Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2011, 01:30 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
A Few More JUDDD Questions I Can't Find The Answers To!

Apologies in advance to SoHappy & Beeb...you must be feeling like unpaid volunteers on the JUDDD helpline!

I have searched..but couln't find any threads with these points (though they probably exist!)

1. Has JUDDD, esp DD's Knocked you out of ketosis (I like ketosis cos it dampens my apetite somewhat)

2. What do find good for snacks to take out and about (my l/c favs are macadamias, & cheese or pork scratchings..not really DD friendly!)

3.If you have an extra low DD..do you have a higher UD to balance (or just cos you can.. )
And if you have an extra high UD...do you try to have a lower DD?

4. Beeb mentioned she even ate out on her DD! ..could I ask her (if she reads this!) what she had

5. Just wondering how your SO's have reacted to you doing this diet? I have a history of ED's...and it has taken DH ages to just about accept that L/C is not another fad diet which will damage my health. I dont feel able to share my JUDDD with him....days of 500 cals??...he will probably be mad with me! (only out of concern..he is the most loving, kind DH!)

Well that all for now..though knowing me...there will be more!

Thanks..and huge hugs!
Jo
xx

"Eat today for the clothes you want to wear tomorrow!"

Last edited by Joedi; 08-31-2011 at 01:31 PM..
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-2011, 02:09 PM   #2
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedi View Post
Apologies in advance to SoHappy & Beeb...you must be feeling like unpaid volunteers on the JUDDD helpline!

I have searched..but couln't find any threads with these points (though they probably exist!)

1. Has JUDDD, esp DD's Knocked you out of ketosis (I like ketosis cos it dampens my apetite somewhat) When doing LC I don't know if I was ever in ketosis or not. I never tested nor did I get that appetite suppressant like others have doing LC. Sorry I can't help you with this one. But I will say JUDDD is the ONLY diet I have done that does curb my appetite a lot!

2. What do find good for snacks to take out and about (my l/c favs are macadamias, & cheese or pork scratchings..not really DD friendly!) I am not a big snacker anymore since starting JUDDD, but if I do need to bring something it's usually a piece of fruit or some carrots/celery/snap peas in a bag for my DDs.

3.If you have an extra low DD..do you have a higher UD to balance (or just cos you can.. )
And if you have an extra high UD...do you try to have a lower DD? I track everything and pretty much stick to my calories for the day. I try to stay within the DD and UD calories by about 20 to 30 calories, up or down. And I haven't added or subtracted calories on any day, no matter if I was under a bit or over a bit the day before. Tracking helps me to stay honest and it's also giving me a good guide for later in this WOE for reference for the foods that are good on DDs and UDs

4. Beeb mentioned she even ate out on her DD! ..could I ask her (if she reads this!) what she had I have eaten at Panera Bread, Chinese food, Famous Dave's BBQ, and Salad Works, and have others I'm researching to see what will fit on a DD if I want to go out. I check out the sites for restaurants and see the calories for the items they have. I always plan and write down exactly what I'm going to have before I get to the restaurant and then just read off my paper for my choices to the waitress.

5. Just wondering how your SO's have reacted to you doing this diet? I have a history of ED's...and it has taken DH ages to just about accept that L/C is not another fad diet which will damage my health. I dont feel able to share my JUDDD with him....days of 500 cals??...he will probably be mad with me! (only out of concern..he is the most loving, kind DH!) I have never had an ED so my SO isn't concerned with how I eat or what kind of eating plan I have. He is actually VERY happy I'm doing JUDDD because now there are lots of choices for our dinners out, and when I cook for him on my DD I am very inventive and he loves new dishes!

Well that all for now..though knowing me...there will be more! Ask away, this JUDDD forum is the best for help and the people here are just amazing!!!

Thanks..and huge hugs!
Jo
xx
ON A SIDE NOTE: There are SO many wonderful people on here that know much more than I do, but I have answered your questions in bold and I hope it helps, my friend and glad to see you thinking things through and planning! THAT is the best way to start any WOE!!

Last edited by Beeb; 08-31-2011 at 02:11 PM..
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 02:30 PM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedi View Post
..........I have searched..but couln't find any threads with these points (though they probably exist!)..........

I can only answer your questions here as they would pertain to myself, as some of your questions just plainly aren't addressed in his book or on his site, and much would be individual experience.

..........1. Has JUDDD, esp DD's Knocked you out of ketosis (I like ketosis cos it dampens my apetite somewhat)..........

Can't answer here as I am never in ketosis, do wonderfully well without being in ketosis, and enjoy and eat far too many carbs to attain ketosis. It's just not a state that is required to do JUDDD well, and frankly, there are foods that I would need to exclude from my diet in order to reduce my body to ketosis, which I am unwilling to give up. Sorry. Perhaps others who keep very low carb on both their UDs and their DDs will be able to answer here for you.

..........2. What do find good for snacks to take out and about (my l/c favs are macadamias, & cheese or pork scratchings..not really DD friendly!)..........

Rats! Once again, I can't give you a good answer here. When I am out and about on an UD, I can just pop in anywhere and buy anything, including a Snickers Bar. Because there are no NO-NO foods on JUDDD, and no list of *Forbidden Foods*. Now, I rarely buy that Snickers Bar, but I have in the past, and I know that one wasn't the last one I'm ever going to enjoy in my life! LOL

And if it's a DD for me, I won't be snacking away from home, period. Period. So I don't have snacks with me, other than some gum in my purse. And usually a bottle of water.

..........3.If you have an extra low DD..do you have a higher UD to balance (or just cos you can.. )
And if you have an extra high UD...do you try to have a lower DD?..........

Ahhh... This one I can offer an answer to. LOL If I have an extra low DD (which I guarantee you is exceedingly rare) I do NOT have a higher UD to balance it. At least not intentionally. My UD limit is my limit. If I were to fast totally the previous day, I still would not go above my UD calorie limit the following day.

And if, IF I were to overdo an UD, and go over despite my best attempts.. like we went out to dinner with folks and I really miscalculated my calorie intake!, I wouldn't especially try to hold the next day's DD calorie number extra low. I'd just handle it as another normal DD. JUDDD is very forgiving of those times you go overboard, despite your best intentions, so it isn't necessary to castigate yourself or punish yourself. You just get right back into your normal rotation, at your normal calorie levels, and continue watching the Magic happen.

..........4. Beeb mentioned she even ate out on her DD! ..could I ask her (if she reads this!) what she had..........

I'm sure she will be here and respond shortly, but my answer to this is that I eat fabulous salads. If I know I'm going out on a DD, I really skimp until then. And when I eat the salads, I eat them with a low calorie dressing on the side, which I use sparingly. I've even been known to tuck a bottle of Kraft Low Calorie Italian Dressing into my purse. Only 15 calories for TWO tablespoons, so a calorie bargain on Down Days.

..........5. Just wondering how your SO's have reacted to you doing this diet? I have a history of ED's...and it has taken DH ages to just about accept that L/C is not another fad diet which will damage my health. I dont feel able to share my JUDDD with him....days of 500 cals??...he will probably be mad with me! (only out of concern..he is the most loving, kind DH!)..........

I can't blame your DH for being concerned for you, and fearful for you, and so caring of your state. And you do realize that you don't have to have your DD calories at that set 500-per day limit, right? Beeb, started out with hers at 700 per day right from the start and has been very successful. So JUDDD says 500 per day for the first two weeks. So what?

What you are after is success. YOU know you. You absolutely have to do this in whatever way will bring you success and continue your abstinence from binging.

If you look at the JUDDD plan as a way to live a more healthful life, and stop focusing only, or mostly, on the calorie ceilings, (which are arbitrary at best) perhaps you can relax your feeling of needing to control it all. So your DD went up to 800 calories today and you had wanted it to remain at 500. Big Deal. Too Bad. I expect you'll have better luck on your next DD. And what if your UD exceeds your ceiling by 300 calories next time? Oh, Well. It's not going to matter that much.

Just do the best you can. You don't have to be perfect from Day One! You can get there from a slow beginning. You can get there from a poor beginning. You can get there from a really fouled up beginning. Ask me how I KNOW this! Just relax. :

SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 03:23 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Awesome attitude sohappy....with that kind of attitude you are set for success!
BTW....I saw you posted your age on another thread...all I can say is SERIOUSLY???
Just hope I am that lucky!

hugs
Jo
x
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 03:30 PM   #5
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
LOL. Thanks. Ya' did notice that my pic isn't a closeup.. right? There's a reason for that.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote