!! It IS exciting!! I wish you could find the coco pop cakes and SF Angel Food! What a treat that was tonight and something I normally would not buy because I like to make baked things myself. I am on the hunt for a SF Angel Food Cake recipe and if I can find one LCal I'll try it and post the results/recipe if it turns out good!
Thanks!! I had a great trip in CO last week and my heart is still in the cool mountains and lovely creeks and waterfalls. I live in the desert and although I love it, my heart prefers babbling brooks and waterfalls. Sigh. You're doin great!! Love the inspiration you bring and all your ideas. Thank you!!

DG-your fast 5 plan sounds intriguing. Please keep us posted. I love learning from my fellow guinea pigs !

Cat-how're you doing?

Dazy-I have a 2nd day effect sometimes, so maybe that's why you're up after you DD? Hope for a general downward trend for you too.

Cruz-you're doing well!! So nice to see you here .

Today's an UD I'm gonna' push the protein this week and see where I land. I will do a DD tomorrow and hope to be back in my "window" by Friday. Feel good overall. Really need to get back to the gym but never like to go at night, which is the only time I seem to have available. I need to make myself go and get a good workout in. The ones at home are ok but not as tough.

Have a great day all!!
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 08:11 AM   #432

Back to report that I did take my walk. I did my full route. I am sore from yesterday, but, I figure now is no time to be slacking especially after my dinner last evening, lol. I've only had coffee this morning. I am trying to wait until noon to have my protein shake. I'm home today, but, will be gone a large part of the day on Friday, my next DD. I planned it that way.

Ann, welcome to JUDDD. I think you are wise to start tomorrow since you already consumed 190 calories. Starting tomorrow is setting yourself up for success!!

I really appreciate all the veterans sharing their experiences with us newbies.
It's also nice to see some familiar faces here from the hcg diet forum.
Old 09-21-2011, 08:51 AM   #433
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: LC..My "Don't Have To Think Because It's Simple"!
MORNING FELLOW JUDDD BUDDDs!! Everyone sounds so good, doing what is working for them! It makes my !!

Well, I'm down to 141 pounds! Didn't try to do this, but I haven't been eating up to my DD calories and this DOES make a difference for me in maintaining my weight. I'm not with this, actually kinda because it gives me some pounds to play around with.

FYI....I also have gained on the mornings after a DD and lost on the mornings after a UD. Don't really know why but it has not happened often and a loss is a loss no matter what day, right?!

Bonnylass
(she posted on my Daugher/Approval thread), I'm thinking of you, and sending you lots of healing light. You do sound wonderful, and I can tell you got it all going on and under control and THAT is a great thing!

Ann and hope you love JUDDD as much as we do!! Glad I was an inspiration to you to try this WOE and I agree; start tomorrow, get prepared today and it will make your first DD SO much easier. AND they get easier and easier as the days go on, believe me! DDs are a snap now for me and I'm 99% of the time never hungry!! this!!

I just all the newbies we have here (and the oldies, too ) and what they are bringing to our forum! It's so nice to see more and more trying JUDDD! If I could, EVERYONE would try JUDDD just for 2 weeks! Boy, would this forum be if that happened!!

UD for me and out to dinner with a friend (I eat out a lot! ). Everyone have a great UD or DD!!

(Can you tell I the new smileys!)

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 09:02 AM   #434

Paula, I think your 2,140 calorie day with a snacky evening sounds delicious and delightful.. and I'll bet that little 1.4 pound uptick shown on the scale will disappear as quickly as it showed up.

Hope you enjoyed your wonderful Up Day meals. You've worked to get where you are, and I think doing JUDDD can now help keep you fairly level in maintenance while you get to enjoy the dining rewards of your previous hard work.

Marie, I laughed when I read that you've gone out to eat for both of your Up Days so far. It's just so freeing to know that you can enjoy that delight and still be on a diet plan. LOLOLOL So, you're up a little on the scale this morning after the Up Day... that will drop back off easily enough, and you know exactly how to make it happen. A good DD today, perhaps a reasonable UD tomorrow, and WAH LA.... You're back down again! Yay!

P.S. I record my morning weight on my calendar daily too. I also use ******, but like being able to see it all at a glance on my little calendar right at my elbow.

