Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2011, 08:37 AM   #391
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dazygyrl
thank you cathy. so what do i bring with me to eat for lunch and will have for supper?? CHICKEN!! LOL...but it's white and dark meat mixed that dh smoked for me so it's at least TASTY chicken.

my down day will look like this:

coffee with a total of 4T reg HH
2 whole eggs and a half an apple for breakfast
2oz smoked chicken and other half of apple for lunch...will maybe have the chicken on a bunch of lettuce if i can find some at the store.
supper will be another big salad with 2 more ounces of smoked chicken.

pickles as needed. lol.
diet pop as desired.

calories for what i listed above is 508.
dazygyrl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-2011, 08:53 AM   #392
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: halos
Stats: (275)256/240/140
Start Date: 9/24/2013
Good Morning JUDDD BUDDDS

Making chicken enchilada "(crock pot style) for my group tomorrow, so I have the chicken breast simmering. I put extra water in the pot so I should have plenty of nice chicken broth for my DD today.

If I don't have to try to eat up to the high number on the JUDDD site I will do fine. I think it was 2200. I might occasionally get that high, but usually my high days are arround 1200-1500 if I just eat to hunger.

I have eaten thing during the last week that I haven't had in a long time. As a result of those indulgences I am pooting 'like a big dog'. My my my....I forgot how bad the gas was when I was eating all the carby junk. Back to lower carb for the sake of my dear husband who has to live in the same house with me...LOL.

Marie- good luck with the weight training. I desperately need to start some kind of exercise.

Have a great on plan day everyone.
Old 09-20-2011, 01:29 PM   #393
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by halos View Post
Good Morning JUDDD BUDDDS

Making chicken enchilada "(crock pot style) for my group tomorrow, so I have the chicken breast simmering. I put extra water in the pot so I should have plenty of nice chicken broth for my DD today.

If I don't have to try to eat up to the high number on the JUDDD site I will do fine. I think it was 2200. I might occasionally get that high, but usually my high days are arround 1200-1500 if I just eat to hunger.

I have eaten thing during the last week that I haven't had in a long time. As a result of those indulgences I am pooting 'like a big dog'. My my my....I forgot how bad the gas was when I was eating all the carby junk. Back to lower carb for the sake of my dear husband who has to live in the same house with me...LOL.

Marie- good luck with the weight training. I desperately need to start some kind of exercise.

Have a great on plan day everyone.
The point of eating or trying to eat up to your UD calories is how you will get the best result from JUDDD. The formula is such that when you eat low calories on one day and then eat much higher calories, usually 3 times as many calories, it shocks your body and starts the SIRT1 gene, or the "skinny gene, into gear to kick start our metabolism again. In JUDDD's case, less on your UDs is not necessarily "more" or the best thing. I want to suggest you try it the way it's suggested and see what happens. I lost the best when I kept my UDs and DDs as they were suggested.

Just my opinion and experiences that I hope will help! PS....would love the crock pot chicken enchilada recipe!! Maybe you can put it on the JUDDD recipe thread for you?

GOOD AFTERNOON, JUDDD BUDDDs
..........Hope everyone is doing well today!! I am back on "track" with my schedule for U and D days, plus now I realized today that Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve are both going to be UDs for me!! I'm happy it turned out this way, but the nice thing, again, about JUDDD is I could have thrown a middle day in these weeks to make the holiday days UDs anyway!

OMG......I JUDDD!!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”

Last edited by Beeb; 09-20-2011 at 01:34 PM..
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 03:30 PM   #394
Senior LCF Member

Beeb- The enchiladas are not 'diet'. I just googled crock pot chicken enchiladas. There are lots of recipies. All are pretty similar. I am making it for my Wednesday group. I try to feed 20 for $20.

Wound up making a chicken salad wrap today, but still ended up at 525 calories, so not too bad.
halos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 03:59 PM   #395

Quote:
Beeb- The enchiladas are not 'diet'. I just googled crock pot chicken enchiladas. There are lots of recipies. All are pretty similar. I am making it for my Wednesday group. I try to feed 20 for $20.

