Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2011, 08:36 PM   #181
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Salamander
Stats: 5'0"- 43
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: Feb 08
JonJon!
Beeb, great job on the goal weight again!
Moon, sorry to hear about your health issue... I am thinking about you.

Today was a medium day. Didn't eat until 1pm, then had a beef hot dog with mustard and cottage cheese. Later snacked on a homemade LC peanut butter choc chip brownie and cashews. Dinner was pork ribs with homemade BBQ sauce and pasta salad (Dreamfields, tuna, mayo, cucumber... yummers). I didn't eat much food, but it was higher cals and fat. I made a pot of chicken and cabbage soup for the upcoming down days this week.

I look forward to the reports on the 2 days down/1 up experiment
Salamander is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-2011, 10:52 PM   #182
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Maryo
Stats: 220/127/120 5'5", 50+
WOE: Atkins/Primal
Start Date: March 2011 (restart)
Well, I did it- a tad over 300 calories for my down day today. I had a protein shake for breakfast and salads for lunch and dinner. The Walden Farms no cal/no carb dressings are most excellent on down days! I'm not particularly hungry, but mentally I'm feeling a bit deprived. Since it's only my 2nd down day for this go round, that's not surprising. Here's hoping the scale recognizes my efforts.

I am also looking forward to the reports on the DD/DD/UD experiment. I'm not sure I'm ready to start doing two down days in a row, but I'm very curious to see how it works. Can't wait to hear from our resident guinea pigs.
Maryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 04:26 AM   #183
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: JonJon
Stats: 110kg/80kg/70kg
WOE: Atkins/JUDDD
Start Date: Feb 2011
My thoughts are with u moon!!

Gl to all trying thw DD, DD, UD experiment. Let us all know how it goes

Last edited by JonJon; 08-15-2011 at 04:27 AM..
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 06:34 AM   #184
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
A couple of days ago, momof3heathens posted: "..........I am finding it incredibly difficult to keep my up days in check...........would this work if I had 2 down days for every 1 up day.........." So we'll just jump right in there and see how that works!

Today I will start my portion of the experiment to have only one Up Day following TWO Down Days in a row.....

We are wondering if this more extreme rotation schedule might be a way to keep overall calories within limits in a new manner. I'm in on the experiment, and am looking forward to seeing how it goes.

I have been happy to maintain at my current weight and condition.. not as slim as I could be, but no longer the obese woman I had grown to be. And I've been maintaining my weight quite happily and easily on JUDDD, and pretty able to do JUDDD in a somewhat "casual" manner to make maintenance happen too. LOL

But to make this experiment really prove out, I think I need to help prove that it will actually promote weight loss when done in this manner, which is the desired result, of course, so I will aim to lose some pounds on this new calorie cycling design.

Mom... you already started, didn't you? After a wonderful Family Reunion weekend, I'm ready to start the first of the two DDs this morning. I plan to post what I eat for my meals and in what quantities. Then as the days go by, I'll post how I am feeling, my level of strength and energy and my mental attitude.

I expect to do my normal exercise routines, sometimes my health club and sometimes floor exercises in my own home, as well as walking. Another thing I'm going to do is spend a bit more time in housework and various projects around my home. I decided it might be fun to work harder on the two DDs and relax more and play more on my UDs.

At the moment, I believe I'll do Monday & Tuesday DDs with Wednesday an UD. Then I'll follow with Thursday and Friday DDs with Saturday an UD, and probably Sunday a MD.

I'm still thinking about what the calories should logically be for all of these days to make this workable and healthful for me as the individual I am and my physical needs. Will chart everything and adjust up or down as I see how this goes.

