Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2011, 01:16 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Moonchild
Stats: (272 first go around) 219/190/180
WOE: LC
Start Date: restart Sept 02, 2013
JUDDD May be right for me ... ?

Did any of you start with this WOE while still needing to lose a LOT of weight? If so, did you start to see any results right away? I have got to change something because induction levels of lc is not working for me at all. *cry* What I have lost was duriing the first 4 weeks. Now for the past 2 months it is playing up and down with the same 5 pounds (which can happen even if not trying to lose at all).

I stay between 15-25 carbs everyday and I have only had 3 days that went over 1500 cals. (I average around 1250). Only one cheat day in 3 months .. and even then it was at ... I believe 78 carbs for the day. Just in case it was dairy, for the past month I cut out the dairy all except for 1 Tbls. per day of heavy cream.

I know I can't add back in the sugar, flour, potatoes, etc. because those things do worse than add weight .. they make me hurt all over where I can barely walk at all. So I am thinking maybe trying to get no more than 40 carbs per day. I read beeb's posts where she started losing again after upping her carbs. You would think I would be anxious to try that ... but I am a bit scared ... but I have to do something. I am feeling like such a failure!!! Anyways, maybe 500 cals. on down days and 1250-1500 on up days? Does that sound reasonable?

Since I am not used to any fruits at all now ... what should I start with? I am diabetic and at least the lc WOE has allowed me to come off my insulin. Or should I leave fruits out and just concentrate on protein and veggies?

I need a lot of good thoughts also people .. I feel like I am losing this battle and I NEED this so badly for myself. Yes, I have a lot of health probs that are not being addressed properly now that we do not have insurance. The clinic won't even consider prescribing my thyroid meds though I was on them when I had insurance because my test results are "normal". *sigh* and probs with depression and carrying this weight around and feeling like I have failed yet again .. well .. that certainly isn't helping me at all.

I am sorry to be such a gloomy gus ... I just can't stand this. I have been eating right even though people are suddenly even bringing around foods they know I can't have (isn't it odd how folks will do that .. they never bring me food any other time .. so why now when they know I am trying to lose). I have turned it all down. Didn't even eat cake on my birthday. So why isn't this working for me? *sigh* Okay ... I will stop for now ... I need to straighten up and just decide this is a new beginning *gulp* and pray it will work this time. Oh heck .. that isn't how I feel ... I feel more like
HELLLLLPPPP MEEEEE!

Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-2011, 05:23 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowcarbmoon View Post
Did any of you start with this WOE while still needing to lose a LOT of weight? If so, did you start to see any results right away? I have got to change something because induction levels of lc is not working for me at all. *cry* What I have lost was duriing the first 4 weeks. Now for the past 2 months it is playing up and down with the same 5 pounds (which can happen even if not trying to lose at all).

I stay between 15-25 carbs everyday and I have only had 3 days that went over 1500 cals. (I average around 1250). Only one cheat day in 3 months .. and even then it was at ... I believe 78 carbs for the day. Just in case it was dairy, for the past month I cut out the dairy all except for 1 Tbls. per day of heavy cream.

I know I can't add back in the sugar, flour, potatoes, etc. because those things do worse than add weight .. they make me hurt all over where I can barely walk at all. So I am thinking maybe trying to get no more than 40 carbs per day. I read beeb's posts where she started losing again after upping her carbs. You would think I would be anxious to try that ... but I am a bit scared ... but I have to do something. I am feeling like such a failure!!! Anyways, maybe 500 cals. on down days and 1250-1500 on up days? Does that sound reasonable?

Since I am not used to any fruits at all now ... what should I start with? I am diabetic and at least the lc WOE has allowed me to come off my insulin. Or should I leave fruits out and just concentrate on protein and veggies?

I need a lot of good thoughts also people .. I feel like I am losing this battle and I NEED this so badly for myself. Yes, I have a lot of health probs that are not being addressed properly now that we do not have insurance. The clinic won't even consider prescribing my thyroid meds though I was on them when I had insurance because my test results are "normal". *sigh* and probs with depression and carrying this weight around and feeling like I have failed yet again .. well .. that certainly isn't helping me at all.

