Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2011, 04:50 PM   #151
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
SoHappy, I do feel blessed because I found a great WOE and am able to be on a board that is so encouraging, helpful and sharing!

I just love this WOE and this place!!

(Lips are sealed about the Ziti ......what time is dinner?!)
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2011, 06:09 PM   #152
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Salamander
Stats: 5'0"- 43
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: Feb 08
Oh sorry if I sounded like a Hard Nose on the 'don't drink your calories' rule. I didn't mean not to have any calories, but generally people that have the Frappachinos, Jamba Juices etc. are taking in hundreds of calories. I do love a little heavy cream or H&H in my coffee Maybe I should have said "don't drink your carbs' as most COMMERCIALLY prepared beverages have a lot of sugar. many people like to have fruit/protein smoothies for meals and i don't see any issue with that at all. For me, I need to chew/swallow to be satisfied.

The Monin syrup (I'm only speaking for the blackberry as I haven't tried the other flavors) is not very sweet at all. I used just a little (cuz I'mcheap) and the blackberry intesity was perfect but it wasn't sweet enough for me. Instead of using more syrup I put a drop of EZ Sweetz and then it was fabulous!
Salamander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 06:16 PM   #153
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamander View Post
Oh sorry if I sounded like a Hard Nose on the 'don't drink your calories' rule. I didn't mean not to have any calories, but generally people that have the Frappachinos, Jamba Juices etc. are taking in hundreds of calories. I do love a little heavy cream or H&H in my coffee Maybe I should have said "don't drink your carbs' as most COMMERCIALLY prepared beverages have a lot of sugar. many people like to have fruit/protein smoothies for meals and i don't see any issue with that at all. For me, I need to chew/swallow to be satisfied.

The Monin syrup (I'm only speaking for the blackberry as I haven't tried the other flavors) is not very sweet at all. I used just a little (cuz I'mcheap) and the blackberry intesity was perfect but it wasn't sweet enough for me. Instead of using more syrup I put a drop of EZ Sweetz and then it was fabulous!
No, No! You didn't sound hard-nosed at all, and I completely agree with you here.

And, yes, I've had some of those yummy beverage concoctions, and they are delicious. I can firmly believe that if I was still a slim little slip of a lady, I'd have them quite often. I only don't have them now because I can't do the calories and carbs that they add into my day. It's all slowed down now. When I was many years younger, I'd have been able to add those things to my days and not gain a pound!
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 06:30 PM   #154
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: operry1
Stats: SW=203/ CW=192/ GW=160-150
WOE: Low Carb my way 25-40 net carbs daily
Start Date: New start date-1/23/2012
Depending on the flavor maybe a smear of peanutbutter and a drizzle of honey or sugarfree syrup. I tried those before from aldi they are delicious. Try the veggie chips.
operry1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 07:59 PM   #155
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Maryo
Stats: 220/127/120 5'5", 50+
WOE: Atkins/Primal
Start Date: March 2011 (restart)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
Lordy, Woman! I'd have to be a bit stronger to do only 350 calorie Down Days, but I know there are folks who stay low on DDs like that and thrive. I just had to zero in at about 500 cals for myself. I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you, that this bit lower level helps you a little more too. What do you keep your UD calories to?
Well, I ended up with 415 calories, so I wasn't actually able to pull off the 350calories. D15 ate all the salad in the house (I bought two bags of it just last night!), so I ended up eating a mozzarella stick, a half cup of plain nonfat Greek yogurt and a cup of broccoli, which added up to a bit more than that salad would have. Oh well, the best laid plans. . . . Honestly, I'm thrilled I was able to limit it to 415 calories. As for up days, I'm usually in the 1200-1300 range and I'm pretty satisfied at that level. Regardless of whether it's an UD or a DD, I eat low carb, which for me is less than 25 net carbs, so I still have the appetite suppression thing going on.
Maryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 11:07 PM   #156
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: momof3heathens
Stats: 388/315/150
WOE: Atkins/JUDDD/IF?
Start Date: Always a startdate
I am finding it incredibly difficult to keep my up days in check. Surprisingly on my down days it is often I find I am way under my limit however with 5 years of not worrying about calories and increasing the fat/protein I am making so many mistakes(who knew how many calories chicken wings had, grrrrr)and/or I just continue on with my ongoing portion control issues. None is much easier than 5(arbitrary #)pieces of something. Once I hit the 5 I say screw it and just continue eating. Does that make any sense?