Will stick to a 500 calorie Down Day for this first day. This will be interesting.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 07:40 AM   #185
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: JUDDD
Sohappy---with all the newbies, maybe we should mention that 2 downdays in a row is not recommended for JUDDD--and that you have done this for a long time and now have license to experiment--I know Leo has been quick to point this out when newbies want to do 2 DD's in a row--it is different for you, because you have been doing this a long long time--but I wouldn't want any of the newbies to think that it is a good plan for them--Hope you don't mind me butting in--
ouizoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 08:08 AM   #186

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouizoid View Post
Sohappy---with all the newbies, maybe we should mention that 2 downdays in a row is not recommended for JUDDD--and that you have done this for a long time and now have license to experiment--I know Leo has been quick to point this out when newbies want to do 2 DD's in a row--it is different for you, because you have been doing this a long long time--but I wouldn't want any of the newbies to think that it is a good plan for them--Hope you don't mind me butting in--
You aren't butting in, and I'm so very glad you did point out that this isn't as JUDDD is written, which I think I did talk about previously when I discussed this with Momof3heathens, and 2 and 1 isn't the rotation outlined in the true and absolute JUDDD plan. So if you are a newbie, you might well be advised to follow the pure plan, as it was devised, and fully expect wonderful results.

Calorie restriction and fasting at many calorie levels and for many reasons has been done forever, particularly coupled with religious and meditative periods, and hardly anybody really believes there is any problem with including some days of semi-fasting in your ongoing diet plan or in your life. Except when abuse starts. Unless you lean toward disordered eating, etc.

So I'm certainly not advising anyone to join me in alternating 2 and 1, rather than doing 1 and 1. I'm just volunteering to be a test subject to this particular idea.

And, too, JUDDD is certainly not the only plan of calorie cycling, and alternating days of high and low calories has been done informally by lots of folks who didn't even know they were doing "calorie cycling"... they just ate scantily for a couple of days after they'd overindulged for some reason, or they ate scantily for a couple of days in preparation for a big event that was coming up that they wanted to be able to indulge in at a level far above what was their normal ongoing dietary level.

Personally, I don't think there will be any problems about alternating in this manner, as it isn't really anything new particularly. It just isn't JUDDD in its written pure form by the book. But few here at LCF seem to follow any diet as it was truly written. (Look at the way *Atkins* is done here, and you see great variance in how folks choose to follow it in their own diets.) I'm not a rigid personality type, so utter control and focus and following-the-book-to-the-letter isn't a very important thing to me. But I certainly don't advise anyone else to jump into this, or into JUDDD at all, if this isn't a plan that will be helpful to their mental health as well as their weight loss and physical well being and happiness.

We'll see how it goes for me. And I hope Mom will report her experiences and thoughts about this too as the days go by.

And I will add..... I certainly don't intend to eat on this 2 and 1, 2 and 1 schedule forever. I need to be able to go up to my favorite little French restaurant more often than just a couple of days a week. That's sort of where we like to go for breakfast many days a week!
Old 08-15-2011, 08:44 AM   #187
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: momof3heathens
Stats: 388/315/150
WOE: Atkins/JUDDD/IF?
Start Date: Always a startdate
Well I have 2 dd under my belt. Day one on a scale of 1-5 with 1 being no issues and 5 being kill me now issues I would give it a 1.25 overall. Day two I would give it 1.75 overall but I think that has more to do with my poor sleeping issues and being awake in the middle of night with nothing to do I would have normally eaten. Another thing to note is that I had to cook dinner twice yesterday as kids came home in shifts with friends and normally I would have said screw it and ate what was cooking as well but I had absolutely no problems with turning it down even though I could have technically ate it if I was doing low carb only. Today is an up day. I was a tad worried that I would be having a hard time as not only do I have to control myself to keep within the range but I have blood work this morning so I can't even eat before leaving the house. I plan on going to a shallow fit class after the labs as well so don't know when I will fit in eating this morning. I am not hungry at all.
momof3heathens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 09:03 AM   #188
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: laceymichelle
Stats: 150/127/125
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: July 12
After reading ALOT about Judd I'm going to give it a shot starting today with a DD. Vlc ( high fat and approx10 carbs) did nothing for me. In fact I'm pretty sure I gained...too scared to weigh right now. Today I'm shooting for 600 Cals, 52 prot, 46 carbs, 26 fat.
laceymichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 09:28 AM   #189
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: phatjow
Stats: 240/201.8/170
WOE: LC/Calorie counting/8hr diet
Start Date: This time ..7/24/13
Hi all..ok I'm starting today JUDDD, I'm planning on eating mostly protein, as it helps my blood sugar and hunger, so, I'm excited to start my first DD...here's to new starts!
phatjow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 09:32 AM   #190
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by laceymichelle View Post
After reading ALOT about Judd I'm going to give it a shot starting today with a DD. Vlc ( high fat and approx10 carbs) did nothing for me. In fact I'm pretty sure I gained...too scared to weigh right now. Today I'm shooting for 600 Cals, 52 prot, 46 carbs, 26 fat.
!! Hope you like JUDDD and keep us informed of your progress! Your DD sounds very much like mine (I do 100 cals more) but the F/P/C are about where mine would be on a DD.

Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 09:36 AM   #191

Wow! Welcome to all of our Newcomers! I hope you enjoy this way of eating as much as I do, and find it as enjoyable to exchange a day of modest eating for a day of more abundant eating..... and still find the excess weight melting away too. For me, JUDDD is like being able to be on a *diet* only half the time, and still experience the weight loss most diets made me work every single day for!

My day is speeding by. I've just now brewed a cup of hot Earl Grey tea to start my day with. I have half a dozen entire chicken legs, drumsticks and thighs, in roasting. I'll take the meat off the bones later. I have stripped our bed and the guest room bed, and have my first load of laundry in. The other laundry is sorted into piles, and now I'm ready to vacuum the carpeting in our breakfast room (who would carpet that??? ), and then I'm going to use the carpet shampooer in there.

Hope you all are having a good and productive JUDDD day!
Old 08-15-2011, 09:46 AM   #192

Momof3, sounds like you're well on your way. You had said that your worst problem didn't have anything to do with your Down Days.. that you could hold those calories down without too much trouble.. but that you had a real hard time controlling your Up Day calories and not just letting yourself get too far out of control.

So this is a test day for you. You'll be seeing if having two DDs in a row seems to help with your appetite control on UDs, and whether you can maintain those days within reasonable calorie levels, and whether that combination of DDs & UDs will help you shed some pounds! Hang tough!!!!!

I'm not having one smidge of trouble with my DD today, but I usually don't at all. I'm staying busy, so that takes a person's mind off of food anyway, and I'm cooking chicken, so for some reason when I'm doing food prep, it's almost as though my brain thinks I've eaten. Instead of it making me hungry, it seems to satisfy any hunger I might have been feeling. (For awhile, anyway.) LOL
Old 08-15-2011, 10:17 AM   #193
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: penguinpower
WOE: Going back to JUDDD
{{{{Moon}}}} You will be in my thoughts and prayers for sure!

Welcome to all newbies!

I will be watching the double DD experiment with interest. My initial reaction to the idea is - no way for me! But who knows, I may be inspired by your successes and give it a whirl at some point. Experimentation is a great thing and I commend you all for shaking things up!

As expected, I way overdid it at the wedding and a picnic over the weekend, and am up a few pounds. Today's a DD and I sure do need it! So far I've only had coffee with some SF creamer. For later, I am making a yummy cold soup recipe from the main recipe section - http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...rden-soup.html

Edited to add: Just did a quick calorie calculation and it looks like the whole recipe comes in at about 275 calories for the soup only - adding sour cream or yogurt would of course up that amount. This is a really good DD bargain!

I made this late last week and it was really good. We have loads of fresh tomatoes and cukes right now, so this is perfect! I also added in some finely shredded fresh basil-mmmm. I didn't figure out the calories then, but will do so at some point today. For today's DD I will substitute a tablespoon or so of FF plain yogurt to my servings.

SoHappy, your day makes me tired just reading about it. You must be a real dynamo. That sounds like about three days' worth of housework to me, and on a DD yet... Good thing my DH doesn't read these boards.

Last edited by penguinpower; 08-15-2011 at 10:34 AM..
penguinpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 10:46 AM   #194

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinpower View Post
{{{{Moon}}}} You will be in my thoughts and prayers for sure!

Welcome to all newbies!

I will be watching the double DD experiment with interest. My initial reaction to the idea is - no way for me! But who knows, I may be inspired by your successes and give it a whirl at some point. Experimentation is a great thing and I commend you all for shaking things up!

