Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2011, 01:02 PM   #241
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaniem View Post
Thanks for the advice SoHappy. I really need to remember the evening snack suggestion that is always the hardest part of my day by far.
I was thinking about initially only counting cals on the down days and eating until full (not stuffed) on up days. I am thinking this may feel less obsessive to me and the up day calories seem too high to me that I calculated on the Johnson website.
Yeah.. I don't know about that Johnson site. At least when I first was doing JUDDD, that site seemed to really give out some awfully high Up Day calorie recommendations. I always thought that it didn't really apply very truthfully for those of us who have some REAL weight problems. I think many/most of us have metabolisms that run slower than *normal people*, as ouizoid says. LOL

So than, after awhile, the JUDDD website disappeared. And then, after awhile, it popped back up again. I never noticed that it was all that changed from how it was before, but maybe I missed something. And one thing I didn't do was to check on that calorie calculator to see whether they had adjusted that or not.

Anyway, many of us sort of used other calculators and then averaged those numbers, and used a little common sense with it all too.

I just figure, if I do good DDs and hold to my *generous* UD, and I'm not losing, it's probable that my UD calorie are too high.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-2011, 01:50 PM   #242
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
I was thinking about initially only counting cals on the down days and eating until full (not stuffed) on up days. I am thinking this may feel less obsessive to me and the up day calories seem too high to me that I calculated at the Johnson website.
This is how I started and what I'm still doing on my DDs. And I do understand your concern about the UD calculation being too high. I thought the same thing but I have been almost there on calories on my UDs, enjoying every calorie bite and still losing so I know it's working for me. I don't count carbs anymore, but I also don't eat lots of carby food out of LC eating habit so for me it's the best of both worlds now!

I'm VERY happy doing JUDDD, even on my DDs!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 02:00 PM   #243
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/?/?
WOE: lc
Well the calculator says 1880 cals, umm yeah right!
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 03:16 PM   #244
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: penguinpower
WOE: Thinking of trying NK
Working on a MD today - yesterday was a DD, but I went out to dinner with a friend. I ordered a thai dish made with shirataki noodles and veggies, so the "food" portion of it was certainly within my calorie allotment. BUT...the sauce they use definitely has a fair amount of sesame oil in it, so I am being careful today to make up for the extra oil calories yesterday.

I had a delicious dinner of the garden veggie soup I made yesterday without any sour cream OR yogurt - I had blended in a half of a red pepper and it added a lovely flavor and I didn't feel I needed the creaminess with it. I also made a cream cheese and tomato omelet - yum! Tomatoes are so good now, and I am so happy to be enjoying them again after all the years I spent avoiding them for low carb.

I need to lose my weekend weight to get back on track - I hope between yesterday and today I'll manage to do that.

It's supposed to get hot again tomorrow. Rats. I've been enjoying the weather lately and spending more time outside. Guess I'll be back in my AC "cave" for a while!
penguinpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 03:39 PM   #245
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lbibclc
Stats: 231.8/132 54/5-6
WOE: Primal/HHCG
Start Date: August 2009
I just finished reading Dr Johnson's book. It was very interesting, short but interesting. I calculated my daily calories as 1510-1726 depending on activity level. So for a DD I should do 302-345 calories. That would be pretty hard, but I guess it's only for 2 weeks, right? He doesn't really give a strict % for the next phase, but he recommends alternating days for the rest of time making this more of a way of eating than a weight loss plan. How low does everyone here go in calories on the DD? After the first two weeks how do you adjust your calories?

Does anyone do the premade shakes like he recommends? He seemed rather anti low carb to me. Do you mostly follow his recommendation for fats and carbs or do you go rogue?

Sorry for all the questions, but I appreciate it.
Old 08-16-2011, 04:56 PM   #246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lbibclc View Post
I just finished reading Dr Johnson's book. It was very interesting, short but interesting. I calculated my daily calories as 1510-1726 depending on activity level. So for a DD I should do 302-345 calories. That would be pretty hard, but I guess it's only for 2 weeks, right? He doesn't really give a strict % for the next phase, but he recommends alternating days for the rest of time making this more of a way of eating than a weight loss plan. How low does everyone here go in calories on the DD? After the first two weeks how do you adjust your calories?

Does anyone do the premade shakes like he recommends? He seemed rather anti low carb to me. Do you mostly follow his recommendation for fats and carbs or do you go rogue?

