Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2011, 07:17 AM   #1
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Recipes For JUDD?

Could one of you amazing LCFs direct me to a forum/thread on this site that has JUDD recipes for Down Days. The one in the Other Plans Forum has some but I'm looking for more.

Any other recipe sites are greatly appreciated, too!

Thanks All!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-03-2011, 07:22 AM   #2
the condiment queen

Gallery: pooticus
Stats: 314/220.4/150
WOE: PersonalPlan
Start Date: Nov.20, 2007 (restart)
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...y-recipes.html

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...pplements.html

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...what-judd.html

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...s-recipes.html

There are lots of old JUDDD threads on the "Others" board hon. Hope these help! Plus there are some in the Recipe Help Board. The HCG diet threads and also Dukan Diet threads also have great recipes that will apply to 500 cal days!!!! Lots of brilliant cooks here. Ouzie has a ton of great recipes too!!

10/20/07-314; 11/26/07-275 Surgery - Tot.Hyst.; 08/5/10-275.0; 09/1-271.8-(Started JUDDD); 10/2-260.4; 3/1/12-231.0lbs 5/25/12-227.2lbs; 8/19/12-222.8lbs
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. ~ Philippians 4:13
pooticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 10:36 AM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: paulabob
Stats: 204/124.6/110 49%/27.4%/20% 5'2"
WOE: Atkins/hHcg/Optimal whatever works
Start Date: restart March '10
You might check out the P2 recipe thread sticky on the hcg forum for some extra ideas too. Most of the meals are JUDDD friendly.
paulabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 01:05 PM   #4

Thanks all for the info!! Lots of good things on there and I've got a few recipes already in my head to add!

Last edited by Beeb; 08-03-2011 at 01:10 PM..
Old 08-03-2011, 01:43 PM   #5
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
I've read a few things, but for myself.. at 500 of fewer calories on DDs, I guess I rely more on just tons of veggies in salads and tons of veggies in stir frys, etc. because the veggies are so filling. Or various noodle spaghetti meals using the shirataki noodles with low cal spaghetti sauce and... tons of veggies cooked into the sauce. That sort of thing.

I actually have to have half of my refrigerator for my DD foods and the other half for my regular eating. Like, I hard boil a dozen eggs, and then use just the whites to make deviled eggs, using fat free Miracle Whip, and s/f relish, etc. etc. whatever your recipe is. But I save all those yolks to use in something the next day, my UD. With regular mayo, etc.

So I have the low cal and fat free stuff for DDs plus the high fat and full fat stuff for UDs. Very crowded refrigerator. I guess I just don't make that much DD stuff from recipes. Except for my General Tso's Sauce, which I use with stir fry.

I do tend to use recipes for things I make for the Up Days though.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 10:15 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Moonchild
Stats: (272 first go around) 219/190/180
WOE: LC
Start Date: restart Sept 02, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
So I have the low cal and fat free stuff for DDs plus the high fat and full fat stuff for UDs. Very crowded refrigerator. I guess I just don't make that much DD stuff from recipes. Except for my General Tso's Sauce, which I use with stir fry.
OMGoodness!!! Where will I find that sauce recipe? praying it won't be too expensive to make.
Moonchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 06:16 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowcarbmoon View Post
OMGoodness!!! Where will I find that sauce recipe? praying it won't be too expensive to make.
lcmoon, I just posted this recipe in a recipe thread at the top of our forum here, so hope you find it. It's an adaptable recipe, and can make a sauce for Orange Chicken and can also become a nice Hot & Spicy sauce when you add hot Asian chili oil or paste.

The only thing that is initially expensive is the ingredient called glucomannan powder, used as a 0 calorie thickener. You can order this from Netrition or online from various sources like Konjac, which is where I ordered mine. A whole pouch of this powder will last a lifetime, as you only use about a teaspoon of it at a time. It's a great thickener!!!
Old 08-10-2011, 09:02 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
lcmoon, I just posted this recipe in a recipe thread at the top of our forum here, so hope you find it. It's an adaptable recipe, and can make a sauce for Orange Chicken and can also become a nice Hot & Spicy sauce when you add hot Asian chili oil or paste.

The only thing that is initially expensive is the ingredient called glucomannan powder, used as a 0 calorie thickener. You can order this from Netrition or online from various sources like Konjac, which is where I ordered mine. A whole pouch of this powder will last a lifetime, as you only use about a teaspoon of it at a time. It's a great thickener!!!
Has it ever been determined that a gum (Guar or Xanthan) can do the same as the Gluc powder?
Old 08-10-2011, 09:59 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeb View Post
Has it ever been determined that a gum (Guar or Xanthan) can do the same as the Gluc powder?
I can't speak about Guar gum, but I used Xanthan gum a lot when I was first low carbing in the earlier years, and that stuff isn't really close to glucomannan. Plus I didn't like the flavor that Xanthan gum imparted to my sauces and foods. One tiny little teaspoon of glucomannon powder, blended into an entire pint of fluid, can thicken it into nearly a molasses thickness, and all without having to be cooked and stirred over a burner. All you need to do is blend it in and let it set up for a minute or two. I'd be unhappy now having to do without it.

ETA: Just wanted to add that if it doesn't thicken a sauce up to where you want it, you can just stir in a little bit more, and presto! I do love this stuff. LOL

Last edited by SoHappy; 08-10-2011 at 10:17 AM..