Don't have the book any more but would this work if say I had 2 down days for every 1 up day or some other formula?
momof3heathens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 05:49 AM   #157

Quote:
Originally Posted by operry1 View Post
Depending on the flavor maybe a smear of peanutbutter and a drizzle of honey or sugarfree syrup. I tried those before from aldi they are delicious. Try the veggie chips.
Hi, operry. LOL Are we talking about the same thing here? The cracker chips here? These little crackers in their very little bags are very strongly flavored, in Zesty Tomato and in a real strong Sour Cream Ranch sort of flavor. I just can't think that peanut butter or honey, etc. would be good on these.

Are you thinking of the Aldi's little *rice cake poofy* crispy things? Now I agree. Those are pretty tasty. I've tried them a couple of times in the past. Those come in cheddar cheese flavor and in caramel flavor. Those are quite a bit larger than these little cracker crisps. I think a serving of them is quite a bit higher in calories and much fewer of the crisps in an entire serving though. Still low calorie, but higher than these cracker crisps for a Down Day, and I don't eat the foods like that on my Up Days, so I don't think they will work into my menus right now.

Are you doing JUDDD too? Isn't it amazing what this plan will do for you!
Old 08-13-2011, 06:05 AM   #158

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryo View Post
Well, I ended up with 415 calories, so I wasn't actually able to pull off the 350calories. D15 ate all the salad in the house (I bought two bags of it just last night!), so I ended up eating a mozzarella stick, a half cup of plain nonfat Greek yogurt and a cup of broccoli, which added up to a bit more than that salad would have. Oh well, the best laid plans. . . . Honestly, I'm thrilled I was able to limit it to 415 calories. As for up days, I'm usually in the 1200-1300 range and I'm pretty satisfied at that level. Regardless of whether it's an UD or a DD, I eat low carb, which for me is less than 25 net carbs, so I still have the appetite suppression thing going on.
You did really good, Mary! Frankly, I don't think there is much difference between your 350 calorie figure and the 415 calories you actually ate, as far as how your body will react and respond.

This is just my own personal belief, but I don't think that Down Day number, whether 350 or 450 or 500 or 600 or 700 is nearly as important as establishing a truly accurate Up Day calorie level, and then not going beyond that calorie ceiling.

Since the UD and DD calories average together to make a low enough number for weight loss, both of those numbers need to be reasonably accurate, but lots of times the problem with weight loss isn't caused on the DDs. The DDs on this plan are supposed to bring down the UD calories, but too many people seem to go over on their UDs and they are bringing their DD calories up to such a level that they aren't losing weight.

I guess they are doing JUDDD in reverse. Good luck, Mary. I'm glad you're back for another round of JUDDD.

For myself, the increase in carbs while keeping calories within their limits seems to really help with my weight loss too. My body reacts better and works better when it's given a higher carb level. Very low carb doesn't seem to promote weight loss worth a darn for me! Plus I enjoy the foods those higher carb numbers allows me on this plan. That's been a nice help in weight loss for me.
Old 08-13-2011, 06:45 AM   #159

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof3heathens View Post
I am finding it incredibly difficult to keep my up days in check. Surprisingly on my down days it is often I find I am way under my limit however with 5 years of not worrying about calories and increasing the fat/protein I am making so many mistakes(who knew how many calories chicken wings had, grrrrr)and/or I just continue on with my ongoing portion control issues. None is much easier than 5(arbitrary #)pieces of something. Once I hit the 5 I say screw it and just continue eating. Does that make any sense?