Sorry for all the questions, but I appreciate it.
Don't EVER be sorry for asking questions, it's how we ALL learn!

When I calculated for my UDs and DDs, my DDS were right about where yours are and I KNEW I would NEVER be able to do that. I upped my DD calories to 700 and that works wonders for me. I'm actually doing around 630 but I still like the idea that I have "wiggle room" if I want. I haven't done an "induction" on any of the ways of eating I have ever done, but kinda did a rogue thing, following pretty closely but doing what I knew would work better for me, and that is even when I did LC. I don't count carbs anymore, but most of my carbs are coming from veggies/fruits and I'm still not and probably never will eat high carb stuff again. It's just how my mind set goes with all these years of LCing but I will now eat a dessert if out on my UD if I want one and know I'm within my calories for that day. I want to get to the point that I just "know" how much I should be eating on my UDs so I won't have to journal as closely as I do now, but I know I will ALWAYS journal on my DDs because I know I would get carried away with "guessing" I'm within my calories for the DD.

I never even thought to do the shakes because that is another "I know" I could never do. I like to eat, I like food in my mouth and drinking my meals would never make it for me. I lost 6 pounds in the first 8 days of JUDDD and that was by doing "my rogue thing". I still keep my carbs lower, around 45/65 on DDs and 75/85 on UDs and on DDs my fat are very low and on UDs they are higher, but protein is just about the same for both days, it's looking like.

Everyone is different and I'm not saying my way is THE way, just what works for me. Hoping you find your way and that is maybe the JUDDD way, also!
Old 08-16-2011, 05:06 PM   #247
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: E.W.
Stats: 318/297/ a lot less
WOE: Fast5
Start Date: restart again 1/17/2014
I have been doing fast5 up till today. Today I made it through my first down day but
I will make up for it tomorow. I am still going to stick to a 5 hour eating window because
that seems to work well for me. Funny this first down day didn't seem all that hard I sure hope thursday is easy too.
E.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 05:06 PM   #248

I would like to encourage everyone to try the Thai cucumber salad I posted in the recipe thread.

It was so TASTY and filling and the whole recipe is only 86 calories for 2 nice size servings!! That is 43 calories for a nice size serving!!!

Penguin, I love the idea of a cream cheese and tomato omelet! Why have I never thought to do this?!

Last edited by Beeb; 08-16-2011 at 05:10 PM..
Old 08-16-2011, 05:09 PM   #249

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.W. View Post
I have been doing fast5 up till today. Today I made it through my first down day but
I will make up for it tomorow. I am still going to stick to a 5 hour eating window because
that seems to work well for me. Funny this first down day didn't seem all that hard I sure hope thursday is easy too.
Glad you had a good DD!! I have found it just gets easier and easier as the days go by! Hope you find the same thing, too!
Old 08-16-2011, 06:06 PM   #250

Good Evening, Everyone.

E.W., great to see you checking in. Congrats on making it through your first DD. It really just gets easier to do as the days go by. I don't know whether it's the *doing* of it, or whether there is something about the JUDDD method of calorie cycling, but after awhile you rarely feel any undue hunger or appetite. It's like your brain and tummy are perfectly OK with Down Days and don't put up any fuss at all. I rarely, rarely have a white knuckle DD anymore.

And it sounds like the scheduled eating of Fast 5 is working out nicely for you too. Congrats! I hope the weight loss is good for you.

Lbibclc, I'm another one who didn't do the shakes for the first two weeks, and also one who didn't hold my DD calories that low to begin with. Or ever. If you can, it can only help you. But I just started out at 500-calorie Down Days and that pretty much stuck. Occasionally I'm under by a bit, and I try not to go over that limit.

I'm sure it's sensible to use shakes initially, for the ease of figuring the calories, but I didn't think weighing and measuring and figuring calories was all that difficult anyway, so I just started in with real food.

Hope you are for sure joining us, and that you love it as much as I do!

jeaniem, it's possible that your UD calories could be as high as 1,880... you are young and probably pretty active. And if that sounds too high to you, you can always cut that back to a figure you thinks sound more likely, and see how you do. Good luck!

Donna, I'm still envious that you have an Asian restaurant that has a shirataki noodle dish to offer!