As expected, I way overdid it at the wedding and a picnic over the weekend, and am up a few pounds. Today's a DD and I sure do need it! So far I've only had coffee with some SF creamer. For later, I am making a yummy cold soup recipe from the main recipe section - http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...rden-soup.html

Edited to add: Just did a quick calorie calculation and it looks like the whole recipe comes in at about 275 calories for the soup only - adding sour cream or yogurt would of course up that amount. This is a really good DD bargain!

I made this late last week and it was really good. We have loads of fresh tomatoes and cukes right now, so this is perfect! I also added in some finely shredded fresh basil-mmmm. I didn't figure out the calories then, but will do so at some point today. For today's DD I will substitute a tablespoon or so of FF plain yogurt to my servings.

SoHappy, your day makes me tired just reading about it. You must be a real dynamo. That sounds like about three days' worth of housework to me, and on a DD yet... Good thing my DH doesn't read these boards.
Oh, I remember that recipe, Donna! And it is good. I haven't made that in so long. I'll have to gather together the ingredients and try it out again one of these days.

Glad you had fun at the wedding and picnic! And you overdid it. I absolutely count on being able to overdo at functions and events like those. That's a little bit of the joy of life! So, oh, well. That's why we do JUDDD... so we can sometimes overdo it, and then tighten our eating back up and drop those few pounds again. Some diet plans aren't very forgiving, and if you blow it, you must take several days to get back into weight loss once again. But with JUDDD, the instant you are dropping those calories below maintenance again, you are immediately undoing the high calorie indulgences. Woo Hoo!

And as to your comment about me being a dynamo, I'm like that only off and on, much like JUDDD. I have my busy bee days, and then I have my couch potato days. But I decided this morning that it will work nicely for me to try to include my *busy work* with my DDs, and then take off and play and indulge in every way on my UDs. That way we can just take off and play on those days and enjoy as though they are little mini-vacations, and the housework will still be kept up. LOL

Enjoying my Earl Grey tea right now. Ready to pop another big cookie sheet full of chicken legs in the oven, and making the beds next.
Old 08-15-2011, 11:38 AM   #195
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Moonchild
Stats: (272 first go around) 219/190/180
WOE: LC
Start Date: restart Sept 02, 2013
Hiya Everyone! TY so much for your thoughts and prayers. Just so you know, I don't plan to be a "gloomy gus" at all. Been through things like this before (had cancer of the uterus when I was only 23) and it all worked out fine. I drank tea made with yellow root 3 times per day so that by the time they did the surgery I did not have chemo radiation or anything. To this day I still swear it was my attitude and the yellow root that helped tremendously (I honestly think, if they would do the studies, they would find yellow root is the perfect cure for several types of cancer and AIDS. I had my brother start drinking it when he had prostate cancer because he refused to do chemo .... he was cured). So no matter what, I will either be fine here .. or I will get to see my Mom and Dad again ... win-win! I looked online and found yellow root can be bought now already in little tea bags. YAAAAY!

So today I am back on track. I had a chicken carcass saved from when the family had rotisserie chicken last week. It did not have much meat on it, but I froze it anyways just to have for soup later. So today I used that carcass plus added two small chicken breast tenderloins to it and made a chicken and cabbage soup (had one green onion and what was left of my broccoli and cauliflower raw mix I was eating on last week so I added them to the pot). It is 1:26 p.m. now and I am eating for the first time today. the soup is delish, low in cals and low in carbs so I am good to go! I think I will eat just this soup today and tomorrow to help get me back in control. If I see I need something different, then I may have a salad since I do have iceberg in the fridge.

BTW, I was doing some reading earlier ... and did you know it is recommended to have
4-6 oz. protein per meal? OMGoodness! That is 300-510 grams per day! I looked at ****** and I have never eat more than 126 grams protein a day .. and usually way less than that. I know there is no reason to eat more than what I am hungry for .. stop eating once full ... but now I am wondering if my protein should be upped some. ???

Sometimes I wonder if knowledge truly is power ... because back when I did Atkin's the first time .. I did not worry about getting "too much protein" .. had no idea at the time that too much protein could make the body use it before using the fat ... so I ate pretty much nothing but protein along with one salad everyday .. and the weight melted off so fast (97 pounds in 5 months). It was easy then ... I worked at a restaurant so I was able to eat 2-3 pieces of bacon .. then 30 minutes later have a piece of sausage if I wanted it .. a little later graze on a chicken breast .. etc.

Well for now I plan to keep it simple and stop over-thinking everything. i am going to enjoy my soup.
Old 08-15-2011, 11:53 AM   #196

I just made a delicious thai cucumber salad I found on line, very low cal!! Also making a Quinoa/chicken/veggie dish later for dinner that I made up. Made penquin's brownie muffin thing and will have that later tonight as a snack. All total I am only at 565 calories right now and that is with all the food I plan to eat! With my usual 700 cal DD it still eaves room for a "little" snack later, if I'm so inclined!

I will post these recipes when I get the chance. Weight is holding steady at 145 and I'm very happy about this!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”
Old 08-15-2011, 12:31 PM   #197

Still enjoying my second cup of Earl Grey tea and also just finished my bowl of fruit that I prepared this morning and set in the refrig to stay chilled.. 4 oz. of cantaloupe chunks with 1/4 cup of blueberries. This made a nice bowlful.

I don't count whatever calories might be in a cup of tea, just my *food*, so the fruit bowl came out to be only 59 calories. A mighty delicious 59 calories.

I'll have the rest of my *breakfast* in another hour or two.
Old 08-15-2011, 12:59 PM   #198

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
Still enjoying my second cup of Earl Grey tea and also just finished my bowl of fruit that I prepared this morning and set in the refrig to stay chilled.. 4 oz. of cantaloupe chunks with 1/4 cup of blueberries. This made a nice bowlful.

I don't count whatever calories might be in a cup of tea, just my *food*, so the fruit bowl came out to be only 59 calories. A mighty delicious 59 calories.

I'll have the rest of my *breakfast* in another hour or two.
So glad you said this!! Was thinking of not doing it either, but....... Now I feel better!!
Old 08-15-2011, 01:13 PM   #199

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeb View Post
So glad you said this!! Was thinking of not doing it either, but....... Now I feel better!!
Ha! Naw...... when it comes to tea, how do you know how much steeped into the hot water? Sometimes I make the tea, and forget it's got the teabag in there, so that's a stronger cup. Sometimes I reuse the teabag, and that's a weaker cup. Pffffffetttt... I just don't worry about it. LOL

Now, coffee I do, just because I started out that way and have that already in ******, and, I drink that lightened with 2 tablespoons of half & half.. so coffee gets added into my day's totals.

I'm not a purist, and I'm not anal... *close enough* is..... close enough.
Old 08-15-2011, 02:07 PM   #200
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: penguinpower
WOE: Going back to JUDDD
Beeb - thanks for posting those recipes. They sound great!

Well, it turns out it is a good thing I had no appetite today, because a friend in dire need of an evening out called, and I still have almost all my DD calories left! We're gonna hit the Thai place that has a dinner using shirataki noodles. I'm really loving JUDDD today!

Also, I am really inspired to buckle down and get another 10 pounds off. Once I do that I'll be OVERWEIGHT woo hoo! No more obese for me. And when I'm overweight I ought to be able to find a lower-cost health insurance plan (I pay my own, ouch). Costco just developed a health care insurance program - and the prices are waaaaaay less than I'm paying. As soon as I am overweight, I'm gonna apply!

Inspired by SoHappy's industriousness, I cleaned out a drawer today. Threw away an entire bag full of old underwear that doesn't fit anymore. I'm gonna need that space for purty new things when I start buying clothes again next year.
penguinpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 02:15 PM   #201
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Pugmama
Hey Y'all!
School has started back up, so here I am! I have maintained all summer (no, I did not do our way of eating---hubby wanted to go out to eat at least three times a week and I was there!!!). Today was my first real DD since the spring. Looks like we have some new faces! I will try and stop in each day. I want to look at some of the posts and catch up...not sure how long that will take me.
Love to all,
Liz
Pugmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 02:22 PM   #202
Junior LCF Member