Don't have the book any more but would this work if say I had 2 down days for every 1 up day or some other formula?
Good Morning, Momof3. I'm sorry to hear you are struggling at this time.

I think (from all the discussions that I've read over the years) that a lot of the folks here at LCF have eating issues. I know it's tremendously popular and desirable to be able to say ".....It's not how much you eat.. it's what you eat.....", but the truth of it is, so many of us got here because we eat way too much!

For whatever reason, from whatever compulsions, because of whatever emotional dealings, or driven by whatever physical reaction to carbs within our own bodies, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. But it's not just that we ate some foods that were not healthful. Most/many of us ate to excess. And aren't done with that troublesome compulsion, bad habit, ingrained reaction to food, and desire fulfillment reward thing. I know. I overate myself into obesity. Yeah, poor food choices too, but mainly it was not being able to eat small portions of a good variety of healthful food choices and then stopping!

Here's a few observations & questions I am thinking about. I've noticed that a really high number of the successful JUDDD folks actually plan out their Down Days beforehand so that know exactly what they are going to eat that day and in what quantity. And they weigh out and measure out all those little portions to make up their meals, and that's it! They have an exact amount of food and an exact amount of calories, and they know it's exact because they planned and weighed and measured it all!

And here's an important part of it. They do the same thing for their Up Days. (The JUDDD book/plan says to eat whatever you want on your Up Days, but this doesn't address people who have overeating habits and compulsions! And that's where a lot of us, as in US here at LCF, run into trouble because we often aren't just a few pounds overweight, and we got to being as big as we are/were because we have eating problems that are often emotional, etc. compelling and driving compulsions to overeat!

So, my first question would be, do you plan and weigh and measure your UP Day foods as well as your DD foods? Do you know ahead of time what your going to eat and in what amount and what calorie numbers that is going to be? (Because how else will you really know that you are hitting your correct calorie number, or a little lower, on those days?)

Then, do you prepare a plate for yourself in the kitchen and take it to the table? Or however. But here's what I'm asking again in a little different manner... do you just serve yourself from a bowl of food at the table? Only speaking for myself, and I've finally managed to get over this, but when I served myself with a regular serving spoon from the bowls of food at a table, I tended to put way too much food on my plate. I served it up like I was fixing a plate for a strapping young farm hand! I often use my little placesetting spoon now, but I still often very often weigh and measure my food, even on UDs. I believe in portion control, but I still sometimes have to work for it to occur easily.

I know there will be others in who will share their good thoughts and will have wonderful and helpful suggestions about keeping control of Up Day food quantities. But the Up Days are the days we're supposed to just eat at our normal calorie level for maintenance. If it's too high, it will cancel out the DD we just worked so hard on, and then that's two days of no progress.

I know you asked about doing two DDs for every UD. Let me mull that one over for a few minutes. There would certainly be pros and cons about that. Hmmmmm.......
Old 08-13-2011, 07:12 AM   #160

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof3heathens View Post

OK, I know others will be along today and can give you their good thoughts and answers to your questions here too, but here's what I think right now.

As to keeping UD calories under control, I think that problem should be addressed by planning your meals and then weighing and measuring your portions out, just as you would for a DD. That way you know how much to eat, and you feed yourself the correct amount. Period. You're done.

I think the reason JUDDD is designed to alternate between high and low calorie levels is to give us the best of both worlds. So we don't trigger our bodies to slow down metabolism by having too many low-calorie days on end (thinking we're in a famine), but the high days make everything OK again. And the DDs bring down our UD averages into a general weight loss calorie range, and we lose some weight.

But while JUDDD *officially* has us alternating between the two days, as a general calorie cycling plan, I don't see any reason why a person couldn't do two whole DDs in a row and then another Up Day. I guess I'd say that shouldn't be a really big deal. You might not want to be doing heavy workouts on those DDs. I can't see you having a lot of excess energy for hard activity. But for general daily life, I can't see it causing a lot of problems either. We have lots of folks here at LCF doing HCG dieting, and they are on 500 calories for several weeks on end, forcing weight loss. I don't know what their metabolism rate is after a round of that, so can't say anything there. I suppose it would slow down from the low calories held to, and then speed back up once calories are increased, which is how it's supposed to work. If it isn't broken.

There are so many times when we go two days and more on low levels of calories or none. We have to fast to prepare for surgeries or other medical procedures, and often are held to no food for several days. It isn't anything deemed to harm us.

Sometimes we're ill and just don't feel like eating much of anything at all. For two days. And even longer. It doesn't cause our ruination.

Many cultures and religions and individuals fast in various ways for a whole lot longer than just two days, and it's never been a great cause for concern. And those are slim people too! LOL For some reason, our culture these days seems to have an abhorrence of fasting and views it as something unhealthy and even detrimental to the body, but I don't think it is viewed that way in other parts of the world. The thinner parts of the world. Nope, it big fat old us that seem to think fasting or low calories for a couple of days is somehow dangerous. It's probably obese people telling us that! LOL

I say, *Go For It* and I'll join you.

I'm just ready to start the packing for our overnight family reunion thing this weekend, and will return tomorrow afternoon or evening. I'll be anxious to read your response and ideas about this here.

I'll join you doing a DD, DD, UD, DD, DD, UP rotation for awhile, and we'll see how it works. We'll be the guinea pigs. I'll plan and weigh and measure for both the DDs and the UDs, and we'll track our progress!

(But for me, it's not going to be all low carb stuff, 'cause that isn't what makes me feel really well and strong and peppy.)
Old 08-13-2011, 07:50 AM   #161
Major LCF Poster!

I can't wait to hear how you ladies fare with the DD, DD, UD experiment. There were a few times when I unintentionally had closer to my DD calories on an UD and I don't recall that there was a difference on the scale, but I never did it intentionally and never really paid attention (just noticed it on ****** after the fact). I think after two DDs in a row, a person would either gorge themselves on the UD or would eat less than usual because they're sort of used to eating less after a couple low calorie days. for instance, I find that after a DD, 1200 calories on my UD seems like a lot. If you're the latter type, this could work well.
Old 08-13-2011, 07:52 AM   #162

While I've been getting packed and ready to leave for the reunion, I've been thinking about doing the one UD, two DDs rotation starting Monday, and really getting kinda' excited about trying that to see what those results are. Sort of like I've signed up to participate in some science experiment or something.

I think I'll try to document it all, maybe take some pics, etc. so I can report how it all ends up working out. Is it going to be a help? A wash? A detriment? We'll see.

Adding on to this in answer to Mary.

Yes, I'm wondering about the effects too. But one thing I do know for myself is that when I first started JUDDD, I found it terribly hard, white-knuckle hard, to eat as little as 500 calories on DDs. But it wasn't very long before it was as easy as could be. My brain seemed to settle into the new feeding schedule and not utter a peep of hunger any more. So I'm thinking I'll get pretty used to this new schedule too. But.... we'll see. LOL

Last edited by SoHappy; 08-13-2011 at 07:56 AM..
Old 08-13-2011, 08:02 AM   #163
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: The Brew Crew 6
Stats: 220/188/120
WOE: HCG
Start Date: off and on for as long as I can remember!
I have been thinking of doing a different DD, UD rotation too. As far as my schedule, or lack thereof, goes, I generally do things in 2's. Hubby is of for 2 days during the week, in-laws are off on the weekends. So, would it be way out in left field to do UD, UD, DD, DD, DD, UD, UD?. I may try it for a week (once AF is outta here) and see how I feel mentally, and on the scale. I need to find the balance that generates scale results so I have the desire to stick with it, cause lets face it, in the end I am not eating >500 cals a day to be cute

Hope you all have a great weekend!!!
mini goal #1: 185
mini goal #2: 175
mini goal #3: 150

Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels

The Brew Crew 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 08:30 AM   #164

