Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2011, 04:22 AM   #331
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: paulabob
Stats: 204/124.6/110 49%/27.4%/20% 5'2"
WOE: Atkins/hHcg/Optimal whatever works
Start Date: restart March '10
Well, down another pound after an up day. I know this is going to slow down radically since the water weight is almost gone - but I'm thrilled. I've lost 5.4 of my 5.6 weekend gain - after only two down days and two ups. Generally on regular hcg, it takes me anywhere between 3 and 6 days of dieting to get rid of the loading weight gain. I'm almost there with only "half" the effort!
paulabob is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-2011, 06:06 AM   #332
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Good Morning! I'll be doing a DD today, and am still busy, busy getting everything accomplished around here this week. DH has gone for a workout at his gym, I'm slack at going to my health club lately, but exercise at home so maybe it's not too bad. I'll pick up my sister and get shopping done later. I'm sorting through some old jewelry, taking a couple of pieces of gold to see if it's worth all that much. I'll sell if the price seems good. Have any of you sold any gold odds and ends, and did you think it was worth it?

Everybody seems to be doing well.
Old 09-16-2011, 07:18 AM   #333
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catjrow3
Stats: 240/177/150
WOE: NK - LCHF
Start Date: 05/18/2013 (restart of course)
Morning ladies!

Great job Paula, seems like things are clicking for you, yeah!!

Pat, I have never done the selling of gold, so let us know how it goes. I see the commercials and such for it, but never have. Mind, I have limited jewelry... never have been much of a jewelry girl. and currently my wedding bands dont fit either or my engagement ring. I need to have them resized down and Just put it off so I could get to goal first and then do it so have not worn them in a while. I should just resize them and then resize again as needed huh??

Enjoy your DD... today is an UD for me... or maybe a MD.. not feeling all that swell yet this morning, but maybe it will "burn off" LOL

Have a great Friday everyone!
catjrow3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 07:37 AM   #334
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
WTG Paula!!

Pat, I have sold gold and right now it is worth the selling, the prices are great. I would suggest you go to a couple of places for comparing the prices. Some are just there to rip you off, and comparing helps you to see who is giving you the right and best price. I went to one guy and then another and the first guy was going to give me half the amount that the gold was worth compared to the second one!

Well, I'm down in weight again, .5 pounds. NOT wanting to be down, but yesterday's DD was a day one of those "I'm just not hungry" days. I'm hungry today though, so I guess it will all even out, weight wise.

Everyone of you happy losers/maintainers have a great UD or DD today!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 08:58 AM   #335
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/current ?/125
WOE: Vegetarian Moderate Carb~9/2014
Start Date: (Juddd 2010-2011)
And JUDDD is the only WOE I have ever been on that food is NOT the major part of my day anymore. I never thought that would happen, but happen it has! It seems this WOE has a way of doing this for people!

This is such a true statement! When you take away the forbidden food factor, at least every other day, food loses it's Magic and simply becomes a tool to survive. After a down day, I'm never very hungry and I fill up faster. I've also learned that certain foods don't make me feel well ans so I avoid those on my own terms. I know now when I'm hungry and when I'm just bored. Another side effect is knowing calorie counts now. I never ever counted calories, to my own detriment, so I do make better choices on my up day, and I don't have to eat everything I think I want because I'll have another up day in a day or two.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html

Last edited by Blonde with a Rose; 09-16-2011 at 08:59 AM..
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 09:32 AM   #336

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
And JUDDD is the only WOE I have ever been on that food is NOT the major part of my day anymore. I never thought that would happen, but happen it has! It seems this WOE has a way of doing this for people!