Wound up making a chicken salad wrap today, but still ended up at 525 calories, so not too bad.
Sounds like you are having a great DD! I will check out the google recipe, it just sounds !! Thanks!!
Old 09-20-2011, 04:13 PM   #396
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: JoLi
Stats: 196/191.5/160
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 8/19/14
No weight loss for me this week. I have done some hard core workouts though. I also didn't do as great of my eating as I have the first two weeks. Hopefully this next week will be better.
JoLi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 04:19 PM   #397

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoLi View Post
No weight loss for me this week. I have done some hard core workouts though. I also didn't do as great of my eating as I have the first two weeks. Hopefully this next week will be better.
Sometimes our bodies just need to catch up with the past lose! I'm sure next week will be a great one for you!
Old 09-20-2011, 04:25 PM   #398
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
lol @ linda! Working out in advance what thanksgiving and christmas will be in advance...this is JUST the kind of thing I would do.

I am going to work out christmas and hogmanay, to see what they will be for me!

Oh...and I LOVE the term Juddd buddd! Its so cute!
We could have t-shirts made with it on...and have fun watching people trying to work out what on earth the letters JUDDD could stand for!

hugs
Jo
x
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 04:33 PM   #399

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedi View Post
lol @ linda! Working out in advance what thanksgiving and christmas will be in advance...this is JUST the kind of thing I would do.

I am going to work out christmas and hogmanay, to see what they will be for me!

Oh...and I LOVE the term Juddd buddd! Its so cute!
We could have t-shirts made with it on...and have fun watching people trying to work out what on earth the letters JUDDD could stand for!

hugs
Jo
x
I the way you think!!
Old 09-20-2011, 05:18 PM   #400
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Doggygirl
Stats: 204/191.8/152
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: This time: 12/17/14
Hi everyone! Oh my - so much to catch up on since yesterday morning!

Special get well wishes to Bonnylass.

Congratulations to Halo on 2 lb loss, and also to anyone else who is moving in the right direction there!

EW - I was glad to see your post as I have been reading about Fast-5 and read the e-book yesterday (when I was supposed to be studying for my midterm!!!). I noticed you are combining Fast 5 and JUDDD and I am thinking along those lines too.

I had an AHA moment when i was reading the e-book. I had some eating and weight issues as a teen and into my early twenties. Once I graduated from college and started working, I never consciously dieted but what I ended up doing was very much like Fast 5. I never ate breakfast, rarely ate lunch (and if I did, that would mean less eating at night) and mainly ate in the evening. I didn't diet - I just ate what I wanted. And my life focus was NOT on food. I spent my twenties and thirties at a very normal weight. I only fluctuated by 10 pounds max. And that would be when I would start a sport and be more active. When I stopped, the 10 would come back but that's all.

In my 40's is when I really started gaining and that's then the battle began. I never could quite figure out what changed since I hadn't really "dieted" during all those years of being an OK weight. (I always thought I should lose some - now I wish I would have just appreciated it!!!).

So...My jaw dropped reading Fast 5 and realizing that's pretty much how I used to eat all the time.

So...I feel compelled to give Fast 5 a try. I'm planning to do it "by the book" and see where I am after 2 weeks. If I am not losing by then (they say NOT to expect a loss in the first two weeks) I may consider doing something like what EW is doing.

Calorie management (restriction) makes sense to me. IF / ADF options give us different structures for calorie management. I hope you guys are open to me still posting as I figure this whole thing out.

I was able to fast from 8PM until 3PM the next day without a problem yesterday and today. I was mighty hungry by 3, but that was OK too.

I'm so glad you all are here to talk to and learn from and bounce ideas with.

DG
Doggygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 06:18 PM   #401
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Cruzcrzy, Marie.. you did it! You made it through your first DD, and a 485 calorie one at that! Congrats. And I think you are right about the previous hhcg experience being a help. When somebody isn't used to doing fasts or cutting their calories down much, that seems to be harder to do, but it's remarkable how fast we get used to it and have no troubles with it. You're doing really well. And, congratulations on the weight loss already!!! Woo Hoo!

Hope your weight training class was fun today. Are you going to be walking three miles on the same days you also do weight training?

dazygryl, sounds like your plan of doing DDs of 25-30% of your UD calories will be good. I'm going to be looking forward to reading about your weight loss, as I'm sure it is going to be a result of your plan.

And I really liked the looks of your Down Day menu for today. Especially the smoked chicken. That sounds fabulous!

Paula, sounds like you really experienced the downturn of metabolism, like I did. I'm so glad your hcg experience brought you absolutely great weight loss, and I'm awfully happy to have you here on the JUDDD Board to help us with your experiences. Anybody who's gone the hcg route has walked through the fires.