Welcome, AnnF... I'm so glad you're joining us here. I know truthfully, it can be almost paralyzing to think about adding carbs back into your diet, but that was exactly what Dr. Atkins intended us to be able to do, and what almost everyone hopes to be able to do someday. I mean, we all want to get slim, and then we want to be able to eat... about anything... and remain slim. LOL

JUDDD can help you accomplish that. Of course, there is that little *water weight* regain that is going to be a slight side effect of adding the carbs back in, but you can do that gradually, and your Down Days will help to keep you pretty steady weight-wise, as you acclimate to some carbs back in your diet once again.

And you are completely free to decide at what carb level you want to do JUDDD. Most of us start out at a fairly low carb level and then gradually add in a bit more and a bit more. That way we don't seem to notice much of any adverse response to a bit higher carb level.

Good luck here! Hope you love it as much as we do. It really does have a lot of amazing health benefits beside just aiding with weight loss.

And if it were me, I'd start with my first DD tomorrow and just relax today.

Glad you're with us!
Old 09-21-2011, 09:26 AM   #435
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for the welcome, Doggygirl and Cruzcrzy!

Beeb, you really were the inspiration!

SoHappy, I'm excited about starting! I totally agree that adding carbs back in is what Atkins intended-- my issue is that my age and menopause seem to conspire against me. So I'm very happy about the prospect of a WOE that allows me to do so! I'm actually allowing myself to have a piece of toast with lunch today-- something I have not eaten in ages!

I guess I need to do some shopping for DDs! I haven't had yogurt or cottage cheese or almond milk in my fridge in forever!
Old 09-21-2011, 10:01 AM   #436

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnF View Post
Thanks for the welcome, Doggygirl and Cruzcrzy!

Beeb, you really were the inspiration!

SoHappy, I'm excited about starting! I totally agree that adding carbs back in is what Atkins intended-- my issue is that my age and menopause seem to conspire against me. So I'm very happy about the prospect of a WOE that allows me to do so! I'm actually allowing myself to have a piece of toast with lunch today-- something I have not eaten in ages!

I guess I need to do some shopping for DDs! I haven't had yogurt or cottage cheese or almond milk in my fridge in forever!
glad I could do this ^^^^!!!!

And enjoy your shopping trip! I went for things I hadn't eaten in ages too, my first shopping trip and even though it took forever I had a ball and enjoyed every minute of it. I was like a kid in the candy store and needed to go slow so I wouldn't over buy or pick up the "junky" stuff I use to eat before LCing/JUDDD. It takes time to wrap your brain around the "I can now have" concept without going back to old, terrible food choices. This is where LC came in handy for me. I still wanted to eat real, healthy food so I just stuck to real, healthy food, but some that were now higher in carbs, like veggies and some grains; rice, bulgar wheat, quinoa, to name a few. I eat bread, real bead, that I make myself on my UDs and low calorie bread I found that has whole grains, and NO HFCS! Looking for this kind of bread was an adventure, let me tell you! I found the Arnold light bread and the ingredients are right up there with the way I like to eat. AND 40 cals a slice is very doable on a DD for me!

I could go on and on, but I will spare you and again to the JUDDD thread and best wishes for a happy journey!!
Old 09-21-2011, 10:15 AM   #437

Quote:
..........And enjoy your shopping trip! I went for things I hadn't eaten in ages too, my first shopping trip and even though it took forever I had a ball and enjoyed every minute of it. I was like a kid in the candy store and needed to go slow so I wouldn't over buy or pick up the "junky" stuff I use to eat before LCing/JUDDD. It takes time to wrap your brain around the "I can now have" concept without going back to old, terrible food choices. This is where LC came in handy for me. I still wanted to eat real, healthy food so I just stuck to real, healthy food, but some that were now higher in carbs, like veggies and some grains; rice, bulgar wheat, quinoa, to name a few. I eat bread, real bead, that I make myself on my UDs and low calorie bread I found that has whole grains, and NO HFCS! Looking for this kind of bread was an adventure, let me tell you! I found the Arnold light bread and the ingredients are right up there with the way I like to eat. AND 40 cals a slice is very doable on a DD for me!..........
I think this ^ ^ ^ is such a very, very, very important point it bears repeating! You have really hit the nail on the head about how to go about adding carbs back into your diet in such a way that you can still enjoy them, and yet not go back to including the crap in your diet that might have been a part of your eating previously, and largely responsible for a good part of your weight gain in the first place.

Junk is still junk. Crap is still crap. Empty calories are still empty. And this stuff is still worthless. And still on the grocery store shelves. So choosing what you will bring back to enjoy in your fuller and more rounded diet and menu plans is important.