I am sorry to be such a gloomy gus ... I just can't stand this. I have been eating right even though people are suddenly even bringing around foods they know I can't have (isn't it odd how folks will do that .. they never bring me food any other time .. so why now when they know I am trying to lose). I have turned it all down. Didn't even eat cake on my birthday. So why isn't this working for me? *sigh* Okay ... I will stop for now ... I need to straighten up and just decide this is a new beginning *gulp* and pray it will work this time. Oh heck .. that isn't how I feel ... I feel more like
HELLLLLPPPP MEEEEE!
Well, first of all, hugs, and welcome to our JUDDD group! Lots of support and fun and caring here.

The very first post of this August JUDDD thread tells how to do this plan, and you already seem to have a good outline of how you want to start off, with 500 calorie Down Days and 1,500 calorie Up Days. And that spread should certainly be far enough apart to stimulate your metabolism and fat burning, if you are one who will also respond to JUDDD in that way. Certainly it would seem that you would experience weight loss on that level. One of the things that happens to some people when they cut calories and keep at about the same low number of calories every day (within a couple hundred one way or the other) is that sometimes their metabolism slows down to only functioning at that lower sluggish level. But by alternating the high with the low calories on JUDDD, it often stimulates the metabolism to perk up a bit. Isn't that a welcome news item!

As far as needing to lose a LOT of weight, yes.. folks with a lot to lose have been successful with weight loss on JUDDD, and it's also a great plan for those who just have a smidge to lose, and for those in maintenance. It's a pretty darned good plan for most anybody. So needing to lose a lot of weight shouldn't present any problem here.

One little piece of advice I can offer is this: Don't guess and estimate!!!!! Don't eyeball it and say to yourself, "That's about an ounce." or "That's about a half a cup." Do the work, and really measure stuff out and weigh your foods and pay attention to your portions. This is really pretty important. The only reason JUDDD works is because of that big calorie spread with the average of Up and Down days bringing you low enough to lose weight, and if that isn't happening like it should... if you seem to be a bit higher than you should be, more often than you should be... it won't work.

As far as doing JUDDD in a low carb manner, many here do. And many here do JUDDD at a mid-range carb level. Nobody will be able to advise you on foods to eat that will keep your diabetes under control any better than you probably already know your limits. So don't actually try to eat carbs. That isn't where the magic is. It's just that when we JUDDD, we can eat carbs and still lose weight! But even then, we don't get carried away, or we'll find the weight loss can stall out again.

And as to stalls, they are just a part of normal weight loss, no matter what plan you are on, but most folks kinda' recognize a lo-o-o-n-n-n-g-g-g stall as: maintenance! If you aren't losing any weight for a long, long time, you are obviously giving your body exactly what it needs to maintain itself at its current weight. JUDDD aims to make your body keep having to dig into a few fat cells every other day for your energy/fuel needs, without eating so much on Up Days that your body has extra 'left over' calories to stick back into those emptied fat cells.

JUDDD isn't designed for FAST-as-a-speeding-bullet weight loss. Just slow and pretty steady weight loss. Which is pretty remarkable when you stop to think that you are only *dieting* half the days. The other half of the days, you're eating at your maintenance calorie level, not at a weight loss level at all. So any weight you lose will be coming from a half a month's worth of days only. Pretty amazing.

Ask questions. See what other people eat, and then see if that is something you can have. There is nothing that you can't eat according to JUDDD, but there may be foods that you shouldn't eat if you are diabetic, etc. I had a DD today, and this is what I ate: mugs of plain hot tea all morning.. about 4. Lunch at 1:30 ended up being a big bowl of homemade vegetable soup which had tons of veggies in it and a little bit of beef. This is the kind of soup where your bowl might have a couple of lima beans, 7 kernels of corn, half a dozen peas, a couple of red kidney beans, plenty of chopped onion and tomatoes and spinach, a few small chunks of potato and carrot slices, some diced turnip, lots of green beans, some celery, some little chunks of diced beef, and a nice thick tomato-y beef gravy/broth. You get the idea. Homemade soup. For tonight's supper I had an enormous salad. It filled a big round casserole dish. Lettuce & tomato, green pepper & onion, carrot & cucumber, a bit of chopped cauliflower, a whole can of waterpak tuna, hard boiled egg white, plenty of salt & pepper, and topped with a real low calorie Italian dressing. I ate on that salad for half an hour before I finally got it all finished! My calorie total for the day is just under 500. I'm stuffed. If I want something as an evening snack later, I'll splurge on a low calorie fruit yogurt sweetened with Splenda.. only another 80 cals.