Go, Penguinpower!!! That must be a fantastic feeling!
O.K., the hub has announced that after we workout on Fridays together, then we will eat Subway. I could make that a moderate day. Eat light during the day. They do have great salads with grilled chicken strips...I love bread, though...I need to get one of their booklets that has their calorie info on it. I am not used to walking all over the school...just what I need! I am a Special Education teacher so I go into other rooms. That is good for me to get additional exercise. Signing off and going to workout--a light workout for a DD. I know we aren't supposed to be doing a heavy workout on these days...no one has to tell me that! I feel it!!
Old 08-15-2011, 02:25 PM   #203
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Erin57
Stats: 220/158/145 5'9"
WOE: Moderate Carb/IF
Start Date: April 2010
OK, So Happy and Beep have convinced me to come over to the dark side!!

I’ve been Paleo for several months now with no gluten or dairy due to health issues. I have been slowly gaining weight while keeping my carbs at about 40-60 per day from mostly veggie sources. Low carb does not seem to control my hunger AT ALL.

I ordered Dr. Johnson’s book and read it last week. I started my first down day on Saturday at 500 calories. I was surprised at how easy it was. I’m on DD 2 today and I’m feeling great!!

I’m not going to weigh until this Saturday so I will report any loss then. I honestly cannot believe how easy this has been for me. I wanted to test it out on Saturday before I decided because I honestly did not know how I would do on it.

Beep, you have been a great sales person for this as well as So Happy. If I had not read your comments about this so often I would never have popped into this part of the site. Thank you both for this!!

Last edited by Erin57; 08-15-2011 at 02:26 PM..
Erin57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 02:28 PM   #204
Junior LCF Member

What happened to RealFoodLiving (I think that's right). Also, Eden used to post a lot. Well, looking forward to getting to know others!
Liz in TN
SoHappy: I drink Earl Grey decaf EVERY day. Love that stuff!!
Old 08-15-2011, 03:58 PM   #205
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Moonchild
Stats: (272 first go around) 219/190/180
WOE: LC
Start Date: restart Sept 02, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin57 View Post
OK, So Happy and Beep have convinced me to come over to the dark side!!

Beep, you have been a great sales person for this as well as So Happy. If I had not read your comments about this so often I would never have popped into this part of the site. Thank you both for this!!
^^^THIS^^^

Reading things Beep had to say about JUDDD over at the main forum with her success, and then getting all the wonderful info from SoHappy and hearing of her success, ... how could a girl not give it a try?
Moonchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 04:22 PM   #206

Just ate a little bit again. I just skipped the rest of my planned breakfast, which is a small bowl of oatmeal with some Walden Farms Maple Pancake Syrup and little Hood's Calorie Countdown milk and instead I just had>>>> a mock BLT Down Day sandwich.

I made some old fashioned Revolution Rolls with only 4 egg whites this morning. None of the yolks, and nothing else at all. Just the whites. I made 4 big rolls and just had two of them, spread thickly with Walden Farms Creamy Bacon Dressing, a big 1.6 oz slice of fresh summer tomato, a 1.2 oz wad of crispy lettuce, and plenty of salt and pepper. 48 calories! I'm cracking up! Not the best BLT I've ever had, but amazingly tasty for only 48 calories for a Down Day. And that's basically how I rank and rate Down Day foods and meals. They don't have to be truly great... but they have to be *pretty decent* for the low calories they're held to.

I still have another of the mock BLT sandwiches coming later, plus that bowl of oatmeal, and a chocolate protein shake yet to be made, so plenty of food for this evening later.. (it's 5:18 here right now), and that only brings the calories up to 375, so I'll probably snack on a bit of the chicken thigh meat to bring the calories up to 500 and bring my protein for the day comfortably over my needs. I'll figure and post ratios and percentages, etc. later.

I'm sure not hungry today. Maybe because I ate so very, very, very well over the weekend?
Old 08-15-2011, 04:43 PM   #207

Donna, have a great time and a great meal at your Thai place. Wish I could find somewhere around here that actually uses those noodles in an offering. If I don't fix them at home, I don't get noodles on a DD.

I'll be rooting for you to become overweight! It would be wonderful to be able to qualify for a lower cost insurance plan. You can do it, Dear Friend. Hang in there.