This is such a true statement! When you take away the forbidden food factor, at least every other day, food loses it's Magic and simply becomes a tool to survive. After a down day, I'm never very hungry and I fill up faster. I've also learned that certain foods don't make me feel well ans so I avoid those on my own terms. I know now when I'm hungry and when I'm just bored. Another side effect is knowing calorie counts now. I never ever counted calories, to my own detriment, so I do make better choices on my up day, and I don't have to eat everything I think I want because I'll have another up day in a day or two.
WISE, WISE WORDS! We should make this a sticky.....thanks Blonde!
Old 09-16-2011, 09:40 AM   #337
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AmyLiz
Stats: pregnant
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: April 3, 2011
DD for me today. Yesterday, I ate spaghetti for dinner (with REAL noodles haha), and I managed to stay under 200 again this morning. Yay! I'm also enjoying the simplicity of this WOE
AmyLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 01:17 PM   #338

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyLiz View Post
DD for me today. Yesterday, I ate spaghetti for dinner (with REAL noodles haha), and I managed to stay under 200 again this morning. Yay! I'm also enjoying the simplicity of this WOE
Old 09-16-2011, 01:25 PM   #339
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Weighed in yesterday, morning after an DD...for the first time since starting juddd...and I was 141.75.

As part of my plan to weigh daily for the next week...got on the scales this morning, after yesterdays UD...to see 140!

Must admit I am a tad puzzled...cos I ate plenty, inc homemade scones! The only thing I can think of was it was the last day of tom...but I thought all my water weight had already gone!

Want to own it...but will wait and see if it is still mine by next week before I change my stats!

I can see that this weighing lark is going to be an unpredicable journey!

Hugs
Jo
x

"Eat today for the clothes you want to wear tomorrow!"
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 03:40 PM   #340

Joedi, in reading the posts it seems lots of us lose weight after an UD for some reason! I know it has happened to me a few times and I was always like

The nicest thing is it usual STUCK!!
Old 09-16-2011, 04:37 PM   #341
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Doggygirl
Stats: 204/183.8/152
WOE: A72
Start Date: This time: 7/23/14
Hello everyone. I have spent the better part of this week reading lots and lots of posts here there and everywhere, and digging through my massive collection (LOL) of diet books, and trying to figure out what to do next.

I have lost over 50 pounds TWICE in the last 8 years on low carb. Both times, I maintained fine for just over a year, and then "exploded" back into carb land. This last go round, I reached goal weight (145 - 150) in November of 2008. It was January/February of 2010 when all hell broke loose.

I couldn't seem to get back on track with LC so gave Weight Watchers a try. It works for me in the short term - buy I just cannot for the life of me stick with it. So between the ups and downs, which have been more ups lately, I find myself at about 170 right now. I'm sick with this regain, that is accelerating of late.

I am getting a lot of hope reading your posts about JUDDD. Over restriction - whether it's carbs or fat or calories - seems to just send me skyrocketing into rebellion mode. I am beginning to believe my hormone systems that drive hunger, etc. are just way more powerful than I am! Constant "dieting" just isn't working.

Will every other day work? (knowing that UDs are still within reasonable limits) I'm hoping maybe this is the answer I've been looking for.

Today has certainly been an up day. Probably two up days all rolled into one. (not sure whether to use the laughing or crying smilie about that!!!) So I'm going to give a shot at a DD tomorrow. I also read the summary on the JUDDD web site. I happen to have 3 Atkins pre-made shakes on hand and that comes in at just under 500 cals. So that's my plan.

I will probably be on here tomorrow afternoon when I get home from a morning volunteer event SCREAMING and CRYING about how hungry I am. Fair warning and all that.

I am truly so sick of the diet roller coaster I could scream. Several of you post with such joy at having found something you can live with for the long term and I so hope it turns out to be my thing too.

Thanks for all your sharing - it is so helpful to people like me coming along wanting to learn more. And obviously you have so much support to offer each other.

Until tomorrow....

DG
Doggygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 06:01 PM   #342
Major LCF Poster!

Hi dg, and welcome!
Soundslike you have your first DD all planned out! The first DD CAN be hard, but just hold on to the thought of your UD the day after!
For me, and many here, drinking our calories wasn't right for us... Though it maybe perfect for you...It is a ymmv type of thing! But, if after your first DD you feel overly hungry, and that you missing the "chew" factor, check out some of the menus in the sticky thread. Personally, I find huge salads and spicy stir frys filling and very low cal, and there are tons of other good suggestions.
I would highly recommend also, on your next UD, prepare a few DD snacks, perhaps a low cal DD muffin, or some gluc pudding, ready for your DD. Dd's are a lot easier when you know what you will be eating!
I really hope juddd works for you... the freedom of eating our fav foods every other day, stops us feeling deprived, and ending ip eating everything in sight!
Can't wait to hear how you got on.. bet you do just fine!
Hugs
Jo
X

Last edited by Joedi; 09-16-2011 at 06:03 PM..
Old 09-16-2011, 06:19 PM   #343
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Maryo
Stats: 220/127/120 5'5", 50+
WOE: Atkins/Primal
Start Date: March 2011 (restart)
Welcome, DG, and we're ready for your screaming and crying tomorrow, although I hope it won't be necessary. The first couple DDs can be tough. Since I had been low carbing and had the appetite suppression thing going on, it wasn't so much the hunger, it was mentally tough. But you get used to it, and knowing it is just one day makes it easier. I expected that on up days I'd be ravenous and really anxious to eat, and that hasn't happened. If anything, my UD appetite has DEcreased. I hope JUDDD works for you and you find it easy to do!!
Maryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 07:02 PM   #344
Blabbermouth!!!

Good luck DG - I'm really happy after my first almost week back on JUDDD. Lots of tea and lean proteins help me get filled on the down days, plus remembering that tomorrow I can eat what I want!
Old 09-17-2011, 02:34 AM   #345
Major LCF Poster!

It's true about the UD appetite decreasing! Sometimes I wish I could swap my DD apppetite with my UD one! Lol!

Hugs
Jo
X
Old 09-17-2011, 04:44 AM   #346
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks for the welcome and suggestions jo, Maryo and Paula! I am already starting my list of a million questions!

Jo, I noticed when reading so many posts other mentions of chewing v. drinking on DDs. I have a feeling that's where I will end up heading. We shall see how it goes and adjust.

Paula, so encouraging that you feel good after a week! Congrats on your progress.

Maryo - I have been WAY off the LC wagon so I will not have appetite suppression working in my favor today.

I'm actually thinking of holding off for my shakes until later. Sometimes eating (well, drinking in todays case) a "little" can set off the desire for more. I have a feeling this might be easier if I keep fasting until later. Anyone have any opinions about meal timing on DDs?

Another question - I'm a morning coffee drinker. Any warnings about coffee on DDs or any days? (please tell me coffee is a wonderful thing and to drink as much of it as I want to! )

I also love the suggestion of making sure to plan my DDs in advance on my UDs. I will take that one to heart!

I'm curious about whether people generally stick to the every other day UD/DD which of course means that Monday will be a DD one week, and a UP the next. Or if people try to work a schedule where a certain day of the week is always a UD or a DD. (I have seen mention of a "medium" day used for certain purposes..)

The reason I'm asking about this is that my schedule is very different on some days - even on weekdays. As an example, on Tuesdays and Thursdays I'm on campus taking classes most of the day, and those would probably be really good DDs. On M, W, F I am in my home office most of the day so would probably make better UDs.

(I am a late in life student - just went back to school this fall to become an Addictions Counselor)

Anyway...first DD is underway. I am determined to make it. I can eat whatever I want tomorrow, and that is what I'm going to think about when hungry.

Thanks again for the welcome and I hope everyone has a great day!

DG
Old 09-17-2011, 06:41 AM   #347

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Good Morning, fellow JUDDDers! This was a very disconbobulated week! Somehow this house has looked a range from immaculate to disheveled, I've been disheveled most every day, the weather has been changeable, I've been in a fibromyalgia flare, and my UDs and my DDs have been terrible! AND, my weight popped up overnight so that this morning I'm higher than the upper limit of my maintenance range!

But, the ISU Cyclones won their game against UConn last night, and DH is a big ISU fan, so he's in such a good mood this morning it's contageous, my pain level is lessening, and although the day is gray, it's not raining. I have the groceries from yesterday finally put away, and I sold old jewelry for gold, to the tune of $490!

Since yesterday's DD turned into an indulgent UD (don't ask.. I'm ashamed), I'll hold today to a mere MD, since we'll be doing the College Football Saturday thing here. LOL Then tomorrow can be a DD, and I'll be back in a decent rotation.

Welcome to new JUDDD devotees! This is the "Have your cake and eat it too" plan. Truthfully, there is something almost magical about JUDDD's ability to regulate a runaway appetite back to a reasonable one, nudge a slowed metabolism back up a few notches so that you burn fuel at a bit faster rate, and it allows you to lose weight while only having to hold to low calories half the time. The other half of your days you are free to eat any foods you desire, and that is such a freeing concept for those of us who are used to having to remain focused and in such desperate control of our eating! It's about as simple as a *diet* can be. No food lists. No forbidden foods. No rounds or steps to adhere to other that the simple Up Day - Down Day rotation of your days. And as the weeks pass, you'll lose weight and gain health and just be free to get on with the pleasure of living your life.

Hope you all have a great day today!

Last edited by SoHappy; 09-17-2011 at 06:43 AM..
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 06:42 AM   #348
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggygirl View Post
I'm curious about whether people generally stick to the every other day UD/DD which of course means that Monday will be a DD one week, and a UP the next.
DG I'm doing MWF with the weekends as both Up Days rather than Up/Medium. Guess we'll have to see how much that bites me in the butt! I'm willing to take it and make it work for my lifestyle... Hoping for a pound a week loss.

Down 1.4 pounds and below last Saturday's weight! Super happy!
Old 09-17-2011, 11:08 AM   #349

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulabob View Post
DG I'm doing MWF with the weekends as both Up Days rather than Up/Medium. Guess we'll have to see how much that bites me in the butt! I'm willing to take it and make it work for my lifestyle... Hoping for a pound a week loss.

Down 1.4 pounds and below last Saturday's weight! Super happy!

WTG!!!

Doggygirl! I KNOW you must have read my posts on how wonderful I think this WOE is! I LOVE this WOE and have done VERY well on it! I find it easy, and actually now look forward to my DDs and less food. I feel amazing and also KNOW that this is my WOE for LIFE!!

I do the every other day rotation so yes, some Mondays are UDs and some are DDs but it's how I started and I am happy this way. The beauty in JUDDD is, like SoHappy (Pat) said, there are NO food restrictions, only what YOU want to restrict in food and carbs and as long as you stick to the JUDDD calorie formula, it works like a miracle!!

DD today and I'm feeling very depressed and stressed today. It's NOT because of the DD, I love my DDs now, that's for sure, but I just can't figure out WHAT is the problem, and I haven't felt this way in so long it just took me by surprise today! Just feeling unloved for some reason.

Enough of Beeb's pity party! Hope all of you guys have a great UD or DD!
Old 09-17-2011, 01:44 PM   #350
Major LCF Poster!

Paula - congrats on your weight loss!!! Thanks for your feedback on how you are rotating your UDs/DDs.

SoHappy - thank you for the welcome. Wow - congrats on the gold sale!! My husband and I rounded up our misc. gold items and sold them several months ago. It sure is a great time to do that!!! It's funny - there are things I always loved about LC and things I also really loved about WW. When LC, I miss fruit and things like that. When WW, I miss full fat things. Wow - could it be there is a way to eat that gives the best of both worlds??????

Beeb - I love your enthusiasm for this WOE and it sure helped convince me that this is worth trying!!! What have I got to lose besides a few pounds? Nothing could be worse (weight wise) than what I am doing currently, right?

DD1 is going OK so far. I have fasted so far today. I'm hungry now, and rather than shakes I decided to figure out the cals for an egg white and veggie scramble. Some of those WW skills coming back to me. Just cals instead of points! It really is amazing how there really are delicious low cal things out there.

So....I am heading off now to make a 250 cal "linner." Still room for a snack later on.

Thanks for the warm welcome and the support!!

DG
Old 09-17-2011, 02:30 PM   #351

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
I sold old jewelry for gold, to the tune of $490!
Girlfriend, with this ^^^^ kind of "found" cash you can enjoy a great UD soon! WTG, Pat!!
Old 09-17-2011, 02:32 PM   #352

Quote:
Paula - congrats on your weight loss!!! Thanks for your feedback on how you are rotating your UDs/DDs.

SoHappy - thank you for the welcome. Wow - congrats on the gold sale!! My husband and I rounded up our misc. gold items and sold them several months ago. It sure is a great time to do that!!! It's funny - there are things I always loved about LC and things I also really loved about WW. When LC, I miss fruit and things like that. When WW, I miss full fat things. Wow - could it be there is a way to eat that gives the best of both worlds??????

Beeb - I love your enthusiasm for this WOE and it sure helped convince me that this is worth trying!!! What have I got to lose besides a few pounds? Nothing could be worse (weight wise) than what I am doing currently, right?

DD1 is going OK so far. I have fasted so far today. I'm hungry now, and rather than shakes I decided to figure out the cals for an egg white and veggie scramble. Some of those WW skills coming back to me. Just cals instead of points! It really is amazing how there really are delicious low cal things out there.

So....I am heading off now to make a 250 cal "linner." Still room for a snack later on.

Thanks for the warm welcome and the support!!

DG
I found my old WW skills come in handy, too on DDs! Sounds like you are working JUDDD great and I can't wait to see how wonderful (and you will ) do on my FAV WOE!!
Old 09-17-2011, 03:30 PM   #353

Gallery: Cruzcrzy
Stats: 183/136/129-131
Hello ALL -

this is my first time posting on the JUDD forum. I see a few familiar faces from the hcg forum . I've completed 2 rounds of hhcg including P3/P4. I am now in P4, day 8, and my goal weight. My stats are to the left and I update daily. This weight may look a bit high to you, but, I am having cosmetic surgery on Nov. 17. I will be having a tummy tuck/lipo and breast lift. This will probably remove another 8-10 pounds or so. I am now trying to find a WOE to maintain, and keep my weight off permanently. I am hoping to accomplish this BEFORE surgery. I walk 3 miles a day, 5-7 days per week. I strive for 7. I will be starting weight training classes on T/TH next week. Those would definitely be my up days. I feel a little nervous about starting and fear gaining, but, I know those are perfectly normal thoughts.
Posting here is my first step into taking the plunge .

The BEACH is my HAPPY PLACE.

Cruzcrzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 03:34 PM   #354
Major LCF Poster!

Marie, congratulations on reaching your goal weight!!!! That is so fabulous. I can sure relate to that "fear" but it sounds like you understand it and are working a great plan! I too have discovered the joys of walking over this past summer. I am hoping to maybe train to walk a 1/2 marathon next year!!! Good luck with your weight training too!

I am brand new to JUDD so spending lots of time reading the threads. Today is my first DD. Looking forward to getting to know you and everyone on this journey.

DG
Old 09-17-2011, 03:53 PM   #355

Quote:
Marie, congratulations on reaching your goal weight!!!! That is so fabulous. I can sure relate to that "fear" but it sounds like you understand it and are working a great plan! I too have discovered the joys of walking over this past summer. I am hoping to maybe train to walk a 1/2 marathon next year!!! Good luck with your weight training too!

I am brand new to JUDD so spending lots of time reading the threads. Today is my first DD. Looking forward to getting to know you and everyone on this journey.

DG
DG - so nice to meet you. I love the sweet doggy in your avatar. My sweet Woody dog looked almost exactly like him/her. I lost him late 2009 to cancer, and I still grieve him. He was my constant companion and joy.

I think I've decided today is my first DD. We can journey and learn together!
Old 09-17-2011, 04:07 PM   #356
Major LCF Poster!

Oh Marie, I'm so sorry about your loss of Woody. The doggy in my avatar is Buck. We had to put him to sleep not very long ago. Cancer was the suspected culprit for him as well. I was away from here for a long time until recently when I've just been lurking and reading. It was sort of a jolt when I first *saw* his picture in my avatar. It's nice in a way to remember him in better times.

Do you have other pets? My husband is involved in a dog sport with his German Shepherds so we have 3 of those and also a mutt.

DG
Old 09-17-2011, 04:15 PM   #357

Quote:
Oh Marie, I'm so sorry about your loss of Woody. The doggy in my avatar is Buck. We had to put him to sleep not very long ago. Cancer was the suspected culprit for him as well. I was away from here for a long time until recently when I've just been lurking and reading. It was sort of a jolt when I first *saw* his picture in my avatar. It's nice in a way to remember him in better times.

Do you have other pets? My husband is involved in a dog sport with his German Shepherds so we have 3 of those and also a mutt.