I hope this was a little bit of encouragement and information. I just don't see why you couldn't do JUDDD and be very successful on it. Hope you are *for sure* joining us!

Last edited by SoHappy; 08-08-2011 at 05:26 PM..
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 07:18 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

SoHappy, TY so much for such a nice and informative reply! Yes, I am FOR SURE joining you all! It can't hurt to try. I think the only thing I am afraid of is adding in more carbs. Of course, that may have been what I needed to do with Atkins ... just not be afraid to move up the ladder. Since I am still going to be watching my carbs .. just maybe not be as strict as I was ... and the added benefit of calorie cycling ... this could be the key to success for me. I will never know unless I try.

I already have some cooked ground beef and cabbage in the fridge so I think I will make today my first DD. I will turn the leftovers into a nice soup with ground beef, cabbage, a little onion, and tomatoes. That should be plenty low in carbs and calories since I prefer a lot more cabbage to beef ratio. I wish I had a carrot! I have not been buying them because I do LOVE them. I will have to check the carb count on them again and see if maybe it is a veggie I want to use to up my carbs a little. I could always check my blood sugars often after I eat a carrot and see how it does with my diabetes.

I think I need to start with the bare necessities again and then start adding things in and see how I do physically. I was just now thinking .. it seems like every time i eat red meat my stomache gets upset AND I get a headache. Hmmm ... I think I will make my soup with Ground turkey today and then try ground beef again next week and see what happens. My head has been hurting for the past few days and I believe it is prob something I ate that triggered it. I do get to FINALLY buy a few groceries tomorrow so I need to read more of the JUDDD posts and see what you all are eating.

I am sorry .. my head still hurts so I tend to ramble on even more so than usual. I have so much in my head trying to get out that I get befuddled. I am struggling to keep from becoming so upset that I give up. I know I should be grateful I am able to move better than before and am off insulin (and 2 of my bp meds) .. but in all honesty ... it isn't enough! I want to experience what it is like to be one of the beautiful people before I die. I want to be able to buy clothes that I actually like instead of just what I can manage to fit into. I don't mind buying them from thrift stores .. that has never bothered me. I see some really beautiful clothes at thrift stores that I would love to have ... only they are at least 5 sizes too small for me. If I could lose this weight, I could go to one and be able to purchase a whole new wardrobe for $40 LOL

OMGoodness ... I could have a yogurt? I adore yogurt! Seems like I saw somewhere here that someone gets plain greek yogurt and adds in a little sf jello powder to it .. sounds delish to me!

I LOVE tuna but I think I can only have it on an UD because I only like it when it has mayo in it.

Okay .. I think I have it! I think I will eat the same thing every DD ... veggie soup and salad. Then I can be creative on my UD. LOL .. I bet most of you have these conversations with yourself without typing them out. I am a doofus. :P
Moonchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 08:22 AM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
[QUOTE=lowcarbmoon;14898200.....(1).....I think the only thing I am afraid of is adding in more carbs..........

.....(2).....I already have some cooked ground beef and cabbage in the fridge so I think I will make today my first DD........... a carrot..........

.....(3).....I do get to FINALLY buy a few groceries tomorrow so I need to read more of the JUDDD posts and see what you all are eating..........

.....(4).....I am struggling to keep from becoming so upset that I give up.......... I want to experience what it is like to be one of the beautiful people before I die. I want to be able to buy clothes that I actually like instead of just what I can manage to fit into..........

.....(5).....I could have a yogurt? I adore yogurt! Seems like I saw somewhere here that someone gets plain greek yogurt and adds in a little sf jello powder to it..........

......(6)....I LOVE tuna but I think I can only have it on an UD because I only like it when it has mayo in it..........

.....(7).....I bet most of you have these conversations with yourself without typing them out. I am a doofus..........[/QUOTE]

1 - Well, I think most of us were a little leery of adding in more carbs when we first started on JUDDD, but you will find the level that works well for you. Just keep in mind that you aren't going to have a carb *free-for-all* just because you are doing JUDDD, and most folks who do this plan still eat at a pretty low carb level, and keeping that in mind may ease your worry. You will still be in complete control of your food choices and your diet.

2 - Be sure to weigh and measure your foods and figure out the calorie amounts of your foods and your meals, so that you will know you are low enough on the Down Days and not going too high on your Up Days. The calorie spread is one of the things that helps here, at least it does for me. Get a food scale if you don't already have one. Measure or weight out that cabbage and ground meat. Measure and/or weigh all of your foods now. Enter the calories in your food journal. Keep track. - - - - - And I think a carrot sounds good too. I eat them often. Truth be told... it wasn't eating vegetables that made me gain so much weight I became obese!

3 - Glad you're getting to go grocery shopping tomorrow! As the weeks have gone by, I've developed a list of the foods that I like to keep on hand. Example: I have to have two completely different jars of mayonnaise! The one is regular high fat mayo, which I use on the Up Days, when my calorie limit is so much higher. The other is fat free mayo, which is very low calorie, and that's the one I use on my Down Days, in order to keep the calories within my low DD limit, which is usually only 500 calories. - - - - - An interesting thing about this diet is that you are really eating two completely different diets, so can be enjoying all your beloved high fat foods on UDs, and then using low fat and fat free products on your DDs. Weird, but it sure works. LOL

4 - Don't give up! Don't ever give up! I finally came to the conclusion that I had to eat and was going to eat every day for the rest of my life, so whether I lost weight or not, I might as well be following some plan instead of just veering off into unregulated eating choices that did nothing for my health at all. I figured some plan was better than no plan at all. - - - - - And I hear ya' about wanting to have some cute clothing hanging in the closet! Wanting to put on some stylish things when you go out! Wanting to look fabulous in your clothes. Frankly, there are very few things that translate very well from the cute little size hanging on the rack to the great big size I needed to fit me. The *look* is altogether different, and not in a good way! I used to go shopping in the department stores, just to look at all the cute little clothes that were way to small to fit me, that weren't even offered in a size big enough to fit me... just to motivate myself to eat well, to stay on my diet plan!!!!! So stay motivated! You'll be buying those slim and stylish clothes before this is all done, and you'll look just fabulous!

5 - As to the yogurt, if it's OK with any health issues you have, like you don't have lactose intolerance or anything, it's certainly OK on JUDDD. I eat those little 80-calorie fruit yogurts, sweetened with Splenda. They're not Greek yogurt, but I sure do enjoy them! And Greek yogurt is great. I get that sometimes. It's just more expensive, and sometimes I'm pinching our budget dollars.

6 - And as to the tuna, I have it with mayo too, but on Down Days the mayo I use is Hellmann's Low Fat mayo... only 15 calories per tablespoon and 2 carbs. (See.. we can eat more carbs on JUDDD.. LOL) Or maybe I'll want to have that Miracle Whip flavor, so on Down Days I'll use Kraft fat free Miracle Whip, which is also only 15 calories per tablespoon and has 3 carbs. Like I mentioned above, I have my *real* stuff for the Up Days when I eat higher calorie, and I have my low fat and fat free stuff for the Down Days.

7 - And I don't have many conversations with myself.. at least out loud.. but I do make endless lists of everything imaginable! Then I have to take the last few things that haven't been crossed off of the list, and enter them at the start of my new list. I'm a doofus too!