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Brew Crew 6 View Post
I have been thinking of doing a different DD, UD rotation too. As far as my schedule, or lack thereof, goes, I generally do things in 2's. Hubby is of for 2 days during the week, in-laws are off on the weekends. So, would it be way out in left field to do UD, UD, DD, DD, DD, UD, UD?. I may try it for a week (once AF is outta here) and see how I feel mentally, and on the scale. I need to find the balance that generates scale results so I have the desire to stick with it, cause lets face it, in the end I am not eating >500 cals a day to be cute

Hope you all have a great weekend!!!
Well, obviously when we don't stick to the JUDDD rotation schedule, and we don't stick to the JUDDD formula for figuring out UD calories and then stick to the prescribed DD calorie percentage of that, we aren't really doing *true* JUDDD in its purest design anymore either.

But most at LCF who state they are doing Atkins aren't following his plan accurately either. I don't think we really need to worry about sticking to the absolute plan to the nth degree, but - for myself - I don't want to get too-o-o-o far afield from the original plan. LOL

But the biggest thing about JUDDD, to my way of thinking, is the design to keep your calories limited overall, combined with the up-down cycling of those calories, to stimulate weight loss without slow down of the metabolism. Most of us don't have a very good metabolism in the first place or we wouldn't have to be here!

So do look at your plan and be honest. As you just presented it, you have FOUR Up Days for only three DDs, for every week. So you would really, really, really have to have low DDs, and hold your UDs to lower ones too (I'm thinking) to get any weight loss from that rotation. 'Cause normally our UDs and DDs come out an even number at the end of every two weeks.

I'm just saying, that I think if you don't overeat on your UDs, and your DDs are true enough and low enough, that might work, but I just think it might not be as easy as it looks on paper.

But, here's the thing. You won't know until and unless you try it! LOLOLOL So if you do, good luck! And report back to let us know. It won't be JUDDD, exactly as written, but it will be calorie cycling. I just don't know if it will end up cycling low enough overall for you to lose weight... because of that extra UD thrown in there every week.
Old 08-13-2011, 09:51 AM   #165

Just popping in here to bid you all a warm and loving farewell before we head out for the weekend.

See you all tomorrow afternoon or evening.

Do good on your JUDDD days to make up for me maybe not being so stringent. :blush:

I'll hit the harsh new rotation when I return.
Old 08-13-2011, 11:39 AM   #166
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ladyathome
Hi again everyone.

I have been on JUDDD for three weeks now and am down a little over three pounds. I am content with that because I really did not want or need to lose much. Ten pounds or so. Like I said earlier, even if I just maintain and not gain any more it will be worth it to have more variety in my diet.

It's funny how certain foods are a luxury now-like bananas. I hadn't eaten bananas for three years and now it's like eating an ice cream sundae or something.

Up day today and medium day tomorrow because we have a church dinner.
ladyathome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 11:58 AM   #167

Hi All!!

I MADE MY GOAL OF 145 (again) TODAY!!!! Lost that goal in May and never thought I would get it back!!

Well, did my Italian restaurant last night! Had a nice salad, steak with veggies and a side of pasta, very good!! Gorgonzola cheese sauce on the steak that was to die for!! THEN I had a cannoli for dessert! OMG, did THAT taste good!

Today is a down or medium day, I'm not sure yet what because I'm going to dinner tonight again with DBF. Plan on having a nice salad with some meats, but will not go over board, that's for sure. It's a "not hungry" day today, which for me usually follows an UD.

Sitting here having my lunch of FF cheddar cheese singles microwaved to make into cheese crisp, a TBS of FF cream cheese to smear on the crisps, 2 SF gherkin pickles and a nice cup of coffee all for 90 calories! I found this stuff in Target that you sprinkle on popcorn in Buffalo flavor and I sprinkled some on the cheese before I microwaved them and they have a nice "bite"! With my protein flax waffle I made this morning I'm doing really well in the "not hungry" department AND the calorie dept!

Hope everyone has a good Saturday!!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”
Old 08-13-2011, 12:05 PM   #168
Major LCF Poster!