And I LOLOLOLed a lot at reading that you threw away a drawer-ful of underwear. Man, that is something I have to tackle one of these days too.

Pugmama, it's so good to see you posting here again! What a cute avatar pic. Is that a litter that you bred and whelped at your house?

I also have a DH who likes to eat out, as do I, so I usually need to be sticking to pretty decent Down Days in order to be able to enjoy meals out. He's finally pretty used to the fact that I prefer to eat here if it's a DD, but I'm sure happy to eat out when it's an UD!

We occasionally get a sandwich at Subway too. We like the roasted chicken breast on the Italian Herb and Cheese bread. With lots of fixin's.. Pretty yummy. Obviously that's why I have to keep my DDs in line. And we like the French place for pastries and coffee for breakfast occasionally.

And I miss RealFoodLiving here. She hasn't been here for a few months, but was always very encouraging to everyone and upbeat about JUDDD. She really rocked it! I think she held to 500 calorie Down Days, 1,500 calorie Up Days, and then a 1,000 calorie Medium Day most weeks, and she was really losing the pounds.

Erin, welcome!!! It's great to have you aboard. We have a lot of new faces here plus old hands on deck, so it's a lot of fun to visit and encourage each other and read about the meals that work well for others, share tricks, discuss products, sound the alert to others when we find a new food that might be of help, have shoulders to cry on if it comes to that, etc. This is a great bunch of folks.

And as to JUDDD itself, I hope this will turn out to be a plan that you adore! I love it! This plan has ended up giving me the best of all worlds when it comes to weight loss or maintenance combined with being able to enjoy fabulous meals, delightful party and festival foods, holiday banquets, etc... you get the idea.

Feel really free to ask questions of everyone here. So many of us do JUDDD a bit differently from one another, but I expect you will find the ways that work perfectly for you.

Glad you're here!

Last edited by SoHappy; 08-15-2011 at 04:45 PM..
Old 08-15-2011, 06:16 PM   #208
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: JonJon
Stats: 110kg/80kg/70kg
WOE: Atkins/JUDDD
Start Date: Feb 2011
Nice plan, Sohappy, let me know how it goes.

Ouizoid, theres no way I would try two DD in a row, I do not have the fortitude of the strong women here to withstand it!

Lacey, when I did high fat, low carb, I didnt experience the benefits that a lot of people have had. So I just did high protein and low carb, and ate fat if it was on the meat. Good luck on JUDDD!

Phatjow, woo! Welcome too. Another high protein buddy!

Penguin, whats a cuke? lol

Erin, this is the light side! The only dark thing about JUDDD I found was my first DD, lol. And I agree about beeb and sohappy being great at selling JUDDD, if they wrote a book Id buy it.

Down day for me today, not feeling that great. Don't know why, feel out of sorts. Not hungry at all. I have noticed I am not much interest eating these days. Maybe I have some issue I medicated with food that is coming up? Lol but I have no idea what it is!

I keep thinking about Kebabs on my down days, I think you call them gyros in America? But on my UD i have no desire to eat them.

I did over do drinking water on my last DD, my blood pressure spiked and my RHR rose quite a lot. I need to keep this in check a bit.

Glad to see this place is ROCKIN now, but hard to keep up with all of you! lol

I have been getting postural hypotension a lot more recently. But I have been intaking the correct amount of salt. I have no idea whats going on. If it keeps up I better go see my doc.
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 06:36 PM   #209

Hey, JonJon! How are you this morning? Is that you in the avatar picture? If so you look slim and gorgeous!

I had that positional hypotension many years ago too. Blood pressure was usually just on the very low side of *normal*, but BOY, I could sure get dizzy if I stood up too fast sometimes! If finally just went away as the years passed. I suppose instead of getting older and developing high blood pressure, I just got older and developed normal blood pressure. Anyway, you have my sympathy about it.

Hope you feel better as the day goes on. Nice to hear from you. It's evening for me in the central U.S., so I'm just about to tally up and post my nutritional counts for the day. See you later!
Old 08-15-2011, 06:42 PM   #210

Gallery: wifey
Stats: goal is size 10
marking my spot! Hi ya'll!
wifey is offline   Reply With Quote