Last edited by SoHappy; 08-09-2011 at 08:23 AM..
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 01:07 PM   #5
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Lowcarbmoon!!! SoHappy has giving you so much great advice (as she is know to do ) and I just wanted to say that her idea of having seperation in your cabinets and fridge is one I have adopted also.

It's very easy to know that the stuff on the right side of my fridge is for DDs and the left side is for UDs and the stuff in the middle (like pickles, for example) can do either way! I was so hesitant about the FF stuff, but bit the bullet and bought the mayo, greek yogurt, cheese in FF just to be able to use some of my favorite recipes on my DDs. It was also hard (still is a bit) to wrap my brain around eating higher carbs than I was, but I'm getting over it and the more I explore, the more I learn and can apply to this new JUDDD WOE.

I also love the idea of having the higher carb foods I wasn't eating and now can have on my UPs, but like she says I still keep me carbs under control and don't overeat.

This is the ONLY WOE I have ever done that actually is curbing my hunger!

SO glad to have you on board with us!!!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 09:47 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

I am so lucky to have you folks (my inspirations) to help me along! I actually feel so much better emotionally today. I think this is going to work for me!!! I will not weigh until next week so I can give it some time to start moving a bit.

I had originally planned for today to be my first "official" DD. however, my local grocers has FINALLY put Dreamfields pasta on their shelves. I could hardly believe it when I saw it. So, today had to be an UD so I could finally partake in some pasta.

Since I thought this was going to be a DD, I did not eat anything until supper so that made it hard to get in enough calories .. only had in 942 cals. I really wanted to get in between 1250 and 1500 today .. I finally opted to eat some coconut oil candy because it is really low in carbs yet adds fat and calories.

Today I ate:
1 serving dreamfields mac-n-cheese (I used the last of my butter on the families supper so I didn't get to add any to mine, I used cheddar cheese and 1oz heavy cream)
2 Jenny-O turkey burgers (patties only)
1/2 C turnip greens
2 strawberries
1 serving coconut bark

According to ******, today's food log is:

Calories: 1051 (I will do better next UD)
Fat: 63.5
Carbs: 51.9
Fiber: 8.0
Protein 69.3

Fat: 53%
Protein: 27%
Carbs: 19%

Since I am not sure if Dreamfields is on the up-and-up .. if I can trust it is really on 5 net carbs per serving, then I am going to count those carbs (minus the fiber). i did check my blood sugar several times within the 3 hours following the pasta and it did spike some .. went from 128 to 145. I don't think that was too bad at all. IF Dreamfields really is on the up-and-up (that would be such a blessing) then my net carbs for today would be: 11.9 If not (bummer) then it would be: 43.9

Does that menu sound okay to y'all?

Tomorrow I plan on having raw broccoli, cauliflower and a few baby carrots to munch on (I have some Walden Farms sf, calorie free, and fat free dressing for a dip if desired). Gr. beef and cabbage soup. Iceberg lettuce with just sea salt, black pepper, oregano and basil on it (I LOVE that combo). That should keep my cals very low yet keep me full. Does it sound okay to y'all?

TY sooo much for your help and support!!!
Old 08-10-2011, 09:10 AM   #7

Lowcarbmoon, your menu sounds good for today, your DD, and I bet you will be really full with that soup and all the veggies! That is what keeps me going on my DD.

I made a grilled veggie dish last night with Dreamfields and it was so good!

I'm going to post the recipe when I get some time in the next few days, but it's very simple, just grilled veggies of choice, a hand crushed maranara tomato sauce, spices and a little grated cheese over the Dreamfields pasta!

YUMMY and all came to 309 calories!!
Old 08-10-2011, 10:16 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

TY Beeb The past and veggies sound awesome! I was thinking of putting maybe 8-10 pieces of the pasta in my soup today. Have you had any probs with it? I did buy some diced tomatoes w/green chilies to go on my pasta tomorrow. I don't plan to go nuts and eat pasta everyday, but, like a dummy, I cooked the whole box yesterday though I only turned one serving of it into mac-n-cheese. Next time I buy some I will cook just what I need so I can have the pasta just once a week or so. LOL .. unless I find that I lose weight this week. If I can lose weight eating the pasta several days a week .. I am all over it! LOL
Old 08-10-2011, 05:58 PM   #9

It really freezes well, so you may want to do single servings with what you have cooked in baggies or containers and freeze them. Then you either thaw them out or add them to something hot, like soup and simmer until they are warmed through.