SoHappy I know you nailed it on the head regarding the up day eating and emotional behaviours. I do weigh out food on my down days and start with good intentions on my up days but I let it slip out of hand with an extra this and an extra that. My last down day I had little to no difficult turning down pizza my son had ordered. The next morning on my up day the cream was rotten so I was already in a mood when I had to remake my coffee and wasn't sure I had another cream in the fridge. I did but the due date was the same so I was apprehensive. Turned out fine but it set the tone for the day. After I wrote what I wrote my daughter and her friend came home from a party that I wasn't aware of and her friends stopped by and I could smell the booze. I wasn't happy as the kids range from age 14-17. No point in calling parents cause I have done that too many time with an other daughter and all I get is lip service and nothing else. She ordered pizza on her dime so I couldn't say no and I gave in and ate from being ticked off again. That being said I do know that my stomach is still a lot smaller than it was before I started low carb even with the regain in weight. Before I started eating this way I could have easily polished off 2 large pizzas to myself but I struggled to eat the 5 pieces that I did(was very full after 3 pieces but my habits led me to finish off the rest of my portion of the pizza).

Anywho: I will be doing the 2 days rotation to see if I can keep myself under control better. I am hoping for the latter effect too Maryo, lol.

Take care all.

Linda
Old 08-13-2011, 04:26 PM   #169
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: JUDDD
hmmm. I was just noticing--whatever happened to MagnaMater? She was a dedicated JUDDDer--hope all is well with her--
ouizoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 08:36 PM   #170
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: JonJon
Stats: 110kg/80kg/70kg
WOE: Atkins/JUDDD
Start Date: Feb 2011
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone

Sohappy I can totally relate to not feeling ravenous on the UD. I think its because we know we can eat more that we dont end up worrying too much about it? lol.

Moon, I lost on Atkins for the first few months until I stalled for weeks. But after following advice from everyone here on JUDDD I broke through. Thanks!

Is the advice not to weigh yourself until after a DD? Or should you wait a week or more.

Great weight loss this week guys! I love seeing everyone doing well. And for those whose clothes are looser than before, great job! For me i prefer smaller clothes then weight loss hahaha.

I know in America you guys have steakums? What are they like? Cant get it here in AUS but i think about them often, kinda weird.

Hey Brew Crew! Im too new to say welcome aboard, but it is great to have you here mate!

Its weird but I have developed some kind of OCD thing about dextrose and sucrose in my food. Which limits so much stuff i can eat. I dont think they have effected me before, but for some reason I am avoiding them like crazy now.

Maryo, 415 is still excellent to have achieved IMO!

What is the calorie load for a MD guys? I am still unsure about this.

Have a great weekend everyone!
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 05:39 AM   #171
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: laceymichelle
Stats: 150/127/125
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: July 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeb View Post
OMG, I'm down another .6 pounds and only .8 pounds from my goal weight!

I just can't believe it! Never did I think the weight would melt off like this, and I'm eating well, not starving myself and the fact that I now have all of the wholesome, higher veggie/fruit/grain carbs I wouldn't have before is just an added plus for me! And believe me, I eating well, not crazy processed stuff, but all the homemade good things I love, and still keeping it pretty low carb!

I'M ONE HAPPY CAMPER!!
Beeb,
Reading your posts...your low carb exp sounds a lot like mine! I'm going to give this a try thanks
laceymichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 07:11 AM   #172
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: JonJon
Stats: 110kg/80kg/70kg
WOE: Atkins/JUDDD
Start Date: Feb 2011
btw Beeb, congrats!!!
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 09:59 AM   #173
Major LCF Poster!

Congratulations, Linda! Making goal is HUGE!!!!! I'm so glad JUDDD worked for you to get those last few pounds off.