DG
Thanks so much. I am sorry about your sweet Buck. We do not have any other pets, and I think that is why the grieving process has been so long for me. Due to my dh being close to retirement, and the freedom we desire, we don't plan on adding to our family at this time. Woody was only 12 and it was totally unexpected. He went in for kidney stone surgery, and that is when the cancer was found in his bladder. It started to spread also. We probably let him go longer than we should have, but, it was hard letting go. My dh took him as I was not that brave. Well onto better conversation.....

German shephards are such lovely dogs...so smart too! How are you doing with your hunger on your first down day?
Old 09-17-2011, 06:39 PM   #358
Major LCF Poster!

DD1 is nearly over and I'm definitely going to make it!!! Since the calories are SO tight I probably should have factored in cals for my supplements, which I did not. I take All-One powdered multi-vitamin which has great amino acid content. One scoop of that is 35 cals. There are probably a few cals scattered about in my other supplements too. So I probably should figure 50 for that.

I use Life Form for tracking (anybody else old enough to remember that one???? ) and my food came in at 511. So est. 50 for supplements - still I don't think 561 is bad for my first day.

I think it worked out well for me to stay fasted until later in the day. Not sure how it will all settle in once I get used to this. But I will probably stay fasted until later in the afternoon on Monday too. At least that will be the plan I think. Plenty of time to change my mind tomorrow!!!

Marie, how are you doing for your first day? You are in OK, right? So your DD1 should be coming to a close soon too? (I'm an early bird and early to bed person!)

You and your husband must be getting excited about retirement! What sorts of plans do you have? Some travel? (my DREAM!)

DG
Old 09-17-2011, 07:54 PM   #359
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Maryo
Stats: 220/127/120 5'5", 50+
WOE: Atkins/Primal
Start Date: March 2011 (restart)
DG - I'm glad your down day has gone well. I think waiting as long as you can to eat really helps. A lot of folks here will just have coffee or tea in the morning. For some, eating breakfast just increases the appetite. I usually have a protein shake in the morning, but I'm honestly no more hungry at lunchtime if I skip breakfast entirely.

You asked about the UD/DD rotation. I think different people do it differently - some alternate, some have 3 fixed UDs and 3 fixed DDs and then a "medium" day, others do fixed UDs and DDs without a medium day. I personally just alternate UDs and DDs. I rarely go out to eat or have social engagements, so it's not difficult for me to do it that way. I think someone who regularly goes out on weekends or has a lot of social engagements might have a harder time alternating because it'd be tough if the DDs kept falling on days when you had to eat out or be at a party or other event.
Maryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 05:21 AM   #360

Quote:
DD1 is nearly over and I'm definitely going to make it!!! Since the calories are SO tight I probably should have factored in cals for my supplements, which I did not. I take All-One powdered multi-vitamin which has great amino acid content. One scoop of that is 35 cals. There are probably a few cals scattered about in my other supplements too. So I probably should figure 50 for that.

I use Life Form for tracking (anybody else old enough to remember that one???? ) and my food came in at 511. So est. 50 for supplements - still I don't think 561 is bad for my first day.

I think it worked out well for me to stay fasted until later in the day. Not sure how it will all settle in once I get used to this. But I will probably stay fasted until later in the afternoon on Monday too. At least that will be the plan I think. Plenty of time to change my mind tomorrow!!!

Marie, how are you doing for your first day? You are in OK, right? So your DD1 should be coming to a close soon too? (I'm an early bird and early to bed person!)

You and your husband must be getting excited about retirement! What sorts of plans do you have? Some travel? (my DREAM!)

DG
WTG with having a good DD!! You did wonderful. Yep, I am in OK . I did okay. I waited too late to decide it was a down day I think, and took in a few more calories than I think I will do on a regular dd. According to the Johnson site it is okay, but, I am up a bit on the scale. I may be retaining though. I am so use to weighing daily, it will be a big adjustment no to. I am not sure I can, lol.

We have mixed feelings about retirement. We are not as prepared as we would like to be. We do hope to spend some time in California each year where are family is, around a month or so. We hope to spend a month or so in warmer climate during Jan/Feb. Our home base will probably stay OK. Well, time for coffee, lol. I will take my walk in a bit. Have a great Sunday all.