And I agree with beeb that the cream cheese and tomato omelette sounds delicious! I'll be trying that combo soon. We're getting a lot of huge and luscious summer tomatoes being given to us. Gotta' go buy a package of bacon for some BLTs too. DH likes bacon fine, but I'm not a great fan, so it's usually weeks between packages in this house. Is that blasphemy?

And Linda, I definitely will make the Thai cucumber salad! I like stuff like that anyway, and to have foods for DDs that are low cal and also delicious makes JUDDD an awfully easy and rewarding diet plan.
Old 08-16-2011, 06:22 PM   #251

OK, this is the end of the second *experimental* Down Day, and there was no particular hunger or undue appetite today any more than any other Down Day. It was simply No Big Deal.

Today's foods were:
B - a big egg salad with just the whites, mixed with fat free mayo and miracle whip, yellow mustard and sugar free pickle relish, and some chopped onion.
L - 4 ounces of ripe cantaloupe... (this one is a good one Yum)
S - a really big plate-filling stir fry of broccoli, onion, and chicken w/General Tso's sauce

I finished the day with 502 calories in a ratio of 22% fat, 43% protein, and 35% carbohydrate.

This broke down to 12 grams of fat, 52.7 grams of protein, and 45.7 grams of carbs with 7.2 fiber, so a net carb number of 38.5.

Tomorrow will be my first UD since starting the 2 and 1 cycling experiment. I look forward to it, but not to any particularly excited degree. It will be pleasant, but that is all. It's simply the Up Day. (Well... except I really do look forward to breakfast at the French place. LOL)

So far, I haven't noticed any less strength or energy from doing two back-to-back DDs instead of the single one. I worked hard today, and in fact, we now have a new storm door installed on the front, and I helped! Just call me Macho Macho Woman!

Hope you all had a great day!
Old 08-16-2011, 08:03 PM   #252
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Maryo
Stats: 220/127/120 5'5", 50+
WOE: Atkins/Primal
Start Date: March 2011 (restart)
Liz, I can answer some of your questions, although this is just how *I* do it - there seem to be as many ways of doing JUDDD as there are folks posting here. I'm in the "induction" phase, as I cycled back to low carb for awhile and I've just started JUDDD again within the week. I am trying to keep my down day calories around 350, although I'm OK with going up to 500 if I need to. My first DD I was in the 400's, the last one was around 300 and I did 348 today. I have not used prepared shakes, but I do make my own shake for breakfast. I use a no carb/no fat whey isolate protein powder and a cup of almond milk, plus DaVinci syrup and ice cubes. It has 120 calories. I've tried having 2 shakes in a day, but it's hard to keep the calories below 350 if I have more than 1 shake. After the first two weeks I intend to go up to 500 calories on the down days - 350 is too restrictive to do on any long term basis. I do about 1200 on up days. I also stick to low carb while doing JUDDD. For me that's less than 25 net carbs a day. My main reason for sticking with the low carbs is that I want the hunger suppression. Plus I intend to eat low carb forever because it's not difficult for me and I feel great doing it. Low carb is the way of eating that works the best for me, so I couldn't come up with a good reason to abandon it. For someone who doesn't get the benefits of low carbing that I do, I don't see any need to do JUDDD low carb.

Good luck with JUDDD!

Macho Macho Woman, I'm glad to hear that your second DD in a row wasn't difficult. Let us know if you see any up day differences after two down days. Hmmm, does this new name mean that we have to refer to Mr. SoHappy as Mr. Macho? He might like that.

Linda, I'm going to have to try your cucumber dish - I'll be running to the store tomorrow to get the ingredients.
Maryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 08:03 PM   #253
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: penguinpower
WOE: Thinking of trying NK
I hope you will enjoy the omelet as much as we do! For me, I prefer to use very thin slices of tomato - when they are as tasty as they are right now, thick slices can totally overwhelm the flavor of the egg. When you get the proportion right....mmmmm...omelet heaven!

Linda, I am definitely going to make the salad. I love cucumbers and still have some growing in my patio pots - they'll be perfect in the salad.

Which reminds me - JonJon, cukes are cucumbers!
penguinpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 04:36 AM   #254
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: JonJon
Stats: 110kg/80kg/70kg
WOE: Atkins/JUDDD
Start Date: Feb 2011
Cucumbers!!!!!!!!!!
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 05:05 AM   #255
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Glory2Him
Good morning!

Loving this thread and all the great info!!

I've been on LC JUDDD before and had great success, but got sidelined for a while and gained some weight back. I like PenguinPower deal with appetite and deprivation issues. I am hungry ALL the time!