Congrats on being down 1.2 of your 2.6 weekend gain. It's melting right back off! LOL

E.W... Did you have a good Down Day? You said cabbage soup, and some other veggies... do you have any particularly good soup recipe we need to know about? Hummmmm? LOL If so, hope you'll post it in our Recipe Thread.

catjrow3, Cathy.. I sure hope you aren't fretting too much about still being up that 3.8 pounds from your lowest. I'll bet it is certainly not fat gain, and is only some water retention from starting the weights, and also maybe a bit of water gain from adding back more carbs in your diet. That's sort of the down side of adding more carbs back in, but it was a tradeoff I was more than willing to make. Much more willing to make. I absolutely LOVE the foods I get to eat now, and have no problem with whatever water is holding my *carb fuel* in me these days!

I expect you'll settle in and then lose back down to whatever weight goal and size you have in mind for yourself. And, with the weight training, you're going to look absolutely fabulous too!

halos, Sally.. I love the sound of an enchilada chicken meal. I'm going to look up recipes for that and see what it might involve. DH isn't as keen on Mexican dishes, but I can usually adapt recipes a bit and please him, and then add a little something else to my serving and it perks it up a bit for me.

I cracked up to read that you had been enjoying some foods that you hadn't been able to enjoy in ages, but that you had been *pooting like a big dog*. Ummm..... maybe you'll need to sort of ease into the bit higher carb level, for the sake of your DH! LOL Sounds like you're doing great though.

OK, time to post this and then continue reading all the rest of the posts on this thread. Gosh, you guys are prolific here!
Old 09-20-2011, 06:56 PM   #402

JoLi, Hi. I expect a good part of why you didn't lose anything this week is from the workouts you have been doing. You said they're pretty *hard core*, and I know that can really make a difference in water retention in our muscles, etc. But doing your exercise program is going to more than pay off, I'm sure of that! You're going to look fabulous! There is nothing lovelier than a beautifully toned body. But just weight loss doesn't produce it. (Sadly for me! LOL)

Plus, if you haven't been keeping as close to your calorie ceilings, especially those DD numbers, that can matter too.

But truthfully, some weeks are just like that. Ya' do the week well and at the end of the seven days you end up with no loss. Nothing. What the heck is that all about? And then maybe the next week you get a little whoosh, so who knows what the heck happens! LOL

Joedi, I had to go look up what Hogmanay was. I've never heard the term before. But then I find out it is just New Year's Eve! LOL

And I love the idea of JUDDD BUDDD tee-shirts too. Wouldn't that be a hoot? Ha!

beeb, Linda! You've sure been doing a great JUDDD job with your meals and your weight management! I'm so glad your daughter approves too. LOL It makes it a bit nicer if we don't have to have our families looking askance at us over our eating choices.

Doggygirl, I so identify exactly with your story of how you ate just naturally when you were in your twenties and thirties and maintained a very normal weight without much thought. I was like that too. I was another one who never ate breakfast. Not until somebody sold me that bill of crap about it being the most important meal of the day, etc. etc. etc.... but it sure wasn't anything that helped me any.

There are certainly JUDDD followers who eat in the timeline manner of Fast 5, so I would be interested in hearing about that if you decide to do any of our JUDDD-style calorie cycling along with your Fast 5 *eating window* style of eating. You won't be alone in doing it that way, that's for sure. A lot of us postpone eating until the latter part of the afternoon on our Down Days simply because sometimes that first little meal seems to start the hunger pangs. Ha! I usually post a *breakfast*, but most often I don't eat it until midday, which pushes lunch back to a late afternoon snack. LOL

And definitely keep posting here with us! I'll be unhappy of you disappear.

And speaking of disappearing... PenguinPower... Where are you? I miss you, Donna! Hope you're busy having fun though. Hugs!

Last edited by SoHappy; 09-20-2011 at 06:58 PM..
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 07:08 PM   #403

Gallery: Cruzcrzy
Stats: 183/138/130-135
Hi Pat,

my weight training class was just OKAY. I was the youngest one in the class(48), and I was the WEAKEST. To be honest, I was shocked. I really thought I was going into this class strong, and I was so wrong. I will spare you the details, lol. I'm going to stick with it even though I don't want to, lol. It's only 8 sessions. I did not walk this moring, but, my dh and I took a shorter walk this evening. We went out to dinner and I did not do so well. I was hoping the walk would help with damage control. We'll see. Fortunately, we don't dine out very often. I am going to give JUDDD a fair try and I am encouraged.

Hello to JoLi, Linda, Joedi, DG,Sally, Carrie, Paula, E.W, Cathy and all the JUDDD gals. It will take me awhile to get to know everyone! Please forgive me if I missed anyone as it is not intentional.

The BEACH is my HAPPY PLACE.

Cruzcrzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 07:17 PM   #404
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

whelp! my first DD ended at 525 calories...i had a bit extra protein for supper. and it was no different to me that hcg. totally doable. i was telling dh that i do great, mentally, all day with low calorie, it's the supper time/evening time that the munchies strike. i don't give in to the munchies, but i don't like them. but that's how it's always been for me.

UD tomorrow!
Old 09-20-2011, 07:24 PM   #405

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzcrzy View Post
my weight training class was just OKAY. I was the youngest one in the class(48), and I was the WEAKEST. To be honest, I was shocked. I really thought I was going into this class strong, and I was so wrong. I will spare you the details, lol. I'm going to stick with it even though I don't want to, lol. It's only 8 sessions. I did not walk this moring, but, my dh and I took a shorter walk this evening. We went out to dinner and I did not do so well. I was hoping the walk would help with damage control. We'll see. Fortunately, we don't dine out very often. I am going to give JUDDD a fair try and I am encouraged.
I had to laugh when I read about your weight training and you finding out that you were the weakest one of the bunch, and they were the older ones! That was much the same thing for me. I joined a small health club that has a lot of elder men and women members. I picked it because it is somewhat more quiet and.. well.. because there were more older folks like me there.

I also found out that I wasn't as strong as I thought I was. Some of those old gals put me to shame. Eye opener for sure! But I did find out that you gain a lot of strength really fast. I think by the fourth week I was so much stronger than I'd started at it amazed even me. You'll really notice a difference too, I expect.

Don't worry about going out to dinner and not doing so well. 'Cause I have to tell you this: If I have to live the rest of my life worrying about what I can order when I go out to eat with my DH, and worrying about whether I'm overdoing the calories there, etc. I'm going to just throw in the towel right now. But, see... I rely on JUDDD to take care of balancing all of that out for me. And it does.

I say it over and over, but it's true. I'm so perfectly willing to do the Down Days in exchange for being able to enjoy the Up Days of almost unlimited dining options and delights.

I hope you had a good meal this evening when you went out with your DH. And going for a little walk with him on a pleasant September evening sounds romantic and sweet.
Old 09-20-2011, 07:27 PM   #406

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazygyrl View Post
whelp! my first DD ended at 525 calories...i had a bit extra protein for supper. and it was no different to me that hcg. totally doable. i was telling dh that i do great, mentally, all day with low calorie, it's the supper time/evening time that the munchies strike. i don't give in to the munchies, but i don't like them. but that's how it's always been for me.

UD tomorrow!
Good job! Don't give into the munchies. (Well, I have to admit that I always like my evening snack, so I have to plan for something later, after supper. LOLOLOL)

Sounds like you're doing JUDDD well. You will be seeing nice things showing up on the scale as your reward! Way to go.
Old 09-20-2011, 07:52 PM   #407

Everyone is just JUDDD! I LOVE reading all the posts and what everyone is doing.

We are all doing JUDDD the way it will work for us, and it's so interesting to see and learn about! I am getting some GREAT ideas from you guys and I'm so to be a part of this JUDDD team!
Old 09-20-2011, 07:53 PM   #408
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

i'm hoping to, Pat.

i can't decide if i should weigh weekly or continue with daily. i have weighed daily for so long, i don't know if i could do it. i don't obsess about it, i just like knowing. i know there will be days the scale may/will go up like you all experience, i just don't know how that will work in my head. or if it would be better to weigh weekly. decisions....
Old 09-20-2011, 07:54 PM   #409

New find today! Sugar Free Angel Food Cake...1/4 of the whole cake, 60 calories! SO, if I cut the cake into 8 pieces instead of 4 I get to have a nice sized piece on my DD for a 30 calorie treat!

Got this at my local Shop Rite and it's from their World Class Bakery.

I it!!
Old 09-20-2011, 08:06 PM   #410

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeb View Post
New find today! Sugar Free Angel Food Cake...1/4 of the whole cake, 60 calories! SO, if I cut the cake into 8 pieces instead of 4 I get to have a nice sized piece on my DD for a 30 calorie treat!

Got this at my local Shop Rite and it's from their World Class Bakery.

I it!!
Man! You are so lucky! Between you finding the coco pops and now s/f angel food cake, you have *carby* treats for Down Days that really can fit into the calorie limits. And they're tasty for Up Day treats too. Lucky you. I can't find anything here except the various rice cakes. Different flavors offered, but definitely not coco pop thing-ys.

I'm just about ready to mix up my sugar free vanilla instant pudding with almond milk in a few minutes. That's my dessert and evening snack today. Huge calorie day, and I'm anxious to see any results over the next two or three days. Will I gain? Lose anything? Continue to maintain? It's so exciting.
Old 09-20-2011, 08:09 PM   #411

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazygyrl View Post
i'm hoping to, Pat.

i can't decide if i should weigh weekly or continue with daily. i have weighed daily for so long, i don't know if i could do it. i don't obsess about it, i just like knowing. i know there will be days the scale may/will go up like you all experience, i just don't know how that will work in my head. or if it would be better to weigh weekly. decisions....
I'm a daily weigh-in fancier too. The fluctuations never really bother me. They just motivate me to do a good job and have a good day.

If my weight is down, I feel like I've been doing a good job and it encourages me to continue!

And if my weight is up, it encourages me to really hold my calories tightly to my limits and do a real good job so that I'll be back down shortly.

Either way, it's a way I motivate myself each morning. It works for me.
Old 09-20-2011, 08:17 PM   #412
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/23%BF/20%BF Size 26/6-8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Hey JUDDDers!! You're all going strong!! I'm home from CO and settling back in to "normal" life. I am up 2lbs from my weight before my trip, and that's with 3 DD's (CD's in hcg lingo). But I am happily adding in carbs on my UD's and hope to drop these 2 lbs quickly. I did an all chicken DD today. That hopefully will drop this 2lbs back off tomorrow.

I'm planning to do JUDDD through the next week and see where I am. I am still hopeful this WOE will work for me and help me to maintain or even lose a bit. Like experimenting .

Thanks for sharing what's working and not working for you guys. I'm learning a lot from your experience.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...l#post17065682
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 08:23 PM   #413

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Hey JUDDDers!! You're all going strong!! I'm home from CO and settling back in to "normal" life. I am up 2lbs from my weight before my trip, and that's with 3 DD's (CD's in hcg lingo). But I am happily adding in carbs on my UD's and hope to drop these 2 lbs quickly. I did an all chicken DD today. That hopefully will drop this 2lbs back off tomorrow.

I'm planning to do JUDDD through the next week and see where I am. I am still hopeful this WOE will work for me and help me to maintain or even lose a bit. Like experimenting .

Thanks for sharing what's working and not working for you guys. I'm learning a lot from your experience.
Hey, Julie! Glad you're back with us. Being up only 2 pounds after a trip is great. Sometimes I'm up 2 pounds, and I've just sat around home!

Good luck with your weigh-in in the morning. If the whole 2 pounds isn't gone in the morning, I bet it won't take long.

Glad you're back.
Old 09-20-2011, 09:10 PM   #414
Senior LCF Member

Dazy- I weigh every morning just to keep track, but only change my stats with my 'official' Monday morning weigh-in. If you are comfotable with the ups and downs of daily weighing, no reason not to....if it drives you insane only weigh once a week or even once a month.

JoLi- when I was JUDDDing before I would sometimes go several weeks without a loss and then drop several pounds all at once. I seemed to always wind up with 4 pounds a month...one a week or all at once.

Pat- I don't know how you keep up with answering every post.

Have a restful night JUDDers.
halos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 09:17 PM   #415

Quote:
..........Pat- I don't know how you keep up with answering every post..........
I'm afraid I don't, but I don't want anyone to feel overlooked or left out here.

Mostly I just have the computer sitting in a spot where I can pop in and update the screen pretty regularly and then I go back to whatever I've been doing elsewhere. I'm sort of like those folks who keep the TV going, even when they aren't watching a program, but it's just the noise that keeps them company. I just keep my computer running, in case there is a discussion going on that I want to keep up with, or somebody posts here on the JUDDD Forum and I want to respond to them.
Old 09-20-2011, 09:42 PM   #416

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post

BACK!! We missed you and I'm so hoping JUDDD will give you a good week so you will stay with us!! LOVE your new avatar picture!!