This way it's not as tempting to eat everyday!
Old 08-10-2011, 07:10 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeb View Post
It really freezes well, so you may want to do single servings with what you have cooked in baggies or containers and freeze them. Then you either thaw them out or add them to something hot, like soup and simmer until they are warmed through.

This way it's not as tempting to eat everyday!
TY so much for the info .. I had wondered if it freezes well or not. Can I freeze the cooked noodles as they are or do I need to add anything to them before freezing?
Old 08-10-2011, 07:44 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowcarbmoon View Post
TY so much for the info .. I had wondered if it freezes well or not. Can I freeze the cooked noodles as they are or do I need to add anything to them before freezing?
Just freeze them as they are! Easy....Breezy!!
Old 08-15-2011, 12:40 PM   #12
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Lowcarbmoon-
I don't want to discourage you, but I want to warn that Dr. Johnson specifically says that JUDDD will not be a good choice for most diabetics. I don't know the specific science involved, but almost all the diabetics who have tried JUDDD since I've been involved (over 2 years) have had to abandon it because it played havoc with their BS readings.

I just want you to be aware of this if you begin to experience problems. The last thing you want is to have to return to insulin.

Have you looked at Dr. Richard Bernstein's Diabetic Solution? (He has a good website, too.) I'm not diabetic, but all of my siblings are, and I try to eat like a diabetic to avoid becoming one. I follow his low carb suggestions, and my endo believes that my WOE is what's keeping me from developing Type 2.
Leo41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 12:56 PM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Leo41, TY for the info and especially the care

When I first considered JUDDD, I thought how the DD especially would/could affect my BS readings. Then I realized the main thing I needed to do is make sure I have a steady supply of food in me during the day to keep my readings stable. I ended up choosing to "graze" during my DD .. eating a little more at med times. I am not following a typicle JUDDD type plan .. instead I have opted to keep my carbs low. Other than this past weekend (it was an emotional one) I don't think I will have too many probs. I will heed your advice though and keep an eye on things. As much as I want to lose this excess weight, I do know my health is the most important aspect of it all. I THINK the reason JUDDD is not so great for most diabetics is because of the tendency to still eat calorie dense foods .. but very little of it to keep the cals low. I am going to continue eating a LOT of food .. just low calorie foods. Does that make sense?

Yes, I am dying to have Bernstein's book! One of my friends at a thrift store has been keeping her eye out for when one comes in .. but so far I guess people are hanging on to their book. LOL .. I guess that says a lot for the book ... it must be a good one! Someday it WILL BE MINE!

You are so right .. I definitely do not want back on that insulin! TeeHee .. the PA just could not believe my BS readings were so good! After all, my last A1C was over 13 (my average bs reading was over 300)! Amazing! I used to be so blind .. I thought since I was not a huge sweets eater .. I was doing okay. I had no idea the sweet peas I was eating was about the same as having a big ol slice of cake! And carrots .. OMGoodness I love carrots! Who knew? Well obviously a lot of people .. but not me. Since pasta was low glycemic, then I switched from eating potatoes and rice to eating pasta. PUH-LEASE! At least now I know better. Still not sure if the Dreamfield's is okay for me to use. Since I messed up this past weekend, then I don't have the right data to make a proper decision. I will experiment with it again later on down the road. For now I have to get back on track which, for me, means basics ... so no pasta of any kind, no coconut bark, etc.
Old 08-15-2011, 03:37 PM   #14
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Lowcarbmoon-
If you're interested in the Bernstein book, check out his website. I have not visited there in quite a while, so it may have changed, but I read several chapters from his book right from the website.

Unlike some doctors, he is really interested in helping people, and I found most of the information from his book right there on the website.
Leo41 is offline   Reply With Quote