So, I'm putting my toes back into the JUDDD end of the pool and hoping and praying for the best.

I have to go out of town for 5 days soon when my hubby has surgery and we'll be in a motel with no cooking / cooling features, so I'm trying to plan what I can take. So far, we are planning on a small frig and a countertop oven (NuWave) so I may be able to make it through sticking to JUDDD. Hope so!

Anyway, nice to meet you all and join this journey with you.
Glory2Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 05:23 AM   #256
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: laceymichelle
Stats: 150/127/125
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: July 12
Well unfortunately this woe had brought up some demons from my past....binging/purging. Good luck to all of u. I have to go back to vlc
laceymichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 05:30 AM   #257

Welcome, Glory2Him! I'm so glad you are joining us again. This is really encouraging and supportive group, and it's great that you will be adding to our discussions and to our fun.
Old 08-17-2011, 05:37 AM   #258

I'm sorry you've run into your old demons from your past, laceymichelle. Good luck with your return to a plan that brings you what you need for good mental and physical health. You certainly have to follow a plan design that will strengthen you rather than weaken you when it comes to facing your binge/purge issues. You have my very best wishes for a healthy and happy future!
Old 08-17-2011, 05:52 AM   #259
Big Yapper!!!!

Well I am not so young SoHappy, I will be 50 in Dec., but I think I will try allowing myself up to 1800 cals if I am truly hungry. Today is my first UD and I haven't eaten yet but I know once I start the hunger switch will turn on. I am so glad I fasted yesterday I feel so much better physically and mentally not to mention I lost 5 lbs. of bloat! I bet you are ready for an up day too! I didn't catch why you did the two down days.

Last edited by jeaniem; 08-17-2011 at 05:54 AM..
Old 08-17-2011, 05:53 AM   #260
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by laceymichelle View Post
Well unfortunately this woe had brought up some demons from my past....binging/purging. Good luck to all of u. I have to go back to vlc
I hope you find what works for you!
Old 08-17-2011, 06:01 AM   #261
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Glory2Him
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
Welcome, Glory2Him! I'm so glad you are joining us again. This is really encouraging and supportive group, and it's great that you will be adding to our discussions and to our fun.
Thank you SOHappy! I'm glad to be here.

I've been LCing to get back on track this week and doing better, but still deal with extreme hunger issues, so I'm checking out your menu / recipe threads for some low cal, but filling ideas.

I was reading how PenguinPower makes her own shakes and I do as well, I use unsweetened almond milk, egg white powder, flax seed, cinnamon and chia seed gel sweetened with stevia to make a full blender container and I drink that through the day. IT helps if I drink some in-between meals and before meals.

I just started (or re-started) using ****** and I'm going to figure out my UP and DD numbers so I won't feel deprived.

Thanks for the welcome and all the friendliness and support in this group!
Glory2Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 06:26 AM   #262
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: DWhalen4
Stats: 255/225/150
WOE: Atkins / JUDDD
Start Date: 6/1/11
Good morning all

Today is a down day. I spent 2 hours last nite trying to "decide" what to eat today. I'm having some lowcarb issues. I don't want to do restrictive lowcarb for life, I know I will not be able to do that. However its very hard to move away from something that is working.

I'm planning my day, apples, melon, green beans, carrots and freaking out at the carb count.

I much preferred Monday when I fasted. No choices, just water and one cup of coffee. The only thing keeping me from that today is that the dr put me on some meds Friday and I don't think I should take them while fasting. Turns out I have an ulcer, so I just started taking Sucralfate, plus an antibiotic.

Up day went fine. I had 1570 calories but even then I had 38.4 net carbs. Still high but it did not seem as bad compared to 1570 calories as that same carb count in a 500 calorie day. I'm a bit ocd

I'm going on a cruise in 2 weeks and dont want a sudden gain, would prefer to lose a bit more before then.

I've been tweaking atkins so much its not even atkins anymore lol. My losses for the last couple weeks have slowed, with lots of up and down but the general trend is still down. I'm ok with that while I'm trying to find my comfort zone. I've been upping the carbs slowly and experimenting with some baked goods

My ocd won't let me stop obsessing about how I will maintain the loss, so then I freak out and give up. Thus the tweaking and trying to figure out maintenance before I'm done with the losing portion of the program.