(And sometimes we even get to eat the occasional bit of absolute junk crap food, but it's not any smarter to do so now than it's ever been.) A word to the wise.....

Glad you pointed this out, Linda.
Old 09-21-2011, 10:15 AM   #438
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AmyInTX
Stats: 262/243.2/170
WOE: LC/ then JUDDD
Start Date: start JUDDD on 8/4/12
ok ... i'm jumping in here!!

Long story short ... I have been overweight my entire life. in 2003, I found LC .... for one reason or another i quit .... then started again .... then quit. ... then started .... then quit .... SIGH! do i need to continue?!? LOL! I would come here often ... never really posting, more lurking, and saw how HAPPY you all were in this part of the forum. I took it upon myself to do a little research on JUDDD and figured, what the heck ... what do i have to lose?!

yesterday was my first DD ... was a bit tough, but very much doable. Today is my UD ... and now I am finding it hard to reach my calorie 'goal'!! LOL!! I'm sure before the day is over, I will find that I can get closer than I think.

Just wanted to introduce myself to you all and I look forward to sharing this life long experience with all of you!!!

~Amy
AmyInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 10:27 AM   #439

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyInTX View Post
ok ... i'm jumping in here!!

Long story short ... I have been overweight my entire life. in 2003, I found LC .... for one reason or another i quit .... then started again .... then quit. ... then started .... then quit .... SIGH! do i need to continue?!? LOL! I would come here often ... never really posting, more lurking, and saw how HAPPY you all were in this part of the forum. I took it upon myself to do a little research on JUDDD and figured, what the heck ... what do i have to lose?!

yesterday was my first DD ... was a bit tough, but very much doable. Today is my UD ... and now I am finding it hard to reach my calorie 'goal'!! LOL!! I'm sure before the day is over, I will find that I can get closer than I think.

Just wanted to introduce myself to you all and I look forward to sharing this life long experience with all of you!!!

~Amy
Yay, Amy! So glad you found us, and that you've decided to join us here! And you're right, this is a happy place. And an exciting place. And a place where we are usually pretty successful in not just losing weight, but in losing it while only having to be on a diet half of our days! Woo Hoo!

Post with us often and feel free to share your calorie levels, your foods and your menu choices, and all your successes and any problems you have along the way. We all encourage each other, and are motivated by each other. Glad you're with us!

Old 09-21-2011, 10:38 AM   #440

Welcome Amy!! We hope to hear from you often
Old 09-21-2011, 10:45 AM   #441

AMY!!! So glad to have you with us and hope you find JUDDD a perfect fit like lots of us are finding!!

LC is a great WOE but I too found it a tough go after awhile. I just wanted to eat stuff I "couldn't" have and now I can!! Not the junky stuff, but the good carbs, as I call them, like lots of veggies, brown rice, homemade breads, etc.

Your LC lessons will do you well on JUDDD, and for so many of us it's those lessons that help to make our JUDDD journey a wholesome and healthy one!

Post often, we love to hear about others experiences, journey and triumphs!!
Old 09-21-2011, 11:03 AM   #442
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catjrow3
Stats: 240/177/150
WOE: NK - LCHF
Start Date: 05/18/2013 (restart of course)
Welcome Amy and Ann, busy since I checked in this morning! You will love it on this forum with Pat and Beeb to cheer you and lead in the right direction. They have most all the answers!!

Cruz, great job so far!!

Julie, I am hanging in there. Glad you enjoyed your week here. Its even cooler this week than last... I think fall is setting in now! Did you spend much time in the mountains? I have started a new heavy weights lifting program, Chalean Extreme (like P90x) and its kicking my butt a little and I think I am retaining to repair muscles.. but who knows with me.. still up 3.2 from my lowest... but plunging on. DD today and then I have a full day of turbo kick on Sunday at the Denver Coliseum for a Fitness Concert! I am excited for it. Love full days of exercise with big groups of people, mixed with turbo kick!!

Waving hi to Pat and Beeb... and anyone else I missed!!
catjrow3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 11:04 AM   #443
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: Low Carb ala JUDDD
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Quote:
Seabreezes!!! You found a recipe for the s/f angel food cake. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
After I sent the recipe I found the site where I had seen it originally. It is Birgit's Daily Bytes. You will have to Google it. Some great recipes there. I don't think I can link it. I was looking at the book Wheat Belly and got into some gluten free sites. I love angel food cake, too. By the time I found the site LCF was down for maintenance and I couldn't get back in.