Today is a down day for me and I'm going to try again for 350 calories, although I'll consider it a good day if I stay under 500. Last night I went out to eat for the first time since I re-started Atkins back in March, and all I can say is thank goodness it was an up day! My bunless burger alone had nearly 600 calories! Fortunately I had a low carb/no fat protein shake for breakfast and a very light lunch, so I kept the day under 1200 calories, and I was able to REALLY enjoy my dinner out without worrying that I was going to overdo it.
Old 08-14-2011, 10:04 AM   #174

Quote:
Originally Posted by laceymichelle View Post
Beeb,
Reading your posts...your low carb exp sounds a lot like mine! I'm going to give this a try thanks
We will have to exchange recipes for DDs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJon View Post
btw Beeb, congrats!!!
Thank you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryo View Post
Congratulations, Linda! Making goal is HUGE!!!!! I'm so glad JUDDD worked for you to get those last few pounds off.

Today is a down day for me and I'm going to try again for 350 calories, although I'll consider it a good day if I stay under 500. Last night I went out to eat for the first time since I re-started Atkins back in March, and all I can say is thank goodness it was an up day! My bunless burger alone had nearly 600 calories! Fortunately I had a low carb/no fat protein shake for breakfast and a very light lunch, so I kept the day under 1200 calories, and I was able to REALLY enjoy my dinner out without worrying that I was going to overdo it.
Thank you and isn't it wonderful to NOT worry when eating out? Even on my DDs I have been able to find Lcal options to eat when eating out! It's a very good thing!
Old 08-14-2011, 01:31 PM   #175
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Moonchild
Stats: (272 first go around) 219/190/180
WOE: LC
Start Date: restart Sept 02, 2013
Sounds like you all are doing very well! I just know this is the right way for me.

Congrats Linda! I am so proud for you!!!

Well, The only way to do this is to be honest here when I do well and when I slip. Last month I had to go to the ER twice due to a LOT of pain in my abdomen. It hurt like I was in hard labor (I had my uterus removed in 1987 so that was not possible). Anyways, they did several tests including a ct scan plus sent off a test for H. Pylori. They told me the ct scan showed nothing but they really felt I had an ulcer and to follow-up with a gastro doc at the clinic (since DH lost his job a while back due to teh company moving to Mexico, we now have no insurance with his current job). There is no gastro doc at the clinic. Okay .. the pain eventually went away and that was that.

This Friday I had my appt. at the clinic. The PA was super stoked about my weight loss, my blood pressure looking great and my having come off insulin. We talked briefly about my ER visits and she said I would need to call the ER to get the results of the H. Pylori test though I was told the results would go to the clinic. So, since I was having to wait around until I could pee in a cup (blood in my urine at the ER and at my clinic app 3 months prior) then she called about the test results. She told me the test was negative (great) BUT .. turns out the CT scan that was done of my abdomen showed the cysts on my ovaries have become quite large and there is reason to be concerned it may be cancer related (I had cancer of the uterus when I was 23 which is why it was removed). She said I absolutely must get in to the women's clinic here .. at a cost of $250. We can barely afford food! Thankfully, Dad said he ha the money for me to go.

Anyways, I tried not to ... but the emotions were so overwhelming .. so I ended up not watching what I eat at all. Old tapes were playing in my head telling me to just stuff the emotions with food because I would feel much better then. I tried to talk myself out of it .. but it just didn't work. We didn't even have any of the things here that I would have liked to have had. If I could have gone for a little Chinese food or something I think I could have made it manageable. STILL wanting Chinese BTW.

Okay .. so it is done and I fully plan to get back on track starting tomorrow. I would start today (which would be the right thing to do) but I think I need to take this day to breathe.

I am usually not one to feel sorry for myself with any of my health issues. Heck .. I comforted the nurse when I had cancer at 23. LOL But I think it has to do with ... a SIL I loved dearly had lost weight, quit smoking, became very active and was healthy. Then she went out to ride horses with her daughter and suddenly had a heart attack and died. While I was still at the clinic on Friday, that kept coming to my mind. I was thinking .. "now isn't that a kicker ... to lose weight and start taking more control of my health ... only to die of cancer"! No worries, I am allowing myself to feel these things this weekend and then .. back on track come Monday! PLEASE wish me the best on Monday. It will be a DD. I should prob do 2 DD in a row .. but I don't think it would be wise right now. I am afraid 2 DD in a row would leave me too hungry and set me up for another binge.