Sooooo to sum it all up... to carb or not to carb? I'm terrified of not getting purple pee on my stick lol.
DWhalen4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 07:11 AM   #263

Quote:
Originally Posted by laceymichelle View Post
Please stop in to say hi once in a while!
Old 08-17-2011, 07:22 AM   #264

Glory2him So nice to have you on board!! It's a great plan and I will never eat any other way!!

DWhalen4 Morning to you! Planning does take time in the beginning but after a few weeks when you have input most of the foods you usually eat in your food tracker of choice, planning is a snap; just pick, click and go on your food journal!

I had to re-program my mind about the carbs too, and what I did was just take them OUT of my journal (you can do this in Fat Secret) for about 5 or 6 days until I got the mind set that it was calories I was concerned about right now, and NOT carbs. I had no problem doing this because VLC/LLC was NOT working for me, at all, I was gaining weight the more I restricted my carbs. Upping the carbs has made all the different in my weight loss/maintenance.

JUDDD is not about carb counting, even though some of us still look to see how much we are eating. Also, I like to think veggie/fruit carbs are good carbs, so I don't stress about the count when I know I'm eating healthy veggies and fruits and that is where my carbs are coming from. If the carbs were coming from processed, junky foods, I would have a problem with that, I'm sure.

Hope this helps some and hope this WOE works for you!!
Old 08-17-2011, 07:56 AM   #265

Quote:
Well I am not so young SoHappy, I will be 50 in Dec., but I think I will try allowing myself up to 1800 cals if I am truly hungry. Today is my first UD and I haven't eaten yet but I know once I start the hunger switch will turn on. I am so glad I fasted yesterday I feel so much better physically and mentally not to mention I lost 5 lbs. of bloat! I bet you are ready for an up day too! I didn't catch why you did the two down days.
I sure do understand what you are talking about when you say that once you first eat, that triggers the appetite to turn on for the day. I'm much the same way.

Some days I do eat *breakfast* early on in the day, but most days I don't eat anything until almost midday. Other than coffee w/half & half, which seems to keep me from getting hungry, or plain hot tea on my DDs, which I don't adore as much as my coffee!

I try to eat for the first time about midday, then either a very small snack late, late in the afternoon or sometimes not, and then a good supper. And then.... I make sure I have left something for my evening snacking. I don't really eat any more than I would otherwise, I just sort of tilt the timing of those meals back further into the day and evening than most folks do. It works for me.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:09 AM   #266

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWhalen4 View Post
Today is a down day. I spent 2 hours last nite trying to "decide" what to eat today. I'm having some lowcarb issues. I don't want to do restrictive lowcarb for life, I know I will not be able to do that. However its very hard to move away from something that is working.

I'm planning my day, apples, melon, green beans, carrots and freaking out at the carb count.

I much preferred Monday when I fasted. No choices, just water and one cup of coffee. The only thing keeping me from that today is that the dr put me on some meds Friday and I don't think I should take them while fasting. Turns out I have an ulcer, so I just started taking Sucralfate, plus an antibiotic.

Up day went fine. I had 1570 calories but even then I had 38.4 net carbs. Still high but it did not seem as bad compared to 1570 calories as that same carb count in a 500 calorie day. I'm a bit ocd

I'm going on a cruise in 2 weeks and dont want a sudden gain, would prefer to lose a bit more before then.

I've been tweaking atkins so much its not even atkins anymore lol. My losses for the last couple weeks have slowed, with lots of up and down but the general trend is still down. I'm ok with that while I'm trying to find my comfort zone. I've been upping the carbs slowly and experimenting with some baked goods

My ocd won't let me stop obsessing about how I will maintain the loss, so then I freak out and give up. Thus the tweaking and trying to figure out maintenance before I'm done with the losing portion of the program.

Sooooo to sum it all up... to carb or not to carb? I'm terrified of not getting purple pee on my stick lol.
LOL, DWhalen. I bought one bottle of the keto sticks when I first started years ago, and never used any again. I've lost the pounds that I shed and probably wasn't in ketosis much during that time. For me, the purple pee isn't important.

For myself, the number of carbs I eat is fairly unimportant. I don't intentionally try to add carbs in, I just enjoy all vegetables and fruits a lot and intend to include them quite a bit in my diet, so the carbs are just the carbs.. I let them build up to whatever level they come in at. I concentrate only on staying within my calorie limits. -- but I will say one thing, and it's that even when I include so many veggies and fruit, the carbs are still what would be considered a *low carb* diet. I, personally, just refer to it as a moderate carb level, as opposed to a very low carb level, which never worked one iota for me!