I have decided to give this a try. I wound up with 2 down days as a luncheon I had scheduled is for today and not tomorrow as I thought. We eat out a lot so will have to do some juggling to get UD's and DD's organized. I found it very interesting. I didn't get hungry yesterday so didn't have much until dinner. I then ate some of the meat I made for hubby and a lot of veggies. About an hour later I was starving. I almost wished I hadn't eaten any dinner!!

I will still watch my carbs, but I have been having a bit more fruit and find that a treat. My hubby and I have been doing low carb for so long that I have a very hard time getting my head around the fact that I might be able to eat anything I wanted - up to a point! We will see how it goes. I do think it makes a lot of sense, though.

Happy Juddding - whether up or down.

Hugs to ALL
Old 09-21-2011, 11:37 AM   #444

Seabreezes I can't wait to hear about the SF Angel Food Cake Recipe!! It sounds great and low cal, too with only 1/2 cup oat flour! Thanks also for the site suggestion with the recipe!

Please let us know how it turns out!! And glad to have you on board and looking into JUDDD!

I JUST LOVE JUDDD and we NEVER can have enough JUDDD BUDDDs!
Old 09-21-2011, 12:00 PM   #445
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AmyInTX
Stats: 262/243.2/170
WOE: LC/ then JUDDD
Start Date: start JUDDD on 8/4/12
thanks for the warm welcome everyone!!!!

has anyone tried Joseph's flat bread with flax and oat fiber?? i just made the most awesome wrap with turkey, pickles, red onion, and lettuce ... oh and a little light miracle whip ... for 220 cals!!! woowho! and it was pretty LC too
AmyInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 12:20 PM   #446
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Joannew
Stats: 149/138.2/128 (5'4.5", 60 yy)
WOE: M/E (mostly)
Start Date: 4/1/14
Hello!
I have been reading all about the successful weight losses in this thread and was wondering if there is room for one more "JUDD Budd"? (I love that name!)
I did have the book at one time, but am not sure where it is, but everyone here is so helpful and any question I had, has been answered already!

I have 12# to lose to be at my ideal weight and am having a very difficult time losing, probably due to my age (57) and slower metabolism.

I hope that this WOE will "shake my body" up and get it to lose the blubber it so stubbornly refuses to release!

I started today with a DD and plan on sticking to a 500 calories instead of 320 as recommended...I will adjust the UD to reflect the increase!

Also, as weekends seems to be my most difficult time to stay OP, I think I will go with M, W, F as DDs, Thurs. as Medium Day and Sat & Sun. as UD?
If someone else has a better recommendation, I would appreciate their input! Thanks!
Joannew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 12:25 PM   #447

Quote:
Originally Posted by catjrow3 View Post
..........You will love it on this forum with Pat and Beeb to cheer you and lead in the right direction. They have most all the answers!!..........
Thanks for the nod, Cathy, but truthfully, I can only offer suggestions based on what I've read, what I've observed over my many decades of life, *wink*, and the experiences of those I've observed, and myself...

Of course we're all different, but certain basic things mostly affect most of us in mostly the same ways. It's usually not until we get to the fine tuning stage where we seem to find a few differences in our responses.

I've read a lot of the calorie restriction studies which have been going on for years and have really found them to be quite interesting and even amazing. But I only offer thoughts for consideration and tell what I do, how I do it, etc. We all get to follow JUDDD as we want to. And we can always adopt another strategy if what we're doing doesn't work quite as well as we'd hoped it would.

I'm watching your torturous physical exercise regimen with interest. That's the area I really am a slackard in.
Old 09-21-2011, 12:26 PM   #448
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
glad I could do this ^^^^!!!!

And enjoy your shopping trip! I went for things I hadn't eaten in ages too, my first shopping trip and even though it took forever I had a ball and enjoyed every minute of it. I was like a kid in the candy store and needed to go slow so I wouldn't over buy or pick up the "junky" stuff I use to eat before LCing/JUDDD. It takes time to wrap your brain around the "I can now have" concept without going back to old, terrible food choices. This is where LC came in handy for me...
I'm just thrilled to reintroduce yogurt, cottage cheese and almond milk! I suppose I'll also get back to healthy whole grains, too. I adore quinoa and farro and can't wait to make some of my favorite recipes with them again. But I'll be taking it slowly...