Pat,
can't wait to hear what happens with you!! It IS exciting!! I wish you could find the coco pop cakes and SF Angel Food! What a treat that was tonight and something I normally would not buy because I like to make baked things myself. I am on the hunt for a SF Angel Food Cake recipe and if I can find one LCal I'll try it and post the results/recipe if it turns out good!

Last edited by Beeb; 09-20-2011 at 09:46 PM..
Old 09-21-2011, 02:03 AM   #417
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Will keep my eye out for that recipe, beeb! We need some more good DD recipes!

Hugs
Jo
X
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 02:59 AM   #418
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
I just saw this on a gluten free web site, but now can't find it again to give it credit.

Angel Food Cake, Low Carb

Serves: 16
10 egg whites from extra-large eggs
1/2 tsp. salt
1-1/4 tsp. cream of tartar
1/2 tsp. almond flavoring
1/2 tsp. vanilla flavoring
1/2 cup unflavored or vanilla flavored whey protein
1/2 cup oat flour
1-3/4 cup sucralose-type sweetener, divided

Whiz 1 cup of sweetener in the coffee grinder to make it like confectioners' sugar.

Preheat oven to 375°F. Beat the egg whites and the salt on high speed until just frothy.

Add the cream of tartar and flavorings and beat until soft peaks. Don't over beat; it could make the cake dry and crumbly.

Add the whizzed sweetener, a little at the time and continue beating until well incorporated.

In a separate bowl sift together the remaining sweetener, whey protein, and barley flour. It is best to sift it about 3 times.

Sift about 1/4 of the flour mixture over your egg whites and fold with a spatula, not with an electric mixer! Continue until all the flour mix is well incorporated.

Pour into an ungreased angel food cake pan. Once all the batter is in there shake the pan a LITTLE to settle the dough and release any air bubbles. You could also just "cut" the dough lightly with a knife (don't cut too deep or you will damage your pan!)

Bake for around 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. After taking your pan out of the oven, invert it (upside down) on a plate or the counter top and let it cool this way. Once cooled the cake will come out quite easily.

Nutritional Info Per Serving: 4.7g carbs; with 6g protein per slice.

I haven't tried it yet, but probably will. It certainly sounds great. I don't have a calorie count, though.
Old 09-21-2011, 05:09 AM   #419
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

i was up on the scale after my DD. not really sure how that's possible after only 525 calories and multiple visits from bernice.

UD today. but haven't planned it out as i have to take ds to get his next treatment. so will be gone all afternoon and part of the evening.
Old 09-21-2011, 05:13 AM   #420
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Doggygirl
Stats: 204/191.8/152
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: This time: 12/17/14
Good morning JUDDD BUDDDS!!!

It's so good to know that I am not alone. That is so wonderful!!!!!! I learn so much from reading what everyone is doing.

Today is day 3 of Fast 5. I really should start a written journal either in Word or on paper to track how I'm feeling energy wise, hunger wise, etc. I love the freedom of planning whatever meals/snacks I want to (within reason of course) within my window. I may eventually decide manage carbs or whatever, but after so many years of feeling deprived and then rebellion eating, it is just nice to consider al possibilities, and not be doing that in a context of rebellion or "going off my diet."

I tracked my calories "after the fact" yesterday, just to understand where my appetite led me during my 'window.' About 1400 calories. That included everything from a WW or DD style "breakfast' at 3PM of egg white veggie scramble and LC lite toast, WITH KETCHUP , to peanut butter off the spoon (and one spoon full is never enough ) before closing my window.

I'm thinking that if my appetite keeps me in that range, I may or may not need DDs. Or I may not need 3-4 of them per week. We will see. For now, I'm just going to keep going and see where the path leads me!!! I do want to keep posting with you guys if that's OK because 1) we are all doing some form of IF/ADF and 2) I truly believe DDs are going to have a place with me eventually.

And...you guys are AWESOME!!!

I also just got the JUDDD book. I MUST focus on homework today but want to get started reading that soon. Who knows where I will end up after that read, right? I'm looking forward to hearing more about the science.

I love being in the I DON'T HAVE TO EAT BREAKFAST ANY MORE club.

Have a great day one and all! Congratulations on your scale and non-scale victories!

DG
Doggygirl is offline   Reply With Quote