Try not to obsess much. Once you get the hang of it, it's very simple and easy to do. I expect you will zero in on meal plans that you enjoy on your DDs, and the quantities that add up only to the calorie level you are holding to, and after that all you have to do is choose those meals again. Easy Peasy. Like so many who just eat the same basic low carb foods over and over because it's just so easy.

Wonderful to hear from you here! Post often with us.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:38 AM   #267
Big Yapper!!!!

DWhalen4

I think a lot of us have found that we do well with healthy moderate carbs, not candy and donuts of course. High fat only makes me one of two things nauseated or hungrier. I found more carbs as long as calories were in check did not cause me to gain even before I started JUDD.
Old 08-17-2011, 11:04 AM   #268
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Moonchild
Stats: (272 first go around) 219/190/180
WOE: LC
Start Date: restart Sept 02, 2013
YUM .. i must check out the cucumber salad Beeb mentioned! I adore cucumbers! Cream cheese in omelettes is the best cheese for me! LOVE the creaminess it offers. Come to think of it, even the few deserts I have enjoyed are all creamy .. puddings, "____ cream pie", Tiramisu. Most soups that I enjoy the most (other than my fave which is Tuscany) is a "cream of ____" soup. LOL .. I guess cream is my thing!

I was thinking with JUDDD the whole "magic" of it is .. well .. just about anyone can lose weight on a 1000 cal. a day diet. Even with Atkins it comes down to calories in the long run ... the "magic" there is fat and protein fills you up so you don't need to eat as much. So, with JUDDD .. since my DD are around 500 cals and my UD are 1500 cals ... well that averages out to the same as 1000 cals per day. NO WAY could I handle doing just 1000 cals every day! JUDDD allows me to restrict on one day knowing it will always be less than 24 hours before I can enjoy what I consider to be "the good stuff". YAAAAYYY!!! So now as long as it doesn't cause me to start old habits of binging/purging (I don't think it will since I am still keeping carbs fairly low at this point) than this will definitely be my WOE for life!

I weighed today and had lost weight. I am not going to change my stats just yet though because the past two months of going up and down the same 5 pounds have made me wary of celebrating a loss anymore. If it is still down in a few days .. I shall claim it!

I had not had any fruit in 3 months so my first strawberry was out of this world delicious! That was a few days ago. Then last night I made white chocolate covered strawberries and the whole family loved them .. even DH and he doesn't usually like white chocolate. I didn't want to make a lot, so I just melted 1 Tbls Butter and 1 Tbls coconut oil together in a bowl. Added 2 packets of splenda and stirred until dissolved. Then I added 1 capful of vanilla and 2 TBLS heavy cream and stirred until smooth and thickened. Then I dipped the cold strawberries in the chocolate. I added just a touch of cocoa to the little remaining chocolate .. heated it just a tad so it would drip better .. and then drizzled the dark chocolate over the white chocolate strawberries. They were beautiful and VERY TASTY! It was so good that it totally satisfied my sweet craving and I ate only one. YAAAY!

Rt. ear was really, really hurting last night and still today. I may not be on much .. but know I think the world of all of you and am so happy we are in this together!

Oh .. Beeb .. LOVE your psychic blog!
Old 08-17-2011, 11:07 AM   #269

Gallery: wifey
Stats: goal is size 10
I need to get to my butt to the store! lol I want to start tomorrow. My step dad had a heart attack so I've been busy worrying about that. He is having bypass surgery in a few minutes.
wifey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 11:15 AM   #270

Quote:
Originally Posted by wifey View Post
I need to get to my butt to the store! lol I want to start tomorrow. My step dad had a heart attack so I've been busy worrying about that. He is having bypass surgery in a few minutes.
Oh, No! That is awful. I'll say a prayer for his well-being and complete recovery.

Glad you are going to be starting with us tomorrow! This is such an easy plan, after awhile you've pretty much zeroed in on your DD foods and amounts and then it's almost like a habit of what you're going to eat on those days. And that simplicity and effectiveness releases you to enjoy your UD foods and meals pretty much as you want to. (Within reason! There does need to be some upper limit to that..... LOL)

Hope everything goes well for your step dad and this surgery he is having today!