Thanks for listening. I truly am sorry I have not been around to give support and I hope I didn't make you feel I didn't trust y'all to give me support. I did .. and I do. I just needed to feel it a while by myself I think. {{{HUGS}}}

Oh ... yes, there was blood in my urine again so they sent it off to another lab for some other kind of tests. THEN, about 2 hours after I got home ... my ear started draining. Great .. it couldn't have done that while I was at the clinic so it could be checked? This was the first time she didn't check my ears .. I guess too distracted with other stuff going on. So now my ear has drained a clear, sticky fluid since Friday. At least it doesn't hurt! I looked it up and am still not sure if I should have it seen about. If it were a little bloody or if it were yellow I would know it is an infection. Being clear means it could be spinal fluid. Arrrrgghhh!

Last edited by Moonchild; 08-14-2011 at 01:35 PM..
Moonchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 01:58 PM   #176

Moon, I got you ON TOP of my healing list and please know you are in my thoughts!

Take time for you, JUDDD will be here when you are feeling better and want to start again. In the mean time please let us know what is going on with you. You just saying hi is enough encouragement for all of us!

Old 08-14-2011, 02:59 PM   #177
Major LCF Poster!

Moon, I'm sending positive thoughts your way. I hope you get good news. I know it's hard to do, but try to stay positive and take care of you.
Old 08-14-2011, 05:15 PM   #178
Major LCF Poster!

Hugs to Moon.

Doing okay with a second dd.
Old 08-14-2011, 05:48 PM   #179
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Moonchild
Stats: (272 first go around) 219/190/180
WOE: LC
Start Date: restart Sept 02, 2013
TY all .. you are the best!

momof3 ... glad your 2nd DD is working out well KUTGW

MaryO ... sounds like you did pretty great to me! I checked out that calculator also and it wanted me to do less than 400 cals on a DD also .. no way! But I know it was also recommended a low of 500 cals for the obese (because we tend to guess higher for our amount of activity or something like that) so i went with the 500. I think that is more than low enough. I can't buy many different products, so that helps really because then I am stuck with mostly just veggies and salad on a DD. Alright with me .. I love salad! I think, as long as I stick with raw veggies and salad, it will be okay for me to use full fat dressings. I don't like a lot of dressing anyways. I usually use the real dressing and also add juice from my banana peppers and/or green olives.

lady, congrats on the lost pounds! Wow .. when you don't have a lot to lose, 3 pounds IS A LOT! It amazes me how those who just have a little more to go are able to get it going using JUDDD! Great inspiration!

Brewcrew .. I think that is one of the great things about JUDDD .. it does leave us room to have a slighty higher carb treat on occasion if we choose it. The lack of limitations on on UD will make the DD easier to get through. Of course, when I say lack of limitations, I don't mean we have liscence to go crazy, but it is good to know we can have something as long as it is planned within the cal. count.

If I missed anyone, I apologize. Know that my thoughts are with each of you. We are all on this journey together.
Moonchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 05:58 PM   #180

Wow! It feels like I was gone for days and days. This place is jumping! New faces and folks stopping by. That's fun. Moon, darnit! Sorry about the pain you have been having to endure and the health issue now too. I'll be keeping you in my prayers!

I'm so tired and hope to just get to bed early. In my own dear bed. LOL Nice, nice motel, but a bed that still just didn't feel quite comfortable. I'm too picky.

Looking forward to my first of TWO back-to-back Down Days tomorrow. This will be a fun experiment in overall weight loss and in my general feelings of health and vigor, etc. I now will be making certain to include an ample amount of protein on the second DD, especially. Normally I focus on veggies on DDs and heavier protein on UDs, but now feel I need to make sure DDs include a bit more protein than previously.

I'm going to work something out for my menu tomorrow before I hit the bed tonight. And to bed early. See you guys in the morning.