Cathy, thanks for the welcome! I'm glad to be here!

Last edited by AnnF; 09-21-2011 at 12:28 PM..
Old 09-21-2011, 12:31 PM   #449
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Hi Amy & Ann F!...and a warm welcome to Juddd!

Hope you will love it as much as we do! Eat like a queen every other day...enjoy light tasty food on the other days...and lose weight doing it...whats not to love?

I am a relative newbie...lured here by the ever persuasive Beeb...but already it looks like juddd is the woe for me!

I started Atkins in March this year, and although I really beleive that low carb is the way to go, I am now thinking it was just TOO low...and probably TOO high cals as well, for me..who only had a few lbs to lose. Also, at under 20 carbs, I felt tired, weak and a bit "low" I spent a fortune on vitamins, to no avail. I also didnt lose more than the initial water weight

Well, 3 weeks in on Juddd, and I feel miles better....more energetic, more positive, and I have started losing again...a lb or so a week...fine with me!

I have upped my carbs to between 40-70 a day...this happened gradually...mostly through eating lots of my beloved veggies, which i had really been missing....at the moment I adore mexican cauli rice...yum!

I have also rediscovered my love of cooking...Kevinpa's cakes, cookis and pizzas, plus Lindas casseroles and side dishes for my UD's (family are LOVING them!)

And on my DD's...delicious homemade soups and stir frys, made with shiritaki noodles...huge, spicy salads...and, for my sweet, snacky tooth....Ouizoids Low Cal Low carb DD OMM...and a host of different gluc puddings and shakes! Just check out the Juddd recipe thread!

I get no cravings on juddd...because, if I want something...I can have it....its only a day away, on my UD...this stops any food obsessions, and also any desperate binges!

Looking forward to hearing how you get on..post regularly...it is what kept me going when I started...pay careful attention to any posts by Beeb or Sohappy..they are a mine of information!

hugs
Jo
x

Last edited by Joedi; 09-21-2011 at 12:32 PM..
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 12:43 PM   #450

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joannew View Post
Hello!
I have been reading all about the successful weight losses in this thread and was wondering if there is room for one more "JUDD Budd"? (I love that name!)
I did have the book at one time, but am not sure where it is, but everyone here is so helpful and any question I had, has been answered already!

I have 12# to lose to be at my ideal weight and am having a very difficult time losing, probably due to my age (57) and slower metabolism.

I hope that this WOE will "shake my body" up and get it to lose the blubber it so stubbornly refuses to release!

I started today with a DD and plan on sticking to a 500 calories instead of 320 as recommended...I will adjust the UD to reflect the increase!

Also, as weekends seems to be my most difficult time to stay OP, I think I will go with M, W, F as DDs, Thurs. as Medium Day and Sat & Sun. as UD?
If someone else has a better recommendation, I would appreciate their input! Thanks!

Woo Hoo! Another JUDDD BUDDD. Joannew, welcome!

I stick to 500 calories for my Down Days too. Occasionally I'm lower, only because I just don't get around to eating everything that was planned for the day. What calorie level will you be eating at on your Up Days? Have you figured out what your upper calorie ceiling will be?

You stated this as your thoughts for your UD/DD eating schedule:

"..........Also, as weekends seems to be my most difficult time to stay OP, I think I will go with M, W, F as DDs, Thurs. as Medium Day and Sat & Sun. as UD?.........."

What will your Tuesdays be in this rotation? You can always see how this works for you.

The only comments I have would be the difficulty of having a Wed DD, Thurs MD, and then back to another DD on Friday. That's three days in a row of few calories, even though a MD ups the cals a bit. That may be no problem for you to manage at all. And then having your two weekend days both as back-to-back UDs will be nice, just not quite the true JUDDD Alternate Day diet plan.

But I've experimented with a little variance to the alternate rhythm of my days, and while I think a straight alternation of days works the most smoothly, and probably gives the best results as to weight loss, you will never know about this plan unless you try it. Certainly when you are just getting started, anything that helps you stick to your plan is welcome, even if your plan for alternating your UD/DD schedule differs somewhat from plan.

I always call us the Guinea Pigs when we venture into doing JUDDD a bit differently than the plan is set out, so you'll have to give us the reports as to how it works for you! Good luck, and happy JUDDDing! I'm so happy that you have joined us. This is a vibrant and exciting Forum here at LCF, and lots of encouraging and supportive people. Welcome!