Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2011, 01:18 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Day One Nearly Over...And I Made It!

Well its 9pm on my first DD of JUDDD!

It was tough at first...I was up early, but dont like to eat before 12..as it triggers my hungry monster!

My tummy rumbled A LOT..cat scaring amounts! and I felt hollow...but funnily enough this came and went...

Drank lots of green tea and water..chewed sugar free gum, and made it till 12

Had a shake for lunch
Homemade veg soup for dinner
Tuna salad for tea
Greek yog and rhubarb plus a coffee (with coffeemate) for a snack.

Total is approx 550 cals! I am amazed, as I am allowing myself up to 700! Mind you, I have been at home all day...my next DD lands on my gym day..so I will probably need those extra calories!

I have started using My Fitness Pal..and my percentages are:
40% protein, 21% fat, 39% carbs!! 46 gramms carbs for one day...the most I have eaten in a day for in 5 months!

Will be having a good look round Asda on Friday for some low cal stuff for my DD...I feel as if I am going over to the other side!

UD tomorrow...and according to the JUDDD website...1943 cals!

Still waiting for my scales to arrive...so probably will wait untill I have JUDDDed a week b4 weighing...

Hope this will be what I need to get those last pesky few lbs off!

Hugs
Jo
x

"Eat today for the clothes you want to wear tomorrow!"
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-2011, 02:13 PM   #2
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
I knew you could do it!!! A suggestion: Forget the carbs for the next week or so. I was freaking out, especially on an UD when my carbs were over 100g! I was making myself crazy when I looked at the higher carbs I was eating and ALMOST ran away from this WOE! I finally just took the carbs OFF my journal for the next couple of weeks and did just fine. NOW I hardly pay attention to them at all.

Even though I'm still LCing because that is how I like to do things, the carbs are secondary now and that's just fine with me!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”

Last edited by Beeb; 08-31-2011 at 02:17 PM..
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 02:41 PM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Yay! Good job!

Now relax and enjoy tomorrow, knowing that you have all those calories that you can eat, but don't actually have to if you fill up before.

It's the day you can pretend you are a truly *normal* person without any dietary worries in the world, and you can just relax about the day. You don't have to feel any compulsion to eat anything you don't feel right about, if you've been missing carbs you still don't have to feel a compulsion to stuff yourself with them, because this UD is just one of the continuing stream of them you will be enjoying forever. You don't have to fret about controlling everything because you are now given the freedom to just relax and enjoy your meals in life. Like a normal person.

You've bought and paid for the freedom to enjoy tomorrow by doing a good job today on your DD.

And now today's DD and tomorrow's UD are going to blend together, and the Magic is going to begin to happen for you too. Exciting, isn't it!
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 02:45 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks BEEB!

Without your encouragement I probably woulnt have tried...you dont work in sales do you?? You could make a fortune!

Will follow your advice RE carbs...I never lost much on L/C...and I never got any extra energy either.

I dont think I could ever go above 100g...as i dont eat grains, bread, etc..just dont like them much!

For me..I think my DD will be higher, cos of all the low calorie veggies.....and UD will have higher fat..so lower carb.

The only high carb thing I may have..ONE day..is a scone...its the only thing I am missing...if JUDDD allows me a scone...it may just be love!

I am busy reading all the old JUDDD threads at the mo for inspiration...and I am going to have alook at their website too...i love reading success stories!

The real test for me will be Friday...my family go to the gym on that day...and it is a DD for me....fingers crossed!

hugs
Jo
x
Old 08-31-2011, 02:59 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
Yay! Good job!

Now relax and enjoy tomorrow, knowing that you have all those calories that you can eat, but don't actually have to if you fill up before.

It's the day you can pretend you are a truly *normal* person without any dietary worries in the world, and you can just relax about the day. You don't have to feel any compulsion to eat anything you don't feel right about, if you've been missing carbs you still don't have to feel a compulsion to stuff yourself with them, because this UD is just one of the continuing stream of them you will be enjoying forever. ...........Great point....no need to binge!

You don't have to fret about controlling everything because you are now given the freedom to just relax and enjoy your meals in life. Like a normal person.

You've bought and paid for the freedom to enjoy tomorrow by doing a good job today on your DD. ........I have been keeping this in mind to keep me going today!

And now today's DD and tomorrow's UD are going to blend together, and the Magic is going to begin to happen for you too. Exciting, isn't it!
..........Oh...I really hope so, SH! I was hoping for the magic with L/C....Got a bit of appetite reduction..but no wooshes...and no energy!

Thanks for all your wise words...your description of how YOU did on L/C sounded just like mine...hope my experience of JUDDD is too...then I will be "sohappy" too!

hugs
Jo
x

Last edited by Joedi; 08-31-2011 at 03:06 PM..
Old 08-31-2011, 03:18 PM   #6
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
I hope so too, Hon!

The big thing is to just relax. People think of it as such a controlling plan, or one in which you have to exert utter control yourself, to the nth degree! But truly, it is the most completely freeing eating plan I have ever been on.

It allows me to relax and be utterly UN-compelled to eat any particular food. I can eat anything, but I don't have to eat any more than I want to, of anything I don't wish to taste today. I can be picky and/or 'common' in what I decide to eat and enjoy.

On previous diet plans, whenever I had the opportunity, I seemed driven to stuff my face with all the NO-NO foods whenever I was *cheating*. I'd snarf all those foods I wasn't supposed to eat, wasn't supposed to include on my plan. It was almost as though I was compelled to CHEAT. I didn't want to, but there were so few opportunities, so when I could get away with it, I cheated and couldn't seem to not cheat.

No need to cheat on JUDDD. On JUDDD, nothing is off limits, and I have come to realize that I don't ever have to try to get in my share of eating, grab it now before I can't have it anymore, eat every sweet in sight in case I don't get any more for a long time. I know I can have anything I want on any Up Day. So I don't have to have it all this Up Day.

My guess is that if you relax and come to realize that the world of eating really is now your oyster, so to speak, you will find you can enjoy the occasional scone on the occasional Up Day, and it's completely enjoyable, and that's that. Then the next day will be a Down Day, and the Up Day after that, maybe you'll have another scone, but maybe you won't. Because, after all, it's not like you have to. It's not like that's the only opportunity you will ever have to eat a scone. You have a million Up Days ahead of you, and you can eat a scone anytime. All you have to do is stick to your DDs and your UDs and start enjoying your life.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 05:18 PM   #7
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
And you know what? That scone will be on your plate sooner than you think!!

There are NO "black list" foods on JUDDD, only the ones WE chose not to eat!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote